Freemasonry Resource

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Freemasonry Resource

Post by endlessQuestions »

I am, at the moment, agnostic regarding Freemasonry. I’m trying to come to some firm conclusions, but as with most things, will likely not.

This is a decidedly negative view, but interesting.

https://wandaalger.me/wp-content/upload ... BIND-2.pdf

I know we have at least one Freemason expert on the board. Feel free to chime in should you desire. Or not. Just wanted to drop this here for easy access in the future.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: Freemasonry Resource

Post by FoundMyEden »

Page not found

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FoundMyEden wrote: December 15th, 2022, 8:41 pm Page not found
A key relationship may unfold here: viewtopic.php?t=68916

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I looked at her stuff. Same old charges made against Freemasonry from time in memorial. It takes the Masonic rituals and misrepresents them as some sort of church or religious experience and a replacement for the Freemason's faith traditions.

The difference here being she gives very specific rituals to "free" oneself from the "curse" of Freemasonry . This is a rather interesting and sort of "masonic" approach, but it would seem to play into her overall use of spoken and very endowment like covenants. She provides scripts for a wide range of such covenants and not just on Freemasonry.

I suspect that should she know about the Latter Day Saint general focus on and use of covenants she would turn her attention to us as well.

A far better source for information of this nature would be the following more reliable and well documented books:

Robinson John J. 1993. A Pilgrim's Path : Freemasonry and the Religious Right. New York: M. Evans.

Robinson John J. 1989. Born in Blood : The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry. New York: M. Evans.

Duncan Malcolm C. 2013. Duncan's Masonic Ritual and Monitor : Guide to the Three Symbolic Degrees of the Ancient York Rite and to the Degrees of Mark Master Past Master Most Excellent Master and the Royal Arch. New York: Crown.

This last work is a reprinting of a mid-19th century Masonic ritual similar to the one that Joseph Smith, Jr. and his contemporaries would have employed. While there are minor variations in the ritual from one Grand Lodge to another on this whole this ritual book reflect both past and current Masonic ritual usage as well as originating from a reliable publisher on the topic.

If you want to really deep dive into Masonic writings in all is esoteric levels the Masonic publisher Lewis Masonic https://www.lewismasonic.co.uk is a good source if somewhat focused on Masonic practice in the United Kingdom.

Be warned however that Freemasonry is not a top down organization and no one is authorized to speak authoritatively on the subject no matter how grand a Masonic title they might employ, for example Albert Pike use of "Sovereign Grand Commander". The writing of any author, including Pike or myself, are only the opinions of that author and are not binding upon other Freemasons.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

gkearney wrote: December 16th, 2022, 2:52 am I looked at her stuff. Same old charges made against Freemasonry from time in memorial. It takes the Masonic rituals and misrepresents them as some sort of church or religious experience and a replacement for the Freemason's faith traditions.

The difference here being she gives very specific rituals to "free" oneself from the "curse" of Freemasonry . This is a rather interesting and sort of "masonic" approach, but it would seem to play into her overall use of spoken and very endowment like covenants. She provides scripts for a wide range of such covenants and not just on Freemasonry.

I suspect that should she know about the Latter Day Saint general focus on and use of covenants she would turn her attention to us as well.

A far better source for information of this nature would be the following more reliable and well documented books:

Robinson John J. 1993. A Pilgrim's Path : Freemasonry and the Religious Right. New York: M. Evans.

Robinson John J. 1989. Born in Blood : The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry. New York: M. Evans.

Duncan Malcolm C. 2013. Duncan's Masonic Ritual and Monitor : Guide to the Three Symbolic Degrees of the Ancient York Rite and to the Degrees of Mark Master Past Master Most Excellent Master and the Royal Arch. New York: Crown.

This last work is a reprinting of a mid-19th century Masonic ritual similar to the one that Joseph Smith, Jr. and his contemporaries would have employed. While there are minor variations in the ritual from one Grand Lodge to another on this whole this ritual book reflect both past and current Masonic ritual usage as well as originating from a reliable publisher on the topic.

