What's your excuse for not homeschooling your children?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: What's your excuse for not homeschooling your children?

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
2022-10-18_12-23-04.png
2022-10-18_12-23-04.png (780.1 KiB) Viewed 998 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

That's sick! 🤢 🤥

And all so pedophiles can have free reign, and hospitals and doctors can become incredibly wealthy.
🤑 🤑 🤦

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

bbrown wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:23 pm We know virtually nothing about Christ’s childhood and adolescence even young adulthood. A couple verses and a bit of other stuff from scrolls and tradition. We barely know anything about his three year ministry. A few pages repeated 4 times. So saying he did x or y as a youth is pure speculation and always seems to fit the image the beholder has of him.
Given the amount of research and primary sources we have for Jesus' day and from the context provided by the gospels, we can actually tell a lot, such as his ministry was likely a lot more than three years.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
Screenshot_20221019-113805.png
Screenshot_20221019-113805.png (679.44 KiB) Viewed 924 times

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
Screenshot_20221020-085858.png
Screenshot_20221020-085858.png (493.59 KiB) Viewed 873 times

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 18th, 2022, 11:24 am It all starts in the schools.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/vir ... osite-sex/
Sick bastards

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 10:39 am.
There shouldn't even be a child immunization list.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
Screenshot_20221021-160458.png
Screenshot_20221021-160458.png (867.68 KiB) Viewed 793 times

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Six pages in and I gather that most of the excuses so far have been:

1. Need dual incomes to maintain personal lifestyle choices.
2. Don't want their children to be "weird" according to the world's standards.
3. They are now empty nesters, but would have homeschooled if they still had young children.
4. They do not feel qualified to teach their children.
5. They live in a country where it is illegal to homeschool.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 3:11 pm Six pages in and I gather that most of the excuses so far have been:

3. They are now empty nesters, but would have homeschooled if they still had young children.

The #1 reason I've heard from moms in our ward/stake is that they like their free time - hubby's off to work, kids are off to school, and mom is free to do what she wants - they don't want to spend all day, every day with their kids - and they're not the least bit shy about people knowing that either, including their kids. Shoot, in our ward, the moms with school-aged children throw a back-to-school party for themselves when their kids are back in school in August - every year. It's announced in our ward FB group and is met with extreme delight and joy by the vast majority of mothers.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

EmmaLee wrote: October 21st, 2022, 3:28 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 3:11 pm Six pages in and I gather that most of the excuses so far have been:

The #1 reason I've heard from moms in our ward/stake is that they like their free time - hubby's off to work, kids are off to school, and mom is free to do what she wants - they don't want to spend all day, every day with their kids - and they're not the least bit shy about people knowing that either, including their kids. Shoot, in our ward, the moms with school-aged children throw a back-to-school party for themselves when their kids are back in school in August - every year. It's announced in our ward FB group and is met with extreme delight and joy by the vast majority of mothers.
gross

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I heard a statistic on a program today that just last year school boards across the nation reported another 4% loss to homeschooling from their enrolled student bodies as parents seek "other means" of educating their children. Yeah!!!

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

EmmaLee wrote: October 21st, 2022, 3:28 pm

Yes. I saw this when I was in Utah. Makes me sick. Why do they have kids of they don't want them?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I LOVE the Babylon Bee! 💗
InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 3:05 pm.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I homeschooled, but not all the time. If I was in today's climate, they'd never set a foot in the door of a school from the time the cvd nonsense began (earlier if I became aware of a sexual agenda)! That's how strongly I feel about deadly jags and pedophilia.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

6. They think isolated self-righteous lockdown/being home-bound is unhealthy
7. They seek to be more like Christ in mingling with “sinners” in the world without being part of it, & see that this must be learned gradually.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

One reason that people don't homeschool, is that they want their children to read books like this one.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

You’d think it’d go without saying…
Those who have physically, sexually or emotionally abused or neglected children in any way - ought not to homeschool kids.

“… CRHE has been tracking cases of severe or fatal abuse that occur under the guise of homeschooling since 2013.
There are several things to note:

*Unlike children who attend public school, children who are homeschooled are not seen regularly by mandatory reporters such as teachers or school staff.
*Isolation is a known risk factor for abuse. *While many homeschooled children are not socially isolated, there are currently no protections in place for those who are.
*Parents who homeschool have complete control over who their children have contact with; this may include isolating children from grandparents or other relatives.
*Children who do not attend school often lack access to school district resources for health and wellness, such as medical and disability screenings, meal programs, and athletics opportunities.

