Betelgeuse going Supernova any second!!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Betelgeuse going Supernova any second!!

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Here's one YT channel showing a live feed:

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Betelgeuse going Supernova any second!!

Post by Subcomandante »

Jules wrote: August 15th, 2022, 9:16 pm Here's one YT channel showing a live feed:
No one really knows when it will go off. It could go off today, tomorrow, or in several thousand years.

But when it does go off, the sighting will be spectacular. A star that would have naked eye visibility in the daytime, and potentially outshine the full moon for a couple of weeks.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I've been hearing this for about 18 months. It may well happen soon, or not.

Betelgeuse is one of the brightest stars in the sky and can even be seen here with all the light pollution. If it goes, it will totally change the look of Orion which is one of the most obvious constellations in the sky.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

When an astronomer says "soon", it means "anytime in the next 100 000 years.

The astronomical time scales are like that.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

inho wrote: August 16th, 2022, 3:31 am When an astronomer says "soon", it means "anytime in the next 100 000 years.

It's not as boring out there as they pretend. Here's one of the things NASA is trying to lie about today:
20220816_0930_c3_1024.jpg
20220816_0930_c3_1024.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 5108 times
20220816_0942_c3_1024.jpg
20220816_0942_c3_1024.jpg (848.5 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
We're watching a massive sun-freak-out right now - even if we know about it, they don't want us to see stuff like this when it happens because we get more information about our system that doesn't align with what they tell us. So they put filters on the tools, or turn them off when something is happening, and try to hide it.

These images are from the solar event happening today - some things we've never seen before are happening as we speak. (Sun is behind the occulter where the little white circle is.)

News will tell us a boring blah blah so nobody pays attention, or they will distract you with crap like Jeff Bezos "ship"... Gadjillions of miles away and gadjillions of light years away are Satanic NASA Snake Family lies. But everyone has to catch up on the information and not continue believing the story we were told in 6th grade government school science class. :ugeek:

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Fun fact for those who don't know. Betelgeuse being over 500 light years away, it would have had to blow up around 1500AD for us to see it in our lifetime.

edit: Worth mentioning most Scientists think Betelgeuse still has some many thousands of years remaining. IIRC it expands to its limit until the helium runs out when it suddenly collapses. Then its mass decides what happens next. It can become one of several forms of a small point of extreme gravity or explode outward. If it was about to supernova it should already be collapsing which I don't think it appears to be.

Of course this is the first time we have modern instruments up there, so a lot of what they are working from is based on calculations and theory. So surprises are never out of the question.

https://www.space.com/23756-white-dwarf-stars.html

edit2: Got me thinking about how long the collapse would actually take and what it would look like to us.

Betelgeuse is approximated to be nearly as far out as our Jupiter which is about 1 light year. So even at speed of light it would take a full year for the edges to return to the center. Known matter just doesn't travel at that speed. Anyway Helium is the expansive phase, then it starts shrinking:

"massive star runs out of hydrogen in its core, it switches to helium, then carbon, then neon, all the way up the periodic table of elements until it reaches iron. The problem is that iron doesn't produce energy through the fusion process"

So how long does shrinking/collapse stage take? Ok so I was guessing about 1/3 the speed of light which is about the limit of any matter, but this guy says 23% the speed of light.

"The outer edges of the core collapse inward at about 23% the speed of light. In just a quarter of a second, infalling material bounces off the iron core of the star, creating a shockwave of matter propagating outward. This shockwave can take a couple of hours to reach the surface."

It would 4 years for Betelgeuse to collapse and travel from its edge by Jupiter back to its center. But I think the critical mass explosion would start happening before its 100% returned. Assuming it would only take a fraction of its mass returning that would shrink the 4 year trip down to say what 1/10th. So might dim spectacularly and change color (as it switches elements) for a few weeks or month before exploding. This has been interesting, thanks for bringing this up.

https://phys.org/news/2015-04-quickly-supernova.html

Either way should be interesting and hopefully will happen any minute! I for one, am done with earth experiment. We have proven that with us in charge evil will always win. I personally don't need anymore painful evidence that any system or person will always fail to save us from ourselves.
Last edited by hedgehog on August 17th, 2022, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Science suggests that we may be able to tell when a star will go supernova (Type II) based on what the star is burning (fusing) and its emission spectra:

Hydrogen: 10,000,000 years
Helium (triple-alpha): 1,000,000 years
Carbon: 1000 years
Neon: 100 years
Oxygen: 1-10 years
Silicone: 1 day

