General Conference October 2022 - Rumors & Predictions

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

General Conference October 2022 - Rumors & Predictions

Post by Subcomandante »

Hello everyone,

You guys know it is that time again, the same ideas that I had for conference six months ago, now we are approaching that time again, two weeks out from October conference.

Highlights from last conference:

Conference held in person for the first time since October of 2019, albeit at half capacity per Temple Square construction. The same will be done this go-round.

Covid health requirements such as masks and vaccinations were withheld.

Elder Oaks had a talk about the Plan of Salvation that put the LGBT folks in a tizzy.

Relief Society presidency including the polarizing Sister Eubank was released.

Area 70s now called and sustained in the leadership meeting prior to conference.

17 temples announced for diverse places around the world.

If there are any rumors or predictions you guys would like to make, or comment on topics that you see in Conference, this is where to do it...

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Chip »

Staying on The Covenant Path (TM).

2020-LDS-Church-new-logo.jpg
2020-LDS-Church-new-logo.jpg (121.78 KiB) Viewed 2531 times

h_p
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by h_p »

Yesterday, their wise and thoughtful leader declared the pandemic over (fortuitous, completely coincidental timing for the midterms), so maybe they'll announce full capacity this time?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

h_p wrote: September 19th, 2022, 7:26 am Yesterday, their wise and thoughtful leader declared the pandemic over (fortuitous, completely coincidental timing for the midterms), so maybe they'll announce full capacity this time?
Doubtful. They said half capacity was due to temple construction/less parking available.
Fewer people in the seats means it is less conspicuous if they ask rabble-rousers to leave.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Mentions on being financially wise in uncertain times. Which obviously isn't a bad thing, but no mention of the cause of these things.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Stay in the boat!!!!!!

"Henry, where's my liferaft?"
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on September 19th, 2022, 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I would l really like to hear how the SLC temple was destroyed inside when Trump sent troops to Utah to blow up the underground tunnels.

oh yea, the president that didn't do anything good anything trained our troops for underground combat then sent them to various cities during the lockdown to blow up the underground tunnels. The underground tunnels that many here know are full of child trafficking crime. The destruction of those tunnels resulted in the interior of the temple being destroyed and Moroni being taken down.

We'll probably just hear about an earthquake. Fakequake form Draper to SLC.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I wonder if they will announce the numbers of temples that are closed or the number of temples that have had their construction and opening delayed.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

They should announce all of the prophecies that have been fulfilled and where we are at in time and fulfilment regarding prophecies of the many prophets throughout the scriptures

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

EvanLM wrote: September 19th, 2022, 7:44 am I wonder if they will announce the numbers of temples that are closed or the number of temples that have had their construction and opening delayed.
I wonder if they will put out a plea for temple workers, especially in temple-rich Utah. Twenty years ago there were waiting lists to be called as a temple worker. Now they can’t staff the temples. Covid deaths, vexx deaths, and vexx injuries, especially among the most highly vexed population demographic (retirees) has caused a temple worker shortage.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Maybe a talk on "how a baffling case of myocarditis in our brave five-year-old grandson helped us to #HearHim and further commit ourselves to the
Covenant Path".

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

h_p wrote: September 19th, 2022, 7:26 am Yesterday, their wise and thoughtful leader declared the pandemic over (fortuitous, completely coincidental timing for the midterms), so maybe they'll announce full capacity this time?
Lizzy is right here. It'll be half-capacity for the foreseeable future due to parking constraints in and around Temple Square as construction continues.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

I'm betting on subtle...but continued "green new deal" language. It's a major part of the 2030 agenda.

Holland treated us to "environmental desecration" as one of the BIGGEST problems in the world last conference...and Rasband snuck in "Global warming" as a last days event...

Don't expect any apology on the deadly-jab that has prematurely sent many LDS faithful to the other side already....they don't apologize.

Shades of Brigham continue under RMN.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Probably more STAY IN THE BOAT and MISSIONARY WORK!!!!!!

When you look at the raw stats, it ain't looking so hot right now.
http://www.fullerconsideration.com/units.php

24252 wards at the beginning of the year
24277 wards after 9 months
increase of 25 (.1% increase)

31223 wards & branches at the beginning of the year
31224 wards & branches after 9 months.
increase of 1 (.003% increase)

3498 stakes at the beginning of the year
3513 stakes after 9 months
increase of 15 stakes (.4% increase)

4009 stakes & districts at the beginning of the year
4020 stakes & districts at after 9 months.
increase of 11 stakes. (.2% increase)

What this tells me is that growth right now is stagnant. It does not look like it is declining but it is absolutely stagnant. With 3.5 months left in the year we are looking at maybe a .4-.5% growth rate over the year. It is probably going to be around what it was the last 2 years .6-.85% growth.

As a percentage of world population, we are shrinking.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

We recently had a visit from the area authority and I am told that they are not calling it missionary work anymore, but "ministering to all". I'm not sure if that's another top down name change/revamp or the area authority made it up on his own. I will be listening for that phrase this conference.
I think there will be another huge push for young men to go on missions.
A whole lot of quoting others quotes.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

spiritMan wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:26 am Probably more STAY IN THE BOAT and MISSIONARY WORK!!!!!!

