Is Anyone Openly Gay at Church?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Allison
captain of 1,000

Is Anyone Openly Gay at Church?

Post by Allison »

We live in a very sheltered place and only recently heard a new ward member virtue signal during in his testimony about how much he loves the gays among us.

My son in another ward believes that kind of thing isn’t happening in the Church, and that gays wouldn’t even want to attend our church because of our policy against gay marriage.

Told him about a friend whose MTF brother in law in New England dresses as a woman now and attends RS with the ladies. When I told our friend that we would stop attending if it happened in our ward, he was shocked, just dumbfounded that we would not want to make such people feel extra welcome at church.

My son thinks it’s an anomaly. But I was under the impression that the gay agenda was fairly open at church in Utah. Am I wrong, though? Sure hope so.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Re: Is Anyone Openly Gay at Church?

Post by Mamabear »

There is an openly gay yw president in Utah. She spoke at byu women’s conference 2021. Was very proud to be a gay leader and to teach the girls all the correct pronouns and all the other garbage. Sharon Eubanks stood next to her and smiled in solidarity the whole time.

There is also a gay man who is an autho. I don’t remember his name…..He’s very popular at the churches in Utah. He does tons of firesides for a lot of wards.
Last edited by Mamabear on September 22nd, 2022, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Saw a man in make up attending Stake conference once. Lots of people apparently knew him and were very welcoming. This was in California though and it was about 10 years ago.

I was not as welcomed as I had facial hair and that particular Stake was against that sort of thing.

If they could only see me now.

LOL

Sir H

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Your question is so binary, like it has to be one or the other...really it is a spectrum and people attending church land in all places of the beautiful spectrum.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

HVDC wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:51 pm Saw a man in make up attending Stake conference once. Lots of people apparently knew him and were very welcoming. This was in California though and it was about 10 years ago.

I was not as welcomed as I had facial hair and that particular Stake was against that sort of thing.

LOL

Sir H
Loving beards more than ever now, because it’s harder for the FTM trannies to really fake some of those manly features.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

tribrac wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:53 pm Your question is so binary, like it has to be one or the other...really it is a spectrum and people attending church land in all places of the beautiful spectrum.

Oops, sorry. My bad. 😉

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

There was a Bishop in Provo that decided to switch uniforms so he could go to RS with his wife. It was a few years back, made the news a lot. He had decided not to have surgery, but wanted to live as a female.

A friend had a Stk President change teams, not just uniforms. Really shook my friend and his wife, they moved. But that was a few years ago too.

Never seen it myself.
Last edited by tribrac on September 22nd, 2022, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

tribrac wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:59 pm There was a Bishop in Provo that decided to switch uniforms so he could go to RS with his wife. It was a few years back, made the news a lot. He had decided not to have surgery, but wanted to live as a female.

A friend had a Stk President change teams, not just uniforms. Really shook my friend and his wife.
You know what they say.

Clothes make a man.

Makes them Women too apparently.

LOL.

Sir H

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Told my wife and mom I'd go back to the modern church if I could wear my wife's clothes. I'm a man by the way. I told them Isaiah ministered naked but there's laws now. People wouldn't hear him in his normal attire. Maybe I could get people to think differently about the issues then. Probably get some hugs and smiles from the youth. I caused hardly a stir when I wore a lively plaid shirt (got some disapproving nods)

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Nothing like that I’m aware of in So Utah County.

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

Mamabear wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:46 pm There is an openly gay yw president in Utah. She spoke at byu women’s conference 2021. Was very proud to be a gay leader and to teach the girls all the correct pronouns and all the other garbage. Sharon Eubanks stood next to her and smiled in solidarity the whole time.

There is also a gay man who is an autho. I don’t remember his name…..He’s very popular at the churches in Utah. He does tons of firesides for a lot of wards.
It is Elder Christofferson's brother. He wrote the book "That we may be one." He's openly gay.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Go visit the
Golden Gate Ward
1900 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94109-2336
United States
+1 510 708 3291

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

logonbump wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:08 pm Told my wife and mom I'd go back to the modern church if I could wear my wife's clothes. I'm a man by the way. I told them Isaiah ministered naked but there's laws now. People wouldn't hear him in his normal attire. Maybe I could get people to think differently about the issues then. Probably get some hugs and smiles from the youth. I caused hardly a stir when I wore a lively plaid shirt (got some disapproving nods)
Confused. Should we lighten up about it?

