The "center place of Zion" will be in Independence, MO. D&C 57, etc

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

The "center place of Zion" will be in Independence, MO. D&C 57, etc

Post by BroJones »

Today I asked my red-head g-daughter if she knew about the center place of Zion, that central temple would be located in Independence, MO. She had not heard of it... So we read the first few verses of D&C 57.

Here's a good video explanation of D&C 57 which I then found (including the back-story):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNTo0ebpcPw
Independence is the center place of Zion.jpg
Independence is the center place of Zion.jpg (144.6 KiB) Viewed 1022 times

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: The "center place of Zion" will be in Independence, MO. D&C 57, etc

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I would love to know what that society looks like; the gentile remnant working alongside the Lamanite remnant. People living peaceably among one another. The world not daring to harm them, as Doctrine and Covenants says will be the case.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

I might add just a tiny bit. The Temple people look for over in the Middle East never happened. The Temple was to be in New Jerusalem. Another Restoration related group (in Eskdale, Utah) had a prophecy in 1930 about the Temple for Ephraim (Joseph). It was titled "Yet Sixty Years". Interesting thing about that. The only temple built in Independence was the spiral Temple, in 1990 (1930 + 60). But the requirements for the future temple noted in Ezekiel is met in the "hill" in Independence. It was to be upon rock. Granite lies below the hill, as the tunnel from the Temple to the Auditorium hit granite & it slowed things down. The other was, it was to be built over flowing waters. There is a huge underground river under Independence. The criteria has been met.

Now, as to how Zion is to be protected from intruders. One is by water. In fact, there is a D&C prophecy that speaks of it. See if you can find which one. The other is that a cetain power source will set off a specific vibration which is harmful to those who are not tuned properly. Their body simply will not be able to tolerate it. Yet for those at peace in their heart, it will have no effect upon them. This same setup was active in Enoch's time. Those who tried to come in, found they could not & and had to stay far away. As to the waters surrounding Zion, this was due to the Great Lakes spilling over into the Mississippi River, which will cause much water to back up as well as spreead out.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

I got to thinking I might have it here on U-9 (one of my computers. Here is a little info on the Temple prophecy I shared back on with another forum---

The TEMPLE Prophecy
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The TEMPLE Prophecy:

How many people knew that the spiral temple of RLDS/Community of Christ is THE TEMPLE prophecied for this time era? Allow me to share a little concerning it. There are some that have been glued back to that time long ago in Independence, Missouri back in August 1831 that a group came to some land west of the square. And Joseph Smith (JS) claimed by revelation that this spot was for the Temple. Several items were marked. It was recorded in an anti-Mormon book. Thank Goodness witnesses abound regardless of their views! Sometimes the greatest witness is the one who is it unsuspectingly. E.D. (Ebert D.) Howe compiled 'Mormonism Unvailed' in 1834, and it preserved some very valuable information.

Now many are focused on a rock inscribed with 1831 on it found on the lot held by the Hedrickite group, also called the Church of Christ group? Was this rock the one of mention. Who can say? Also a sapling was marked with T on one side standing for Temple. On the other side ZOM which Joseph said was short for Zomas (ZOMAS), an ancient word for Zion in the old or Enochian language in days of old. I won't get into ZOM or Zion for now, but that brings a new understanding of just what Zion really is or will be.

The main focus now though concerns the Temple, who, what, when, and where. While many look forward to a Temple being rebuilt over in Jerusalem, I can say that it never will happen. It is a diversion. Who would have thought that across the waters in New Jerusalem that The TEMPLE had already been built. And had been built according to several criteria.

