Brigham's Priesthood Ban...and More!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Brigham's Priesthood Ban...and More!

Post by The Red Pill »

This is a very well researched and documented DEEP DEEP...DEEP dive into Brigham's priesthood ban by Rob Fotheringham. However...it goes far beyond that. It explores many of Brigham's policies that have since been reversed and rebuked.

It's LONG, but we'll worth your time and effort...I guarantee you will learn some things you didn't know...I certainly did...so grab some popcorn and enjoy.

I ask respectfully...that you ACTUALLY watch it before commenting about it. Like a movie critic that didn't actually see the film...is not really in a position to give their own rating...

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Re: Brigham's Priesthood Ban...and More!

Post by Momma J »

I will watch this before I comment. I will attest that I have been given personal revelation on many questions that I had about BY's doctrines and their impact on the church.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

The Red Pill wrote: September 7th, 2022, 1:12 pm This is a very well researched and documented DEEP DEEP...DEEP dive into Brigham's priesthood ban by Rob Fotheringham. However...it goes far beyond that. It explores many of Brigham's policies that have since been reversed and rebuked.

It's LONG, but we'll worth your time and effort...I guarantee you will learn some things you didn't know...I certainly did...so grab some popcorn and enjoy.

I ask respectfully...that you ACTUALLY watch it before commenting about it. Like a movie critic that didn't actually see the film...is not really in a position to give their own rating...
Rob Fotheringham is a total joke. He's completely intellectually dishonest. I haven't watched this video, but I have no doubt that it's more of the same shenanigans.

Did he discuss what Joseph Smith and the scriptures have to say about blacks being decendents of Cain and Canaan and under a divine curse and that according to Abraham 1, this includes a ban on receiving the priesthood?

Did he mention that Elijah Abel is a very unique case, being only 1/8 black and that there are several sources which say Joseph Smith took his priesthood away?

I doubt it.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

“The false doctrine that the prophet can never lead us astray is exactly the doctrine that has lead the church astray." —Rob Fotheringham

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 8th, 2022, 8:15 am “The false doctrine that the prophet can never lead us astray is exactly the doctrine that has lead the church astray." —Rob Fotheringham
So Joseph Smith led the church astray?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Atticus… the forum Gods have made it so that I can no longer see your posts. The small little *read post* button from the “ignore list” is now gone. We have been forever separated. May God gently smile down upon you.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 8th, 2022, 8:28 am Atticus… the forum Gods have made it so that I can no longer see your posts. The small little *read post* button from the “ignore list” is now gone. We have been forever separated. May God gently smile down upon you.
And it came to pass that the forum God's were merciful unto Reluctant Watchman, yea insomuch that the great stumbling block has been removed from before his path.

Great be the rejoicing for the compassion and blessings that the forum God's have bestowed this day....hallelujah and praise their name!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

The Red Pill wrote: September 8th, 2022, 10:15 am And it came to pass that the forum God's were merciful unto Reluctant Watchman, yea insomuch that the great stumbling block has been removed from before his path.

Great be the rejoicing for the compassion and blessings that the forum God's have bestowed this day....hallelujah and praise their name!
:D

"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things..."

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 8th, 2022, 8:15 am “The false doctrine that the prophet can never lead us astray is exactly the doctrine that has lead the church astray." —Rob Fotheringham

Dwindling in unbelief; belief in bad doctrine/false doctrine, causing one or a thing (like a church or a message) to become less due to faith in something untrue

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Someone needs a safe space, would a participation award 🥇 be in order also? 😂

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Atticus wrote: September 7th, 2022, 9:47 pm
The Red Pill wrote: September 7th, 2022, 1:12 pm This is a very well researched and documented DEEP DEEP...DEEP dive into Brigham's priesthood ban by Rob Fotheringham. However...it goes far beyond that. It explores many of Brigham's policies that have since been reversed and rebuked.

Rob Fotheringham is a total joke. He's completely intellectually dishonest. I haven't watched this video, but I have no doubt that it's more of the same shenanigans.

Did he discuss what Joseph Smith and the scriptures have to say about blacks being decendents of Cain and Canaan and under a divine curse and that according to Abraham 1, this includes a ban on receiving the priesthood?

Did he mention that Elijah Abel is a very unique case, being only 1/8 black and that there are several sources which say Joseph Smith took his priesthood away?

I doubt it.
You should watch it. He disputes what you said very concisely and gives the sources to back it up.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

CuriousThinker wrote: September 11th, 2022, 10:56 pm
Atticus wrote: September 7th, 2022, 9:47 pm

I doubt it.
You should watch it. He disputes what you said very concisely and gives the sources to back it up.
If you can give me a time stamp for this concise dispute of his, I'll check it out. But I'm not watching the whole video. I've watched several of his videos in the past and consider them to basically be garbage.