Do we really know who these men are? (Gordon B. Hinckley video)

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: Do we really know who these men are? (Gordon B. Hinckley video)

Post by oneClimbs »

Where is the evidence?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

oneClimbs wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 3:21 pm Where is the evidence?

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

You didn't see the video?

First hand eyewitness testimony IS evidence.

It's fine if you want to dismiss the evidence as bad or untrustworthy or misinterpreted. It's fair game to actively debunk it, if possible. But to act as if it doesn't exist... ?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 3:32 pm
You didn't see the video?

First hand eyewitness testimony IS evidence.

It's fine if you want to dismiss the evidence as bad or untrustworthy or misinterpreted. It's fair game to actively debunk it, if possible. But to act as if it doesn't exist... ?
if there were video tapes, they would obviously be faked. If there were documents, forged. Proof can't exist.
Eye witnesses? they're obviously liars. All of it is a lie. lies!
*sarc

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Once again it appears that the difference between evidence and proof is misunderstood.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

Robin Hood wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 4:18 pm Once again it appears that the difference between evidence and proof is misunderstood.
Exactly. Similarly to how the word 'hearsay' was misapplied upthread.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Are you referring to evidence that the eye witnesses are lying? I also, am awaiting that. Or proof that they are lying. Either one will work for me. Gotta be accurate with my choice of words, so... I choose both. :)

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 28th, 2022, 5:44 pm This additional journal entry from JR Sweet is one reason why this doesn’t seem so far fetched to me:
https://mormonmonarch.com/prophet-of-pain/
How did this guy remember this information without committing suicide?

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

FrankOne wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 5:40 pm
Are you referring to evidence that the eye witnesses are lying? I also, am awaiting that. Or proof that they are lying. Either one will work for me. Gotta be accurate with my choice of words, so... I choose both. :)
95% of the video is stating they saw hinckley at a party and nothing more. Who freaking cares. Who hasnt been to partys. None of them say they saw anything except the disgruntled exed member..... again no proof and in my view not a credible testimony.

The fact that he then went on to claim money laundering in my book totally destroys his credibility, then drugs, come on........ it is much easier to get someone to believe one misdead then many. Also it is nearly impossible for someone to launder money in the way he described, even back then.

I was waiting for him to say they also train all missionairies in the mtc to be drug runners....

I view this video as i view godmakers, and just about everyother piece of anti mormon literature....

Also i dont care enough to look at this, but most of his early life after his mission was spent outside of utah.....

I think this is all crap.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 8:38 pm
95% of the video is stating they saw hinckley at a party and nothing more. Who freaking cares. Who hasnt been to partys. None of them say they saw anything except the disgruntled exed member..... again no proof and in my view not a credible testimony.

The fact that he then went on to claim money laundering in my book totally destroys his credibility, then drugs, come on........ it is much easier to get someone to believe one misdead then many. Also it is nearly impossible for someone to launder money in the way he described, even back then.

I was waiting for him to say they also train all missionairies in the mtc to be drug runners....

I view this video as i view godmakers, and just about everyother piece of anti mormon literature....

Also i dont care enough to look at this, but most of his early life after his mission was spent outside of utah.....

I thought your leaders taught you not to read anti-mormon literature...

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 8:42 pm

I thought your leaders taught you not to read anti-mormon literature...
Hey i am on this site right, this is about as anti mormon as it gets. I served in the south and also had a anti uncle growing up......

Just saying in my opinion it is a big nothing burger.... to each their own though.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 8:53 pm Hey i am on this site right, this is about as anti mormon as it gets. I served in the south and also had a anti uncle growing up......

Just saying in my opinion it is a big nothing burger.... to each their own though.
You apostate! :)

That’s what I meant btw. I think a good chunk of content on the forum right now would be frowned upon your anointed leaders.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

You can think whatever you want. That's everyone's privilege. I'm just not sure why you think the things you do because when I look at the scriptures they have plenty of charges of fiscal malfeasance laid against churches leaders.

