Where are my concubines?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Re: Where are my concubines?

Post by Baurak Ale »

Shawn Henry wrote: August 11th, 2022, 4:08 pm
Baurak Ale wrote: August 11th, 2022, 3:31 pm the iron rod is the living word of God to those who have the Holy Ghost.
It's important to note that the 'living word' becomes living when that word is established in the mouth of two or three witnesses.

This happens in two ways. The first can be, as you said, when the Holy Spirit confirms. This however is personal and not binding upon the church. We can't make the case that the king Follet discourse is binding upon the church. The second way is when a word does become binding upon the whole church by the originator of the revelation testifying that it is an actual revelation and by putting it forth as the word of God for the whole church and it is confirmed by witnesses who were actually called by God to be witnesses as were Oliver and Sydney.

One thing we have for sure failed at as a church is in Joseph's teaching that we recognize a false revelation by its contradicting a former revelation. Our new standard has become, 'If Joseph teaches it, S-can the previous revelation'.
Regarding the transmutation of revelation into the “living word,” I disagree that witnesses are needed. What’s truth is truth and the Holy Ghost can bear record of it to an individual regardless of who they are.

I do agree that for scripture to be binding on the church it needs to go through an obvious process. But that does not confine truth to those things written. What if there was a lesser portion of God’s fuller laws codified in such a way? The fuller law would be forever out of reach because the church said so? Out of reach of the church, sure, until they repent and allow for the greater word.

Contradicting a former revelation only goes so far as commands from angels are concerned. The specific “teaching” you refer to has to do with detecting false spirits, not defining false doctrine.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Luke wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 4:09 pm A concubine is just a wife taken without a ceremony, and generally without a sealing.
So basically adultery

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Alexander wrote: August 11th, 2022, 5:47 pm
Luke wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 4:09 pm A concubine is just a wife taken without a ceremony, and generally without a sealing.
So basically adultery
Hmmm…. no

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Luke wrote: August 12th, 2022, 2:15 am
So basically adultery
Hmmm…. no
No ceremony, no formal marriage, no “sealing”; and then you have sex.

That’s essentially adultery bud.

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Post by Baurak Ale »

Alexander wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:37 am
So basically adultery
Hmmm…. no

That’s adultery bud.
There’s a scriptural case to be made that adultery can only occur if the woman was married. Otherwise, as long as the man pays the dowry, no ceremony or formal proceedings needed to occur beyond the consummative act. Of course that legally won’t fly today, but we’re talking about Old Testament practices.

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Baurak Ale wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:43 am

So basically adultery
Hmmm…. no

That’s adultery bud.
There’s a scriptural case to be made that adultery can only occur if the woman was married. Otherwise, as long as the man pays the dowry, no ceremony or formal proceedings needed to occur beyond the consummative act. Of course that legally won’t fly today, but we’re talking about Old Testament practices.
So basically prostitution too

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Post by Baurak Ale »

Alexander wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:37 pm

Hmmm…. no

That’s adultery bud.
Well, no, because prostitution would imply selling her body as a reusable commodity to multiple buyers with no commitment outside the financial remuneration.

What the law provided for was the lifelong commitment of the one man providing for some degree of needs for the non-married woman with whom he consummated the act. He could further elevate her status to wife to entitle her and her posterity to inheritance rights, among other things.

If your definition of prostitution is the merely the trading of provisions by the man for access to sex by the woman, then all traditional Christian marriages fall under that label to some degree. As this is obviously not the case, calling concubinage prostitution is also incorrect.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Baurak Ale wrote: August 13th, 2022, 8:47 am
Alexander wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:37 pm

That’s adultery bud.
Well, no, because prostitution would imply selling her body as a reusable commodity to multiple buyers with no commitment outside the financial remuneration.

What the law provided for was the lifelong commitment of the one man providing for some degree of needs for the non-married woman with whom he consummated the act. He could further elevate her status to wife to entitle her and her posterity to inheritance rights, among other things.

If your definition of prostitution is the merely the trading of provisions by the man for access to sex by the woman, then all traditional Christian marriages fall under that label to some degree. As this is obviously not the case, calling concubinage prostitution is also incorrect.
It's also worth pointing out here, that Abraham and Jacob's "concubines" were also referred to as wives. So a concubine is most definitely a legitimate wife in the eyes of God, not a mistress or a prostitute.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Why does everyone want to dissect D&C 132 for only polygamy? There is so much more going on in that section, like the workings of heaven.

Shawn Henry, class divisions would also imply by race.

Young earth believers will tell you carbon dating is wrong but when the carbon dating agrees with biblical stories then they will use it as proof.

Two of the three races are much older, the youngest race is Caucasoid.

Back to classifications in heaven.

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Artaxerxes wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 4:07 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:59 pm Did the Lord make a mistake when he chose the introduction to one of his holiest doctrines?

In the very first verse of Section 132 the Lord seems to title the name of the doctrine in this section as "the principle and doctrine" of having "many wives and concubines". He does not start the section off with any other name or title. So, this is the Lord's title.

Why does this principle and doctrine include concubines? Wouldn't the Lord exclude this as part of the doctrine?

