Russell M. Nelson turns 98 today

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Russell M. Nelson turns 98 today

Post by Subcomandante »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: September 12th, 2022, 8:52 am
Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 11th, 2022, 7:49 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 10:32 am
Niemand wrote: September 9th, 2022, 10:23 am

Even as a teenager.
Both of you are ridiculous. You would prefer today’s 20 something’s or better yet today’s teenagers run things?!?!
I would like to have someone who's not a satanic murderous pedophile, but maybe that bar is just unrealistically high. :) Oh and it would be nice to have a 'prophet' who actually, you know, gives prophesies. Or even one single prophecy. So that we don't continue mangling the English language.
Murderous pedophile? Who? Also please provide support for your claim.
I would also be interested to see these claims.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

Niemand wrote: September 9th, 2022, 10:23 am

Even as a teenager.
Both of you are ridiculous. You would prefer today’s 20 something’s or better yet today’s teenagers run things?!?!
I would like to have someone who's not a satanic murderous pedophile, but maybe that bar is just unrealistically high. :) Oh and it would be nice to have a 'prophet' who actually, you know, gives prophesies. Or even one single prophecy. So that we don't continue mangling the English language.
?? I made no claims; I only stated my preference. Interesting that when you read 'murderous pedophile' you immediately mentally connected that description with the current ldscorp leadership. Perhaps that's the Spirit whispering confirmation of truth to you?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

The hardest, but most important part at undoing the brainwashing is to realize that these men do not have the fruits of prophets found in our scriptures. We've convinced ourselves that these men are from a different time and that all those things that prophets did in our scriptures do not apply to them. My favorite one is "We don't need new revelations written down anymore! He gave us everything we need to know for our day!" Or how about "Conference talks ARE new scriptures!" 😂 Or "We had a feeling in our hearts that the Lord wants X."

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 12th, 2022, 12:44 pm

?? I made no claims; I only stated my preference. Interesting that when you read 'murderous pedophile' you immediately mentally connected that description with the current ldscorp leadership. Perhaps that's the Spirit whispering confirmation of truth to you?
Utter fail. Pathetic.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: September 12th, 2022, 2:35 pm Utter fail. Pathetic.
Show me the original text for Joseph's temple endowment and we can talk.

I'll even give you an easy one. Show me where Joseph promoted polygamy, while he was alive, on public record. Surely something must exist on such an exalted doctrine. I mean, Joseph did say he taught the most important doctrines in public.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 12th, 2022, 2:43 pm

I'll even give you an easy one. Show me where Joseph promoted polygamy, while he was alive, on public record. Surely something must exist on such an exalted doctrine. I mean, Joseph did say he taught the most important doctrines in public.
Huh?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

DesertWonderer2 wrote: September 12th, 2022, 3:06 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 12th, 2022, 2:43 pm

Huh?
Show me the requested items above and then we can have a discussion about the SRA claims against Nelson.

Maybe we even set the bar lower. How about you show ANY of Nelson's prophecies?

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

DesertWonderer2 wrote: September 12th, 2022, 2:35 pm

Utter fail. Pathetic.
?? Describing the Holy Spirit as pathetic seems obviously wrong to me. You have the agency to resist the Spirit's promptings, but if so, then the 'utter fail' is on you, not the Spirit.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 12th, 2022, 4:32 pm

Utter fail. Pathetic.
?? Describing the Holy Spirit as pathetic seems obviously wrong to me. You have the agency to resist the Spirit's promptings, but if so, then the 'utter fail' is on you, not the Spirit.
Like I said.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Utter fail. Pathetic.
I think you mean false spirit.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Atticus wrote: September 12th, 2022, 8:08 pm

Utter fail. Pathetic.
Oh no, you didn't get the memo? There's a whole handshake thing that lets you tell for sure. It's super duper infallible. Like the ldscorp 'prophet'. :)

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 12th, 2022, 8:32 pm
Atticus wrote: September 12th, 2022, 8:08 pm

Utter fail. Pathetic.
Oh no, you didn't get the memo? There's a whole handshake thing that lets you tell for sure. It's super duper infallible. Like the ldscorp 'prophet'. :)
Oh, I see. Mocking the teachings of Joseph Smith now, too. Sounds about right.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Atticus wrote: September 12th, 2022, 8:49 pm Oh, I see. Mocking the teachings of Joseph Smith now, too. Sounds about right.
joseph wouldve excommunicated him for the anime avatar 100%

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Back to his Birthday celebration. Every musical selection was up beat, happy music, except for one selection. President Nelson's piano solo. It was called Prelude in C minor. It was dark, foreboding, even gloomy. I contacted a friend who would understand the history of this piece and they said it was Chopin's funeral March.

At a conference held in Provo City, Utah Territory April 1867 in the Bowery President B. Young in the course of his sermon made the following prophecy: Brethren, this church will be led onto the very brink of hell by the leaders of this people, then God will raise up one Mighty and Strong, spoken of in the 85th section of D&C."
Attested to by Joshua Jones in attendance, living in Provo City, June 1922.

An interview with David Whitmer a year before he died, August 13, 1878, he was asked, When will the Temple be built in Independence?
Answer: Right after the great tribulation is over.

Joseph Smith--Matthew 1:33 "And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened"....

