General Conference October 2022 - Rumors & Predictions

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by FrankOne »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:57 pm You still think the Lord speaks to these men?
as I've said before, I had hoped that an angel would wack them with a switch to get their attention, but ... I doubt that will happen now.

The 15 might surprise us in conference. I was going to speculate on where they may get their information for future events, but they just might be privy to what is to come. I'm not referring to supernatural help.

Lemarque
captain of 100

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Lemarque »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 19th, 2022, 12:07 pm
CuriousThinker wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:33 am We recently had a visit from the area authority and I am told that they are not calling it missionary work anymore, but "ministering to all". I'm not sure if that's another top down name change/revamp or the area authority made it up on his own. I will be listening for that phrase this conference.
I think there will be another huge push for young men to go on missions.
A whole lot of quoting others quotes.
Rebranding is the extent of the apostolic "revelation" in the church today.
When ministering was announced, one of the high councilors that spoke in our ward called it "Home Teaching 2.0." :lol:

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

CuriousThinker wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:19 am
Fred wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:13 am
Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:09 am
h_p wrote: September 19th, 2022, 7:26 am Yesterday, their wise and thoughtful leader declared the pandemic over (fortuitous, completely coincidental timing for the midterms), so maybe they'll announce full capacity this time?
Lizzy is right here. It'll be half-capacity for the foreseeable future due to parking constraints in and around Temple Square as construction continues.
That is incredibly stupid. Riding the Trax train is free within the city so parking has nothing to do with anything. If they are willing to pay a small bus fare to attend conference they can park as far away as Utah County and ride a cheap bus to the conference center. The reason they don't want full attendance as they don't want to have to explain why only 6 people showed up.
I don't think it is for lack of attendance. Didn't that young adult one have a lot of people? I think someone mentioned people were turned away.
It could be that they just want it at 50% capacity cause of Covid fears and the parking excuse works well.
I'm about 98% certain that the sole reason for the reduction in capacity is because of Covid concerns. But since it's no longer popular to have Covid concerns, they needed an excuse.

Which also makes them look all the more dishonest and hypocritical.

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

I do think it's strange that, for last April's conference, they last-minute did away with the Priesthood Session and had another women's session instead.

And for this upcoming conference they are just having a regular general session for Saturday evening. No session for the men to make it fair and balanced.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that they don't care about the men in the church anymore. These days I guess even the church thinks "patriarchy" is evil.

But this has been discussed in other threads, particularly those discussing the 2019 temple changes.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

J2 wrote: September 21st, 2022, 10:47 pm I do think it's strange that, for last April's conference, they last-minute did away with the Priesthood Session and had another women's session instead.

And for this upcoming conference they are just having a regular general session for Saturday evening. No session for the men to make it fair and balanced.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that they don't care about the men in the church anymore. These days I guess even the church thinks "patriarchy" is evil.

But this has been discussed in other threads, particularly those discussing the 2019 temple changes.
They have been killing patriarchy for a decade. Now...it's blatant. It took a while for the church to follow big brother's lead, but now they are track with Babylonian doctrine.

Babel. = doublespeak nonsense , used to control the masses.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I guess I break the mold a little here. I think women have been suppressed/oppressed in almost every era. I think men were given the opportunity for priesthood service so they could learn to become like women, who inherently have far greater gifts given to them from their Mother.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:14 pm I guess I break the mold a little here. I think women have been suppressed/oppressed in almost every era. I think men were given the opportunity for priesthood service so they could learn to become like women, who inherently have far greater gifts given to them from their Mother.
The pendulum has swung. The family and Society are destroyed.

I would guess that you are of the female gender?

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Lemarque wrote: September 21st, 2022, 9:55 pm
When ministering was announced, one of the high councilors that spoke in our ward called it "Home Teaching 2.0." :lol:
More like 0.2, it was a lowering of the bar and blurring the expectations.

Swapping from Missionary to Minister does away with the suggestion that the missionary should be teaching. A minister...uh ministers so they could spend their entire day 'volunteering' .

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:14 pm I guess I break the mold a little here. I think women have been suppressed/oppressed in almost every era. I think men were given the opportunity for priesthood service so they could learn to become like women, who inherently have far greater gifts given to them from their Mother.
I agree with you, as long we limit that oppression to exclude the last generation and every generation of recorded history previous to it.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Does that include matriarchal societies?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

iWriteStuff wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:18 pm
See exhibit "A" in red.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

FrankOne wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:17 pm

I agree that the Feminist movement is completely wrong. They are destroying the family. What most people can't seem to agree to is a balanced system. Most men take it waaay too far. Just look at how many women vs men speak in GC. Should women to the same things as men? No, no they shouldn't. Our parents created us with unique gifts. But I do believe Eve was given as "helpmeet" in that she was an example to Adam, not to be submissive to him in all things.