I have been told since 1985, that the Hill in Independence was very Holy to Native American Indians and had been used as a meeting place for many Indian nations & their summits. (Sacred Site)

I have been told that a giant underground reservoir runs under Independence, Missouri. (Flowing Waters Underneath)

And it is my understanding, that underground construction ran into problems below as it encountered granite. (Founded upon solid rock)

But the most intriguing & bullseye is a little known prophecy of an independent group made all the way back in February 1930. How I bumped into all this is a whole story in itself. I noticed a few references on the web that are incorrect but want to clarify their mistakes. One guy by the name of Maurice L. Glendenning, heard a choir singing music which none else could hear. Eventually one voice rose over the others & eventually Glendenning was commanded to write what was being told to him. Later that voice revealed it was Elias. There were trying times, and punishment, something like Joseph Smith encountered. At one point, MG bumped into some people with LDS (Mormons). He shared the writings. Many recognized the terminology similar to the LDS/RLDS movements. They encouraged MG to join LDS. Then later the First Presidency was presented with the fact there was a revelator among them. The decree came back, that only the Head of the Church were allowed this, therefore MG's must be of the devil. Eventually MG was cut off from the Church. But remember, he was separate before joining (not as errors reporting he joined LDS, got kicked out, then started his own group).

Eventually a large group was formed after MG was led to Eskdale, Utah to settle there. It is called the Aaronic Order. Originally there were 3 books of recorded writings, Book of Elias (or the Record of John) [BE], New Revelations [NR], and Disciple's Book [DB]. In 1978, most were compiled together in the Levitical Writings. A copy should still be in the Community of Christ Temple Library. It was in the Auditorium when I was there in 1990. I was lucky to have met several back in 1989 there in Independence, as well as again. In April 1990, while I was there for the TEMPLE groundbreaking, I met with one later that evening. It seems I missed Robert Conrad, who took over after Glendenning passed on. They presented another book about Glendenning & the group to the RLDS Auditorium Library, of which I too received a copy that evening. Now what's so important you say?

In 'Levitical Writings', on pages 30-31, Chapter 157 (formerly BE-149) dated February 1930 titled "Yet Sixty Years", remembering now that Glendenning had not even connected with the LDS church by then, is this prophecy which should delight you:

------------------
QUOTE---
7. For surely I shall restore all things unto you, and the altar of the temple shall be prepared before you, and the restoration of my gospel has been made already.
8. Now therefore, O Israel, that the third day does draw near and that the temples are being prepared according to the promise and that the restoration of all things is drawing near,I do cry unto you with a loud voice to prepare the way; For Yet Sixty Years and the third day shall be, and then shall the temple be built for Judah and for Ephraim.
9. Listen unto these things, O Israel, for truly the way is in preparation as spoken by Nahum.
---UNQUOTE
------------------

Let's see, 1930 + 60 = 1990. Hmmmmmmmmmm, RLDS's (Community of Christ's) The TEMPLE groundbreaking & construction began in 1990. Completion in 3rd day which alludes to 3 years, which 1993 is exactly when it was completed. It was dedicated in 1994, but completed the year before. That is why it leaves the completion as the 3rd day.

And so, the True Temple for Israel was built here, not over where most thought it would be- Middle East.

So, while other groups persist that the spiral temple is not the right design or does not sit on the exact spot (as to the rock found), I might add a few more words. It has been some years, I think back in September 1990 when I and former RLDS Church Historian conversed about the temple and some people's problems. Many thought that we should be using Joseph's original layout. Richard said most do not realize it was laid out according to the times back then. That generation was not allowed to build it and it definitely might have some problems now, as there are building codes, plus parking lots for cars to be considered, not hitching posts for horses. I agreed, plus if not mistaken, it might have been used in Brigham's Salt Lake City setup.

As to the placement, the whole hill is sacred, but to satisfy some, this hill is to be a Temple-University Complex in the future. It's not finished yet, but the TEMPLE stands where it is & shall remain so. This Temple-University Complex will be similar to the one on the Giza Plateau in Egypt in the sense that it will be multi-functional, and will have smaller temples nearby the larger one. Who knows, there may even be pyramids built. Time will tell.

Almost forgot the Library call letters of "The Levitical Writings" (plastic comb binding) are:
BX 8680 A2 L12 1978

+++++++++++
+++++++++++

There is also a computer concordance of the Levitical Writings (also plastic comb binding).

I was given a copy of both, as well as a biography of Glendenning 'Now My Servant', as well as the other book that I mentioned.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

And in LDS D&C 77:15 Q&A I might add that if you read it, it seems to be speaking of the two witnesses prophecying in the Middle East in Jerusalem. HOWEVER, a key word is used here- Restoration & speaks of the city of Jerusalem in the land of their fathers. We are actually speaking of New Jerusalem here in Independence, Missouri, USA, the land of the forefathers. See Joshua 24:2- the flood is the ocean, not some river as scholars have assumed. An ancient book of Aaron confirms that Noah came from across the globe, meaning he lived elsewhere (not in the Middle East).

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I struggle with this personally. I don't know if it is literal any more.

I mean, I have a very close relationship with Native Americans and I don't see them being a force at any time for any purpose, let alone religious. That then calls out just what are "Lehi's children" and Lamanites. DNA, features and just obvious common sense makes it difficult to follow LDS leaders declaring that about any one with dark but not black skin is Lamanite (Islanders, and most all of Asians (India, China, Indonesia, etc...))). they are definitely not all from Lehi, if any at all outside NA are. And politically, financially, morally, I don't see much momentum.

Perhaps it is just that I do not like Mo for a place to live, but it feels like the time there came and went, but perhaps after everything is destroyed, it can be a center place as much as any place could be, but seems most of the prophecies about it, never came about. Anyway, I'm neither for nor against and haven't personally received any revelation about it, other than it is not where I'm to gather (so far anyway) with my family.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

BroJones wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 5:23 pm Today I asked my red-head g-daughter if she knew...
I'm curious why you chose to ask the red-head g-daughter - she the smart one? :?: ;) 8-)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I've spent so much time pondering "what Zion looks like?" "where/when?" etc and have had some beautiful inspirations, I believe, but then I turn around and respond rudely to people online and am prideful, uncharitable, etc. Some days it feels hopeless "unobtainium."

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Jules wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:31 pm
BroJones wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 5:23 pm Today I asked my red-head g-daughter if she knew...
I'm curious why you chose to ask the red-head g-daughter - she the smart one? :?: ;) 8-)
You guessed it!
Very bright.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

I agree, but it will only be the capital city, and the stakes of Zion have to be strong enough for the center pole of the tent to be raised. The first stake I think will rise up in the Mountain West, according to Isaiah's prophecy.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

The Temple in Jerusalem will be built. The Jews fully intend building their Temple and have been preparing for it. They now know the exact location - not the Temple Mount with the Mosque! The Lord preserved the original place and kept it hidden. The Lord cannot return unless that Temple is built.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

TheDuke wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:17 pm I struggle with this personally. I don't know if it is literal any more.

I mean, I have a very close relationship with Native Americans and I don't see them being a force at any time for any purpose, let alone religious. That then calls out just what are "Lehi's children" and Lamanites. DNA, features and just obvious common sense makes it difficult to follow LDS leaders declaring that about any one with dark but not black skin is Lamanite (Islanders, and most all of Asians (India, China, Indonesia, etc...))). they are definitely not all from Lehi, if any at all outside NA are. And politically, financially, morally, I don't see much momentum.

Perhaps it is just that I do not like Mo for a place to live, but it feels like the time there came and went, but perhaps after everything is destroyed, it can be a center place as much as any place could be, but seems most of the prophecies about it, never came about. Anyway, I'm neither for nor against and haven't personally received any revelation about it, other than it is not where I'm to gather (so far anyway) with my family.
Most of the remnant of Lehi is primarily located in Canada. I'm not sure of the origins of the Native Americans in the west, but they don't seem to be Israelite. The remnant is the remnant of all Israel, primarily the lost 10 tribes, not just Lehi. They are spread all over the place so their return will be marvelous and miraculous.