In the vast majority of states, there are currently no protections in place for children who are homeschooled. This is the case despite a 2014 study finding that 47% of children who experience child torture were removed from school to be homeschooled (and another 29% were never enrolled in school), and a 2018 Connecticut study found that 36% of children removed from school to be homeschooled were subject to past child welfare reports.
For further reading on this overall problem, see:
Concealing Abuse by Homeschooling
Children’s Rights and Child Protection
Studies of Abuse & Neglect in Homeschooling
Homeschooling’s Invisible Children Database…”
https://responsiblehomeschooling.org/ad ... ironments/

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Thinker wrote: October 25th, 2022, 11:23 am
6. They think isolated self-righteous lockdown/being home-bound is unhealthy
7. They seek to be more like Christ in mingling with “sinners” in the world without being part of it, & see that this must be learned gradually.

Once again, you have a complete misunderstanding of what homeschooling is all about. You once again falsely claim that homeschooled children are isolated and home-bound. You once again falsely claim that homeschooled children do not mingle or interact with anyone else outside the home.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

Thinker wrote: October 25th, 2022, 3:09 pm You’d think it’d go without saying…
Those who have physically, sexually or emotionally abused or neglected children in any way - ought not to homeschool kids.

“… CRHE has been tracking cases of severe or fatal abuse that occur under the guise of homeschooling since 2013.

*Unlike children who attend public school, children who are homeschooled are not seen regularly by mandatory reporters such as teachers or school staff.
*Isolation is a known risk factor for abuse. *While many homeschooled children are not socially isolated, there are currently no protections in place for those who are.
*Parents who homeschool have complete control over who their children have contact with; this may include isolating children from grandparents or other relatives.
*Children who do not attend school often lack access to school district resources for health and wellness, such as medical and disability screenings, meal programs, and athletics opportunities.

In the vast majority of states, there are currently no protections in place for children who are homeschooled. This is the case despite a 2014 study finding that 47% of children who experience child torture were removed from school to be homeschooled (and another 29% were never enrolled in school), and a 2018 Connecticut study found that 36% of children removed from school to be homeschooled were subject to past child welfare reports.

Equating this with most homeschoolers is absurd. There are cases of the above which are true, kind of, but it’s not the vast majority. My soon to be ex sister in law was “homeschooled” neglected is such manner. But guess what. Her kids are neglected in the same way (hence the soon to be ex) and they go to public school. None of the “mandatory” reporters report this or notice or do anything. There are plenty of the same abuse and neglect in public school too. Many disposed to commit such crimes find it easier to do so without outside view but many don’t care. Reports to cps means nothing. Busy body’s love to report anyone who is different even after complimenting you on how well adjusted the kids are. I’ve personally experienced this (at the hands of church leaders no less) and know many others who also have. Even when there is no reason to report. In my experience cps will harass responsible people mercilessly, because they are not actually dangerous and will comply with complete tyranny to get their children back because they actually care. They ignore the actual dangerous people where there is legit serious abuse. I know of more than one such case locally where the grandparents aunts uncles friends (not school people) begged cps to help, they refused. The reporters were targeted by the cps people. The children ended up dead and literally thrown on the side of the road. Being reported to cps means little other than the family crossed some busy body.

State protections as sited above do not stop any of this. I am a responsible adult as is my wife. We do not need the nanny state watching or checking up on us. We can do that on our own. And don’t get me started on the school sponsored medical and disability services. A friend who has a son with the same disability as my son was talking about her school experiences, how he was bullied by the “care takers”. They had no idea how to deal with him. They put him in a swing (he does not have strength to be on a swing only a chair type) which he fell off of causing permanent injury loosing the ability to walk. They are a menace and unqualified. A responsible parent is ALWAYS better than a state hirling.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Thinker wrote: October 25th, 2022, 3:09 pm You’d think it’d go without saying…

I can respect if you believe you would turn to abuse if you homeschooled. If that's the case, you should utilize definitely public school system.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

If you are confident that you’re doing good for your kids, then there’s no need to get defensive & try to personally attack me. Is it ok that we all don’t believe & act the exact same way? If not, then what? What kind of example do you want to give your kids?

It is known that depression, anxiety, suicide & other problems skyrocketed during lockdown. While there are other factors involved, this partly points to how unhealthy it is to be home-bound. Domestic violence & child sexual abuse also skyrocketed while everyone was home-bound. Someone on this forum confessed to sexually abusing their stepchild. I find those who have that background & are pushing homeschool, to be concerning.