Shouldn't we expect the Lord to be against concubinage and any tiered caste system where people are less than? Granted, not all concubines are sex slaves, but many indeed are. Some concubines in some cultures are male. Perhaps this is a foot in the door for homosexuals, but that is another topic.

But wait......concubines are indeed righteous, when given by the Lord.

"Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness"...

So, why was only half of the principle and doctrine restored?

The answer is obvious: When the marvelous work and a wonder resumes and the heavens open up again, the Lord will reinstate this doctrine in its fulness. All things will be restored, and it again will be the doctrine of concubines.
An Israelite concubine, or pilegesh, is not what people think it is. It is similar to the European idea of a morganatic marriage, and not anything like sex slavery.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilegesh
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morganatic_marriage
"concubinage isn't anything like sex slavery"

Jacob 2
31 For behold, I, the Lord, have seen the sorrow, and heard the mourning of the daughters of my people in the land of Jerusalem, yea, and in all the lands of my people, because of the wickedness and abominations of their husbands.
32 And I will not suffer, saith the Lord of Hosts, that the cries of the fair daughters of this people, which I have led out of the land of Jerusalem, shall come up unto me against the men of my people, saith the Lord of Hosts.
33 For they shall not lead away captive the daughters of my people because of their tenderness, save I shall visit them with a sore curse, even unto destruction; for they shall not commit awhoredoms, like unto them of old, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Alexander wrote: September 16th, 2022, 10:14 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:59 pm Did the Lord make a mistake when he chose the introduction to one of his holiest doctrines?

In the very first verse of Section 132 the Lord seems to title the name of the doctrine in this section as "the principle and doctrine" of having "many wives and concubines". He does not start the section off with any other name or title. So, this is the Lord's title.

Why does this principle and doctrine include concubines? Wouldn't the Lord exclude this as part of the doctrine?

Shouldn't we expect the Lord to be against concubinage and any tiered caste system where people are less than? Granted, not all concubines are sex slaves, but many indeed are. Some concubines in some cultures are male. Perhaps this is a foot in the door for homosexuals, but that is another topic.

"Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness"...

The answer is obvious: When the marvelous work and a wonder resumes and the heavens open up again, the Lord will reinstate this doctrine in its fulness. All things will be restored, and it again will be the doctrine of concubines.
An Israelite concubine, or pilegesh, is not what people think it is. It is similar to the European idea of a morganatic marriage, and not anything like sex slavery.

Jacob 2
31 For behold, I, the Lord, have seen the sorrow, and heard the mourning of the daughters of my people in the land of Jerusalem, yea, and in all the lands of my people, because of the wickedness and abominations of their husbands.
32 And I will not suffer, saith the Lord of Hosts, that the cries of the fair daughters of this people, which I have led out of the land of Jerusalem, shall come up unto me against the men of my people, saith the Lord of Hosts.
33 For they shall not lead away captive the daughters of my people because of their tenderness, save I shall visit them with a sore curse, even unto destruction; for they shall not commit awhoredoms, like unto them of old, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Ctrl+F "concubine"
"No results"

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Artaxerxes wrote: September 16th, 2022, 10:21 pm

Jacob 2
33 For they shall not lead away captive the daughters of my people because of their tenderness, save I shall visit them with a sore curse, even unto destruction; for they shall not commit whoredoms, like unto them of old, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Ctrl+F "concubine"
"No results"
You're joking. You're not actually this dense.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Alexander wrote: September 16th, 2022, 10:26 pm

Jacob 2
33 For they shall not lead away captive the daughters of my people because of their tenderness, save I shall visit them with a sore curse, even unto destruction; for they shall not commit whoredoms, like unto them of old, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Ctrl+F "concubine"
"No results"
"This thing that doesn't actually talk about the thing we're talking about is OBVIOUSLY meaning whatever it is I want it to say."

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Artaxerxes wrote: September 17th, 2022, 12:23 am

Jacob 2

Ctrl+F "concubine"
"No results"
"This thing that doesn't actually talk about the thing we're talking about is OBVIOUSLY meaning whatever it is I want it to say."
“I can’t read.”

It literally says the Nephites indulged in polygamy and concubinage, and then Jacob calls it slavery.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Shawn Henry wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:59 pm

Where are your concubines?

Be patient, They'll be along now shortly.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Alexander wrote: September 17th, 2022, 9:22 am

Ctrl+F "concubine"
"No results"
“I can’t read.”

It literally says the Nephites indulged in polygamy and concubinage, and then Jacob calls it slavery.
It's an epic street fight of monumental proportions involving David, Abraham, Jacob (BOM), Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, Lorenzo Snow and a cast of a hundred including quotes of the mercurial word of God.

Watch as arm chair experts psychically discern the state of mind of each of these participants and authoritatively judge the veracity or lack thereof of each Man's spiritual guidance. revelations, and visions. Enjoy the drama as each man's salvation will be determined by these gifted onlookers possessed with the personal guidance of extraordinary discernment.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another episode of "The Days of our lives in the Everlasting Covenant of blasphemous Patriarchal Polygyny".

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Ctrl+F "concubine"
"No results"
“I can’t read.”

