Head in the sand Mormons

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Head in the sand Mormons

Post by Christianlee »

I was talking with an LDS friend the other day. He votes GOP. He had never heard of the Great Reset, ESG or the WEF. He didn’t know about Dutch farmers or what really happened in Sri Lanka. He was jabbed and hadn’t heard about side effects, etc. I suspect in keeping his head in the sand he is more at peace than I am. I suspect most LDS are closer to that description than I would like to admit. Maybe they are better off not caring.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Re: Head in the sand Mormons

Post by JK4Woods »

Kinda makes me wonder if the various Nephite cities down by the seashore, who were “suddenly” under attack by a sworn and age old enemy, were actually unaware of pending doom…

The “signs” must have been everywhere.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
yqxd5.jpg
yqxd5.jpg (118.28 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Christianlee wrote: August 24th, 2022, 7:11 pm I was talking with an LDS friend the other day. He votes GOP. He had never heard of the Great Reset, ESG or the WEF. He didn’t know about Dutch farmers or what really happened in Sri Lanka. He was jabbed and hadn’t heard about side effects, etc. I suspect in keeping his head in the sand he is more at peace than I am. I suspect most LDS are closer to that description than I would like to admit. Maybe they are better off not caring.
These are modern events and if you don’t have a source to see them reported then how will the see them? Most I talk too are clueless on the Dutch farmers and Sri Lanka.

What gets me is church goers are clueless on BOM end day prophecy.

How about Jesus’s parables are many lessons and can be taught in many different ways to get many points across? No, they were lessons that were coded and if you are sincere, put real thought into it and ask in prayer you will get an answer. It may take years because you have to learn other precepts.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Remember that October 1987 Conference statement by President Benson that "We must make our influence felt by our vote, our letters, our teaching, and our advice. We must become accurately informed and then let others know how we feel."? And President Oaks' April 2021 Conference statement that "We should be knowledgeable citizens who are active in making our influence felt in civic affairs."?

We must be "accurately informed" and "knowledgeable". Some, a relatively few, are, but most in that group do nothing about our awful situations.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I spoke w/ a lady yesterday. She’s been a member since the mid ‘80s. She’s a convert. She didn’t know that the church teaches Joseph was a polygamist.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Bronco73idi wrote: August 24th, 2022, 7:49 pm
It's not in the Sunday school manual, so..... :)

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.
Proverbs 22:3

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

If it was time to pull their head out.... someone would tell them...we us I mean

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Christianlee wrote: August 24th, 2022, 7:11 pm I was talking with an LDS friend the other day. He votes GOP. He had never heard of the Great Reset, ESG or the WEF. He didn’t know about Dutch farmers or what really happened in Sri Lanka. He was jabbed and hadn’t heard about side effects, etc. I suspect in keeping his head in the sand he is more at peace than I am. I suspect most LDS are closer to that description than I would like to admit. Maybe they are better off not caring.
These are modern events and if you don’t have a source to see them reported then how will the see them? Most I talk too are clueless on the Dutch farmers and Sri Lanka.

How about Jesus’s parables are many lessons and can be taught in many different ways to get many points across? No, they were lessons that were coded and if you are sincere, put real thought into it and ask in prayer you will get an answer. It may take years because you have to learn other precepts.
We are in a culture of "follow the prophet" and "he can't lead us astray" ... so, we don't need scriptures (the prophet trumps all scripture anyway). Heck, we don't even need to pray if we follow the prophet by default. Turn your mind off, close your eyes and ears, utter your nightly rote prayer and you'll make it to the celestial kingdom no matter what happens!

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Bronco73idi wrote: August 24th, 2022, 7:49 pm How about Jesus’s parables are many lessons and can be taught in many different ways to get many points across? No, they were lessons that were coded and if you are sincere, put real thought into it and ask in prayer you will get an answer. It may take years because you have to learn other precepts.
So true, of all the scriptures. Plus we've put under a spell of sorts, a cursing. We've been put asleep. When I used to read scriptures I would run into passages I not only couldn't understand but would actually feel my brain sort of go numb. So I'd move on without really digging in and "searching." That's been lifting lately and some scriptures are "opening up" to me. It's quite refreshing.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

BigT wrote: August 25th, 2022, 8:16 am
Bronco73idi wrote: August 24th, 2022, 7:49 pm How about Jesus’s parables are many lessons and can be taught in many different ways to get many points across? No, they were lessons that were coded and if you are sincere, put real thought into it and ask in prayer you will get an answer. It may take years because you have to learn other precepts.
So true, of all the scriptures. Plus we've put under a spell of sorts, a cursing. We've been put asleep. When I used to read scriptures I would run into passages I not only couldn't understand but would actually feel my brain sort of go numb. So I'd move on without really digging in and "searching." That's been lifting lately and some scriptures are "opening up" to me. It's quite refreshing.
Great points!