Betelgeuse us still fusing helium, therefore it is not expected to go supernova for at least 100,000 years. (Numbers are not exact but show relative orders of magnitude). More massive stars burn hotter and do not live as long. Betelgeuse mass is 15-20 x that of our sun. I wouldn't get excited until we see Betelgeuse fusing Neon.
Last edited by davedan on August 17th, 2022, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

davedan wrote: August 17th, 2022, 1:18 am You can actually may be able to tell when a star will go supernova (Type II) based on what the star is burning (fusing) and its emission spectra:

Betelgeuse us still fusing helium, therefore it is not expected to go supernova for at least 100,000 years. (Numbers are not exact but show relative orders of magnitude). More massive stars burn hotter and do not live as long. Betelgeuse mass is 15-20 x that of our sun. I wouldn't get excited until we see Betelgeuse fusing Neon.
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

davedan wrote: August 17th, 2022, 1:18 am You can actually may be able to tell when a star will go supernova (Type II) based on what the star is burning (fusing) and its emission spectra:

Riiight. Cause science says so.

I think there's a better chance that stars have glorified beings living on them than there is of "science" having anything close to an actual answer as to their makeup.

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

I guess this all leads to these Interesting water surrounded neutrino detectors. Thought I would share:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswith ... ed93d22dbb

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Jules wrote: August 16th, 2022, 11:37 pm
inho wrote: August 16th, 2022, 3:31 am When an astronomer says "soon", it means "anytime in the next 100 000 years.

It's not as boring out there as they pretend. Here's one of the things NASA is trying to lie about today:

20220816_0930_c3_1024.jpg
20220816_0942_c3_1024.jpg

We're watching a massive sun-freak-out right now - even if we know about it, they don't want us to see stuff like this when it happens because we get more information about our system that doesn't align with what they tell us. So they put filters on the tools, or turn them off when something is happening, and try to hide it.

These images are from the solar event happening today - some things we've never seen before are happening as we speak. (Sun is behind the occulter where the little white circle is.)

News will tell us a boring blah blah so nobody pays attention, or they will distract you with crap like Jeff Bezos "ship"... Gadjillions of miles away and gadjillions of light years away are Satanic NASA Snake Family lies. But everyone has to catch up on the information and not continue believing the story we were told in 6th grade government school science class. :ugeek:
And massive solar events have the potential to cause huge havoc with electrical systems and artificial satellites. The last time there was a really big solar event was in the 19th century when it set alight telegraph wires and shocked operators.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

hedgehog wrote: August 17th, 2022, 12:08 am Fun fact for those who don't know. Betelgeuse being over 500 light years away, it would have had to blow up around 1500AD for us to see it in our lifetime.

edit: Worth mentioning most Scientists think Betelgeuse still has some many thousands of years remaining. IIRC it expands to its limit until the helium runs out when it suddenly collapses. Then its mass decides what happens next. It can become one of several forms of a small point of extreme gravity or explode outward. If it was about to supernova it should already be collapsing which I don't think it appears to be.

Of course this is the first time we have modern instruments up there, so a lot of what they are working from is based on calculations and theory. So surprises are never out of the question.

edit2: Got me thinking about how long the collapse would actually take and what it would look like to us.

Betelgeuse is approximated to be nearly as far out as our Jupiter which is about 1 light year. So even at speed of light it would take a full year for the edges to return to the center. Known matter just doesn't travel at that speed. Anyway Helium is the expansive phase, then it starts shrinking:

"massive star runs out of hydrogen in its core, it switches to helium, then carbon, then neon, all the way up the periodic table of elements until it reaches iron. The problem is that iron doesn't produce energy through the fusion process"

So how long does shrinking/collapse stage take? Ok so I was guessing about 1/3 the speed of light which is about the limit of any matter, but this guy says 23% the speed of light.

"The outer edges of the core collapse inward at about 23% the speed of light. In just a quarter of a second, infalling material bounces off the iron core of the star, creating a shockwave of matter propagating outward. This shockwave can take a couple of hours to reach the surface."

It would 4 years for Betelgeuse to collapse and travel from its edge by Jupiter back to its center. But I think the critical mass explosion would start happening before its 100% returned. Assuming it would only take a fraction of its mass returning that would shrink the 4 year trip down to say what 1/10th. So might dim spectacularly and change color (as it switches elements) for a few weeks or month before exploding. This has been interesting, thanks for bringing this up.