Does it really matter where the location is? I'm persuaded it's probably in the mountains, but either way, even if you're 'in the spot', setting up your homestead there early doesn't automatically qualify you or provide any kind of advantage. You will suffer tribulations as equally as anyone located elsewhere. In fact I think I'd rather be elsewhere, as that spot will be very likely be cleared out (if it isn't already) and wiped completely clean before anyone is brought back to it. The Lord will start with a completely clean slate.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

pjbrownie wrote: August 25th, 2022, 3:38 pm I agree, but it will only be the capital city, and the stakes of Zion have to be strong enough for the center pole of the tent to be raised. The first stake I think will rise up in the Mountain West, according to Isaiah's prophecy.
If you don’t mind, What chapter and verse is this prophecy?

sevenbak
captain of 10

Post by sevenbak »

BroJones wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 5:23 pm Today I asked my red-head g-daughter if she knew about the center place of Zion, that central temple would be located in Independence, MO. She had not heard of it... So we read the first few verses of D&C 57.

Here's a good video explanation of D&C 57 which I then found (including the back-story):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNTo0ebpcPw

Independence is the center place of Zion.jpg
Unless I am misunderstanding what Christ is saying to the Nephites, the seed of Lehi will build the New Jerusalem with the assistance of the faithful gentiles.

3 Nephi 21

22 But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts, I will establish my church among them, and they shall come in unto the covenant and be numbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their inheritance;

23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.

24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Lynn wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 7:52 pm And in LDS D&C 77:15 Q&A I might add that if you read it, it seems to be speaking of the two witnesses prophecying in the Middle East in Jerusalem. HOWEVER, a key word is used here- Restoration & speaks of the city of Jerusalem in the land of their fathers. We are actually speaking of New Jerusalem here in Independence, Missouri, USA, the land of the forefathers. See Joshua 24:2- the flood is the ocean, not some river as scholars have assumed. An ancient book of Aaron confirms that Noah came from across the globe, meaning he lived elsewhere (not in the Middle East).
Wherever the temple is that the 2 witnesses are is where the wicked and drunk are.

7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment

I know this is Isaiah but it describes the leaders of the lord’s church before his coming.

On the other hand it also says, that is his church and house. Personally I’m fine with it being in Jerusalem.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BuriedTartaria wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 6:42 pm I would love to know what that society looks like; the gentile remnant working alongside the Lamanite remnant. People living peaceably among one another. The world not daring to harm them, as Doctrine and Covenants says will be the case.
It will look something like this:

4 Nephi 1:2 And it came to pass in the thirty and sixth year, the people were all converted unto the Lord, upon all the face of the land, both Nephites and Lamanites, and there were no contentions and disputations among them, and every man did deal justly one with another.

3 And they had all things common among them; therefore there were not rich and poor, bond and free, but they were all made free, and partakers of the heavenly gift.

4 And it came to pass that the thirty and seventh year passed away also, and there still continued to be peace in the land.

5 And there were great and marvelous works wrought by the disciples of Jesus, insomuch that they did heal the sick, and raise the dead, and cause the lame to walk, and the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear; and all manner of miracles did they work among the children of men; and in nothing did they work miracles save it were in the name of Jesus.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

TheDuke wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:17 pm I struggle with this personally. I don't know if it is literal any more.

I mean, I have a very close relationship with Native Americans and I don't see them being a force at any time for any purpose, let alone religious. That then calls out just what are "Lehi's children" and Lamanites. DNA, features and just obvious common sense makes it difficult to follow LDS leaders declaring that about any one with dark but not black skin is Lamanite (Islanders, and most all of Asians (India, China, Indonesia, etc...))). they are definitely not all from Lehi, if any at all outside NA are. And politically, financially, morally, I don't see much momentum...
I addressed this very thing yesterday: https://latterdaylamanite.com/2022/08/2 ... es-part-3/

