Adam

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Adam

Post by Mamabear »

There are precepts taught in the temple that do not align with the account of Adam in the scriptures.
Adam and Eve’s journey is outlined in Genesis, Nephi and Moses.
1. Nowhere does it say Adam helped form the earth.
2. Adam did not ask for messengers. One angel appeared to him when he was offering sacrifices. This angel was sent to him according to his needs. Peter, James and John were never mentioned in any of the scriptures.
3. Adam did not receive any signs or tokens from messengers.
4. In Moses 6, Enoch explains Adams story. This is where he was endowed with power…. This is what is not taught but is the only way directly to Christ. The Lord appears to Adam and forgives him for his transgression in the garden. Then He teaches him about the gospel and being reborn. He then baptizes Adam with water and then with his Spirit. Thus Adam became a son of God. V. 68

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Re: Adam

Post by sandman45 »

Mamabear wrote: July 15th, 2022, 6:25 pm There are precepts taught in the temple that do not align with the account of Adam in the scriptures.
2. Adam did not ask for messengers. One angel appeared to him when he was offering sacrifices. This angel was sent to him according to his needs. Peter, James and John were never mentioned in any of the scriptures.
4. In Moses 6, Enoch explains Adams story. This is where he was endowed with power…. This is what is not taught but is the only way directly to Christ. The Lord appears to Adam and forgives him for his transgression in the garden. Then He teaches him about the gospel and being reborn. He then baptizes Adam with water and then with his Spirit. Thus Adam became a son of God. V. 68
You should see the kingdom of Zion endowment. It has pieces that were removed after Brigham Young. Very interesting.

Current temple endowment I would say has been modified and changed from original inspired version. It’s sad

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

sandman45 wrote: July 15th, 2022, 7:52 pm
Mamabear wrote: July 15th, 2022, 6:25 pm There are precepts taught in the temple that do not align with the account of Adam in the scriptures.
You should see the kingdom of Zion endowment. It has pieces that were removed after Brigham Young. Very interesting.

Current temple endowment I would say has been modified and changed from original inspired version. It’s sad
What church is that?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mamabear, it feels to me that your distain for the Temple is making you throw out things because… the Temple.

Just because the Scriptural accounts we currently have don’t contain certain details doesn’t make them false. Do you really believe we have ALL the details about the days of Adam?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Luke wrote: July 16th, 2022, 2:39 am Mamabear, it feels to me that your distain for the Temple is making you throw out things because… the Temple.

Just because the Scriptural accounts we currently have don’t contain certain details doesn’t make them false. Do you really believe we have ALL the details about the days of Adam?
I’m throwing things out that do not match doctrine…. The only way to Christ is through Him, there is no other way given.
Adam was quickened and became a son of God after his baptism by the Spirit.
We have the major details pertaining to eternal life and they are made very clear over and over in the scriptures.
This is Christ’s true doctrine and anything else isn’t.

“And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and I bear record of it from the Father; and whoso believeth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.
And whoso shall declare more or less than this, and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil, and is not built upon my rock; but he buildeth upon a sandy foundation, and the gates of hell stand open to receive such when the floods come and the winds beat upon them.”
3 Nephi 11:33-35, 39-40

Sirius
captain of 100

Post by Sirius »

In Abraham 3 we read that one like unto God stood in the midst of the intelligences. This is a literal meaning of the name Michael
A very common name today yet a very old Hebrew name which can be found in Numbers 13:13. The Hebrew pronunciation is me-khah-eyl (The "kh" is pronounced hard like the "ch" in the name Bach) and is composed of three parts. The first is the word mee meaning "who". The second is the khah meaning "like." The third is the word eyl literally meaning one of power or authority but commonly translated as "God".
https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/names/Michael.htm

Michael is the one referred to in verse 24 as, one like unto God. Michael helped oversee the creation of this world. Michael also became Adam.
24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;
25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Sirius wrote: July 16th, 2022, 6:57 am
In Abraham 3 we read that one like unto God stood in the midst of the intelligences. This is a literal meaning of the name Michael
A very common name today yet a very old Hebrew name which can be found in Numbers 13:13. The Hebrew pronunciation is me-khah-eyl (The "kh" is pronounced hard like the "ch" in the name Bach) and is composed of three parts. The first is the word mee meaning "who". The second is the khah meaning "like." The third is the word eyl literally meaning one of power or authority but commonly translated as "God".

Michael is the one referred to in verse 24 as, one like unto God. Michael helped oversee the creation of this world. Michael also became Adam.
24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;
25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;
I dont think it was Michael speaking in 24, it was Christ. He and laid out the plan from verses 24-26
In 27, the Father asks “whom shall I send”? Then Jesus answered him.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

you have truly revealed your understanding of symbolism in the scriptures and of the temple. You seem to have lack of vision regarding the many different symbols and words that mean exactly the same thing although represented in many different presentations. or many different parables that mean the same thing. You obviously don't understand that chronology or the order of these parables in scriptures and temple may not fit the only pattern that you perceive.

