Is Anyone Openly Gay at Church?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Is Anyone Openly Gay at Church?

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: September 28th, 2022, 11:39 am
Niemand wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 6:26 pm There are a number of people who have regretted their choice but they can't go back to where they were.
Scott Nugent. She's now very vocal about how big of a mistake it is, in spite of serious harassment.

The road to medical transition had plenty of warning signs. Each time the doubt arose, I reached out to professionals to help me figure out what would be best for my life. As I look back, I realize their influence over my journey, and I recognize the power these two therapists not just held but still hold over my life because medical transition? It's not reversible; the decision to transition medically cannot be undone.

When I think of these conversations now, my blood boils because I recognize that if these conversations went differently? I might have made the right decision, the decision not to medically transition. I realize now that not transitioning was the right choice, yet I live the wrong decision. The bad decision and the responsibility of these therapists? It feels criminal like they need to be held accountable for what they pushed. I realize that will never happen. But what I can do? I can walk you through how to make a different decision if you are in the quandary I was.

I listen with an open heart, piercing tongue, and take my words and SCREAM Louder with all my love.

Scott
https://www.trevoices.org/post/this-tim ... -med-trans

This video is over an hour long. I haven't watched it, so I don't know if it is worth it, but I did watch the What is a Woman? documentary. She's in it. Very plain about the issues and operations gone wrong in that interview.
My thinking on this is very simple — it is tough enough to be a man or woman, without swapping to the other side.

Every person has challenges. Puberty especially comes with a lot of them. "Transition" and you may go through this twice. They don't tell girls for example that they will go through the menopause in their teens... being a teenager and menopausal at the same time is a disaster.

I am not a great fan of my own body, but it is my body and it's what I have to work with. It has worked for me for decades now for which I'm grateful. If I tried to become a woman, it would bring a whole load of new challenges with it.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

resistence to this philosophy of gender has caused those pushing it to work on younger and younger children cuz so many have resisted it and kept their birth gender.

this philosophy works only on the vulnerable young and the older stupid. It is still NOT a majority in the USA but just gets majority of MSM advertising it

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Allison wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:41 pm My son in another ward believes that kind of thing isn’t happening in the Church, and that gays wouldn’t even want to attend our church because of our policy against gay marriage.

Told him about a friend whose MTF brother in law in New England dresses as a woman now and attends RS with the ladies. When I told our friend that we would stop attending if it happened in our ward, he was shocked, just dumbfounded that we would not want to make such people feel extra welcome at church.
Send this link to your son from a few YEARS ago. Things have got worse in the world since then. This excommunicated person worked on many temples.

Transgender woman, a former stake president and temple architect, speaks out against birth certificate bill, but for ‘gender language’ in family proclamation
Such a move would set a “very dangerous” precedent, argues Laurie Lee Hall, a former stake president and temple architect who was excommunicated from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for living as a transgender woman. “ … It would ultimately wind up, without hyperbole at all, erasing transgender people from existence.”

Hall, who appears on this week’s “Mormon Land” podcast, also notes that she has no issue with the faith’s so-called family proclamation, which declares that “gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose." She “relates” to it. After all, Hall says, she always has been — and forever will be — a woman.

“But I don't seem to relate to that in the way that most in the church interpret it,” she adds. “What they're really thinking, I think, when they read that is that biological sex determines who you are and that at the end of the day you will always be whatever your biological sex was.”

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:35 pm
Allison wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:41 pm My son in another ward believes that kind of thing isn’t happening in the Church, and that gays wouldn’t even want to attend our church because of our policy against gay marriage.

Told him about a friend whose MTF brother in law in New England dresses as a woman now and attends RS with the ladies. When I told our friend that we would stop attending if it happened in our ward, he was shocked, just dumbfounded that we would not want to make such people feel extra welcome at church.
Send this link to your son from a few YEARS ago. Things have got worse in the world since then. This excommunicated person worked on many temples.

