What I needed today

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

What I needed today

Post by blitzinstripes »

Today was one of those days.Just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I could write a novel about this day! Finally made it to the afternoon and by the grace of God caught a few lucky breaks to end on a positive note and so we decided to grab dinner out at a small diner. We just weren't in the mood to cook tonight.

While we were waiting for our food, an elderly couple from church came in. Haven't seen them in a few years, but we used to be really close. Their health is failing and I could see he needed help so I jumped up and helped him to his seat and we chatted a little bit. As I got up to return to my seat, another woman stood up and tried to put something in my hand. She had seen me help him to his seat. I explained that he was a friend of mine and I didn't need her money, it was my pleasure. She insisted. She said, "just look at it and please accept it". I looked down in my hand, and this is what it was.
Gallery_1663887797182.jpg
Gallery_1663887797182.jpg (66.91 KiB) Viewed 241 times
I just stared at it. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. My day had been so bad. I prayed so many times today for the Lord's grace, and finally by the end of the day, I saw my prayers answered and this was the icing on the cake. I don't believe in coincidences. This penny may not mean anything to anyone else. But today, for me, it meant the world. He lives, He loves us,and He answers our prayers. And when I truly hear Him, it's always in these little ways.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What I needed today

Post by Cruiserdude »

blitzinstripes wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:07 pm Today was one of those days.Just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I could write a novel about this day! Finally made it to the afternoon and by the grace of God caught a few lucky breaks to end on a positive note and so we decided to grab dinner out at a small diner. We just weren't in the mood to cook tonight.

While we were waiting for our food, an elderly couple from church came in. Haven't seen them in a few years, but we used to be really close. Their health is failing and I could see he needed help so I jumped up and helped him to his seat and we chatted a little bit. As I got up to return to my seat, another woman stood up and tried to put something in my hand. She had seen me help him to his seat. I explained that he was a friend of mine and I didn't need her money, it was my pleasure. She insisted. She said, "just look at it and please accept it". I looked down in my hand, and this is what it was.

I just stared at it. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. My day had been so bad. I prayed so many times today for the Lord's grace, and finally by the end of the day, I saw my prayers answered and this was the icing on the cake. I don't believe in coincidences. This penny may not mean anything to anyone else. But today, for me, it meant the world. He lives, He loves us,and He answers our prayers. And when I truly hear Him, it's always in these little ways.
What an awesome post hermano 👍thanks for sharing that

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Cruiserdude wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 7:18 pm
blitzinstripes wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:07 pm Today was one of those days.Just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I could write a novel about this day! Finally made it to the afternoon and by the grace of God caught a few lucky breaks to end on a positive note and so we decided to grab dinner out at a small diner. We just weren't in the mood to cook tonight.

What an awesome post hermano 👍thanks for sharing that
You are welcome, brother.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

You needed someone to commit a crime. :?

JK it’s not a crime to destroy currency.

Somewhat of a forced miracle, but actually another miracle of timing, considering that today is the day I dropped the below pictured item on James Michael’s desk as I left my current job location for the last time.
Look closely to see his initials on a random piece of electrical conduit that forms the fuselage. Search Purple Circle on LDSFF for further light and knowledge. :lol: