satan's plan

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Re: satan's plan

Post by Artaxerxes »

Being There wrote: July 19th, 2022, 7:10 pm What is satan's plan,
and who's part of it ?
He didn't have one. Not a real plan. This is basically what it was:

Step 1: Make me your god.
Step 2: ??????
Step 3: Profit!!!

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Alaris wrote: July 28th, 2022, 12:49 am 2 ... I thought it was three. There are three Gods... The Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
Joseph and the church cleared this issue when they made canon the Lectures on Faith and made it the 'doctrine' portion of the D&C.

There are only two personages in the Godhead. The Holy Ghost is simply the mind of God.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

In Isaiah 14 we learn that Lucifer will have a physical body, how else is he cast out of his grave? It is likely that all his followers have the ability to get a body.

Our traditions of our fathers don't align with the scriptural narrative. One has to give.

The spirits of the Nephilim, these giants with six fingers on each hand, were not the spirits who followed Christ.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

In the creation account we learn God places enmity between Satan's seed and Eve's seed, so at face value, Satan has physical offspring.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Shawn Henry wrote: July 29th, 2022, 11:16 am
Alaris wrote: July 28th, 2022, 12:49 am 2 ... I thought it was three. There are three Gods... The Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
Joseph and the church cleared this issue when they made canon the Lectures on Faith and made it the 'doctrine' portion of the D&C.

There are only two personages in the Godhead. The Holy Ghost is simply the mind of God.
HOLY GHOST is A HE

“The Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has.” (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245; Sabbath address, Nauvoo, 27 August 1843. Reported by Franklin D. Richards.)

Joseph Smith (President)

But the Holy Ghost is yet a spiritual body and waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did or as God did or the gods before them took bodies; for the Savior says the work that my Father did do I also. . . . He took himself a body and then laid down his life that he might take it up again. (The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 382; standardized)

Joseph Smith Diary (kept by Willard Richards)

[A]gain reverted to Elders Hyde mistake. &c. the Father has a body of flesh & bones as tangible as mans the Son also, but the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit—and a person cannot have the personage of the H G in his heart[.] [H]e may receive the gift of the holy Ghost. It may descend upon him but not to tarry with him[.]* (Words of Joseph Smith, p.173)

Joseph the Seer taught the following principle that the God & father of our Lord Jesus Christ was once the same as the Son or Holy Ghost but having redeemed a world he had a son Jesus Christ who redeemed this earth the same as his father had a world which made them equal & the Holy Ghost would to the same when in his turn & so would all the Saints who inherited a Celestial glory so their would be Gods many & Lords many their were many mansions even 12 from the abode of Devils to the Celestial glory. ~ Wilford Woodruff, Book of Revelations.

Certainly the Holy Ghost is an office just as the Messiah is an office.

“Peter and Stephen testify that they saw the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God. Any person that had seen the heavens opened knows that there are three personages in the heavens who hold the keys of power, and one presides over all.” Joseph Smith History of the Church vol 5, p426

“Everlasting covenant was made between three personages before the organization of this earth and relates to their dispensation of things to men on the earth. These personages … are called God the first, the Creator; God the second, the Redeemer; and God the third, the Witness or Testator.”(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 190)

“[It is] the province of the Father to preside as the Chief or President, Jesus as the Mediator, and the Holy Ghost as the Testator or Witness. The Son [has] a tabernacle and so [does] the Father, but the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit without tabernacle.” (“Chapter 2: God the Eternal Father,” Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, (2007),36–44

“The scripture says, ‘I and my Father are one’ [John 10:30], and again that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are one, and these three agree in the same thing [see 1 John 5:7–8]. So did the Savior pray to the Father, ‘I pray not for the world, but for those whom ye gave me out of the world, that we might be one,’ or to say, be of one mind in the unity of the faith [see John 17:9, 11]. But everyone being a different or separate person, so are God and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost separate persons, but they all agree in one or the selfsame thing.” ~ Joseph Smith

“I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods” (Joseph Smith, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith [2007], 41–42).

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... odruff-b/1

1 Nephi 11:1 For it came to pass after I had desired to know the things that my father had seen, and believing that the Lord was able to make them known unto me, as I sat pondering in mine heart I was caught away in the Spirit of the Lord, yea, into an exceedingly high mountain, which I never had before seen, and upon which I never had before set my foot.
2 And the Spirit said unto me: Behold, what desirest thou?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

and who's part of it ?
To invert ALLLLLLL aspects of good.
Good question... who's part of it?
By their fruits...... :?:

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Alaris wrote: July 29th, 2022, 12:13 pm HOLY GHOST is A HE
How does your list of non-canonical quotes affect what is canon?

The Lectures of Faith are the scriptures throughout Joseph's ministry. He had them canonized. He said here or he said there quotes, whether actually said or not, are not scripture.

Perhaps you have played cards with a trump suit, trump always wins.

The entire point of having scripture is so that we can have a foundation to build on and to test everything else.

Joseph's own standard for measuring truth is that previous given revelation is the standard. If anything contradicts a revelation we can know it is false.

The Lectures on Faith are very clear that there are only two personages in the Godhead and that the HG is the mind of God.

They also teach clearly that God is a spirit, which is taught by the Bible and the BoM.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

My personal belief. The Holy Ghost can be a he or she. It depends on the person who was born again and sanctified - their spirit was made holy, thus they are a holy ghost. The Holy Spirit on the other hand is what is in all and through all and the mind of God - that said, I think people use the terms interchangeably from time to time and like Paul Said in 1 Cor 2:16 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. So again, we have the Holy Spirit in us always if we are born again we have the Mind of Christ if we believe - it is the gift He gave us and the promise of our inheritance and what HE desires us to look like in life. To Shine as He did . He said He was/is the light of the world and then told us to be the light- He has given us many clues. We just have to believe. Thank God for His blood, for His mercy and His grace in not only cursing sin, but also in redeeming us to show us what we can be and how we can look like Him in this life.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Shawn Henry wrote: July 29th, 2022, 5:15 pm
Alaris wrote: July 29th, 2022, 12:13 pm HOLY GHOST is A HE
How does your list of non-canonical quotes affect what is canon?

The Lectures of Faith are the scriptures throughout Joseph's ministry. He had them canonized. He said here or he said there quotes, whether actually said or not, are not scripture.

Perhaps you have played cards with a trump suit, trump always wins.

The entire point of having scripture is so that we can have a foundation to build on and to test everything else.

Joseph's own standard for measuring truth is that previous given revelation is the standard. If anything contradicts a revelation we can know it is false.

The Lectures on Faith are very clear that there are only two personages in the Godhead and that the HG is the mind of God.

They also teach clearly that God is a spirit, which is taught by the Bible and the BoM.
Could we read and comprehend all that has been written from the days of Adam, on the relation of man to God and angels in a future state, we should know very little about it. Reading the experience of others, or the revelation given to them, can never give us a comprehensive view of our condition and true relation to God. Knowledge of these things can only be obtained by experience through the ordinances of God set forth for that purpose. Could you gaze into heaven five minutes, you would know more than you would by reading all that ever was written on the subject. ~ Joseph Smith

Ouch

Of actual scripture - let's just look at the New Testament:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you

Well ... That's ahhh... Hmmm .....

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

Long before I heard of Mormonism, I had encounters with the Saviour, I could not boast of any good works, but thru said encounters of undeserved mercy I most certainly believed in Jesus of Nazerath, that he was wonderfully alive and cared for all mankind...
I began to read the Bible, my christian friends told me things about God, heaven that I was not sure of there accuracy, yet who was I to question devout God fearing men whoms works were good and kindly...........
And so one nite I asked Jesus what He looked like in Heaven........
As I prayed this wonderfull influence fell apon me and I was filled with a joy and love indescribable, the room which was in darkness began to flood with a pure white light, but did not hurt my eyes....
A see thru person stood beside me were I prayed, it was from Him that power and glory enamated, amidst the light in the room was a swirl of vibrant color which swiftly transformed into a glorious scene.............
I seen the Lord Jesus and there was men around him dressed in white robes, the personage of Spirit from which the power and light came then said to me.........

"Look! Your Saviour and you can hold Him as one man holds another"

And so I Iooked again and then I realised amidst that glory that Jesus had a body of flesh in heaven, that we men were indeed created in His image, he had hair, eyes, beard, arms legs and so forth and the Angels in white robes also had bodies of flesh.......
Yet the Saviors flesh body shone with health and vibrancy, was perfection as was the Angels flesh bodies that surrounded Him........
I looked at the Spirit personage that was giving this vision and instruction whom was bearing record of Christ Jesus and flooding me with a great power and joy.....
He did not have a body of flesh, yet His spirit body resembled that of a mans nor did he resemble the Saviour in facial feature and it was given to me to know that He was the Holy Ghost, the comforter spoken of in the Gospel of John.....

And so I now knew that Jesus reigned in heaven with a perfect body of Flesh and that the Holy Ghost was a seperate being, a male, a being of Spirit whoms mission and glory was to testify of Christ Jesus ................

And I was shown all this by simply believing in this scripture.......

"Whosoever believes in Me and asks shall surely recieve"

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

TheChristian wrote: July 30th, 2022, 5:28 am Long before I heard of Mormonism, I had encounters with the Saviour, I could not boast of any good works, but thru said encounters of undeserved mercy I most certainly believed in Jesus of Nazerath, that he was wonderfully alive and cared for all mankind...
I began to read the Bible, my christian friends told me things about God, heaven that I was not sure of there accuracy, yet who was I to question devout God fearing men whoms works were good and kindly...........
And so one nite I asked Jesus what He looked like in Heaven........
As I prayed this wonderfull influence fell apon me and I was filled with a joy and love indescribable, the room which was in darkness began to flood with a pure white light, but did not hurt my eyes....
A see thru person stood beside me were I prayed, it was from Him that power and glory enamated, amidst the light in the room was a swirl of vibrant color which swiftly transformed into a glorious scene.............
I seen the Lord Jesus and there was men around him dressed in white robes, the personage of Spirit from which the power and light came then said to me.........

"Look! Your Saviour and you can hold Him as one man holds another"

And so I Iooked again and then I realised amidst that glory that Jesus had a body of flesh in heaven, that we men were indeed created in His image, he had hair, eyes, beard, arms legs and so forth and the Angels in white robes also had bodies of flesh.......
Yet the Saviors flesh body shone with health and vibrancy, was perfection as was the Angels flesh bodies that surrounded Him........
I looked at the Spirit personage that was giving this vision and instruction whom was bearing record of Christ Jesus and flooding me with a great power and joy.....
He did not have a body of flesh, yet His spirit body resembled that of a mans nor did he resemble the Saviour in facial feature and it was given to me to know that He was the Holy Ghost, the comforter spoken of in the Gospel of John.....

And so I now knew that Jesus reigned in heaven with a perfect body of Flesh and that the Holy Ghost was a seperate being, a male, a being of Spirit whoms mission and glory was to testify of Christ Jesus ................

And I was shown all this by simply believing in this scripture.......

"Whosoever believes in Me and asks shall surely recieve"
This /\

Lucifer
captain of 50

Post by Lucifer »

Well, My plan is working well, 89% of you and the world are truly having great progress in my kingdom. Bwahahaha.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

and who's part of it ?

One of the best descriptions I’ve read comes from the journal excerpts of a man who I believe has had genuine encounters with the Lord and with the spiritual realm.

Skip to page 71 to read about Satan’s Kingdom.

https://purerevelations.files.wordpress ... 202018.pdf

cab
captain of 1,000

Post by cab »

John Tavner wrote: July 29th, 2022, 8:06 pm My personal belief. The Holy Ghost can be a he or she. It depends on the person who was born again and sanctified - their spirit was made holy, thus they are a holy ghost. The Holy Spirit on the other hand is what is in all and through all and the mind of God - that said, I think people use the terms interchangeably from time to time and like Paul Said in 1 Cor 2:16 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. So again, we have the Holy Spirit in us always if we are born again we have the Mind of Christ if we believe - it is the gift He gave us and the promise of our inheritance and what HE desires us to look like in life. To Shine as He did . He said He was/is the light of the world and then told us to be the light- He has given us many clues. We just have to believe. Thank God for His blood, for His mercy and His grace in not only cursing sin, but also in redeeming us to show us what we can be and how we can look like Him in this life.

I believe that when we are subject to the preparatory gospel that the mind and will of God is delivered and ministered to us by angels. Thus, the “holy spirit” is given by and through the angels and is the mind and will and communication of God’s way to us…
Then once we are spiritually begotten, we then partake of that spirit, because our spirits have been quickened by it. We have it indwelling within us as the “kingdom of God is within” and “ye are temples” and tabernacles of the Holy Spirit because we are now made Holy and God is dwelling within us (made tabernacle within us) and we have now entered the gate and feast on the words of Christ and become angels ourselves, and been reconciled to the “Holy place” and the sanctuary of the most High.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

cab wrote: July 30th, 2022, 12:21 pm
John Tavner wrote: July 29th, 2022, 8:06 pm My personal belief. The Holy Ghost can be a he or she. It depends on the person who was born again and sanctified - their spirit was made holy, thus they are a holy ghost. The Holy Spirit on the other hand is what is in all and through all and the mind of God - that said, I think people use the terms interchangeably from time to time and like Paul Said in 1 Cor 2:16 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. So again, we have the Holy Spirit in us always if we are born again we have the Mind of Christ if we believe - it is the gift He gave us and the promise of our inheritance and what HE desires us to look like in life. To Shine as He did . He said He was/is the light of the world and then told us to be the light- He has given us many clues. We just have to believe. Thank God for His blood, for His mercy and His grace in not only cursing sin, but also in redeeming us to show us what we can be and how we can look like Him in this life.

I believe that when we are subject to the preparatory gospel that the mind and will of God is delivered and ministered to us by angels. Thus, the “holy spirit” is given by and through the angels and is the mind and will and communication of God’s way to us…
Then once we are spiritually begotten, we then partake of that spirit, because our spirits have been quickened by it. We have it indwelling within us as the “kingdom of God is within” and “ye are temples” and tabernacles of the Holy Spirit because we are now made Holy and God is dwelling within us (made tabernacle within us) and we have now entered the gate and feast on the words of Christ and become angels ourselves, and been reconciled to the “Holy place” and the sanctuary of the most High.
Hmm interesting, I'll have to ponder on that. I have a hard time trusting angels according to LDS Theology, but in some ways it makes sense, I suppose. Something to ponder. I can agree with the second part - I think we are holy ghosts at that point or angels however you want to call it and have access to God through Christ able to stand before His throne and we are "anointed" and have the seed of Mind given to us if we believe it and trust in Him as a Child to their Father.

cab
captain of 1,000

Post by cab »

John Tavner wrote: July 30th, 2022, 3:06 pm
cab wrote: July 30th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Hmm interesting, I'll have to ponder on that. I have a hard time trusting angels according to LDS Theology, but in some ways it makes sense, I suppose. Something to ponder. I can agree with the second part - I think we are holy ghosts at that point or angels however you want to call it and have access to God through Christ able to stand before His throne and we are "anointed" and have the seed of Mind given to us if we believe it and trust in Him as a Child to their Father.

This has been a glorious mystery that has been unfolding for me…. That in very deed “Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ” (2 Ne 32: 3) to those who have not yet received the Holy Ghost themselves. That in this very way do those who have entered the gate onto “the path” (been spiritually begotten) begin to participate in God’s “work and glory” (Moses 1:39)… or, in other words, the “Father’s business” (Luke 2:49)….

They literally become angels and are, in very deed, put to work in the family business of “the Lord’s House”…. which is the business of saving souls…

After all, “after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels” (2 Nephi 32:2-3)….. “And the office of their [the angels’] ministry is to call men unto repentance” (Moroni 7:29-31).

Perhaps ponder on the role of priests in Moses’ tabernacle presentation (coming in and out of “the Holy place” to administer to the candidate from the camp of Israel), as well as the role of Peter, James and John in the endowment ceremony… The candidate for salvation always progresses through “the path” via those who administer “the ordinances” to them…. And as D&C 76 says, the celestial administer to the terrestrial, “and also the telestial receive it of the administering of angels who are appointed to minister for them” (D&C 76: 87-89).

Remember that the role preparatory gospel… and the “Priesthood of Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels” (D&C 13)….