Transgender woman, a former stake president and temple architect, speaks out against birth certificate bill, but for ‘gender language’ in family proclamation
Such a move would set a “very dangerous” precedent, argues Laurie Lee Hall, a former stake president and temple architect who was excommunicated from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for living as a transgender woman. “ … It would ultimately wind up, without hyperbole at all, erasing transgender people from existence.”

Hall, who appears on this week’s “Mormon Land” podcast, also notes that she has no issue with the faith’s so-called family proclamation, which declares that “gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose." She “relates” to it. After all, Hall says, she always has been — and forever will be — a woman.

“But I don't seem to relate to that in the way that most in the church interpret it,” she adds. “What they're really thinking, I think, when they read that is that biological sex determines who you are and that at the end of the day you will always be whatever your biological sex was.”
so, in our day, ifyou can get an interview or have a book published then all of a sudden you are an expert on what the church should do and say? When are we going to get tired of these kind of mormons? or apostates or whatever they call themselves.

Like his/ her opinion is important? I don't even buy those church books or read all of the stupid magazines that are full of opinion and have nothing to do with scriptures.

don't think their opinion matters either . . .sorry . . just tired of everyone being a know it all and especially those who are "special" . . just shut up and get along . . if you don't like the majority move to another church or state or country . . . movie stars don't impress me either of being too smart . . still alot of Trump haters in USA instead of Canada

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

EvanLM wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:58 pm

... Like his/ her opinion is important? ...
I like accuracy. He’s a he. (And always will be)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

“I too was once a man trapped in a woman’s body, and then my mother gave birth to me!”
;)

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

There was a gay pride flag at our trunk or treat.

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

Mamabear wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:46 pm There is an openly gay yw president in Utah. She spoke at byu women’s conference 2021. Was very proud to be a gay leader and to teach the girls all the correct pronouns and all the other garbage. Sharon Eubanks stood next to her and smiled in solidarity the whole time.

I heard the women is actually married to a man.

There is also a gay man who is an autho. I don’t remember his name…..He’s very popular at the churches in Utah. He does tons of firesides for a lot of wards.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

harakim wrote: October 30th, 2022, 12:21 am There was a gay pride flag at our trunk or treat.
You have GOT to be joking! Bloody hell! That's just disgusting! So all the kids would have seen it. I would have let my kids get their goodies and after they had enjoyed themselves, I would have packed up and gone to another ward for the rest of mortality!

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Dave62 wrote: October 31st, 2022, 6:05 am
harakim wrote: October 30th, 2022, 12:21 am There was a gay pride flag at our trunk or treat.
You have GOT to be joking! Bloody hell! That's just disgusting! So all the kids would have seen it. I would have let my kids get their goodies and after they had enjoyed themselves, I would have packed up and gone to another ward for the rest of mortality!
There is no other ward to go to... the Church is officially on board with this.

As long as they don't have "sex" it's all cool in today's Church.

What about that do people not get. Openly homosexual missionaries who tell others they have dated other men kissed other men and there is nothing wrong with that are allowed to serve.

If you say anything is wrong with it you are the bad guy and the MP will call you to repent.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Yeah, it would have shocked me 10 years ago. I see now that these demonstrator types of people feel a divide between them and the rest of the population driven by the media and liberal extremists. They feel like they aren't heard by us. Most importantly, they feel like it's society vs. them and they have to make a stand.

I'm not going to play into the divide by making a big deal about it. Everyone is missing a part of the truth. Everyone is wrong about some things. In my opinion, it's better not to play into the divide and not validate that belief that everyone is out to get them and that they have to double down on the identity. I want them to see that they are the one creating the divide. I want them to know they can make the choice, it hasn't been thrust upon them.

Given that the banner my kids have no idea what it is and if they did, hopefully I will have taught them well enough to understand the truth, then it won't affect them.

At some point, the dividers will have divided normal society off from themselves, perhaps refusing to let people buy and sell. They will openly and permanently commit to be the enemy and to our destruction. At that point, I will take a stand. I will definitely not put up a divide with someone who is not yet my enemy.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

spiritMan wrote: October 31st, 2022, 9:37 am
There is no other ward to go to... the Church is officially on board with this.

