Recommendations for a greenhouse dehumidifier?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Recommendations for a greenhouse dehumidifier?

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 1:02 pm
Jason wrote: September 20th, 2022, 10:06 pm Well best of luck to you!

Time is very short…
There is always "time." In the eternities all will be made right.
perhaps...time will tell the story

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Jason wrote: September 24th, 2022, 3:43 pm

Time is very short…
What do you mean “perhaps”? There is a reason Christ’s atonement is “infinite.” It is beyond any scope of time.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 24th, 2022, 8:33 pm

Time is very short…
What do you mean “perhaps”? There is a reason Christ’s atonement is “infinite.” It is beyond any scope of time.
Alma gives some good instruction to his son on the definition and reality of restoration (the one who chased after a harlot)...perhaps worth studying if you have to ask that...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: September 25th, 2022, 7:13 am

Alma gives some good instruction to his son on the definition and reality of restoration (the one who chased after a harlot)...perhaps worth studying if you have to ask that...
Define “infinite”

Also, the Nemenhah Records add quote a bit of insight into this interaction with Corianton and his father. He never slept with a harlot.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 25th, 2022, 8:05 am

Define “infinite”

Also, the Nemenhah Records add quote a bit of insight into this interaction with Corianton and his father. He never slept with a harlot.
You didn't address the restoration aspect....

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: September 25th, 2022, 7:12 pm
Define “infinite”

And you didn’t address infinite….

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wait. I thought we were talking about greenhouse dehumidifiers. Did anyone find some good ones?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Silver Pie wrote: September 26th, 2022, 6:36 pm Wait. I thought we were talking about greenhouse dehumidifiers. Did anyone find some good ones?
That was a bit of a tangent. I'm finding that commercial dehumidifiers are very expensive. I think the best option for a greenhouse application is to find a dehumidifier that you like and then set it up to a timer so you can turn it on during the evening and off in the morning. There are also humidifier thermostats that you could connect to a dehumidifier as well. The thermostat is connected to a power switch that turns on or off based on levels of humidity. Thus turning on or off your dehumidifier.

I just installed a series of misters to add humidity to the greenhouse during the hotter part of the day. I think it helps some. At 11:30 am the temperature was around 86 degrees in the greenhouse and the humidity was 78%. It felt like a rainforest. :)

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 26th, 2022, 8:23 pm
Silver Pie wrote: September 26th, 2022, 6:36 pm Wait. I thought we were talking about greenhouse dehumidifiers. Did anyone find some good ones?
That was a bit of a tangent. I'm finding that commercial dehumidifiers are very expensive. I think the best option for a greenhouse application is to find a dehumidifier that you like and then set it up to a timer so you can turn it on during the evening and off in the morning. There are also humidifier thermostats that you could connect to a dehumidifier as well. The thermostat is connected to a power switch that turns on or off based on levels of humidity. Thus turning on or off your dehumidifier.

I just installed a series of misters to add humidity to the greenhouse during the hotter part of the day. I think it helps some. At 11:30 am the temperature was around 86 degrees in the greenhouse and the humidity was 78%. It felt like a rainforest. :)
Awesome stuff hermano. Don't hesitate to share some pics! (if you feel inclined, if not no biggie, it's still awesome stuff😁)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 26th, 2022, 8:23 pm That was a bit of a tangent. I'm finding that commercial dehumidifiers are very expensive. I think the best option for a greenhouse application is to find a dehumidifier that you like and then set it up to a timer so you can turn it on during the evening and off in the morning. There are also humidifier thermostats that you could connect to a dehumidifier as well. The thermostat is connected to a power switch that turns on or off based on levels of humidity. Thus turning on or off your dehumidifier.
Okay, thanks. Looks like the simplest solution is the best. (I don't have a greenhouse, but I would like one and never knew about this problem before.)

Love it! Maybe it would be perfect for citrus or other tropical plants. I would love to have a walipini or two, and would love to grow tropical plants in them - especially if I had some kind of walkway near the top to pick fruits/nuts from plants that are rather tall (like coconuts). Might be super unrealistic, but still fun to think about.

Walipinis:

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Silver Pie wrote: September 27th, 2022, 3:46 pm Love it! Maybe it would be perfect for citrus or other tropical plants. I would love to have a walipini or two, and would love to grow tropical plants in them - especially if I had some kind of walkway near the top to pick fruits/nuts from plants that are rather tall (like coconuts). Might be super unrealistic, but still fun to think about.

Walipinis:

I was first considering a Walipini but then started to dive into the geothermal stuff. If I had a bare spot of ground to do over again, I'd combine my home and the Walipini.