How unfortunate for any follower of christ to so miss the lessons that are being taught by this multiple of parables that you mention.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

sandman45 wrote: July 15th, 2022, 7:52 pm

I used to think that too. but recently, I look at all of the desecration of sacred things that were taught being done by the members. they yell in the temples, they talk during the endowment which is prohibited, they want to desecrate the temple grounds, they come unworthily, they totally misunderstand the doctrines being taught and the symbolism used and they act like Isiah prophesied since they are like the cattle for slaughter anciently and neither the cattle or the proxies today know why they are there.

So now I have changed my thinking to the fact that maybe God really did take away many things cuz he was tired of all the stupid ideas attached instead of those faithful looking for the real meaning. When I go in then I can still worship the truth since I was there before the current washed out ceremony was done.

for example, on stupid ideas, my brother keeps telling me that he will call his wife through the veil and he wanted to remember her name so they gave their first child the name.

here's the truth . . . only christ is on the other side of the veil and men have been allowed to step in to represent Christ . . they represent Christ when they take their bride through and actually, the bride represents the church. Also, christ will call the true pre existent name that was given not the fake name given in the temple. Only christ knows the preexistent name and the person he calls will have all remembrance and recognize their name. remember, there will be no man (worker) at the veil when Christ calls us.

another stupid idea. Adam represents ALL people, women and men when he is part of the creation. In other words, we all helped with the direction of Jehovah who got instruction from Elohim. Jehovah said, " Follow me", remember?

another misunderstanding: Peter, James and John only have names to help us relate to the fact that they are called by God. They don't reveal their identity sometimes when they visit or help us but they represent many angels of God NOT just Peter James and Johnand do NOT always identify themselves. In the final scene then they are NOT Peter James and John and are NOT recognized by satan but are recognized by Adam and Eve who represent all mankind. Instead they are the davidic servants that all these posters on this forum are looking for.

You can see this in their divine mission represented by casting out satan which either is a representation of translation or the beginning of millenium . . satan gone . .
Also they represent the fact that mortal men and translated beings . . who is John . . .are joined in the mission. They give the higher knowledge. pretty obvious stuff

I personally believe that the lifting of the veil on women . . who represent the bride of Christ . . which is the church means that the church has now been exposed and is no longer protected from God by the veil. this could mean that Gods presence, which is no longer protecting mortals with a veil, will destroy the wicked of the church and save the righteous since the church (represented by the bride with the veil) is no longer protected from the wrath.

As well, most women in the temple no longer cover the top of their heads out of respect for God, but hang the veil on the back of their head as if it is an ornament symbolically exposing themselves to God's power against their mortality. Their heads will have a scab on them and stink when the tribs get bad. foolish to do this and shows disrespect for the priesthood clothes and God. Thus the prophecy of the daughters of Zion that are haughty in the temple will be brought down.

I know now that the man no longer need to attach the small tie from the cap to the tassles on their robe. I have aways believed that the tassles represent the 12 tribes. The hat represents the throne that God sits on and the tassles on the cap represent the Father the Son and the HG. the string that connects the throne of God to the tassle that represents the 12 tribes, I believe, is representative of the covenant and creates a continuous connection from the House of Israel's covenant to God.

so, I now think that the covenant is soon to be taken from the COJCLDS since that attachment has been broken. May be gone now and we are just rehearsing or it may be gone when the temples finally close.

There are those who believe that the string represents continued revelation and the tassle represents the 12 apostles. If this is true, then the connection has been broken now between the 12 and continuous revelation. and that's not good either

So, I am thinking that God is telling us something, that he is tired of the disrespect of covenant bearers coming to desecrate the temple and is withdrawing his knowledge and protection from our prophets and the church. and that is what you are seeing.

In addition, he no longer wants to reveal his doctrine through temple parables that are not understood or are elevated to the point of nonsense by those who don't get it.

I know that this is the last day or the day of the Lord. Not a good day to apostatize since there is little time to come back

enjoy what is left of the temple worship cuz it is soon to be gone , too . . until the temple is built in Jackson County. History has taught us that people finally get serious when they have lost enough and the desire to build a temple will be fueled by the loss of some many temples in the world.

Why got to Jackson when you have 5 temples in Africa?

Why go to MO when you have 16 temples in Utah and 5 in Idaho?

Answer that question and you will be a prophet of what is to come.

Sirius
captain of 100

Post by Sirius »

Mamabear wrote: July 16th, 2022, 8:11 am
Sirius wrote: July 16th, 2022, 6:57 am

I dont think it was Michael speaking in 24, it was Christ. He and laid out the plan from verses 24-26
In 27, the Father asks “whom shall I send”? Then Jesus answered him.
Read it again in context with verse 27. The differentiation is specifically made clear that Christ is not the one being spoken of in verse 24
27 And the Lord said: Whom shall I send? And one answered like unto the Son of Man: Here am I, send me. And another answered and said: Here am I, send me. And the Lord said: I will send the first.
Abraham is very precise in who he is speaking of in these verses. We're just blinded by tradition.