This also fits with Joseph saying that the Holy Ghost is the mind and will of God AND ELSEWHERE that “he” is a disembodied spirit…. Perhaps there are many (even more than there are of us) who fulfill the role of administering the mind and will of God in the function of the Holy Ghost…

Of course our traditions can butcher how we perceive whatever the role of angels might actually be…. But, like I said, I’m learning that there is a glorious mystery here… and I believe it’s the ministering of the angels themselves that are whispering these truths to me… 🙏

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Alaris wrote: July 30th, 2022, 12:02 am John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you
This scripture can be true while comporting to your view, my view, or just about any other view. Meaning, this scripture isn't saying much.

You still have yet to deal with the Lectures on Faith. I'm assuming you think JS mistaken for canonizing them and teaching from them throughout his ministry?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Shawn Henry wrote: July 31st, 2022, 2:04 pm
Alaris wrote: July 30th, 2022, 12:02 am John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you
This scripture can be true while comporting to your view, my view, or just about any other view. Meaning, this scripture isn't saying much.

You still have yet to deal with the Lectures on Faith. I'm assuming you think JS mistaken for canonizing them and teaching from them throughout his ministry?
You still have to ignore half the scriptures to de-personify the Holy Ghost while those who count to three are just fine. :-)

He is a God of this world. But ... Good luck.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Shawn Henry wrote: July 31st, 2022, 2:04 pm

Was JS mistaken when he taught that the Holy Ghost was a personage?

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Satan’s plan is about choosing supposed safety instead of freedom. His plan is deemed “safe and effective”. He wants us to choose scientism instead of Jesus, our will instead of God’s will. His plans will be foiled by God’s mighty arm.

I Dont Know...
captain of 100

Post by I Dont Know... »

NeveR wrote: July 29th, 2022, 10:23 am Isn't it obvious? Satan's plan is simple - to destroy TRUTH.

All truth, big and small.

Not just to deny it or hide it - destroy it and our ability to even know or recognize it.

That's what all this current show is about. That's why we are asked to accept a constant flow of contradictory, irrational nonsense. That's why art and science are hijacked and compromised.

Because TRUTH is the enemy and must be obliterated wherever it manifests.

Exactly what we put in its place doesn't matter. Any amount of falsehood can be tolerated, conflicting lies can be debated.

We will be free to believe anything we want - provided it's a lie!
...exactly this!....why?...because he was stripped of his great power. The only power he has now...is to deceive individuals to give him theirs!...Once we have become enamoured with his loose morals and ethics...we become easy prey to his mix of truth and deception...however, even when we have fallen into the very depths of depravity and misery....the very moment we seek God and Christ....we are freed from his tyranny...!

Satan has no power or will to control mans destiny/judgement...it is not within his capabilities nor has he been granted the right to determine the outcome for any spirit...his influence is all he has and it is restricted to this world. Therefore he uses this influence in the only way he has been granted leave to...by controlling the weak in mortality....his influence in the spiritual realm is heavily redacted...This is why he will bear no responsibility for our decisions. Each of us will bear our own burdens before the judgement seat.

What I do know...is that Christ is far more merciful to the depraved and the wicked than any of us will be...

Christ alone bears the responsibility of determining the long term outlook for the spirits of mankind...

He is less inclined to bear false witness against any of our brothers and sisters we might otherwise determine unsavable (new word!)...

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Artaxerxes wrote: July 31st, 2022, 7:36 pm Was JS mistaken when he taught that the Holy Ghost was a personage?
Whether he did or didn't is irrelevant. The point is, he published the Lectures on Faith as the 'doctrine' portion of the D&C. He testified of it and so did two other PSR's.

He also taught that we measure doctrine according to scripture and that you recognize a false doctrine or false revelation by it contradicting previous revelation.

So by his own standard, even he himself cannot contradict scripture. If anyone is teaching contrary to LoF, they are teaching false doctrine. That is the standard the Lord gave us through JS.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Alaris wrote: July 31st, 2022, 7:33 pm You still have to ignore half the scriptures to de-personify the Holy Ghost
No, you don't because the HG is still the mind of God and God is still a person.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Shawn Henry wrote: July 31st, 2022, 11:10 pm
Alaris wrote: July 31st, 2022, 7:33 pm You still have to ignore half the scriptures to de-personify the Holy Ghost
No, you don't because the HG is still the mind of God and God is still a person.
The God - The King is coming here. Don't miss it. :-)