And I'm pretty much of the male gender. Hence the name Reluctant Watchman.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

You mean the passive aggressive, petty back-biting, nasty snide comments.

Brother, if you think women have far greater gifts. . .then you are part of the problem.

It's obvious what has happened. We have confused emotion for the Spirit and thus because women are in general more outwardly emotional we say women are more spiritual than men. Which is utter poppy-cock.

Men and women are different, we have different roles, responsibilities, gifts, talents with neither one better or worse than the other.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 3:24 pm
FrankOne wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:17 pm

Just look at how many women vs men speak in GC.
Just look at Christ. He was a man. How DARE He attempt to speak to women.

This is about the most insane argument ever. It is stating effectively that the only way for a message to be good or be relevant is if that message is delivered by someone who is of the same sex as you, of the same race as you, etc. etc. etc.

There is a reason why traditional Church's have men leading, speaking, preaching, teaching. And rather than look to "patriarchy" maybe look to something a little more meaningful . . .like the Scriptures to understand why.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Which ones??? Oh you mean the one's that do not exist. Matriarchial societies do not exist in large scale long form over time. They fall apart at the seems b/c they cannot sustain themselves at scale.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:54 pm
You mean the passive aggressive, petty back-biting, nasty snide comments.

Brother, if you think women have far greater gifts. . .then you are part of the problem.

It's obvious what has happened. We have confused emotion for the Spirit and thus because women are in general more outwardly emotional we say women are more spiritual than men. Which is utter poppy-cock.

Men and women are different, we have different roles, responsibilities, gifts, talents with neither one better or worse than the other.
I'm talking about in this life. Yes, I believe some women have been granted spiritual gifts, far beyond men. Elohim have perfectly complimentary gifts and abilities. Neither is above the other.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:59 pm
Which ones??? Oh you mean the one's that do not exist. Matriarchial societies do not exist in large scale long form over time. They fall apart at the seems b/c they cannot sustain themselves at scale.
There are societies where the main councils were women, where major decisions that were made as a society had a heavy female influence. You won't find those in your traditional historical literature written by most men.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:58 pm

This is about the most insane argument ever. It is stating effectively that the only way for a message to be good or be relevant is if that message is delivered by someone who is of the same sex as you, of the same race as you, etc. etc. etc.

There is a reason why traditional Church's have men leading, speaking, preaching, teaching. And rather than look to "patriarchy" maybe look to something a little more meaningful . . .like the Scriptures to understand why.
I don't care to argue this point with you.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:04 pm
spiritMan wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:58 pm

I don't care to argue this point with you.
So you admit that Christ cannot speak for women.

Great. I'm glad that you recognize where your position leads.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:07 pm So you admit that Christ cannot speak for women.

Haha. You sound like Atticus. What a dumb assumption.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:09 pm
spiritMan wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:07 pm So you admit that Christ cannot speak for women.

Haha. You sound like Atticus. What a dumb assumption.
You are the one who is so preoccupied and concerned about having representation of women in GC.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

The bleep did I just walk into?!
20FAE051-8E93-499B-80CA-5C785D02087A.jpeg
20FAE051-8E93-499B-80CA-5C785D02087A.jpeg (79.13 KiB) Viewed 649 times

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

iWriteStuff wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:21 pm The bleep did I just walk into?!

20FAE051-8E93-499B-80CA-5C785D02087A.jpeg
hahahah.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Mr P told the YM and leaders that they could not plan a campout for conference weekend after they had settled on that date as the only option where people weren’t busy doing sports and other junk.

I predict one of the 70s will be the winner of the best tie contest. Next April it might even be one of the women’s auxiliary leaders.

I’d like to put in my suggestion to the florist: instead of a veggie platter theme or a giant purple flower coronavirus, what if we went for a cascading volcano in warm hues that could possibly double as nuclear fallout?

zionssuburb
captain of 100

Post by zionssuburb »

The real interesting thing is that since P. Nelson the internet rumors have relatively died down, because the has bucked the trend. He is tending to implement things church-wide that he has been focused on his entire time as a Q12. Nobody knows what to think anymore, honestly. In the past there were alpha and beta testing in stakes, that were quietly talked about online, major changes to organizations, reactions to feminist critiques, temples, it's almost like he's gone back to the old days prior to coorelation where the 1P ran everything and the 12 found themselves running stakes, and missions, while the 1P started adding multiple counselors to manage the load. It's a bit odd to me, I don't like the idea that at the top, it's infuriating at the local level to have to deal with priesthood roulette, but dang, if we get it at the top, ouch. I want the good ol days, that the 1P mellowed out the individual.