As long as they don't have "sex" it's all cool in today's Church.

What about that do people not get. Openly homosexual missionaries who tell others they have dated other men kissed other men and there is nothing wrong with that are allowed to serve.

If you say anything is wrong with it you are the bad guy and the MP will call you to repent.
my ex-bishop at one time said this very thing to me, as long as they don't fornicate, I just laughed. asked him if he realized how ridiculous that sounded? I then said, you might as well throw out scripture to while your at it, because that kind of logic just voids out the words of Christ when he said so thinketh a man in his heart, so he is, or my favorite, if a man lust after a woman in his heart, he already committed adulatory. But I guess since the gay is lusting after another of the same sex, then that already voids the words of Christ. Scripture is very clear. I don't care what "THE" church says or thinks, or any other church for that matter. We can't pick and choose what is considered sin and what is not.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

HVDC wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:15 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:40 pm
HVDC wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:51 pm Saw a man in make up attending Stake conference once. Lots of people apparently knew him and were very welcoming. This was in California though and it was about 10 years ago.

I was not as welcomed as I had facial hair and that particular Stake was against that sort of thing.

If they could only see me now.

LOL

Sir H
So you either grew out the beard.... or..... ;)
Much worse.

But I kinda like the under the eye thing.

Sir H
its funny how members are now welcoming immorality within their wards, more so then the poor and needy. I have witnessed this personally, as a missionary came home, and with in a month, openly stated he was gay, I could not believe the amount of members that rushed up to him, hugged him, told him how brave you are, and how much courage it takes. they welcomed him as a saint. which I remember when I came back to the ward, the first question out of their mouth, "what are you doing here?" I have neve forgotten how in such a short time, our standards have changed to this nearly honoring the gays and lesbians. Sorry, not sorry, I no longer belong to this church.

decision2020
captain of 50

Post by decision2020 »

tribrac wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:59 pm There was a Bishop in Provo that decided to switch uniforms so he could go to RS with his wife. It was a few years back, made the news a lot. He had decided not to have surgery, but wanted to live as a female.

A friend had a Stk President change teams, not just uniforms. Really shook my friend and his wife, they moved. But that was a few years ago too.

Never seen it myself.
if i had to pick a frowned upon "LDS uniform", then i'll pick Team Brigham aka "Team More-Women-For-Me!!"
never understood the whole male-to-male attraction thing.

decision2020
captain of 50

Post by decision2020 »

JandD6572 wrote: October 31st, 2022, 11:24 am
HVDC wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:15 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:40 pm
HVDC wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:51 pm Saw a man in make up attending Stake conference once. Lots of people apparently knew him and were very welcoming. This was in California though and it was about 10 years ago.

I was not as welcomed as I had facial hair and that particular Stake was against that sort of thing.

If they could only see me now.

LOL

Sir H
So you either grew out the beard.... or..... ;)
Much worse.

But I kinda like the under the eye thing.

Sir H
its funny how members are now welcoming immorality within their wards, more so then the poor and needy. I have witnessed this personally, as a missionary came home, and with in a month, openly stated he was gay, I could not believe the amount of members that rushed up to him, hugged him, told him how brave you are, and how much courage it takes. they welcomed him as a saint. which I remember when I came back to the ward, the first question out of their mouth, "what are you doing here?" I have neve forgotten how in such a short time, our standards have changed to this nearly honoring the gays and lesbians. Sorry, not sorry, I no longer belong to this church.
i know a FAITHFUL/DEVOUT-TO-THE-CORE LDS woman who was literally banished by her family for having a child with a black man.
yet these same family members fawn all over some of the RMs in the family who now live openly LGBT lives.
go figure..

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

harakim wrote: October 31st, 2022, 10:57 am
Yeah, it would have shocked me 10 years ago. I see now that these demonstrator types of people feel a divide between them and the rest of the population driven by the media and liberal extremists. They feel like they aren't heard by us. Most importantly, they feel like it's society vs. them and they have to make a stand.

