I suspect Julie Rowe and Gileadi use this forum to write topics from time to time

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.

Do you think Gileadi and or Rowe/whatever her new last name is use topics in the forum?

Yes
21%
No
53%
Maybe
5%
I don't know
21%
Other, please explain
No votes
They are influenced by forum members rather than the forum itself i.e. members ask them to comment on a topic
No votes

Total votes: 19
John Tavner
captain of 1,000

I suspect Julie Rowe and Gileadi use this forum to write topics from time to time

Post by John Tavner »

See the title. I don't really follow either, but I run around in circles that do. So, I've noticed that when a topic gets a lot of views on this forum, they seem to post something similar or repeat with their own spin on what a few posters here say as if they hold the definitive truth. I suppose I should clarify. I don't mean write topics here on the forum. I mean they use topics they see here and then pontificate about them in their own spheres.

What do you think?
Last edited by John Tavner on July 9th, 2022, 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I suspect Julie Rowe and Gileadi use this forum to write topics from time to time

Post by Pazooka »

John Tavner wrote: July 9th, 2022, 11:07 am See the title. I don't really follow either, but I run around in circles that do. So, I've noticed that when a topic gets a lot of views on this forum, they seem to post something similar or repeat with their own spin on what a few posters here say as if they hold the definitive truth.

What do you think?
I’d like an example of a post/topic you think each may have written.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Re: I suspect Julie Rowe and Gileadi use this forum to write topics from time to time

Post by Mamabear »

Do you think Julie was Emily?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I doubt Julie cares about this forum anymore. She seems to have move on. I haven't followed her that closely lately, but I believe she is still into energy healing, but is less Mormon these days.

However, she did write some posts here in 2014:
jkrowe wrote: July 6th, 2014, 3:51 pm Hi, my name is Julie Rowe.
Also, when her prophecy of the imminent earth quake was much discussed and criticized here, there was a user that was always quick to defend her. Cannot remember that users name, but I suspect that it was Julie herself.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Mamabear wrote: July 9th, 2022, 11:49 am Do you think Julie was Emily?
Oh no. Definitely not. I'm friends with Emily on Facebook.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Pazooka wrote: July 9th, 2022, 11:33 am
John Tavner wrote: July 9th, 2022, 11:07 am See the title. I don't really follow either, but I run around in circles that do. So, I've noticed that when a topic gets a lot of views on this forum, they seem to post something similar or repeat with their own spin on what a few posters here say as if they hold the definitive truth.

What do you think?
Recently Gileadi sent out a "No Purse, No Scrip" email.

Rowe, I haven't seen much from her lately, (possibly because of her new marriage) but there was a period about a year or two ago, where she would repeat the main topics over and over again that were being discussed on the forum. I don't really care to look them up because I'm not that invested in proving my hypothesis. It was just he most recent comment by Gileadi that came out.. I think there have a been a few others Gileadi has thrown out too which seemed to "line" up with hot topics in LDSFF.
Last edited by John Tavner on July 9th, 2022, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

John Tavner wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:09 pm
Is she ok?

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Mamabear wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Is she ok?
She has been silent, recently and no responses. So I can't say for sure. Since April 17 she has posted nothing.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Hard no

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

John Tavner wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:14 pm
Mamabear wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Is she ok?
She has been silent, recently and no responses. So I can't say for sure. Since April 17 she has posted nothing.
Her family probably recommitted her

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

I doubt rowe does anymore, most of her major opinions don't resonate here...on account of how ridiculous they are.

Gileadi probably doesn't either. He walks on thin ice as it is. His membership is most precious to him. I bet he's thinks he'd reveal himself... His expertise in his pet projects would be a dead giveaway. The only other people who could wax on and on about Isaiah are probably not Mormon and wouldn't be on this site...

I bet they lurk though

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

nightlight wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:34 pm I doubt rowe does anymore, most of her major opinions don't resonate here...on account of how ridiculous they are.

Gileadi probably doesn't either. He walks on thin ice as it is. His membership is most precious to him. I bet he's thinks he'd reveal himself... His expertise in his pet projects would be a dead giveaway. The only other people who could wax on and on about Isaiah are probably not Mormon and wouldn't be on this site...

