The Rings Of Power is really good (The Lord Of The Rings) @O_I

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
HeberC
captain of 100

Re: The Rings Of Power is really good (The Lord Of The Rings) @O_I

Post by HeberC »

It's an advantage, not being familiar with the messed-up accents, I guess. My hobby has always been mimicking accents but I can only do the ones I grew up with.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

technomagus wrote: September 28th, 2022, 12:51 pm They assume the same situations people find themselves in today are similar to hundreds of years ago. They are clearly not. The writers are bunch of urban millenials who could not be bothered to read some history or even the vast amount of source material. If you really want to have characters who are multiple ethnicities, don't adapt stories set entirely in midieval worlds where they don't exist.
I think this is where most misunderstand the progressives.

They know these people did not exist in the historical context. This is the very thing they wish to "fix".

The progressives deny reality and human nature. They wish to speak into existence a new reality that matches their values. They understand that even though the past cannot be changed, the memory of the past can. So they change stories and myths of western culture knowing that people will begin to accept this as how things really were. They pick these stories on purpose precisely so that their current antics seem more palatable and natural.

This has been going on for a long time and the progressives have been very successful. Look what they have done to Austen. Bridgerton was an attempt to replace the understanding of the much loved world her writing helped create in peoples minds. Austen's writing reflected real human nature and taught important moral lessons. Bridgerton overturns all that morality and replaces it with a world where vice is virtue and virtue is vice. On top of that, they make early 19th century England appear as a multi-cultural utopia with modern progressive values.

This is the point of the rewriting of all western myths and stories. This is why Pinnochio's fairy is now a black african woman. This is why Maleficent is now a hero. This is why Ariel is now black. All of it is meant to erase your culture and values and replace it with something spoken into existence by progressive who know what's best for you.

We should not support this nonsense, even if it might be entertaining. We should help value and preserve western culture and heritage, not help destroy it.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

A summation of the first season from someone who is quite familiar with many aspects of Tolkien's writings.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Jashon wrote: October 18th, 2022, 6:47 am A summation of the first season from someone who is quite familiar with many aspects of Tolkien's writings.
This reviewer knows a lot of the lore. Doomcock is more fun but makes his own mistakes sometimes.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I've watched all the episodes and enjoyed it, despite its shortcomings.

It's easy for those commentators to tear it down and dissect all the reasons the show is terrible, but I quite enjoy this positive approach that gives a breakdown, fills in the pieces based on the lore, points out easter eggs, etc.

SPOILERS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6mauzcKWM

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

Someone needs to sue Amazon on Galadriel's behalf for defamation of character. She is married, her husband is never mentioned, almost in a relationship with Sauron, and is the reason Sauron rises back to power? Awful plot with terrible scene and dialog writing.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Niyr wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:25 am Someone needs to sue Amazon on Galadriel's behalf for defamation of character. She is married, her husband is never mentioned, almost in a relationship with Sauron, and is the reason Sauron rises back to power? Awful plot with terrible scene and dialog writing.
But on the plus side she can jump off a ship mid ocean.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Anybody see the Willow series yet? Gay…

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Jonesy wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 4:41 am Anybody see the Willow series yet? Gay…
I was watching Lord Doomcock's review of it last night. Looks horrific. He points out that there are numerous plotholes in it. Makes the Rings of Power look professional by comparison.

According to him, it literally is gay. The main characters are teenage lesbians (not Willow!) and an older white male with them is despatched early on with little regrets.

(18 mins approx. Contains some fruity language.)