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

So, the scriptures quotes in posts above say the Lamanites (descendants of Lehi) will help "Jacob" which as stated above seems to represent all of Israel that accepts Christ building Zion (which may be interpreted the pure in heart). It never says anything specific about Lamanite accomplishments but only their assisting as a part of the building up. Also of interest that in this dispensation the Lord has stated that all the hear his voice and obey his commandments "are Israel". So, really what we see here are the Righteous indigenous peoples along with the converted gentiles and any direct descendants of Jacob/Israel gathering. Gathering how and where keeps getting reinterpreted with Zion and New Jerusalem and Zion being the "pure in heart" where ever they are, etc... But, JS clearly stated some major establishment will be in Mo.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

TheDuke wrote: August 25th, 2022, 7:12 pm So, the scriptures quotes in posts above say the Lamanites (descendants of Lehi) will help "Jacob" which as stated above seems to represent all of Israel that accepts Christ building Zion (which may be interpreted the pure in heart). It never says anything specific about Lamanite accomplishments but only their assisting as a part of the building up. Also of interest that in this dispensation the Lord has stated that all the hear his voice and obey his commandments "are Israel". So, really what we see here are the Righteous indigenous peoples along with the converted gentiles and any direct descendants of Jacob/Israel gathering. Gathering how and where keeps getting reinterpreted with Zion and New Jerusalem and Zion being the "pure in heart" where ever they are, etc... But, JS clearly stated some major establishment will be in Mo.
That section is not the end-all, be-all of it. I would highly encourage you to read the following two blogs which I dedicated wholly to this subject:

To the Lamanites
To the Lamanites, Part 2

The Lamanites will not be the helpers. The Lamanites will be the primary builders. The repentant Gentiles (adopted into the House of Israel) will be the helpers.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I was browsing Youtube and the algorithm led me to this video. It adds a little more dimension to the conversation.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Marc: I still don't see where Lehi's descendants are more than contributors to the overall Jacob or sometimes Joseph. Sorry.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

marc wrote: August 25th, 2022, 8:42 pm
TheDuke wrote: August 25th, 2022, 7:12 pm So, the scriptures quotes in posts above say the Lamanites (descendants of Lehi) will help "Jacob" which as stated above seems to represent all of Israel that accepts Christ building Zion (which may be interpreted the pure in heart). It never says anything specific about Lamanite accomplishments but only their assisting as a part of the building up. Also of interest that in this dispensation the Lord has stated that all the hear his voice and obey his commandments "are Israel". So, really what we see here are the Righteous indigenous peoples along with the converted gentiles and any direct descendants of Jacob/Israel gathering. Gathering how and where keeps getting reinterpreted with Zion and New Jerusalem and Zion being the "pure in heart" where ever they are, etc... But, JS clearly stated some major establishment will be in Mo.
That section is not the end-all, be-all of it. I would highly encourage you to read the following two blogs which I dedicated wholly to this subject:

To the Lamanites
To the Lamanites, Part 2

The Lamanites will not be the helpers. The Lamanites will be the primary builders. The repentant Gentiles (adopted into the House of Israel) will be the helpers.
Are you a Lamanite?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

TheDuke wrote: August 26th, 2022, 2:46 pm Marc: I still don't see where Lehi's descendants are more than contributors to the overall Jacob or sometimes Joseph. Sorry.
Ok, I will quote Orson Pratt and also Jesus Christ, both of whom I included in my blog:

“We can pray to the Father, in the name of Jesus, to convert these Indian tribes around us, and bring them to a knowledge of the truth, that they may fulfill the things contained in the Book of Mormon. And then when we do return, taking them with us, that they shall be instructed not only in relation to their fathers and the Gospel contained in the record of their fathers, but also in the arts and sciences. They will also be instructed to cultivate the earth, to build buildings as we do, instructed how to build Temples and in the various branches of industry practiced by us; and then, after having received this information and instruction, we shall have the privilege of helping them to build the New Jerusalem. The Lord says—“They,” the Gentiles, who believe in the Book of Mormon, “shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.”