I bet they lurk though
Do you know him personally?

JSmith
captain of 100

Post by JSmith »

I knew Gileadi pretty well about 10 years ago. His personality doesn’t change much. I doubt very much he’s ever been on this form. He is not a big user of media outside of writing software and is very mercurial. He keeps very much to himself.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Mamabear wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:41 pm
nightlight wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:34 pm I doubt rowe does anymore, most of her major opinions don't resonate here...on account of how ridiculous they are.

I bet they lurk though
Do you know him personally?
No but I read his stuff. I guess he could dumb himself down and go unnoticed here, but any meaningful discussion would give him away imo.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

I am curious about Denver being here.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

It would be funny if Atticus/Artaxerxes was unmasked as RMN. I doubt it though.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

nightlight wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:57 pm I am curious about Denver being here.
I know quite a few people lurked here often. PR I think was here for a while, Phil Davis if I remember correctly, a Few of the DoC guys, AVOW folk, actually quite a few now pretty-famous anti mormon folk. This forum has a seen a lot of traffic from a lot of these people and those who are more "popular" in the world. So it wouldn't surprise me if Denver was here from time to time or that other dude that was a teacher and people didn't like him in real life, but they loved his papers Rob something or another.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

nightlight wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:57 pm I am curious about Denver being here.
I doubt he ever did, although I seem to recall his wife posted on here on occasion long time ago.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

marc wrote: July 9th, 2022, 1:10 pm
I doubt he ever did, although I seem to recall his wife posted on here on occasion long time ago.
I think I remember Denver’s friend, the one who recorded his talks, was here for awhile. He had a daughter who was spiritually gifted in some way, I think her name was Denise? Does anyone remember his name?

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:28 pm
I think I remember Denver’s friend, the one who recorded his talks, was here for awhile. He had a daughter who was spiritually gifted in some way, I think her name was Denise? Does anyone remember his name?
I vaguely remember something about that..., but I think I lurked during that time... or it might have been under the first name I made which I forgot.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

John Tavner wrote: July 9th, 2022, 4:53 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:28 pm
I vaguely remember something about that..., but I think I lurked during that time... or it might have been under the first name I made which I forgot.
Okay, I kicked my memory into high gear and came up with Doug Mendenhall, his daughter Denise, and Doug posted on here as Halm. Proof I don’t have Alzheimer’s yet.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 9th, 2022, 5:09 pmOkay, I kicked my memory into high gear and came up with Doug Mendenhall, his daughter Denise, and Doug posted on here as Halm. Proof I don’t have Alzheimer’s yet.
Unfortunately, Doug passed away (I think it was last year, iirc).

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I think it's odd to lump Rowe and Gileadi together like this. Gileadi doesn't deserve that. :D He has put out a lot of good info on Isaiah and related things. Rowe is a proven false prophetess.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Creator wrote: July 9th, 2022, 6:14 pm I think it's odd to lump Rowe and Gileadi together like this. Gileadi doesn't deserve that. :D He has put out a lot of good info on Isaiah and related things. Rowe is a proven false prophetess.
I don't know, I think he is a little over-confident in some of his interpretations, nothing like a bit of humble pie to bring us down again haha ;)

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

John Tavner wrote: July 9th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Pazooka wrote: July 9th, 2022, 11:33 am

What do you think?
Recently Gileadi sent out a "No Purse, No Scrip" email.

Rowe, I haven't seen much from her lately, (possibly because of her new marriage) but there was a period about a year or two ago, where she would repeat the main topics over and over again that were being discussed on the forum. I don't really care to look them up because I'm not that invested in proving my hypothesis. It was just he most recent comment by Gileadi that came out.. I think there have a been a few others Gileadi has thrown out too which seemed to "line" up with hot topics in LDSFF.

I’ve noticed that Julie’s main “revelations” lately have been topics she hadn’t “seen” before but once it becomes popular in prepper / charismatic Mormon circles, she suddenly has been taught all about it from her angel messengers. I’ve never really heard a new idea from her, just rehashed things I’ve seen elsewhere. Two main examples I’m thinking of is MMP and Joseph’s monogamy / BY killed Joseph…