For example, Ezekiel wrote this about when Christ comes to personally lead the gathering of Israel:
34:10 Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
The Lord gave Joseph Smith the parable of the nobleman and the olive trees about the Church in the latter days. This part is right at the time leading into the tribulations (we know this because it says that the enemy broke down their hedge and destroyed their works and that directly after this the Lord will commission His servant, Joseph Smith to lead His servants into battle),
47 And while they were yet laying the foundation thereof, they began to say among themselves: And what need hath my lord of this tower?
48 And consulted for a long time, saying among themselves: What need hath my lord of this tower, seeing this is a time of peace?
49 Might not this money be given to the exchangers? For there is no need of these things.
50 And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.
I wonder which servants will take the Lord's money and invest it in the markets.

Perhaps Isaiah wrote the most vividly,
56:10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Answer to first trivia question - Dallin H Oaks, as President of BYU he allowed the CIA to recruit returned missionaries.

Second question - Robert D Hales

Question? Who really are the Lord's anointed?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 28th, 2022, 5:44 pm This additional journal entry from JR Sweet is one reason why this doesn’t seem so far fetched to me:
Just read it.
What a load of codswallop.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Currently they're are a few that make me cringe. And no I don't really know much of anything about them specifically.

And the more I have listened to them in different forums and settings outside of general conference the lower my impressions go.

Gong is a through and through insider globalist. Maybe more are as well, which is why the Church is so aligned with the UN and its agendas.

The Eyring family seems off from father to son (pres Eyring) to grandson (BYU-I)

And also Andersen, Renlund and Rasband specifically.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Robin Hood wrote: September 4th, 2022, 1:20 am
Just read it.
Where’s your evidence?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Just read it.
“Codswallop” - - that was clever ;)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 4th, 2022, 7:06 am
Just read it.
Where’s your evidence?
It's called a brain.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Robin Hood wrote: September 4th, 2022, 9:37 am
Just read it.
Where’s your evidence?
It's called a brain.
Haha, sure RH, sure.
Pickle anyone?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Pazooka wrote: September 4th, 2022, 9:03 am
Just read it.
“Codswallop” - - that was clever ;)
Definitely a load of something in that journal entry.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

You can think whatever you want. That's everyone's privilege. I'm just not sure why you think the things you do because when I look at the scriptures they have plenty of charges of fiscal malfeasance laid against churches leaders.

For example, Ezekiel wrote this about when Christ comes to personally lead the gathering of Israel:
34:10 Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
The Lord gave Joseph Smith the parable of the nobleman and the olive trees about the Church in the latter days. This part is right at the time leading into the tribulations (we know this because it says right after this that the enemy broke down their hedge and destroyed their works and that directly after this the Lord will commission His servant, Joseph Smith to lead His servants into battle),
47 And while they were yet laying the foundation thereof, they began to say among themselves: And what need hath my lord of this tower?
48 And consulted for a long time, saying among themselves: What need hath my lord of this tower, seeing this is a time of peace?
49 Might not this money be given to the exchangers? For there is no need of these things.
50 And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.
I wonder which servants will take the Lord's money and invest it in the markets.

56:10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Just read it.
Where’s your evidence?
and the proof. I want proof and evidence.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 2:13 pm
mtmom wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 1:56 pm It doesn't really matter if evidence of wrong doing is destroyed or removed. If there has been evil perpetrated in the temple(s), it will be revealed in the Lord's good time. Luke 12:3
Not "if", but "when".

2 Thess 2
2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
That is an important and disturbing section of scripture. It fits well with D&C 64:35-40 which in part reads, "And liars and hypocrites shall be proved by [the inhabitants of Zion], and they who are not apostles and prophets shall be known." It also works well with D&C 85 about needing one mighty and strong to set in order the house of God and the man called of God and appointed who puts forth his hand to steady the ark and is stuck dead.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Atrasado wrote: September 4th, 2022, 9:47 am

The Lord gave Joseph Smith the parable of the nobleman and the olive trees about the Church in the latter days. This part is right at the time leading into the tribulations (we know this because it says right after this that the enemy broke down their hedge and destroyed their works and that directly after this the Lord will commission His servant, Joseph Smith to lead His servants into battle),

Excellent post.