Forum Question

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Z2100
captain of 100

Forum Question

Post by Z2100 »

Hello everyone!

I've come back to the forum after an almost four-year hiatus and I'm wondering what the lay of the land here is? I've been reading some of the forum discussions and I'm getting a lot of ex-mo sentiment with some TBM thrown in. Would you say that there's a lot of questioning/anti here or just a bunch of freethinking TBMs? Sorry if the question is confusing.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: Forum Question

Post by FoundMyEden »

Welcome back!

Lots of freethinkers...Book of Mormon and Bible believers...not afraid of truth...probably mixed in with a lot of awakening to an awful situation believing Mormons/Members of the CoJCoLDS.

Not sure what it was 4 years ago...

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Just a lot of philosophies of men mingled with scripture, absent of the Spirit of the Lord…

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Jonesy wrote: August 18th, 2022, 6:46 pm Just a lot of philosophies of men mingle with scripture, absent of the Spirit of the Lord…
Well I've definitely seen some of that but I feel like it's just people airing-out their opinions but not necessarily 'preaching'

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

FoundMyEden wrote: August 18th, 2022, 6:44 pm Welcome back!

Lots of freethinkers...Book of Mormon and Bible believers...not afraid of truth...probably mixed in with a lot of awakening to an awful situation believing Mormons/Members of the CoJCoLDS.

Not sure what it was 4 years ago...
Thank you!

Yeah I figured it was just that. I've seen a lot of the awful situation discussions as well as stuff along the lines of Daniel tribulations discussions.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Generally independent/non-denominational believers of the Book of Mormon with varying views on Mormon history and doctrine who have a dream and hope for a future where a God who once spoke might speak again.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Lots and lots of talk about polygamy. Little to no discussion of Zion. Everything else in between.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

There are those on the site that align with the Elliaison Group who believe that Doctrine and Covenants 132 in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints scripture is not the revelation that Joseph Smith received but was heavily edited by Brigham Young who added many false doctrines. Thus this Elliaison Group seem to be at odds with what the Church has published and appear to be apostates. See Doctrine and Covenants 132 on the Elliaison website.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Z2100 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 6:35 pm Hello everyone!

I've come back to the forum after an almost four-year hiatus and I'm wondering what the lay of the land here is? I've been reading some of the forum discussions and I'm getting a lot of ex-mo sentiment with some TBM thrown in. Would you say that there's a lot of questioning/anti here or just a bunch of freethinking TBMs? Sorry if the question is confusing.
I remember you! Hope all is well.

You still thinking "it's" going to be year 2100?

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Jonesy wrote: August 18th, 2022, 6:46 pm Just a lot of philosophies of men mingled with scripture, absent of the Spirit of the Lord…
Hahah

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

onefour1 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 7:32 pm There are those on the site that align with the Elliaison Group who believe that Doctrine and Covenants 132 in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints scripture is not the revelation that Joseph Smith received but was heavily edited by Brigham Young who added many false doctrines. Thus this Elliaison Group seem to be at odds with what the Church has published and appear to be apostates. See Doctrine and Covenants 132 on the Elliaison website.
While they reject 132, as far as modern day alternate Mormon groups go aren’t they pretty friendly on polygamy though? I swear their site says if you want to do it righteously then that’s fine but it isn’t a requirement, that monogamy is just as fine as polygamy. Correct me if I’m wrong
Elliaison wrote: Polygamy was practiced in the Old Testament by both wicked and righteous people.

Because God pronounced the greatest blessings that God can give, (Eternal Life or Calling and Election Made Sure), on many people who were not living polygamy, it is clear that living polygamy is not required for these blessings.

Likewise, God has blessed a number of people with these same blessings, (Eternal Life or Calling and Election Made Sure), while they were living polygamy, (including having sex and offspring with their multiple wives), therefore we can be certain that living polygamy does not damn a person and prevent them from obtaining these most precious blessings.
https://elliaison.org/dictionary/plural ... ham-wrong/

I can not believe I’m derailing this thread with more polygamy debating. It never ends 😂😭😂😭😂😭

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

marc wrote: August 18th, 2022, 7:16 pm Lots and lots of talk about polygamy.
And yet, currently when you click on Latest Posts there is only ONE polygamy thread . Someone is exaggerating.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Z2100 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 6:35 pmI've come back to the forum after an almost four-year hiatus and I'm wondering what the lay of the land here is?
When you ask such a question, every answer will be unique because everyone has their own perspective and own experience of the forum.

There are definitely a lot more people who are justifiably frustrated with the Church, especially considering the Church leaders reaction to the fake pandemic over the past 2 years, and their ramping up of promoting the UN globalist agenda.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I know dozens of members who have serious questions about what LDS church leaders are doing. I have probably several dozen friends who have left the church. I know probably a dozen who have had their records removed or were exxed for simply asking questions.

