Unvaxxed with Autism? (POLL)

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)

Do you know even a single person with “autism” that has never received vaxxinations of any kind?

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 42
creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Unvaxxed with Autism? (POLL)

Post by creator »

AkalAish wrote: September 30th, 2022, 8:01 pm I have ASD. I must say...some of these comments are difficult to read.

Autism has been the greatest curse (my wife would say blessing) in my life.

There are no adequate words to articulate to someone not on the spectrum what it is like to be me.
I'm sure most (all?) of us have some traits/issues we feel are a curse in our life.

I'm curious what you would say to the question, "how is autism a curse in your life?"

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

creator wrote: October 1st, 2022, 3:41 pm
AkalAish wrote: September 30th, 2022, 8:01 pm I have ASD. I must say...some of these comments are difficult to read.

Autism has been the greatest curse (my wife would say blessing) in my life.

There are no adequate words to articulate to someone not on the spectrum what it is like to be me.
I'm sure most (all?) of us have some traits/issues we feel are a curse in our life.

I'm curious what you would say to the question, "how is autism a curse in your life?"
Shalom,

I believe that the whole of our existence is a beautiful and elaborate design on the part of the Creator to be in relationship with His children. Everything G-d has done since the moment of our creation is in order for us to call upon His name and glorify Him.

As we are His image bearers, it is incumbent upon us to not only relate to Him, but also His children, because He calls us to be in community. In order to relate one to another, we need to have at least a basic understanding of social interaction and cues.

I lack these.

Entirely.

As an adult, and after many, many years of working to gain skills of perception, I have been able to pick up on some things based on keen observance of others. This helps to a degree in being able to work and interact with people I see every day. It is still a monumental struggle.

When I was in my youth, I lacked all such tools to decipher what others were thinking, feeling, and why they acted in the manner they did.

This lead to a lot of shame, sadness, and fear. I was teased, bullied, and abused. My lack of understanding was exploited and I began to withdraw into a place of darkness in order to protect myself.

In general, I was baffled by people's behavior all the time. Even that of my peers.

I have a beautiful and loving wife who has helped me so very much. She has, in many ways, been a saving force for me...bringing me out of the darkness and into the light of what it means to love and embrace the majesty of G-d. She is the greatest gift He has given me.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: September 19th, 2022, 6:56 pm I’ve been wondering about this recently. I do not know anyone, nor does anyone that I have asked.
I might, but I don't know what is considered autism. However, based on some of the descriptions and diagnoses I have heard, I might include every single person.