Profit fallibility

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Profit fallibility

Post by Fred »

Nemo the Mormon is better some times than others, and sometimes I just hit the stop button. But this time he is simply making statements of the obvious that the Q15 don't see.

silverado
captain of 100

Re: Profit fallibility

Post by silverado »

This is video 7, have you seen the others?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

silverado wrote: September 21st, 2022, 4:51 pm This is video 7, have you seen the others?
I have seen a few of his videos.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Fred wrote: September 21st, 2022, 1:35 pm Nemo the Mormon is better some times than others, and sometimes I just hit the stop button. But this time he is simply making statements of the obvious that the Q15 don't see.
Wow, I watched this... I didn't realize that they could blatantly and effortlessly lie through their teeth. I wasn't expecting it to be that blatant.

Nemo definitely comes from the leftist angle much of the time to try and show how these guys are fraudulent, but a lot of times, it's just straightforward that anyone can see.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Sister Bendnar looked like a trapped mouse.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

BigT wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 8:25 am Sister Bendnar looked like a trapped mouse.
I thought the same thing. She was present, but kind of an unwitting prop on the set. Her job was to agree with whatever was being said, modeling for the next generation of leaders' wives.
Last edited by Chip on September 22nd, 2022, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

The tithing issue is most interesting. Under Joseph Smith, tithing was specifically meant to go to the poor...so there would be NO poor in zion. Tithing was also based on your increase, not your income and was voluntary in nature.

With a straight face Bednar says....to the people living on dirt floors...if you pay tithing and increase the Ensign Peak Advisors account balance...you won't be poor any longer. When in reality, they will be even poorer than before.

Exactly opposite of what the Lord set up under Joseph Smith.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Nemo says this is the 7th in a series that investigates dishonesty. I wonder what is in the first 6.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

President Nelson has been butt hurt ever since he gave his talk as a junior apostle. He arrogantly took it upon himself to make a church course correction as a junior member of the quorum and he told the whole church we shouldn't use the name Mormon. President Hinckley as a counselor in the First Presidency both rebuked him by telling the members the name Mormon was just fine and at the same time recommended that members reread his talk. I don't think President Nelson ever recovered from this. Meanwhile, when President Hinckley becomes prophet, using the name Mormon is just fine and then when President Monson is prophet we double-down and invest a lot of PR money into the name.

So, two prophets seem to settle the matter, but one offended apostle below them is quietly plotting his revenge. First chance he gets he spits on their legacy and satiates his pride and does a 180 on two prophets because he obviously never thought they were prophets in the first place, but he is quick to soak up the praise that he is a prophet.

So, basically when you become prophet, you then have the authority to say the last guy wasn't a prophet.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Yes, the Church has been quite deceitful about finances in quite a few ways. I happen to agree with Bednar on the issue of homosexuality because that is what, to me, is clearly the Lord's take on things.

We are foremost sons and daughters of God and the struggles we might deal with here on earth must be resolved at some point if we are to become like our Heavenly Parents. I do not think this is a difficult thing for the Lord to heal, but we must be repentant and faith is required.

Faith is not an increase in works. It is an increase of peace while we work. It's acknowledging the Lord and submitting ourselves to His timing. It's saying that I have this weakness of the flesh (we all have weaknesses of the flesh), but the Lord has commanded me to overcome my weaknesses. I can't do that...unless I turn to Him for help in faith. Then "all things are possible to [them] that believeth."

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

The Red Pill wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:21 am The tithing issue is most interesting. Under Joseph Smith, tithing was specifically meant to go to the poor...so there would be NO poor in zion. Tithing was also based on your increase, not your income and was voluntary in nature.

With a straight face Bednar says....to the people living on dirt floors...if you pay tithing and increase the Ensign Peak Advisors account balance...you won't be poor any longer. When in reality, they will be even poorer than before.

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.” ― Herman Melville

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

The Red Pill wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:21 am The tithing issue is most interesting. Under Joseph Smith, tithing was specifically meant to go to the poor...so there would be NO poor in zion. Tithing was also based on your increase, not your income and was voluntary in nature.

He is probably speaking from personal experience. It was true for him and so he believes it will be true for them. I don't think he's being dishonest in this case.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Here is another one from Nemo for those that wondered about his other ones.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

115E8E5F-A844-4D77-81B2-985530732E4F.jpeg
115E8E5F-A844-4D77-81B2-985530732E4F.jpeg (213.21 KiB) Viewed 151 times
I can’t believe as a mormon I failed to see that taking 2 minutes each month to write a check to the church was equivalent to Jesus saying clothe the naked and feed the hungry. I’m ashamed of myself.