Either way should be interesting and hopefully will happen any minute! I for one, am done with earth experiment. We have proven that with us in charge evil will always win. I personally don't need anymore painful evidence that any system or person will always fail to save us from ourselves.
Yes I know its radius is said to be the equivalent of being out to Jupiter's orbit, but that is not a light year out.

To give context, the Voyager probes are said to be way beyond Neptune and Pluto, but their signals take about a day to reach us. That's nowhere near a light year and they are supposed to be far further away than Jupiter.

LostCreekAcres
captain of 100

Post by LostCreekAcres »

Subcomandante wrote: August 15th, 2022, 9:28 pm
Jules wrote: August 15th, 2022, 9:16 pm Here's one YT channel showing a live feed:
No one really knows when it will go off. It could go off today, tomorrow, or in several thousand years.

But when it does go off, the sighting will be spectacular. A star that would have naked eye visibility in the daytime, and potentially outshine the full moon for a couple of weeks.

Your end statement reminded me of a dream I had March 15, 2018. Notes:

I don’t often have rational or explainable dreams. However, last night I had what, to me, would seem especially strange. I first remember dreaming early on the thought, “What happened to Albert’s dooms-day?” Our friend from church, Albert, has been touting the idea that March 15, 2018 was going to be “the end” of it all. He would not go into specifics, but was quite agitated about this date. He didn’t relay that information to me specifically, but rather to my husband. I really hadn’t thought anything of it, except as a curiosity. That was a few weeks ago. So, again, I thought about Albert’s doomsday.
Then I continued sleeping. Seems like it was quite a while later, I dreamed that I was riding in a car full of people (can’t say who, but didn’t feel like complete strangers). Seems there were more than 1 car and perhaps (husband) was in another - I think. We were driving together at night. I remember looking out the window and seeing across from each other a really bright star and a full moon. Can’t recall which was on the right or left. Don’t recall seeing any other stars in the sky.
It was at that moment that I heard something, but could not identify where it was coming from. Seemed to be an outside noise, but everyone in the car was chatting and I couldn’t understand it or tell from whence it came. I heard it a second time and again thought, “What is that?” Everyone then acknowledged it and it sounded to me like (Guessing here) Nueve Estrella. I don’t know Spanish. I remember thinking in the dream, why Spanish? I wasn’t even sure of the spelling this morning, but was fairly certain that was right. I think I continued to sleep through the remainder of the morning, but those two words just kept repeating in my head until I woke up. Seems like they repeated several times. I kept forgetting the second word. When I woke up, I thought maybe it was Estr(u)ella. However, could not find any definition for that and am now fairly confident that it was Estrella.
After seeing the sign and hearing the voice, it seemed everyone drove to what I thought was a church building. There were others there and we all talked about what we had seen and heard. That was it. Unsure what, if any, meaning there was meant to be deciphered by me, but I find it all very interesting. I’ll be praying to know if there is meaning in it for me. Also, very curious to me… why in Spanish? Perhaps because just seeing a star and moon would not have provoked my curiosity to dig deeper and find meaning. Hearing two words that were foreign to me, caused me to dig for their definitions and then for symbolism in those two words. ?
So, on pondering about this dream this morning, I relayed it to (husband) and decided to look up definitions for the symbols I saw.

NUEVA = NEW
Think this is what I heard NUEVA ESTRELLA
I’M THINKING THIS IS WHAT I HEARD
estrella nueva
NEW STAR

So, nothing earth shattering, but a strange dream for me for sure.

FYI as a reminder -
The Prophet Joseph Smith described another sign: "[T]hen will appear one grand sign of the Son of Man in heaven. But what will the world do? They will say it is a planet, a comet, etc." (Teachings, pp. 286-287). Thus, we should be aware that eclipses and comets are not just random events, but are sometimes given as signs of the times.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

A sign in the heavens that all men would see together?