It “literally” doesn’t.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

FrankOne wrote: September 17th, 2022, 10:30 am

“I can’t read.”

It's an epic street fight of monumental proportions involving David, Abraham, Jacob (BOM), Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, Lorenzo Snow and a cast of a hundred including quotes of the mercurial word of God.

Watch as arm chair experts psychically discern the state of mind of each of these participants and authoritatively judge the veracity or lack thereof of each Man's spiritual guidance. revelations, and visions. Enjoy the drama as each man's salvation will be determined by these gifted onlookers possessed with the personal guidance of extraordinary discernment.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another episode of "The Days of our lives in the Everlasting Covenant of blasphemous Patriarchal Polygyny".
Now that was some great writing! 😂😂😂

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

FrankOne wrote: September 17th, 2022, 10:20 am Where are your concubines?

I do hope that those who speed read through threads slowed down enough to recognize my words as satire.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Shawn Henry wrote: September 17th, 2022, 11:21 am

I do hope that those who speed read through threads slowed down enough to recognize my words as satire.
yah, I thought they were satire but I also am proposing that the future will not be what we believe it will be ..so, I made a joke out of it all with the innuendo that what we dislike may actually occur. (concubines/polygamy).

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Luke wrote: September 17th, 2022, 11:13 am

“I can’t read.”

It “literally” doesn’t.
Oh?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Ctrl+F "concubine"
"No results"
“I can’t read.”

Unfortunately, that's not the only thing he was talking about. You're forcing an interpretation on the text that just isn't there.

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

Shawn Henry wrote: September 17th, 2022, 11:21 am

Where are your concubines? Just start your own church.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

FrankOne wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 5:43 pmThe salient point for me is.... "Why would God make a class of distinction at all?" . Here in this modern day, why have concubines and why is it in a scripture which goes on about eternal progression? Could concubinage be a sort of stepping stone for women even in an eternal existence? Interesting.
You seem to be the only one open to actually finding out the true doctrine, because of your willingness to consider the eternal application played out here in relationship to ones place upon the Path. Though I state the true doctrine as a matter of fact, ownership of this Principle of Concubinage can only be obtained by personal prayer and revelation.

When a Fourth Estate man marries a Second Estate women, she does not have a birthright, an inheritance, or kingdom (rights to posterity). If she prove faithful here (Telestial Creation), comes forth in the Morning of the First Resurrection (Third Estate, Terrestrial Creation) and if she keeps her Vows there, and chooses to move forward (by laying down her body in hopes of obtaining a greater Resurrection), she passes on unto the Fourth Estate (She's arrives to the Celestial portion of her Creation). She must come down through the 'Doctrine of Eternal Lives' in future Creations, as a Ministering Angle when out of the body, and when in a body, as a Fourth Estate Being, who seems to others around her, to be much older and wiser in spirit then others. She has a Mission Given her by G_d and possible her King/Husband, and even at times, she may come down for her posterity's sake. Like all Fourth Estate Beings, she shall work on her own weaknesses and short comings while serving others. If her King falls, she must come down into a world like this (hell), and be resealed up (along with her posterity) unto a new King, for marriage is given in this world, not the world to come. If after running the Fourth Estate Path to its end, if her Kings have all fallen, she is given unto a King, Father/G_d reveals one who will make it (like when all of King David's wives are given to another in the latter days to His servant, many call the Davidic Servant (DS). Of course, they must all come down here in that Dispensation and be resealed up unto this new King, by one having the Sealing Keys and Authority to receive that Revelation as to each Daughter of G_d status before the Throne of G_d. Though Posterity initially follows the women in these Creations, IF/when they come of age in the Eternities, one's Daughter will follow her own King, and one's Son is Sealed up unto his own Heavenly/Eternal Father. The is the 'True Order of Heaven of Sealings', agency is never surrendered yet what the Most High G_d ordains will ALWAYS bring the most perfect joy and happiness, which is Celestial Glory.

When a women arrives to the Fourth Estate, if her King, the one whom she married here in her Second Estate, has not fallen off the Path, She may then chose to now be one of his wives, she will then have a Kingdom, and hopefully her Posterity. She is now on the Path to one day have a inheritance if she proves valiant. The Path is still longer before her then behind her. Offices according to different creations (if necessary), she shall move from a Wife unto a Princess, and even possibly to a Queen.

So the answer to the question, 'Is there different statuses or classes of Beings in the Celestial Kingdom?' A cursory reading of D&C 132 points out that those women who do not live this Law (N&EC of Marriage) shall remain single and separate, and shall be a servant unto those who are worthy of an Eternal Weight and Increase in Glory. There are female servants in the Celestial Kingdom, so yes there is different statuses or classes of Beings in the Celestial Kingdom.

Shalom

(So the OP is quit silly... "Where are my concubines?" No man in his right mind is going to seek out a wife whom he actually is not equally yoke with! Yet, Fourth Estate women do it all the time, hoping to help many times her new King whom ACT much younger than her, and who often is younger spiritually!)

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: September 18th, 2022, 1:46 am this Principle of Concubinage can only be obtained by personal prayer and revelation from the devil
I made your statement much more accurate and to the point. :D