If you want to really deep dive into Masonic writings in all is esoteric levels the Masonic publisher Lewis Masonic https://www.lewismasonic.co.uk is a good source if somewhat focused on Masonic practice in the United Kingdom.

Be warned however that Freemasonry is not a top down organization and no one is authorized to speak authoritatively on the subject no matter how grand a Masonic title they might employ, for example Albert Pike use of "Sovereign Grand Commander". The writing of any author, including Pike or myself, are only the opinions of that author and are not binding upon other Freemasons.
Are you aware that George Washington was under the impression that the Illuminati were in the process of taking over the Freemasons?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

endlessismyname wrote: July 20th, 2022, 4:07 pm I’m trying to come to some firm conclusions, but as with most things, will likely not.
Amen to this statement.

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

Can a Christian have two masters? What need could he have for Freemasonary if he has Jesus of Nazerath as his Lord?

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

TheChristian wrote: December 16th, 2022, 10:39 am Can a Christian have two masters? What need could he have for Freemasonary if he has Jesus of Nazerath as his Lord?
Freemasonry is not a religion. It does not offer salvation in this life or the next it's a fraternal, social and charitable organization.

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

Its a "Universal Religion" It has a plan of Salvation/Exhaltation.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

gkearney wrote: December 16th, 2022, 10:56 am
TheChristian wrote: December 16th, 2022, 10:39 am Can a Christian have two masters? What need could he have for Freemasonary if he has Jesus of Nazerath as his Lord?
Freemasonry is not a religion. It does not offer salvation in this life or the next it's a fraternal, social and charitable organization.
Attachments
FibK-1vXoAE6QCp.jpg
FibK-1vXoAE6QCp.jpg (97.72 KiB) Viewed 207 times

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:07 pm
Well clearly, Pike was just lying. 🙄

Also….
“Lucifer, the Light-bearer… Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the light, with its splendors intolerable and blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!”
Pike, Morals and Dogma, p. 321

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Mamabear wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Also….
“Lucifer, the Light-bearer… Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the light, with its splendors intolerable and blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!”
As I said before Pike has no more authority to speak for Freemasonry as a whole than anyone else does. There are many masonic authors who take great exception to what Albert Pike wrote including myself.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

gkearney wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:56 pm

Also….
As I said before Pike has no more authority to speak for Freemasonry as a whole than anyone else does. There are many masonic authors who take great exception to what Albert Pike wrote including myself.
By your own logic and admission, we should assume that what you say is BS. But you keep using your admitted BS personal authority to discredit Freemasons much higher up the ladder than you.

Let's try another one:
Attachments
FibK-1wXoAAXIAh.jpg
FibK-1wXoAAXIAh.jpg (68.81 KiB) Viewed 159 times

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 16th, 2022, 1:26 pm
gkearney wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:56 pm

Also….
By your own logic and admission, we should assume that what you say is BS. But you keep using your admitted BS personal authority to discredit Freemasons much higher up the ladder than you.

Let's try another one:

There are only three degrees of Freemasonry and all Mason are equal within that. Those so call "higher degrees' impart no more authority to the recipient than that of a any Master Mason (and I have done both the Scottish and York Rites myself.) The Scottish and York rite bodies are under the direct control of the various Grand Lodges, those Grand Lodges are made up of all the Master Mason in their jurisdiction. Like Albert Pike, Manly Hall can say what ever he likes but it is all just his opinion on the matter. He had no authority over any Mason or Masonic body, he was never a Grand Master of a Grand Lodge which is a "high up the ladder" as one can get in Masonry.

Appeals to any Masonic authority beyond that of The Ancient Charges of a Freemason fall into the realm of speculation and opinion. There simply is no higher authority than that of the Grand Lodge be it a national one such as is found in England or the State and Provincial Grand Lodges found in North America. I could trot out my York and Scottish Rite credentials but I do not do so because I know they are meaningless in establishing any kind of authority over my bother Masons or their lodges.

https://nebula.wsimg.com/8dc2d61585184a ... position=0