Let’s roll. 😉

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

LostCreekAcres wrote: August 17th, 2022, 12:46 pm

I don’t often have rational or explainable dreams. However, last night I had what, to me, would seem especially strange. I first remember dreaming early on the thought, “What happened to Albert’s dooms-day?” Our friend from church, Albert, has been touting the idea that March 15, 2018 was going to be “the end” of it all. He would not go into specifics, but was quite agitated about this date. He didn’t relay that information to me specifically, but rather to my husband. I really hadn’t thought anything of it, except as a curiosity. That was a few weeks ago. So, again, I thought about Albert’s doomsday.
Then I continued sleeping. Seems like it was quite a while later, I dreamed that I was riding in a car full of people (can’t say who, but didn’t feel like complete strangers). Seems there were more than 1 car and perhaps (husband) was in another - I think. We were driving together at night. I remember looking out the window and seeing across from each other a really bright star and a full moon. Can’t recall which was on the right or left. Don’t recall seeing any other stars in the sky.
It was at that moment that I heard something, but could not identify where it was coming from. Seemed to be an outside noise, but everyone in the car was chatting and I couldn’t understand it or tell from whence it came. I heard it a second time and again thought, “What is that?” Everyone then acknowledged it and it sounded to me like (Guessing here) Nueve Estrella. I don’t know Spanish. I remember thinking in the dream, why Spanish? I wasn’t even sure of the spelling this morning, but was fairly certain that was right. I think I continued to sleep through the remainder of the morning, but those two words just kept repeating in my head until I woke up. Seems like they repeated several times. I kept forgetting the second word. When I woke up, I thought maybe it was Estr(u)ella. However, could not find any definition for that and am now fairly confident that it was Estrella.
After seeing the sign and hearing the voice, it seemed everyone drove to what I thought was a church building. There were others there and we all talked about what we had seen and heard. That was it. Unsure what, if any, meaning there was meant to be deciphered by me, but I find it all very interesting. I’ll be praying to know if there is meaning in it for me. Also, very curious to me… why in Spanish? Perhaps because just seeing a star and moon would not have provoked my curiosity to dig deeper and find meaning. Hearing two words that were foreign to me, caused me to dig for their definitions and then for symbolism in those two words. ?
So, on pondering about this dream this morning, I relayed it to (husband) and decided to look up definitions for the symbols I saw.

NUEVA = NEW
estrella nueva
NEW STAR

FYI as a reminder -
The Prophet Joseph Smith described another sign: "[T]hen will appear one grand sign of the Son of Man in heaven. But what will the world do? They will say it is a planet, a comet, etc." (Teachings, pp. 286-287). Thus, we should be aware that eclipses and comets are not just random events, but are sometimes given as signs of the times.
Nueve Estrella(s) would mean nine stars. Maybe you heard "Nueva Estrella" which means new star.

Senkyoshi
captain of 50

Post by Senkyoshi »

"Betelgeuse going Supernova any second!!"

Waiting.....

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

hedgehog wrote: August 17th, 2022, 12:08 am Fun fact for those who don't know. Betelgeuse being over 500 light years away, it would have had to blow up around 1500AD for us to see it in our lifetime.

From the Sun to Jupiter is:

0.000078415 light years

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Just as a small correction, Jupiter is about 45 light-minutes away from the Sun. Earth is about 8 light minutes away.

A light year would essentially go to the outer layer of the Oort cloud.

Senkyoshi
captain of 50

Post by Senkyoshi »

Senkyoshi wrote: August 18th, 2022, 1:22 pm "Betelgeuse going Supernova any second!!"

Waiting.....
Still waiting...

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Betelgeuse Turned BLUE

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Approx 12:50

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Betelgeuse Turned BLUE

Post by endlessQuestions »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 10th, 2022, 12:08 pm Approx 12:50
What are the implications?

Are we sure it's not just a rotating filter on the camera (to show a different property or something)?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

hedgehog wrote: August 17th, 2022, 12:08 am
Fun fact for those who don't know. Betelgeuse being over 500 light years away, it would have had to blow up around 1500AD for us to see it in our lifetime.

i am an absolute novice when it comes to astronomy/astrophysics, so... please let me know if i'm being stupid . :)

So, are now seeing the condition of Betelgeuse in 1500AD? so... if we see it explode, how long would it take for any effect to be felt on earth? How much of that energy would be experienced in our sphere?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

LostCreekAcres wrote: August 17th, 2022, 12:46 pm

NUEVA = NEW
estrella nueva
NEW STAR

FYI as a reminder -
comment from the far side;

Planet Niburu is Kolob?

I was shown a vision many years ago of a dark ruddish planet that was in the sky, maybe twice as large as the moon and then a symbol formed over the surface, the Star of David. As it passes the earth, a white snowy looking material falls into our atmosphere and it causes great fear. I still don't know what to think of it.