Cash matters

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Cash matters

Post by Christianlee »

This is an interesting website. Say no to government controlled digital currencies.

https://www.cashmatters.org/why-cash-ma ... ce-of-cash

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Cash matters

Post by Silver Pie »

I am totally for being able to always use cash. I don't really like every purchase tracked, even though I only buy ordinary, everyday things for living.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Moving away from the gold/silver standard seems to be a far worse shift than moving to all digital money.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

More on the threat of a central bank digital currency.

“Ultimately, CBDCs are an enslavement mechanism. Any individual who values the ability to transact freely, and live without all-encompassing financial surveillance, has cause for immense concern.”

https://redstate.com/heartlandinstitute ... se-n634330

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Just remember that US Dollar bills will only be good for so many days after a wholesale/nationwide banking crash.

Try spending $10,000 in cash in two weeks, within a twenty mile radius of your home.

You won’t find food, fuel, barrels, water filters, etc with in days.

Go buy barbed wire and sand bags right now.
(Get an electric fence (solar powered) too. If I gotta explain why, you’ve lost already…).

Every trip to Lowes or Home Depot will require armed guards and a couple of you guarding your vehicle, ready to shoot, while those who venture inside the store may come out as a hostage with a pistol to their head, and would your teen son be a good enough shot, or have the guts to pull the trigger to get you out of the situation?

I guarantee no where in the YM/YW program are our kids building courage in the face of physical danger.

When the Book of Mormon has physical violence all thru it, oft times unexpected, and unwarranted.

Liken the scriptures and the signs of the times to ourselves and our day….

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

creator wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:16 pm Moving away from the gold/silver standard seems to be a far worse shift than moving to all digital money.
Russia has tied the price of it's gas to gold. They even talk of a real gold standard. Biden sent them an extra billion or so per day by cutting off our oil production.

Electronic currency can never work unless they figure out a way to keep it in your pocket without a card. Gold and silver is the correct answer. If my money is on deposit at U R Screwed Bank, they can manipulate my balance at will. Only if I can store it in my pocket, is it a legitimate medium of exchange.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

creator wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:16 pm Moving away from the gold/silver standard seems to be a far worse shift than moving to all digital money.
Russia has tied the price of it's gas to gold. They even talk of a real gold standard. Biden sent them an extra billion or so per day by cutting off our oil production.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/450119 ... ld-bitcoin

Electronic currency can never work unless they figure out a way to keep it in your pocket without a card. Gold and silver is the correct answer. If my money is on deposit at U R Screwed Bank, they can manipulate my balance at will. Only if I can store it in my pocket, is it a legitimate medium of exchange.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Fred wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:35 pm

https://seekingalpha.com/article/450119 ... ld-bitcoin

That assumes people will find a practical way to use gold and silver as exchange. The card is the whole point of the CBDC. Or they can implant a chip in your hand. If you decide not to take a vaccine the government could shut you off electronically. That is just one example. And don’t ever protest anything.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

The Fed coin is the last step to total enslavement to the government.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Fred wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:32 pm

Language Warning ⬆
https://www.theperfectcurrency.org/main-energy-currency/energy-currency wrote:
... If energy storage technology can be developed to the point at which several thousand kilowatt hours can (safely) be carried on something the size of a credit card, then we will have developed the perfect currency. ...
Food storage is one form of storing energy currency as measured in food calories.

Joules posses real value, but not jewels. :mrgreen: gbng

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The pound just tanked so who knows what will come out of that. The UK now has a Weffer king, prime minister and chancellor of the exchequer (finance minister).

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

What I suspect they will offer is commodity backed digital money. Even some gold and silver bugs would probably be in favor since it would give them the moonshot they have all been waiting for.

And the majority of people are just going to be screaming for a solution, and as always turning to the problem causers for the fix.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Niemand wrote: September 29th, 2022, 2:05 am The pound just tanked so who knows what will come out of that. The UK now has a Weffer king, prime minister and chancellor of the exchequer (finance minister).
Did the government bail out the banks?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Fred wrote: September 29th, 2022, 10:56 am
Niemand wrote: September 29th, 2022, 2:05 am The pound just tanked so who knows what will come out of that. The UK now has a Weffer king, prime minister and chancellor of the exchequer (finance minister).
The last government (Labour) did about ten years ago. I won't be surprised if they do it again.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Niemand wrote: September 29th, 2022, 12:01 pm
Fred wrote: September 29th, 2022, 10:56 am
The last government (Labour) did about ten years ago. I won't be surprised if they do it again.
The news seems to be only American

As markets tumbled, the Bank of England was forced into action to prevent a gilt market crash

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rust-in-uk

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

just a theory:

The U.S. and western world (EU) goes to digital. Backed by some absurd accounting of 'assets'.
BRICS announces their currency is backed by gold. Hence, the massive hording that's been done by Russia and China for over a decade. Theirs could be digital as well, just gold backed.

