Gallup poll: Confidence in U.S. Institutions Down; Average at New Low

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Gallup poll: Confidence in U.S. Institutions Down; Average at New Low

Post by BuriedTartaria »

The irony of not having considerable faith in mainstream journalism and institutions while citing a poll from a mainstream institution as being worthwhile to note is not lost on me :p

Gallup first measured confidence in institutions in 1973 and has done so annually since 1993. This year's survey was conducted June 1-20.

Confidence currently ranges from a high of 68% for small business to a low of 7% for Congress. The military is the only institution besides small business for which a majority of Americans express confidence (64%). Confidence in the police, at 45%, has fallen below the majority level for only the second time, with the other instance occurring in 2020 in the weeks after the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police.

This year's poll marks new lows in confidence for all three branches of the federal government -- the Supreme Court (25%), the presidency (23%) and Congress. Five other institutions are at their lowest points in at least three decades of measurement, including the church or organized religion (31%), newspapers (16%), the criminal justice system (14%), big business (14%) and the police.

Confidence in large technology companies is also at a low point (26%) but has only been measured the past three years.

Source: https://news.gallup.com/poll/394283/con ... w-low.aspx

If these numbers are accurate and honest as they are being presented, I think it's becoming increasingly clear that society has largely lost faith in "the system" and I think "the system" will fall, just as it has done repeatedly throughout the history of mankind on this earth.

What kind of a life do we have when we live in a machine few find enlightening to the soul and trustworthy? I would say the majority of people I know are dealing with depression-related feelings and have a spark missing from their life. I believe healthier and happier ways of living are out there and have been present in the past. I believe the declarations and prophecies about God's choice land in the Book of Mormon are true!

I believe the material in the statue of King Nebuchadnezzar's dream representing Babylonian kingdoms decreases in value from the head to the toes with the feet featuring the lowest value of material; a mixture of iron and clay and I believe we are currently at that point! A society that would not be compared to the gold found in the head of the statue, nor the silver or bronze of other great kingdoms of the world. But a society and world that would have iron and clay used to represent it.

May the Work of The Father free us!