I'm not going to play into the divide by making a big deal about it. Everyone is missing a part of the truth. Everyone is wrong about some things. In my opinion, it's better not to play into the divide and not validate that belief that everyone is out to get them and that they have to double down on the identity. I want them to see that they are the one creating the divide. I want them to know they can make the choice, it hasn't been thrust upon them.

Given that the banner my kids have no idea what it is and if they did, hopefully I will have taught them well enough to understand the truth, then it won't affect them.

At some point, the dividers will have divided normal society off from themselves, perhaps refusing to let people buy and sell. They will openly and permanently commit to be the enemy and to our destruction. At that point, I will take a stand. I will definitely not put up a divide with someone who is not yet my enemy.
You have your God. Your god is "peace" at any cost. And your god will fail you.

Anyone who flies the rainbow flag IS your enemy. If you don't understand that by now . . .you never will.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

"In my opinion, it's better not to play into the divide and not validate that belief that everyone is out to get them and that they have to double down on the identity"

Yes, better to let them infiltrate and teach their putrid wicked ideology to everyone who will lend an ear that to stand up for what is right for fear that you will "validate" their belief.

Coward.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen"

When the rainbow fist comes for you. Crouch down and beg and lick that hand.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

spiritMan wrote: October 31st, 2022, 7:44 pm

You have your God. Your god is "peace" at any cost. And your god will fail you.

Anyone who flies the rainbow flag IS your enemy. If you don't understand that by now . . .you never will.
I definitely promote peace while it's possible.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

spiritMan wrote: October 31st, 2022, 7:46 pm

"In my opinion, it's better not to play into the divide and not validate that belief that everyone is out to get them and that they have to double down on the identity"

Yes, better to let them infiltrate and teach their putrid wicked ideology to everyone who will lend an ear that to stand up for what is right for fear that you will "validate" their belief.

Coward.
I am not afraid that I will validate their belief. I just do what is right, even when people mock me from the great and spacious building. The globalists need to divide us and I am not going to play into their hands or recognize the divide until it's irreversible. Jesus is the Prince of Peace, not the prince of hate.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

spiritMan wrote: October 31st, 2022, 7:49 pm

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen"

This is a strange insult. If you're going to troll, you at least ought to read more of my posts.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

harakim wrote: October 31st, 2022, 10:58 pm

Coward.
I am not afraid that I will validate their belief. I just do what is right, even when people mock me from the great and spacious building. The globalists need to divide us and I am not going to play into their hands or recognize the divide until it's irreversible. Jesus is the Prince of Peace, not the prince of hate.
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Maybe you should read Christ's words more often.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

harakim wrote: October 31st, 2022, 10:58 pm

Coward.
We have openly homosexual missionaries. They are protected by MPs. If a young man does not want to serve with a queer; he is the bad guy.
Dude. Wake up and smell the coffee.

"recognize the divide until it's irreversible". Yeah, that's exactly right. You will be kicked out of your own faith all because you set "peace" above truth.

You don't do what is right; you cowtow to them and then in your head proclaim (yes, yes, being silent is the Christlike thing to do, b/c if I speak up "gasp" I might play into their hands!).

I dare you. Just go to the stand next Sunday and bear testimony to the entire ward that the only right way of living is man and woman and that anything else, any promotion of or behavior that does not lead to man and woman is not of God. Any of the ideological rainbow which deviates from God's standard regardless of how little is not of Him.

You won't b/c you want "peace"; which is really code for "I don't want to be ostrazied in my faith and I want to lay low as long as I possibly can".

Seriously dude, when did simply bearing firm, resolute testimony of truth in front of your own faith become "division". When same-sex sealings come to the LDS church. People will say "how did this happen!!!"

You only have to look in the mirror.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

harakim wrote: October 31st, 2022, 10:59 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 31st, 2022, 7:49 pm

This is a strange insult. If you're going to troll, you at least ought to read more of my posts.
Yeah Lord I will never deny thee.

Cock crows three times.