How can you tell if a dream is from God?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How can you tell if a dream is from God?

Post by Niemand »

It is worth pointing out that although there are plenty of evil spirits out there, there are also a number of good ones. They are part of what prevents a lot of much worse things happening. The evil spirits are restricted by angels etc in the unseen realm. There are equal numbers of good spirits out there.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: August 28th, 2022, 1:32 am It is worth pointing out that although there are plenty of evil spirits out there, there are also a number of good ones. They are part of what prevents a lot of much worse things happening. The evil spirits are restricted by angels etc in the unseen realm. There are equal numbers of good spirits out there.
Seems so.
Also, it’s good to keep in mind How spirits are like radio stations & we as “radios” can choose to which ones to tune our frequencies.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

You have to tell the prophet about your dream and ask him if it’s from God. Only he is designated to speak for the Lord.
I had a dream that God showed me that Russell wasn’t the prophet so I wrote to Russell and asked him about my dream and he told me it was from the devil.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

adocrawford wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:10 pm…how are we able to know if such a dream is from God? Could dreams come from the adversary to deceive us? Can we have vivid, memorable dreams that can be explained psychologically?
…How do I discern the difference?
Lots of good comments.
I’d add that God is so aware of us and communicates mostly symbolically for the current needs. I see dreams as a bridge between this world and the Spirit realm. Isn’t it bizarre how we sleep 1/3 of our lives!? I think God designed it not only for physical rest, but for spiritual renewal also.

Maybe “the kingdom of God within” us involves more complexity than this entire world and universe - because it is filled with infinite possibilities! Among many things, God has been described as the process of transforming “bad” into GOoD. So, while Eg., you may have a troubling dream, it may be aiding you in that transformative way.

You are the storyteller of your dreams, though you are also subject to other influences, especially as a child - sometimes deceptive influences. Or rather it takes time to see things as they really are, not just how you believed them to be as a child. After an experience of betrayal, I had a dream in which the person changed appearances - and come to find out, she was acting in behalf of someone else - & it was to a more significant extent than I previously consciously realized.

Each of my kids had periods of nightmares, one was particularly troubling. I have reason to believe that a bad spirit was trying to mess with my child. So it can happen. And I said a prayer with faith & certain words & I felt the negative spirit get angry with me but then left, & my child never had nightmares again.

As Carl Jung suggested, there is no real dividing line between spirituality & psych-ology (study of the soul). No need to reinvent the wheel but do be selective in considering the plethora of theories related to thought, emotion - behavior. Jung suggested 2 types of sub/unconscious: personal & collective. The collective subconscious is where we get possible symbolic interpretations of dreams…

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

adocrawford wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:10 pm… How do I discern the difference?
The adversary may appear as an angel of light, but will never point to the name of Christ or Crist (old world spelling). See march8miracle.org for examples of both.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I want to add a couple more notes the the dream that I had that came so true with so many miraculous events from the foretelling to the aggressive moose to the magical shot my son made. Turns out I got a crossbow in middle of COVID, lots it supply and manufacturing issues. It ended up being mostly dry fired when the winch they sent me (missing an internal bushing) snapped the cable at about 200 pounds of force. Looked ok but for the winch and a couple of chips on the frame that didn't seem structural. So, Just before heading to Utah to accompany my son with it (he cannot pull a bow due to vertebrae surgery this summer) for this hunt. I'm guessing we cocked it between 80-100 times. It shot funny and I had a darned time siting it in, but felt I made it. His shot was only 10 yards so it was ok there. We cocked it the very next morning after his shot and heard a loud crack. I didn't see any issues and thought it was a rubber band cracking. Well I set it in the car and the right limb cracked and delaminated, shattering the crossbow. No one was hurt (220# limbs). Again to the miracle, 100 times it was ok, we got the blessing , the very next cocking it cracked and then shattered!

No doubt this dream is from the Lord, it was foretold, there are 12 incredible steps, and lastly I have never in my life eaten meat so sweet on any game animal (deer, elk, bear, turkey, bison).