Now, a great many, without reading these things, have flattered themselves that we are the ones who are going to do all this work. It is not so; we have got to be helpers, we have got to be those who cooperate with the remnants of Joseph in accomplishing this great work; for the Lord will have respect unto them, because they are of the blood of Israel, and the promises of their fathers extend to them, and they will have the privilege of building that city, according to the pattern that the Lord shall give…We have got to be sent forth as missionaries to all parts of this American continent. Not to the Gentiles, for their times will be fulfilled; but we must go to all those tribes that roam through the cold regions of the north—British America, to all the tribes that dwell in the Territories of the United States, also to all those who are scattered through Mexico, and Central and South America, and the object of our going will be to declare the principles of the Gospel unto them, and bring them to a knowledge of the truth…

These are some few things pertaining to the redemption of Zion. I would to the Lord that we were righteous enough to know a few more! There are a great many things that I would like to know about the redemption of Zion that I do not know, and I presume that you also would like to know them. But what the Lord has revealed is very plain when connected together; and when we reflect upon it, it is astonishing to us to think that in our day the Lord has decreed to perform such a great work in the midst of the earth. It will be astonishing to us when the time comes for the Lord to gather in, from every part of this great continent, these poor, miserable, degraded Lamanites, that his servants may have power over them in order to bring them to civilization. It looks impossible to us, but remember that that is the day of the Lord’s power, and that then will be fulfilled the saying in the Book of Doctrine and Covenants, that the Spirit of the Lord shall be shed forth upon the hearts of those who are ordained to that power; that every man among these remnants of Joseph will hear the Gospel in his own tongue, by the power of the Holy Ghost shed forth upon those who are ordained unto this power. There is such a saying as that in the Book of Covenants, and when that day comes the Lord God will work mightily by signs, wonders and miracles in various ways that will have an influence over these remnants of Joseph to convert them and bring them to a knowledge of the truth, that the prayers of their ancient fathers, and of the Prophets and Elders who once dwelt on this American continent, may be fulfilled upon their heads.” (source: http://jod.mrm.org/17/289)

In a nutshell, he is saying what we read in the Book of Mormon, which I included in my blog, that Lehi's posterity have the promise of the first covenant. I quoted a number of BoM passages by Lehi, Enos, Moroni, etc to support this. The direct quote from Jesus Christ is at Bountiful:

3 Nephi 21:1 And verily I say unto you, I give unto you a sign, that ye may know the time when these things shall be about to take place—that I shall gather in, from their long dispersion, my people, O house of Israel, and shall establish again among them my Zion;
2 And behold, this is the thing which I will give unto you for a sign—for verily I say unto you that when these things which I declare unto you, and which I shall declare unto you hereafter of myself, and by the power of the Holy Ghost which shall be given unto you of the Father, shall be made known unto the Gentiles that they may know concerning this people who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, and concerning this my people who shall be scattered by them;
3 Verily, verily, I say unto you, when these things shall be made known unto them of the Father, and shall come forth of the Father, from them unto you;
4 For it is wisdom in the Father that they should be established in this land, and be set up as a free people by the power of the Father, that these things might come forth from them unto a remnant of your seed, that the covenant of the Father may be fulfilled which he hath covenanted with his people, O house of Israel;
5 Therefore, when these works and the works which shall be wrought among you hereafter shall come forth from the Gentiles, unto your seed which shall dwindle in unbelief because of iniquity;
6 For thus it behooveth the Father that it should come forth from the Gentiles, that he may show forth his power unto the Gentiles, for this cause that the Gentiles, if they will not harden their hearts, that they may repent and come unto me and be baptized in my name and know of the true points of my doctrine, that they may be numbered among my people, O house of Israel;
7 And when these things come to pass that thy seed shall begin to know these things—it shall be a sign unto them, that they may know that the work of the Father hath already commenced unto the fulfilling of the covenant which he hath made unto the people who are of the house of Israel.
8 And when that day shall come, it shall come to pass that kings shall shut their mouths; for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.
9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them.
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.
11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.
12 And my people who are a remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.
13 Their hand shall be lifted up upon their adversaries, and all their enemies shall be cut off.
14 Yea, wo be unto the Gentiles except they repent; for it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Father, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots;
15 And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strongholds;
16 And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thy land, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers;
17 Thy graven images I will also cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee, and thou shalt no more worship the works of thy hands;
18 And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee; so will I destroy thy cities.
19 And it shall come to pass that all lyings, and deceivings, and envyings, and strifes, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, shall be done away.
20 For it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that at that day whosoever will not repent and come unto my Beloved Son, them will I cut off from among my people, O house of Israel;
21 And I will execute vengeance and fury upon them, even as upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
22 But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts, I will establish my church among them, and they shall come in unto the covenant and be numbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their inheritance;
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.
24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.
25 And then shall the power of heaven come down among them; and I also will be in the midst.