A new world with a new division, but only for a short while, I'm guessing. It has to go to a one world govt eventually and then steps out Mr. Brilliant with a new plan. It will be called the Golden Age , until it is swallowed up by the greatest natural disasters ever seen on earth. Just musing.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

The older I get, the older I act like the stereotypical old man. I prefer to use cash as much as possible. Today I had an expensive car repair bill. I got the total over the phone, stopped at the bank and handed the mechanic a very fat envelope of cash. He was a little surprised, but hey. When they add a 3% upcharge for card transactions, in this case it would of added over $50 to my bill.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

blitzinstripes wrote: September 29th, 2022, 5:55 pm The older I get, the older I act like the stereotypical old man. I prefer to use cash as much as possible. Today I had an expensive car repair bill. I got the total over the phone, stopped at the bank and handed the mechanic a very fat envelope of cash. He was a little surprised, but hey. When they add a 3% upcharge for card transactions, in this case it would of added over $50 to my bill.
Take it a step farther and close your bank account. I haven't had a bank account in over 20 years.

Walmart has a debit card issued by American Express call Bluebird. No fees. No minimums. No withdrawal limits. You can send money to anyone in the world as long as they pick it up at a Walmart. Accepted everywhere that accepts American Express. That gives you a free card to use when a card is most convenient. Load it enough to pay your bills and use cash for everything else.

Cash is king. At least for a while.

Check the classifieds and sometimes you see something you can double or triple your money on. Like a fairly new 4x4 truck that she drove home and now it won't start. Probably a fuel pump or something much cheaper. She wants a thousand dollars for it. First one that sees it, buys it.

Let your money do the work so you can stay home. If you double $1000 just 10 times, you have a million in cash. It is easy to find a car you can buy for a grand and sell for 2. Or a truck for 7, you can sell for 14. For higher amounts, buy real estate. Keep your cash on hand. Don't spend it. Go without eating if you have to. The money is for investing. Not survival.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Fred wrote: September 29th, 2022, 8:45 pm
blitzinstripes wrote: September 29th, 2022, 5:55 pm The older I get, the older I act like the stereotypical old man. I prefer to use cash as much as possible. Today I had an expensive car repair bill. I got the total over the phone, stopped at the bank and handed the mechanic a very fat envelope of cash. He was a little surprised, but hey. When they add a 3% upcharge for card transactions, in this case it would of added over $50 to my bill.
Take it a step farther and close your bank account. I haven't had a bank account in over 20 years.

Walmart has a debit card issued by American Express call Bluebird. No fees. No minimums. No withdrawal limits. You can send money to anyone in the world as long as they pick it up at a Walmart. Accepted everywhere that accepts American Express. That gives you a free card to use when a card is most convenient. Load it enough to pay your bills and use cash for everything else.

Cash is king. At least for a while.

Check the classifieds and sometimes you see something you can double or triple your money on. Like a fairly new 4x4 truck that she drove home and now it won't start. Probably a fuel pump or something much cheaper. She wants a thousand dollars for it. First one that sees it, buys it.

Let your money do the work so you can stay home. If you double $1000 just 10 times, you have a million in cash. It is easy to find a car you can buy for a grand and sell for 2. Or a truck for 7, you can sell for 14. For higher amounts, buy real estate. Keep your cash on hand. Don't spend it. Go without eating if you have to. The money is for investing. Not survival.
Fred...you must be a wheeler dealer wizard!!!....and skinny....lol.....my grocery bill has doubled recently and I was thinking I really need to cut back...lol...maybe I start cruising craigslist looking for deals....lol.....instead of grocery shopping....lol......

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

For you personally in the short term, yes digital money will be less worse than the shift from gold standard. But then leaving the gold standard wasn't a big deal at first either. But bad ideas and bad principles have special way of collecting momentum and interest over time.

Digital currency will give corporate banking/government total cancel power over any organization it deems heretical. If you have watched how the left have gone after those like gun rights and pro life organizations to shutdown their ability to do any fundraising or even basic banking, you would see the playbook coming.

This was in 2020. there has been a lot of developments since then.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-banks-fin ... n-industry

Here is an example of how they are micro targeting pro lifers.
https://faithit.com/kicked-out-bank-no- ... life-bank/

They came for the NRA but I was not a gun owner so I said nothing.
Then they came for the prolifers but I was not an anti abortion activist so I said nothing

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Also want to share a family story about cash. My great grandparents during the great depression. Had their home loan and savings through the same bank. When the bank collapsed they stole their savings and then foreclosed on their home because of their inability to pay the mortgage.

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

Money is a funny thing.

Blessing?

Curse?

There is a wonderful line in a Lauren Bacall film where she and her costar are arguing about money. I cannot quote it directly from memory, but it went something like this:

Man: Are you telling me that you think money automatically makes you happy?

Bacall: Well, no, but it doesn't automatically depress me either.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I went to a chippy today (for you non-Brits, that’s a place where you get fish and chips, and what have you), and they would only accept cash. No card payments. Was quite pleased to see it.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Luke wrote: September 30th, 2022, 1:44 pm I went to a chippy today (for you non-Brits, that’s a place where you get fish and chips, and what have you), and they would only accept cash. No card payments. Was quite pleased to see it.
The flipside of this is that in some places it is hard to find a cash machine (for the customer) and a place to make physical deposits (for the business). And it's getting worse. The existing cash machines are often dirty or broken. It's the same type od "psychological nudging" used to destroy landlines and payphones.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Digital money is a move close to the Mark. Getting rid of the gold standard is arguably a mistake but is nowhere near as close to it.