Utah drag performers for kids?

Discuss political news items / current events.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Utah drag performers for kids?

Post by Christianlee »

Parents who take their kids to this should be arrested for child abuse.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/01/ut ... erformers/

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Utah drag performers for kids?

Post by Lizzy60 »

Christianlee wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 6:07 am Parents who take their kids to this should be arrested for child abuse.

This has been happening in Utah for several years now. Family-friendly drag shows. They won’t do anything to stop it at this point. Too many Utahans are filled with hate for anyone who tries to limit lgbtq acceptance. Libraries put out special displays of children’s lgbtq-friendly books, people organize pot lucks at city parks for all lgbtq-friendly neighbors, and they fly their Pride flags year-round. It really is upside-down.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 7:33 am
Christianlee wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 6:07 am Parents who take their kids to this should be arrested for child abuse.

This has been happening in Utah for several years now. Family-friendly drag shows. They won’t do anything to stop it at this point. Too many Utahans are filled with hate for anyone who tries to limit lgbtq acceptance. Libraries put out special displays of children’s lgbtq-friendly books, people organize pot lucks at city parks for all lgbtq-friendly neighbors, and they fly their Pride flags year-round. It really is upside-down.
Sounds like it is a Satanic influenced attack on the LDS Church and the LDS Church is too afraid to counter it. Or the LDS Church is too compromised to counter it.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Why not do a drag show with modest clothing and set up a counter example. Modesty can be sexy too, ya know.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Durzan wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 4:11 pm Why not do a drag show with modest clothing and set up a counter example. Modesty can be sexy too, ya know.
Because a drag show is men dressed as women. That’s not “modest” —— it’s perverted.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

I’m sure people will hear about the evils of drag queen performers at conference. Not. They’ll talk about racism instead. :?

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 4:17 pm
Durzan wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 4:11 pm Why not do a drag show with modest clothing and set up a counter example. Modesty can be sexy too, ya know.
Because a drag show is men dressed as women. That’s not “modest” —— it’s perverted.
Well that’s informative. Though uh, I’d probably disagree with you about what is and isn’t perverse, as I don’t really believe in the concept of perversity.

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

Democrats....This us Your Team !
As Biden has a Battle for the Soul of America speech. Hmmm.....

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

The event poster says current BYU students are involved. Why isn’t that a violation of the Honor Code?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Christianlee wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 7:10 pm The event poster says current BYU students are involved. Why isn’t that a violation of the Honor Code?
Why don’t the conservative moral people in Provo shut this down? They are still in the majority.

A nightclub in Dallas, about 100 miles from me, advertised a family-friendly drag show appropriate for all ages. Some good people checked it out, and when it was not appropriate, called the police. It was shut down.

And yes, Durzan, I believe it is a perverted act for a man to dress up in drag. From the dictionary:

Pervert:
to lead astray morally.
to turn away from the right course.
to lead into mental error or false judgment.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 7:34 pm
Christianlee wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 7:10 pm The event poster says current BYU students are involved. Why isn’t that a violation of the Honor Code?
Why don’t the conservative moral people in Provo shut this down? They are still in the majority.

A nightclub in Dallas, about 100 miles from me, advertised a family-friendly drag show appropriate for all ages. Some good people checked it out, and when it was not appropriate, called the police. It was shut down.

And yes, Durzan, I believe it is a perverted act for a man to dress up in drag. From the dictionary:

Pervert:
to lead astray morally.
to turn away from the right course.
to lead into mental error or false judgment.
All it should take is a few thousand faithful LDS fathers from Utah County showing up and occupying the park. They show up for BYU football games.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Pretty clear this is inappropriate for kids.
C0BA39B5-5825-4D7D-99A4-53334183C945.jpeg
C0BA39B5-5825-4D7D-99A4-53334183C945.jpeg (383.84 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

I can't stand guys who do better makeup then me. lol

Seriously though, is there not even ONE dad who's going to go to this and make a fuss? Kind of reminds me of how God told Lot ? that if he could find just a few righteous men that he would spare the city. When I was young, I found it hard to believe that not a single righteous man could be found in such a large city. I can believe it now. This is just awful. It's not until tomorrow, but I'm going to make an educated guess that the whole thing is going to go on without a hitch.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Sheri Don't....haha, haha, ha.

FUGLY all of them.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

tdj wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 8:29 pm I can't stand guys who do better makeup then me. lol

Seriously though, is there not even ONE dad who's going to go to this and make a fuss? Kind of reminds me of how God told Lot ? that if he could find just a few righteous men that he would spare the city. When I was young, I found it hard to believe that not a single righteous man could be found in such a large city. I can believe it now. This is just awful. It's not until tomorrow, but I'm going to make an educated guess that the whole thing is going to go on without a hitch.
LDS men won’t organize unless all the Stake Presidents speak up. There is no leadership. Apparently, they are scared of the blowback they would get, but I always thought Utah County would be the last place to give into the Spirit of the Age. I guess I was wrong.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Genitalia and Anal Leakage...