April 8, 2024 the sun will be darkened as it moves from Texas to Maine, passing over the temple plot in Misery, I mean Missouri.

This may be his last birthday....the piano solo a clue?

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

EmmaLee wrote: September 9th, 2022, 9:12 am Didn't he throw himself a great big huge Conference Center birthday bash this year?! Must be mellowing out in his old age.
He only gets the huge birthday bash if he makes it to 100 years old!!! You know how that worked out for Betty White....

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

CMajor wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:07 pm April 8, 2024 the sun will be darkened as it moves from Texas to Maine, passing over the temple plot in Misery, I mean Missouri.
That eclipse marks the second stroke of the X God is making across the continental United States. The first stroke was made on Monson's birthday in 2017. I honestly think God is crossing us wicked people off the map, literally. And I also think that Agenda 2030 won't happen because all will be desolation and destruction by that time (including the elite who dug the pit they are presently trying to force us all into).

Edit: Interesting that the center of the X is in the more green parts of the U.S., as well as over and near early Church history areas.
Last edited by Silver Pie on September 13th, 2022, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Refraction75 wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:25 pm
EmmaLee wrote: September 9th, 2022, 9:12 am Didn't he throw himself a great big huge Conference Center birthday bash this year?! Must be mellowing out in his old age.
He only gets the huge birthday bash if he makes it to 100 years old!!! You know how that worked out for Betty White....
He already had one though -

https://www.thetabernaclechoir.org/even ... t%20Nelson.

I imagine he'll throw himself an even bigger party if he makes it to 100.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Silver Pie wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:34 pm Edit: Interesting that the center of the X is in the more green parts of the U.S., as well as over and near early Church history areas.
The stroke of the X is in or very near Vermont, New York, Ohio, Illinois, and Missouri.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

EmmaLee wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:35 pm
Refraction75 wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:25 pm
He already had one though -

https://www.thetabernaclechoir.org/even ... t%20Nelson.

I imagine he'll throw himself an even bigger party if he makes it to 100.
Lol. WHAT BETTER WAY TO SPEND HARD EARNED TITHING MONEY???? I am so embarrassed I challenged people living in mud huts in Brazil to pay their tithing as a missionary. Is there a rock I can hide under?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

The Church is going woke, not awakening. At the very least the Church Inc. participates in its own destruction by helping to build up secret combinations.

Ether 8:23 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up.

Secret combinations aren't (just) sinister plots hatched in dark corners, they are usually much more mundane. They are normal people, groups of people, corporations, governments, etc participating in activities for power and gain. Business as usual, the revolving door, etc

The Church participates by promoting things like the not-safe-nor-effective vaccine, pushing UN agendas, heavily invested in wall street, and being general lovers of the praise of the world

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:34 pm Image

green
& yellow 2 R Flying Colors viewtopic.php?p=1072891&hilit=electronics+gbng#p1072891

GBNG

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:24 am & yellow 2 R Flying Colors viewtopic.php?p=1072891&hilit=electronics+gbng#p1072891

GBNG
I encircled, in red, what looks like the Rocky Mountains. I'm not so good at drawing with a mouse, but I think I got the general area that looks like a mountain range. Joseph Smith was heading for the Rocky Mountains (to find the descendants of Lehi? and) to try to establish Zion. So what if Zion is in the Rocky Mountains and not in Missouri (the scriptures talk about the tops of the mountains; Missouri doesn't have mountains)? What if God let them attempt Zion in places where they were because, eventually, all of North and South (and Central) America will become Zion (knowing full well that they'd fail, but wanting to give them a chance to try)?
So, my guess is that it is within the area I outlined in red - perhaps excepting the strokes of the X.
Rocky Mountains and X.jpg
Rocky Mountains and X.jpg (720.83 KiB) Viewed 398 times

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Silver Pie wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:26 pm I encircled, in red, what looks like the Rocky Mountains. I'm not so good at drawing with a mouse, but I think I got the general area that looks like a mountain range. Joseph Smith was heading for the Rocky Mountains (to find the descendants of Lehi? and) to try to establish Zion. So what if Zion is in the Rocky Mountains and not in Missouri (the scriptures talk about the tops of the mountains; Missouri doesn't have mountains)? What if God let them attempt Zion in places where they were because, eventually, all of North and South (and Central) America will become Zion (knowing full well that they'd fail, but wanting to give them a chance to try)?
Not yet... :)

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Silver Pie wrote: September 11th, 2022, 12:03 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 12:32 pm Can you show me in the scriptures where this process for selection is taught by the Lord?
Narnia wrote: September 10th, 2022, 2:03 pm Which scriptures in the Bible tell Joseph Smith all the churches at that time are false?

I find it interesting that InfoWarrior said "show me in the scriptures," but you narrowed it down to only the Bible.
My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join.

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: "they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof."

20 He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time.
JS-History 1:18-20
When Joseph Smith was 14 before he went to pray in the woods, there was only Bible. There was no Book Mormon or D&C. The one you quoted was written after his prayer was answered.

Just like in Joseph time, the Bible didn’t give him the answer concerning which church he should join. He had to pray to get the answer directly from God. So, my point was that the prophets in the Lord’s restored church continually received revelations from God in different times according to the circumstances to guide and lead his church. The answer cannot always be found in the scriptures whether it’s Bible, Book of Mormon, D& C or Pearl of Great Price