Simple primer on Conspiracy Theories

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Simple primer on Conspiracy Theories

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I thought this video was quite well done. A short, to-the-point primer on evaluating conspiracy theories. Look for the lies, look for the bait and switch:

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Simple primer on Conspiracy Theories

Post by Niemand »

The common tactic these days is to invent ludicrous conspiracy theories, claim your opponents believe in them and tar all their supporters with the same brush.

Personally I put conspiracies into the following categories:

* Mainstream and accepted by normies: the Mafia and organised crime, Skunkworks

* Proven to some extent: the cover up of UFOs (in the most basic sense, proven by the official release of formerly classified information), many World Economic Forum policies (since they appear in their own publications; the Bilderbergs although they are more private than the WEF

* Highly likely: Chinese infiltration of Hollywood, LGBT as a population control meme, secret space projects, simulation theory, youth culture is directed by elites

* So so: secret undersea bases, DUMBS (that name!)

* Unlikely: Flat Earth, undercover transgender celebs, the Queen rules the world, government Bigfoot cover up,

* Complete bull hockey: the world's elite are really birds (yes, I have heard this, based off the Dark Crystal film)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What about that "secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries"? spoken of by a latter-day President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in a Church general conference? Right or Wrong?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

lundbaek wrote: August 31st, 2022, 11:40 pm What about that "secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries"? spoken of by a latter-day President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in a Church general conference? Right or Wrong?
Does taking vitamins count?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

so you are a schill on this forum to constantly distract, deter and hijack everything. Lots of confusion that you like to continuously send out to posters.

Good job

I know that some of the soros money is given to organizations to disrupt the religious social medias with the purpose of drawing many devoted saints from their leaders. This tactic uses constant contradictions and confusion especially after you have won the minds of posters with your great wisdom.

I'm thinking more and more that you are one of those schills.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

but then, you might not be getting compensation for your constant driving of contrasting ideas and you just enjoy sprinkling confusion out there

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

EvanLM wrote: September 1st, 2022, 6:27 am but then, you might not be getting compensation for your constant driving of contrasting ideas and you just enjoy sprinkling confusion out there
I'm not sure how you've chosen this axe to grind... But I hope you find purpose in it.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

your past posts and comments do not support your current posts and comments. again, seems like you just post up anything that you think of that is random as if you are polling or baiting posters for opinion or brainwash

in the past you have posted some of these very conspiracy theories claiming that people are stupid to NOT believe the theories you have posted

now you are posting in the opposite . . . . .

and so innocent . . . who me, you say? . . axe to grind . . .sheep . . all words that you have used in the past to convince others of any thing you post including opposinbg views if you feel like it

and one eye represents illumninati which is another contradiction of your posts since you want me to believe that you are harmless

no axe here just wondering what you are really up to . . .maybe just collecting followers

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

EvanLM wrote: September 1st, 2022, 6:48 am your past posts and comments do not support your current posts and comments. again, seems like you just post up anything that you think of that is random as if you are polling or baiting posters for opinion or brainwash

in the past you have posted some of these very conspiracy theories claiming that people are stupid to NOT believe the theories you have posted

now you are posting in the opposite . . . . .

and so innocent . . . who me, you say? . . axe to grind . . .sheep . . all words that you have used in the past to convince others of any thing you post including opposinbg views if you feel like it

and one eye represents illumninati which is another contradiction of your posts since you want me to believe that you are harmless

no axe here just wondering what you are really up to . . .maybe just collecting followers
You got me, pure Illuminati. And yes, please follow me.
SMH

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

If you think that there are no conspiracies, you are a naive coincidence theorist. If you think you will uncover these conspiracies on YouTube, you are a naive conspiracy theorist.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

check out my posts. . . I have claimed conspiracy MORE than anyone on this forum and been attacked by one eye and others with one ey saying that he/she doesn't understand me.

I even questioned the great del bigtree and zelenski and others. The conspiracies that you talk about are being spun before your very open eyes.

The last rerfusal to believe a conspiracy was when I proposed that the hospitals were shown as being mostly empty during the covid 2020 scare. so how could so many people die in hospitals if they were empty? I remember seeing the news clips of tents being set up for vaxes or overflow from the hospitals and no one showing up to take the shots.

I'm not the one that can't see a conspiracy or a lie . . .nor do I repeat the same conspiracy over and over again

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

EvanLM wrote: September 1st, 2022, 7:46 am check out my posts. . . I have claimed conspiracy MORE than anyone on this forum and been attacked by one eye and others with one ey saying that he/she doesn't understand me.

I even questioned the great del bigtree and zelenski and others. The conspiracies that you talk about are being spun before your very open eyes.

The last rerfusal to believe a conspiracy was when I proposed that the hospitals were shown as being mostly empty during the covid 2020 scare. so how could so many people die in hospitals if they were empty? I remember seeing the news clips of tents being set up for vaxes or overflow from the hospitals and no one showing up to take the shots.

I'm not the one that can't see a conspiracy or a lie . . .nor do I repeat the same conspiracy over and over again
Please use my preferred pronoun: “comrade”