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

gkearney wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:29 pm Go visit the
Golden Gate Ward
1900 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94109-2336
United States
+1 510 708 3291

One can only imagine.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

BigT wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:09 pm Nothing like that I’m aware of in So Utah County.

Okay, that is surprising and encouraging to hear! From the Midwest it sounds like SLC is the hotbed of it all with Provo coming in at a close second. South Utah County is…what, Payson? Spanish Fork?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

TruthSeeker77 wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:27 pm
Mamabear wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:46 pm There is an openly gay yw president in Utah. She spoke at byu women’s conference 2021. Was very proud to be a gay leader and to teach the girls all the correct pronouns and all the other garbage. Sharon Eubanks stood next to her and smiled in solidarity the whole time.

It is Elder Christofferson's brother. He wrote the book "That we may be one." He's openly gay.
No, it’s not him. This guy is fairly new, he was baptized a few years ago.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Tom Christofferson has given up the gay life. He no longer dances around the hairy pole.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

A member of my Bishopric came by the other day and I asked him about gay missionaries and he was adamant that there were not any. I told him I had heard of some and he said that if they have any gay tendencies whatsoever that that can not serve a mission. He said they must have fooled their Bishop to go. I don't know if he is right or not, but I think that by the time a guy is missionary age, if he is queer, people know it.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

BenMcCrea wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:45 pm Tom Christofferson has given up the gay life. He no longer dances around the hairy pole.
He announced several months ago on Fb that he’s dating men again.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Mamabear wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:44 pm
TruthSeeker77 wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:27 pm

No, it’s not him. This guy is fairly new, he was baptized a few years ago.
It’s this guy.....

Dennis Schleicher is an LGBT advocate and highly sought-after public speaker, a writer, lifestyle reporter, and best-selling author of "Is He Nuts?: Why a Gay Man Would Become a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ." And, "Scripture Up!

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Allison wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:42 pm
BigT wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:09 pm Nothing like that I’m aware of in So Utah County.
Okay, that is surprising and encouraging to hear! From the Midwest it sounds like SLC is the hotbed of it all with Provo coming in at a close second. South Utah County is…what, Payson? Spanish Fork?
Springville

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

BenMcCrea wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:45 pm Tom Christofferson has given up the gay life. He no longer dances around the hairy pole.
He’s sort of in-between now....

“ On December 8, 2021 Tom Christofferson posted on Facebook that he was going to begin dating men while maintaining the same dating standards that heterosexual Latter-day Saint couples follow.”

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:31 pm
He’s sort of in-between now....

“ On December 8, 2021 Tom Christofferson posted on Facebook that he was going to begin dating men while maintaining the same dating standards that heterosexual Latter-day Saint couples follow.”
Is that even possible?

What planet is this man on?

Doublespeak bs.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

HVDC wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:51 pm Saw a man in make up attending Stake conference once. Lots of people apparently knew him and were very welcoming. This was in California though and it was about 10 years ago.

LOL

Sir H
So you either grew out the beard.... or..... ;)
Attachments
gay-beard.jpg
gay-beard.jpg (15.42 KiB) Viewed 1942 times

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Fred wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:52 pm A member of my Bishopric came by the other day and I asked him about gay missionaries and he was adamant that there were not any. I told him I had heard of some and he said that if they have any gay tendencies whatsoever that they can not serve a mission. He said they must have fooled their Bishop to go. I don't know if he is right or not, but I think that by the time a guy is missionary age, if he is queer, people know it.
There are many YM who have come out as gay on their missions. Receiving hundreds of positive responses on their FB pages. I remember recently seeing a trio of sister missionaries with a new convert. It was a transgender man dressed in a white dress in front of the baptismal font. Ironically this woMAN was a "Mental Health Therapist". Oh, I found the photo:
Attachments
mental-health-therapist..jpg
mental-health-therapist..jpg (261.4 KiB) Viewed 1936 times