When you look at the raw stats, it ain't looking so hot right now.
http://www.fullerconsideration.com/units.php

24252 wards at the beginning of the year
24277 wards after 9 months
increase of 25 (.1% increase)

31223 wards & branches at the beginning of the year
31224 wards & branches after 9 months.
increase of 1 (.003% increase)

3498 stakes at the beginning of the year
3513 stakes after 9 months
increase of 15 stakes (.4% increase)

4009 stakes & districts at the beginning of the year
4020 stakes & districts at after 9 months.
increase of 11 stakes. (.2% increase)

What this tells me is that growth right now is stagnant. It does not look like it is declining but it is absolutely stagnant. With 3.5 months left in the year we are looking at maybe a .4-.5% growth rate over the year. It is probably going to be around what it was the last 2 years .6-.85% growth.

As a percentage of world population, we are shrinking.
Those razor-thin growth figures remind me of Democrats narrowly and consistently winning elections.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

EvanLM wrote: September 19th, 2022, 7:43 am I would l really like to hear how the SLC temple was destroyed inside when Trump sent troops to Utah to blow up the underground tunnels.

oh yea, the president that didn't do anything good anything trained our troops for underground combat then sent them to various cities during the lockdown to blow up the underground tunnels. The underground tunnels that many here know are full of child trafficking crime. The destruction of those tunnels resulted in the interior of the temple being destroyed and Moroni being taken down.

Why wouldn't the "white hats" document these things for the public?

I saw these 5 big mule dear in my neighborhood the other day. I reached into my pocket...took out my phone...and recorded them 🤯

These secret good guys are fiction.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

nightlight wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:56 am
EvanLM wrote: September 19th, 2022, 7:43 am I would l really like to hear how the SLC temple was destroyed inside when Trump sent troops to Utah to blow up the underground tunnels.

I saw these 5 big mule dear in my neighborhood the other day. I reached into my pocket...took out my phone...and recorded them 🤯

But, maybe these 5 big mule deer are actually Trump's guy's in disguise...

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Mindfields wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:04 am
nightlight wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:56 am

But, maybe these 5 big mule deer are actually Trump's guy's in disguise...
They weren't wearing white hats on account of their racks....but I'll try to keep an eye on them tho 🧐

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Buy more Spam?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:09 am
Lizzy is right here. It'll be half-capacity for the foreseeable future due to parking constraints in and around Temple Square as construction continues.
That is incredibly stupid. Riding the Trax train is free within the city so parking has nothing to do with anything. If they are willing to pay a small bus fare to attend conference they can park as far away as Utah County and ride a cheap bus to the conference center. The reason they don't want full attendance as they don't want to have to explain why only 6 people showed up.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Fred wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:13 am
That is incredibly stupid. Riding the Trax train is free within the city so parking has nothing to do with anything. If they are willing to pay a small bus fare to attend conference they can park as far away as Utah County and ride a cheap bus to the conference center. The reason they don't want full attendance as they don't want to have to explain why only 6 people showed up.
I don't think it is for lack of attendance. Didn't that young adult one have a lot of people? I think someone mentioned people were turned away.
It could be that they just want it at 50% capacity cause of Covid fears and the parking excuse works well.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

The Red Pill wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:14 am I'm betting on subtle...but continued "green new deal" language. It's a major part of the 2030 agenda.

Holland treated us to "environmental desecration" as one of the BIGGEST problems in the world last conference...and Rasband snuck in "Global warming" as a last days event...

Don't expect any apology on the deadly-jab that has prematurely sent many LDS faithful to the other side already....they don't apologize.

Shades of Brigham continue under RMN.
Agree here. We'll continue to see these topics referenced with more frequency over time. I suspect they need to be able to show due diligence on all their covenant path obligations to WEF agenda(s).

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

CuriousThinker wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:19 am
Fred wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:13 am
I don't think it is for lack of attendance. Didn't that young adult one have a lot of people? I think someone mentioned people were turned away.
It could be that they just want it at 50% capacity cause of Covid fears and the parking excuse works well.
Well, that would mean that the church is a stronger supporter of the covid hoax than even the government, again. It would remove any doubt that the Q15 are absolutely dedicated disciples of satan. It would mean that the church is more afraid of the common cold or flu (Corona virus) than God. It would mean that they want to reduce the amount of people that believe they speak for God. It would mean that they are following the WEF in exercising control over the members so that they can usher in the NWO with satan on the throne. They want to reduce the number of people that hear their words as they want to be able to edit the talks before dissemination. They strictly forbid recording devices in the conference center. I tried a digital recorder in my pocket but the background noise is terrible. The actual threat of covid is zero. To pretend otherwise is a sign of incompetence.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

My prediction: Nothing of any significance. Nothing prophetic. No "Thus saith the Lord " moments. No focus on being a disciple of Christ. It will be more "obedience" to the church. The church is the only safety. Follow the profit. Lots of over the top prophet worship.....He's so cute and adorable. He just turned 98. Let's all stand and cry when he enters the room. More of the covenant path talk. Big push on tithing and it's carrot stick, temple attendance. Maybe throw a bone or two to the LGBT crowd. We won't JUDGE you.

They know that active membership is down, which means invariably that profits are also down. Maybe they will bump tithing to 15%. Gotta make back those spreadsheet losses somehow.