And you have a lot of people who just want to know the truth and trust God over man. I’ve seen people on here who have a far greater depth of doctrinal knowledge than the average TBM. And most on here know way more church history than I’ve ever heard in church.

I fully believe the church went off the rails after Joseph and his brothers were murdered. What church leaders did the past 2+ years was simply egregious and damning.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Good old Z2100 loved his timeline threads.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Nice to have you back!

The forum has changed in four years. The forum has become much more hostile in its attitude toward the LDS Church. Most people seem to think that it is in state of apostasy and that its leaders are evil.

You might be also interested in the thread How has LDSFF changed over years (check the whole thread, not just my comment). That thread was started some time last year.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Bronco73idi wrote: August 19th, 2022, 12:49 am Good old Z2100 loved his timeline threads.
None that I remember mentioned the Davidic Servant/OMAS, which was a great oversight considering the geometric progression of earthquakes, and stuff.

Joseph in The Gap was written by Taylor Drake and my thread viewtopic.php?t=62280 about it was moved to the Heretics Sub-forum, so for a time I couldn't post in my own thread. :lol:

3*8**

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Pretty much everyone here believes in the Book of Mormon. Everything else is fair game.

I don’t know of any exmos here.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

BuriedTartaria wrote: August 18th, 2022, 7:51 pm I can not believe I’m derailing this thread with more polygamy debating. It never ends 😂😭😂😭😂😭
😂😂😂

Scooter
captain of 50

Post by Scooter »

onefour1 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 7:32 pm There are those on the site that align with the Elliaison Group who believe that Doctrine and Covenants 132 in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints scripture is not the revelation that Joseph Smith received but was heavily edited by Brigham Young who added many false doctrines. Thus this Elliaison Group seem to be at odds with what the Church has published and appear to be apostates. See Doctrine and Covenants 132 on the Elliaison website.
Ahhh, so this is where my spouse has joined herself.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Scooter wrote: August 19th, 2022, 7:34 am
Ahhh, so this is where my spouse has joined herself.
Smart gal.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

creator wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:41 pm There are definitely a lot more people who are justifiably frustrated with the Church, especially considering the Church leaders reaction to the fake pandemic over the past 2 years, and their ramping up of promoting the UN globalist agenda.
Indeed. It's the reason I'm here. I think, though, that it is proving to be a blessing in disguise (we did not heed their advice but most of our kids did, sadly) as I had definitely been "asleep" for many years.

"For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered." Is. 29:10

Best to be awake at this time than in a deep sleep.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 19th, 2022, 4:48 am
Bronco73idi wrote: August 19th, 2022, 12:49 am Good old Z2100 loved his timeline threads.
None that I remember mentioned the Davidic Servant/OMAS, which was a great oversight considering the geometric progression of earthquakes, and stuff.

Joseph in The Gap was written by Taylor Drake and my thread viewtopic.php?t=62280 about it was moved to the Heretics Sub-forum, so for a time I couldn't post in my own thread. :lol:

3*8**
No they didn’t, is the servant that important? How many people mention Jesus Christ but leave out John? To you and I we know the story of John is very important, so is this servant.

Most people will focus on Antichrist and Ancient of Days.

When I first joined this forum there was a huge thread on the servant liken unto king David. The Holy Ghost told me no, don’t read it. In the next few years I learned many things. I know now I needed a better foundation before I read people’s fictional opinion.

This servant is “the man!” Some might believe he isn’t “religious” until they talk down about his brother and father that are in heaven. He isn’t going to call people into repentance, he isn’t Nathan. He is a military leader and he may be what society calls a pervert. The lord told David through Nathan “I would have given you more wives” the lord didn’t tell David “you need to practice abstinence”.

Will he be one of the two witnesses and his buddy Nathan be the other, Ying and Yang?
Last edited by Bronco73idi on August 19th, 2022, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

My own position is alienated, but active, within the mainline LDS organisation. I hold a TR (which I find hard to self-justify in some ways) and a calling. My tithing has taken a dive recently.

I consider myself Christian first and foremost. My loyalty is more towards the members at ground level than the FP right now. I believe the Book of Mormon, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I also believe that individuals can receive personal revelation which doesn't just pertain to themselves.

It is clear that the FP are out to please the world and the leadership of this world. They are compromised by this behaviour. I believe the FP would be capable of prophecy is they took other paths, but right now I see prophecy from elsewhere, and ancient prophecy condemns much of what they do.

By becoming worldly and materialist, they have caused our collective spiritual gifts to decline.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

nightlight wrote: August 18th, 2022, 7:34 pm

I remember you! Hope all is well.

You still thinking "it's" going to be year 2100?
Thank you! I hope all is well for you as well. A personal belief I've had for a couple of years is that it's around 2100.