Lehi was promised that his seed would not ever perish because of their parents' sins (Laman, Lemuel), but would be preserved forever in the land:

2 Nephi 1:5 But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands; a land which the Lord God hath covenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.

It's all in my three blog entries, highlighted and emphasized for clarity and ease of understanding.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

nightlight wrote: August 26th, 2022, 3:31 pmAre you a Lamanite?
Although I am 55% native, I honestly don't know. I'm a wannabe Lamanite, really. I do know two things: My father's patriarchal blessing indicates that he is of the tribe of Manasseh, which is where Lehi stems. I also know that I have been favored by Father in heaven. In any case, whether or not I have a drop of Lehi's blood, I am doing my passionate best to bring to light all the things the Lord has promised to the Lamanites wherever they are. God knows where they are and when He will make them known. He allowed Joseph Smith to attempt to gather them and to redeem Zion, but now today, I believe God is doing things His own way--His strange act.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

marc wrote: August 26th, 2022, 3:32 pm
TheDuke wrote: August 26th, 2022, 2:46 pm Marc: I still don't see where Lehi's descendants are more than contributors to the overall Jacob or sometimes Joseph. Sorry.
Ok, I will quote Orson Pratt and also Jesus Christ, both of whom I included in my blog:

“We can pray to the Father, in the name of Jesus, to convert these Indian tribes around us, and bring them to a knowledge of the truth, that they may fulfill the things contained in the Book of Mormon. And then when we do return, taking them with us, that they shall be instructed not only in relation to their fathers and the Gospel contained in the record of their fathers, but also in the arts and sciences. They will also be instructed to cultivate the earth, to build buildings as we do, instructed how to build Temples and in the various branches of industry practiced by us; and then, after having received this information and instruction, we shall have the privilege of helping them to build the New Jerusalem. The Lord says—“They,” the Gentiles, who believe in the Book of Mormon, “shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.”

Now, a great many, without reading these things, have flattered themselves that we are the ones who are going to do all this work. It is not so; we have got to be helpers, we have got to be those who cooperate with the remnants of Joseph in accomplishing this great work; for the Lord will have respect unto them, because they are of the blood of Israel, and the promises of their fathers extend to them, and they will have the privilege of building that city, according to the pattern that the Lord shall give…We have got to be sent forth as missionaries to all parts of this American continent. Not to the Gentiles, for their times will be fulfilled; but we must go to all those tribes that roam through the cold regions of the north—British America, to all the tribes that dwell in the Territories of the United States, also to all those who are scattered through Mexico, and Central and South America, and the object of our going will be to declare the principles of the Gospel unto them, and bring them to a knowledge of the truth…