I understand that not all homeschooling is socially isolated, but there is a reason it’s called HOMEschool. Again, as I’ve repeated, I believe there are times & circumstances when homeschooling is best. But the view that EVERYONE should be doing what you’re doing with your kids is not considering or respecting well-founded reasons to educate their kids differently. Just as you’d like others to respect your reasoning, it’s mature if you respect that there are valid reasons for choosing differently than you.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

I live in South East Idaho. I am in my second year of homeschooling my children. It was something I wrestled with when they were babies. Then the pandemic hit, I saw how schools responded and still respond, I saw what indoctrination was being snuck in, it became an easy decision.
That being said, homeschooling has been incredibly difficult. Not one single family in my large ward homeschools. People who do homeschool here tend to keep to themselves. I feel like a pioneer who has no clue what she’s doing and sometimes I think it would be so much easier to just give up and put my kids in school. And I say that as someone whose kids pick up on learning very easily. My first grader was reading at a 4th grade level by the end of Kindergarten. Now he can take his turn reading verses during our scripture study and just needs help learning what it means. I can’t really give myself much credit for that. My husband is an engineer and also a quick learner. Still, homeschooling is a challenge because of the investment of finances and time and patience. I can’t imagine how much more challenging homeschool is for those with kids who struggle to learn for one reason or the other. My heart goes out to them.
I saw a comment on here about the reasons people choose not to homeschool. I’ll add one from what I’ve learned from other homeschoolers in the groups I’m a part of: It’s hard! They tried it and found it to be too contentious. They find they don’t get along with their kids in that kind of learning environment. Their kids are struggling to learn, make friends, and their solution is to give up and put them in school. My hair dresser wishes she could homeschool her son because he’s depressed and acting out due to bullies (he is 9 years old!) But she tells me that they’d just get nothing done because they’re like oil and water. Those kinds of reasons are why most people that I talk to either don’t homeschool even though they wish they could, or give up homeschooling after trying it. I can sympathize with them. It’s so hard! But I chose to have these kids and I guess I can’t bring myself to give up just because it’s difficult.

My mother in law is a kindergarten teacher in the area and has horror stories to tell. She’s got almost 20 kids that she has to teach all by herself, for a full school day. A few of those have developmental delays and they don’t have aids, so my mother in law has to try to teach a class full of very rowdy kids while also catering to those needs. That’s the case in pretty much every classroom these days, and it’s enough to keep me trekking along homeschooling my kids. But then she tells me that the special ed teacher at her school who changed her gender and is now walking around with one of these badges with the QR code on it (linked below) , and the principle doesn’t know what to do about it, and that just seals the deal for me. I am all for teaching our kids how to “swim against the current” and be examples of the believers. But kids are also impressionable, vulnerable and so young. I’m not willing to throw them in with the sharks like that! I don’t believe that’s what thoughtful and proactive parents do.

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/statu ... 1878637573

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

The real answer is to work together so that one teacher can teach many students. The school system is simply a satanic indoctrination center.

Reading, writing, and math is all that is necessary to the sixth grade. When a child has a hankering to learn something additional, he/she should be encouraged. But nobody cares what the capital of France is or where Ukraine is. In 67 years, I have never been asked either one of those.

Even following the department of education suggested curriculum is not of any value. Once the kids can read and write and do math, they should be free to learn whatever they want. Or not.

If their career path requires college or vocational school, then that is what they should do. There is no more value in a High School Diploma than a used piece of toilet paper. No one has ever asked me for one. Not even when I went to college. All a high school diploma means is that you have been taught boys can have babies, there are hundreds of genders, democrats care about the poor, republicans are nazis, and thousands of other lies.

Any employer that asks for a diploma is an idiot. He should ask questions relating to the job. Even if the job is so lame that anyone can do it, a diploma has no merit.

Back in the late 90s, the clerk at church told me his computer had a virus and no computer store he had went to could fix it. I had worked in a computer store before moving there and was known as the computer wizard. I told him to bring it by and I would fix it. He did and I simply did a low level format on the hard disk which deleted everything. A standard format does not kill a virus. Anyway, he worked for the county. I got a call a week or so later and was asked if I wanted a job overseeing all of the computers in the county. I took the job. All of the computers in the public libraries, health department, police station, schools, even on the Reservation, was my responsibility. They couldn't care less if I had a diploma or not and it would have been stupid to ask.

Why would a parent knowingly send their child into the satanic indoctrination center, unless they hated them? If they complain about what is being taught, the FBI will arrest them. Far better to just evade the entire thing.

Pay a mother that is already home teaching and you still have your free time. Help if you can and make it a better experience.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

I should have added, for those that complain about not having enough money. It is FAR easier and FAR more comfortable to figure out how to earn more money, than it is to figure out how to live on less.