Mormon Kids Are Selling Their Urine to Pay For Their Missions!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Mormon Kids Are Selling Their Urine to Pay For Their Missions!

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I thought the headline of the video was a joke. Nope, it's a thing. You can sell your urine and earn $$$$$. Go figure.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Mormon Kids Are Selling Their Urine to Pay For Their Missions!

Post by Subcomandante »

Or you can work a minimum wage job and earn that amount of money in a day...

Or better yet, do landscaping work and earn that much on three or four lawns that you cut.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

huh.

doing that and selling plasma, a person could make payments on a new motorcycle, RV or UTV. hm. (joking).
there's something in doing that sort of thing that make me cringe.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

On another note, if anyone is willing to buy my urine, I'll be happy to sell. I tend to produce a lot in any given day. My urinary rates are pegged to current UK petrol/gasoline prices. (Price per litre only, not gallons, I'm afraid.)

Please note, my urine is only to be used for medical, artistic and cloth fulling purposes. Sexual fetishists and political activists need not apply.

randyps
captain of 100

Post by randyps »

at age 21 after getting off my mission and living in my mothers basement rent free I sold plasma every other week to put gas in my car. To my own credit I did have a FT job but it just wasnt paying much for an entry level position.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

this gives new meaning to a popular phrase.....lol......

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Diluted, it is suppose to be a good garden fertilizer. And cheaper than Miracle-Gro.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

silverado wrote: September 20th, 2022, 5:49 pm Diluted, it is suppose to be a good garden fertilizer. And cheaper than Miracle-Gro.
I'm not sure plants liked that much sodium. 🙂

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

silverado wrote: September 20th, 2022, 5:49 pm Diluted, it is suppose to be a good garden fertilizer. And cheaper than Miracle-Gro.
I’m sure someone taking a whizzzz on what you eat is far more healthy than Monsanto.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 20th, 2022, 6:26 pm
I'm not sure plants liked that much sodium. 🙂
It depends on what medications and diet you have. And it has to be diluted with water.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

All part of the cycle of nature. Most plants love it.

I draw the line at putting No. 2 on my garden but if things get too bad we may have to do that too. Not root vegetables though.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: September 21st, 2022, 2:38 am

I draw the line at putting No. 2 on my garden but if things get too bad we may have to do that too. Not root vegetables though.
I’ve heard that composting #2 is just fine… I still don’t think I’d do it.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 6:01 am

It's good for plants. The main trouble is that it creates a cycle for parasites (microscopic or otherwise) which can reinfect human hosts.

It would be good for fruìt trees for example, where the fruit would grow months after it rotted down... but with potatoes or cabbages it's not good because of the pest problem. Or at least you'd have to be careful with it.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: September 21st, 2022, 6:21 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 6:01 am

It's good for plants. The main trouble is that it creates a cycle for parasites (microscopic or otherwise) which can reinfect human hosts.

It would be good for fruìt trees for example, where the fruit would grow months after it rotted down... but with potatoes or cabbages it's not good because of the pest problem. Or at least you'd have to be careful with it.
I think most of the bad poo poo parts break down with proper composting methods. Typical compost mound temps should reach 180 degrees or more.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:54 am I think most of the bad poo poo parts break down with proper composting methods. Typical compost mound temps should reach 180 degrees or more.
There are ways and means of dealing with it. I'm not overly familiar with them.

Cooking also destroys some parasites.

But you do have to be careful. I am aware of vegans contracting tapeworms from lettuce that was grown in such conditions without proper cleaning. (In India, I think.)

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Niemand wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:57 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:54 am I think most of the bad poo poo parts break down with proper composting methods. Typical compost mound temps should reach 180 degrees or more.
There are ways and means of dealing with it. I'm not overly familiar with them.

Cooking also destroys some parasites.

But you do have to be careful. I am aware of vegans contracting tapeworms from lettuce that was grown in such conditions without proper cleaning. (In India, I think.)
scary fact : I"m not sure that this still occurs, but in Mexico, some bathrooms run out into fields of commercial farms. The old time mexicans in some areas (and still today) put used toilet paper in trash cans to enable only poop, water, and urine to be used as fertilizer. This practice isn't everywhere, but occurs or has occurred in certain places. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I would think that using human feces on crops could carry some risks with parasites, hepatitis and aids. These would break down with enough oxygen etc, but if the condition is anaerobic, and it gets on produce...then....no bueno.

I can't see a problem with such things as fruit trees.

Urea is a commercial fertilizer and is the common chemical in urine.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Clearfield (wherever that is) man assaults son for refusing to go on a mission.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50480691/ju ... on-mission

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Niemand wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:07 am Clearfield (wherever that is) man assaults son for refusing to go on a mission.

That 'dad' is utterly embarrassing and pathetic.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Cruiserdude wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:21 am
Niemand wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:07 am Clearfield (wherever that is) man assaults son for refusing to go on a mission.

That 'dad' is utterly embarrassing and pathetic.
Agreed. I don't know what reason the son has for not going, but if someone isn't convinced they should go on a mission they shouldn't.

Whether it's simply a lack of faith in the Gospel or institution or an objection to getting the jag or whatever.

From my POV, I can often tell if a missionary isn't into what they're doing. I'm sure many so called investigators can and it puts them off.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Wow!!!