These are some few things pertaining to the redemption of Zion. I would to the Lord that we were righteous enough to know a few more! There are a great many things that I would like to know about the redemption of Zion that I do not know, and I presume that you also would like to know them. But what the Lord has revealed is very plain when connected together; and when we reflect upon it, it is astonishing to us to think that in our day the Lord has decreed to perform such a great work in the midst of the earth. It will be astonishing to us when the time comes for the Lord to gather in, from every part of this great continent, these poor, miserable, degraded Lamanites, that his servants may have power over them in order to bring them to civilization. It looks impossible to us, but remember that that is the day of the Lord’s power, and that then will be fulfilled the saying in the Book of Doctrine and Covenants, that the Spirit of the Lord shall be shed forth upon the hearts of those who are ordained to that power; that every man among these remnants of Joseph will hear the Gospel in his own tongue, by the power of the Holy Ghost shed forth upon those who are ordained unto this power. There is such a saying as that in the Book of Covenants, and when that day comes the Lord God will work mightily by signs, wonders and miracles in various ways that will have an influence over these remnants of Joseph to convert them and bring them to a knowledge of the truth, that the prayers of their ancient fathers, and of the Prophets and Elders who once dwelt on this American continent, may be fulfilled upon their heads.” (source: http://jod.mrm.org/17/289)

In a nutshell, he is saying what we read in the Book of Mormon, which I included in my blog, that Lehi's posterity have the promise of the first covenant. I quoted a number of BoM passages by Lehi, Enos, Moroni, etc to support this. The direct quote from Jesus Christ is at Bountiful:

3 Nephi 21:1 And verily I say unto you, I give unto you a sign, that ye may know the time when these things shall be about to take place—that I shall gather in, from their long dispersion, my people, O house of Israel, and shall establish again among them my Zion;
2 And behold, this is the thing which I will give unto you for a sign—for verily I say unto you that when these things which I declare unto you, and which I shall declare unto you hereafter of myself, and by the power of the Holy Ghost which shall be given unto you of the Father, shall be made known unto the Gentiles that they may know concerning this people who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, and concerning this my people who shall be scattered by them;
3 Verily, verily, I say unto you, when these things shall be made known unto them of the Father, and shall come forth of the Father, from them unto you;
4 For it is wisdom in the Father that they should be established in this land, and be set up as a free people by the power of the Father, that these things might come forth from them unto a remnant of your seed, that the covenant of the Father may be fulfilled which he hath covenanted with his people, O house of Israel;
5 Therefore, when these works and the works which shall be wrought among you hereafter shall come forth from the Gentiles, unto your seed which shall dwindle in unbelief because of iniquity;
6 For thus it behooveth the Father that it should come forth from the Gentiles, that he may show forth his power unto the Gentiles, for this cause that the Gentiles, if they will not harden their hearts, that they may repent and come unto me and be baptized in my name and know of the true points of my doctrine, that they may be numbered among my people, O house of Israel;
7 And when these things come to pass that thy seed shall begin to know these things—it shall be a sign unto them, that they may know that the work of the Father hath already commenced unto the fulfilling of the covenant which he hath made unto the people who are of the house of Israel.
8 And when that day shall come, it shall come to pass that kings shall shut their mouths; for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.
9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them.
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.
11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.
12 And my people who are a remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.
13 Their hand shall be lifted up upon their adversaries, and all their enemies shall be cut off.
14 Yea, wo be unto the Gentiles except they repent; for it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Father, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots;
15 And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strongholds;
16 And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thy land, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers;
17 Thy graven images I will also cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee, and thou shalt no more worship the works of thy hands;
18 And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee; so will I destroy thy cities.
19 And it shall come to pass that all lyings, and deceivings, and envyings, and strifes, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, shall be done away.
20 For it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that at that day whosoever will not repent and come unto my Beloved Son, them will I cut off from among my people, O house of Israel;
21 And I will execute vengeance and fury upon them, even as upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
25 And then shall the power of heaven come down among them; and I also will be in the midst.

Lehi was promised that his seed would not ever perish because of their parents' sins (Laman, Lemuel), but would be preserved forever in the land:

2 Nephi 1:5 But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands; a land which the Lord God hath covenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.

It's all in my three blog entries, highlighted and emphasized for clarity and ease of understanding.
So are you going to be half helper and half operator? ;)