Doesn't sound "family-friendly" to me.

Warm up the choppers!

(those that know anyone from Chile would understand this).

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

thou knowest the wickedness of this people; thou knowest that they are without principle, and past feeling; ...I cannot recommend them unto God

mental illness. We should pity them.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. (Matthew 18:6)

This type of mill stone weighed as much as 3300lbs.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

From Mormons Building Bridges:
—————————————
We need guardian angels. Seriously.
On Saturday, September 3rd, students and allies will gather next to the BYU-Provo campus for the annual Back2School Pride event.
Unfortunately, the Provo Police Department has just informed the Pride organizers that protestors will also be joining the sidelines of the event. Some of these protestors are anti-LGBTQ groups, some are BYU student groups, some are people who refuse to better understand the LGBTQ+ experience.
We need your help. Cue the angels.
In 1999 Romaine Patterson's best-known activist work was her response to the anti-gay protests by Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church during the trials of Russell Henderson and Aaron McKinney for the murder of Matthew Shepard.
Patterson organized counter protests known as "Angel Action", in which groups of people dressed as angels with extremely large wings shielded the families from Phelps and the protesting groups.
Patterson’s “Angel Action” was so inspirational that it was later depicted in The Laramie Project, a play about the event based on interviews with the participants.
We need angels on Saturday.
If you’d like to protect the LGBTQ students from protestors, and are willing to wear a set of wings, we have a little slice of heaven for you to occupy.
——————————————————-

They are going to use white sheets on curtain rods across their shoulders to block protesters on the sidewalks from being seen by families enjoying their Prideful experience. A bunch of snowflakes.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 10:24 pm From Mormons Building Bridges:
—————————————
We need guardian angels. Seriously.
On Saturday, September 3rd, students and allies will gather next to the BYU-Provo campus for the annual Back2School Pride event.
Unfortunately, the Provo Police Department has just informed the Pride organizers that protestors will also be joining the sidelines of the event. Some of these protestors are anti-LGBTQ groups, some are BYU student groups, some are people who refuse to better understand the LGBTQ+ experience.
We need your help. Cue the angels.
In 1999 Romaine Patterson's best-known activist work was her response to the anti-gay protests by Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church during the trials of Russell Henderson and Aaron McKinney for the murder of Matthew Shepard.
Patterson organized counter protests known as "Angel Action", in which groups of people dressed as angels with extremely large wings shielded the families from Phelps and the protesting groups.
Patterson’s “Angel Action” was so inspirational that it was later depicted in The Laramie Project, a play about the event based on interviews with the participants.
We need angels on Saturday.
If you’d like to protect the LGBTQ students from protestors, and are willing to wear a set of wings, we have a little slice of heaven for you to occupy.
——————————————————-

They are going to use white sheets on curtain rods across their shoulders to block protesters on the sidewalks from being seen by families enjoying their Prideful experience. A bunch of snowflakes.
You can make a bet that at least of these weirdos has a record on some social media sexualizing children. Just have to find it and expose it.

Mormons . . .such pushovers and wimps.

Get MassResistance involved; they will help shut it down.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Couldn't they do a "drag" show with what many modern women tend to wear? That is long trousers, T-shirts, jackets and almost identical to modern men.

All this exposed cleavage, bouffant wigs, mascara and heavy make up is clearly misogynist and stereotyping the modern woman. ;)

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

It would seem that men in drag is not the only problem but God also has issues with the way the women of Zion dress as well.

Isaiah 3

16 ) Jehovah says, moreover,
Because the women of Zion are haughty
and put on airs, painting their eyes,
ever flirting when they walk
and clacking with their feet,

17) my Lord will afflict the scalps
of the women of Zion with baldness;
Jehovah will expose their private parts.

18) In that day my Lord will strip away their finery—the anklets, head ornaments and crescents,

19) the pendants, chains and scarves,

20) tiaras, bracelets and ribbons, zodiac signs and charm amulets,

21) the rings, the noselets,

22) the elegant dress, the shawl, the kerchief and the purse,

23) hosiery, sheer linen, millinery, and cloaks.

24) And instead of perfume there shall be a stench,
instead of the girdle, a piece of twine,
instead of the coiffure, baldness,
instead of the festive dress, a loincloth of burlap;
for in place of beauty
there shall be ignominy.

Mike Maillet
Ingleside, Ontario

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Perhaps.

Utahns should drag these performers.

For the kids.

It would certainly be more entertaining.

We could call it.

Drag a Drag races.

We could do it at the local drag strip.

On Ladies night.

Everyone wearing a dress.

Gets in free.

Sir H

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Well someone did the hard work of finding the dirt on these perverts.

Be warned, it ain't pretty.
https://twitter.com/thatdezguy/status/1 ... 6398300160

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

spiritMan wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 9:15 pm Well someone did the hard work of finding the dirt on these perverts.

Be warned, it ain't pretty.
https://twitter.com/thatdezguy/status/1 ... 6398300160
Pretty sad. Did Provo’s mayor approve of this? I assume they needed a permit in a city park.