When I make the effort to study the languages that the Scriptures were written in and find out for myself what the writers meant, I feel more enriched than if I were to just study the Scriptures in English or in Spanish.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Subcomandante wrote: August 25th, 2022, 8:27 am Great points!

When I make the effort to study the languages that the Scriptures were written in and find out for myself what the writers meant, I feel more enriched than if I were to just study the Scriptures in English or in Spanish.
Sounds like my oldest. He reads them in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and German. Not sure how much German he does, though.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Isaiah 59:10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

When I tell people that actual camps are being built in Australia, I get accused of promoting a conspiracy theory. And yes, the Age which is one of the biggest newspapers in Australia was discussing the issue quite openly.

It's worth remembering that when atrocities were occurring in German, Soviet, Japanese and Chinese camps that some people said that those were just an exaggeration. Sure, they haven't got to the level of Pol Pot's Cambodia yet, but how far down that slippery pole do you want to go?

You'd be amazed at how many people here think that things played out exactly as the official version said, even though the authorities are already contradicting previous statements. For example, we were told that the hospitals here were full to the brim, and that overflow hospitals would have to be built (which they were). However, those hospitals were NEVER used, and some have even been decommissioned. Despite the supposed fullness of the original lot. Part of me even wonders if they were the equivalent of the Aussie camps. I have word from people who worked in healthcare (and one or two who had to visit them) that the hospitals were largely empty, especially the non-Covid wards which make up most of them.
Last edited by Niemand on August 25th, 2022, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

BigT wrote: August 25th, 2022, 8:16 am
I remember the first time that happened for me, reading all they way through 1 Nephi with my older kids about 5 years ago. Mind you, while reading Lehi’s journey I would point out the geological points on the map of Saudi Arabia and then showed them the green and lush oasis Lehi group arrived at in what we call Oman today. I also explained how it is the oasis it is, the winds come from the coast line of the continent of Africa and pick up moisture and then drop it on the coastline of Oman. I got to chapter 20 and warned my kids that it’s hard to understand because it’s Isaiah, when I started reading it was amazing. I understood and I was excited and told them what it meant. My daughter just wanted it over with and my son was excited.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

It's in the entire culture...shallow people.

Gileadi nails this with his discussions of idolatry.

We all know them...you know them...I know them...they can rattle off sports statistics forever, never miss ANY sporting event on TV, name their kids after athletes, after a thought provoking lesson, before they are even out the door, ask if you are going to watch the game????

Or...would have to be surgically removed from their phone, interested in some total strangers life, deletes over 100 worthless emails daily, compulsive shopper, if the internet went down, they would need anti-depressants, 1 minute attention span, constantly texting somebody.

You and I both know LOTS of people like this. Hopelessly distracted from more important things (idolatry)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Don't forget how we're told to read only "uplifting" material.

I remember a member asking about a relative of mine, but then being upset when I mentioned how he'd been fired after a nasty dispute around Christmas time – one of his colleagues wanted his job basically – and died as a result. I was told "that isn't uplifting."

I just said, "No, it's life."

The ward member had no reply to that.

I hadn't set out to tell a negative story, but that's the story. It's a story of little consequence outside the family now, but it's reality. Reality isn't always "uplifting". I've spoken to neutral parties about the business and nearly all of them told me my relative was in the right.

I don't find the things about globalists "uplifting", but they are real. As real as the Haun's Mill massacre or the crucifixion. These are things which happened.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Niemand wrote: August 25th, 2022, 11:02 am When I tell people that actual camps are being built in Australia, I get accused of promoting a conspiracy theory. And yes, the Age which is one of the biggest newspapers in Australia was discussing the issue quite openly.
they called you a conspiracy theorist because you didn't use the full name of the camps - they are "Wellness Camps", dontchaknow? :)

ok, sarcasm off... :)

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Niemand wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:01 pm Don't forget how we're told to read only "uplifting" material.