Even if you simply have an above-ground greenhouse it can help extend the growing season substantially. It should get you enough of a headstart on the season that you can simply plan on harvesting in the Fall (canning, dehydrating, or specific cold storage plants) to sustain you through the winter months.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 27th, 2022, 3:55 pm Even if you simply have an above-ground greenhouse it can help extend the growing season substantially. It should get you enough of a headstart on the season that you can simply plan on harvesting in the Fall (canning, dehydrating, or specific cold storage plants) to sustain you through the winter months.
We definitely need that here. It can freeze as late as June and as early as early September.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 25th, 2022, 9:31 pm

Define “infinite”

it does extend indefinitely...but not all are partakers...hence Christ thanking the Father for not the world but those out of the world...although every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ...some will then after such acknowledgement go their way...speaking of which...now back to restoration...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:20 am
Define “infinite”

it does extend indefinitely...but not all are partakers...hence Christ thanking the Father for not the world but those out of the world...although every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ...some will then after such acknowledgement go their way...speaking of which...now back to restoration...
If we are to become perfect, what’s the point of the atonement being infinite? The LDS version of the afterlife is quite gloomy.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:35 am
Jason wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:20 am

If we are to become perfect, what’s the point of the atonement being infinite? The LDS version of the afterlife is quite gloomy.
I don't follow your train of thought there.

Well you certainly can go your own way....there are kingdoms galore...as the stars in the heavens...with all their varying intensities of light...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:26 pm

Well you certainly can go your own way....there are kingdoms galore...as the stars in the heavens...with all their varying intensities of light...
Do you believe in progression between kingdoms?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:48 pm
Jason wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:26 pm

Do you believe in progression between kingdoms?
Bob who used to provoke some very good conversations many years ago on here believed so...he's since passed on...

I tend to believe so...earth is progressing from one state to the next...and eventually will be a sea of glass...

I also believe there are individuals whose very natures are evil...and that odds are they won't progress...off to outer darkness...perhaps to have their elements recycled for the next period of organization and opportunity for growth...but the elements will be reorganized such that they in their current organized state cease to exist???

And everything in between...with no time as we know it...

Who knows...

What I do know is that God is real. His work and glory is real...which is the salvation of souls both living and dead. His priesthood is real. The principles or laws are real. Faith, hope, and charity are required. He has a living spokesman on the earth today who guides His church on the earth. Preparations are being made for the return of God's son Jesus Christ to those whom He purchased from the Father via His sacrifice.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: October 6th, 2022, 8:11 pm
What I do know is that God is real. His work and glory is real...which is the salvation of souls both living and dead. His priesthood is real. The principles or laws are real. Faith, hope, and charity are required. He has a living spokesman on the earth today who guides His church on the earth. Preparations are being made for the return of God's son Jesus Christ to those whom He purchased from the Father via His sacrifice.
We were tracking so well, right up until that last part.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 6th, 2022, 8:52 pm
Jason wrote: October 6th, 2022, 8:11 pm
We were tracking so well, right up until that last part.
I know your train derailed awhile back…it is what it is…

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: October 9th, 2022, 2:03 am
It's kind of ironic you say that. The reason I left the church was so that I could stay on the straight and narrow path, which is Christ. When I awoke to how the LDS often teaches anti-Christian dogmas, the choice became quite evident to follow God, not man.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 9th, 2022, 4:56 am
It's kind of ironic you say that. The reason I left the church was so that I could stay on the straight and narrow path, which is Christ. When I awoke to how the LDS often teaches anti-Christian dogmas, the choice became quite evident to follow God, not man.
Like I said...it is what it is...

We'll shortly see how it turns out...I'm betting the latter half of Joseph Smith's prophecy will prove out verbatim just like the first half did...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: October 12th, 2022, 7:25 pm

We'll shortly see how it turns out...I'm betting the latter half of Joseph Smith's prophecy will prove out verbatim just like the first half did...
Like his polygamy prophecies. Those were spot on. :)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 12th, 2022, 7:27 pm

don't know what you are referring to there...but I'm referring to his civil war prophecy and the remainder that came after that opening tidbit that were testified to by a number of folks after like Brigham Young, Orson Pratt, Heber C. Kimball, and several others...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: October 12th, 2022, 7:48 pm

don't know what you are referring to there...but I'm referring to his civil war prophecy and the remainder that came after that opening tidbit that were testified to by a number of folks after like Brigham Young, Orson Pratt, Heber C. Kimball, and several others...
I’m referring to the idea that many people said Joseph said many things. And many of those things he did not say.

I’ll just stick w/ the BoM and the Lord condemning the church. That’s good enough for me.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 12th, 2022, 7:50 pm
Jason wrote: October 12th, 2022, 7:48 pm

I’m referring to the idea that many people said Joseph said many things. And many of those things he did not say.

I’ll just stick w/ the BoM and the Lord condemning the church. That’s good enough for me.
you know it's quite ironic what work products you choose to stick with and what you don't....but more power to you and hope it ends well for you...but it's not difficult to predict a different outcome...