I remember a member asking about a relative of mine, but then being upset when I mentioned how he'd been fired after a nasty dispute around Christmas time – one of his colleagues wanted his job basically – and died as a result. I was told "that isn't uplifting."

I hadn't set out to tell a negative story, but that's the story. It's a story of little consequence outside the family now, but it's reality. Reality isn't always "uplifting". I've spoken to neutral parties about the business and nearly all of them told me my relative was in the right.

I don't find the things about globalists "uplifting", but they are real. As real as the Haun's Mill massacre or the crucifixion. These are things which happened.

2 things:

You know, I wish Hollywood would make a Book of Mormon movie - it'd be rated R - can you imagine that scene where Shiz gets his head cut off and raises up on his arms for breath? yeah, that'd be gory!

also

Joseph Smith said,
I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of Man has said that the mother shall be against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No! I will lift up my voice and testify of them.

[DHC3:390-391]”
but those fluffy bunnies!

:)

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

If people listen to KSL, Fox, Hannity, Medved, syndicated conservative talk
radio, of course they have never heard of these things. That’s a huge number of Republicans. In fact I have had Republicans at my throat worse than anyone else when I speak truth. Especially Bush and Mitt Romney supporters.

I would have been one of these people if it weren’t for my well informed neighbors growing up, going to a private school for a couple of years and introduced to KTALK radio.

This lead to reading Skousens books whose grandson was a good buddy of mine.
I still had a lot of waking up to do and I’m still learning and have a lot to uncover.
Also lead to reading The New American, listening to InfoWars, and many talks from Ezra Taft Benson.

I am fortunate enough to know what the NWO was since early High School when George H. Bush spoke about it and people like Bo Gritz were warning about it.

People who worship political parties and candidates, and people who watch the news are almost impossible to have any conversation with about any of these things.
It’s the official narrative or else with many of these people. They think I’m crazy if I tell them anything they don’t know anything about they didn’t hear on TV.
Last edited by dreamtheater76 on August 25th, 2022, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

If memory serves me correctly, a memo was passed around in about 2008 that preparedness was going out of style. That's about the last time that the words "have a years supply of food storage" was used by the 15.

it's so passe' ! We gotta keep up with the times don't ya know. The church is worth about a cool trillion so all is well in Zion.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Niemand wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:01 pm Don't forget how we're told to read only "uplifting" material.

yah, it wasn't uplifting when Hitler starting coming into power either. Yet some talked about it and some left Germany over it. ...well in advance of Hitler's hell bent crusade. My Father in law's parents were among them. Yah, pulling your head out and looking around at things without melting like a snowflake has it's advantages

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

dreamtheater76 wrote: August 25th, 2022, 6:47 pm If people listen to KSL, Fox, Hannity, Medved, syndicated conservative talk
radio, of course they have never heard of these things. That’s a huge number of Republicans. In fact I have had Republicans at my throat worse than anyone else when I speak truth. Especially Bush and Mitt Romney supporters.

I would have been one of these people if it weren’t for my well informed neighbors growing up, going to a private school for a couple of years and introduced to KTALK radio.

This lead to reading Skousens books whose grandson was a good buddy of mine.
I still had a lot of waking up to do and I’m still learning and have a lot to uncover.
Also lead to reading The New American, listening to InfoWars, and many talks from Ezra Taft Benson.

I am fortunate enough to know what the NWO was since early High School when George H. Bush spoke about it and people like Bo Gritz were warning about it.

People who worship political parties and candidates, and people who watch the news are almost impossible to have any conversation with about any of these things.
It’s the official narrative or else with many of these people. They think I’m crazy if I tell them anything they don’t know anything about they didn’t hear on TV.

I''m an old man. Moe than (MORE THAN) 70.) And I recently told a young lady, probably 20s, that when I was a little (10 yrs or so) people called the tv (TELEVISION) the IDIOT BOX, or the BOOB TUBE. "Why was that, " says this little twerp.

No clue.

Dumb sheep. Easily brainwashed.

I think a lot of people are more like dumb animals, than thinking humans.

Who was it what said "the unexamined life is not worth living"?

I remember it was a teacher (educator?) that said about a man, "the kind of man who never had an original thought in his life".
dc