Covid hysteria back in my ward

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Covid hysteria back in my ward

Post by Niemand »

Monkeypox, pride and Putin evidently weren't causing enough disputation, so Satan seems to have resown the seeds of Covid hysteria in my ward (and hometown) again.

I had one guy demanding we put up hand sanitiser notices everywhere, and even spoke about it in F&T. He gave me the notices, and I shredded them. Everyone knows the drill(s) already if they want to follow them. We're not shutting the entire SM down every time someone tests positive.

I went off yestersay to fetch antidepressants for another ward member who's tested positive. He never left his home for four months in 2020. I will be having a word with him. He has a cough and feels a bit rough. Nothing worse than what many people will get once or twice a year anyway.

BigT
captain of 100

Re: Covid hysteria back in my ward

Post by BigT »

My wife received notice from the we’re-so-scared COVID committee* suggesting people consider wearing masks again due to a rise in “cases” in the SLC, a.k.a. Sodem and Gomorrah, area. Because, “cases.” They’re captured and will never move forward.

* at work

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

How did we ever survive the Hong Kong flu in the late 60s? It was just as bad in deaths when you consider population size. No masks, no jabs, no lockdowns, but here I am five decades later having lived to tell the tale. I guess people who survived the Great Depression and World War II had a better handle on reality.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Niemand wrote: July 5th, 2022, 2:58 pm Monkeypox, pride and Putin evidently weren't causing enough disputation, so Satan seems to have resown the seeds of Covid hysteria in my ward (and hometown) again.

I had one guy demanding we put up hand sanitiser notices everywhere, and even spoke about it in F&T. He gave me the notices, and I shredded them. Everyone knows the drill(s) already if they want to follow them. We're not shutting the entire SM down every time someone tests positive.

I went off yestersay to fetch antidepressants for another ward member who's tested positive. He never left his home for four months in 2020. I will be having a word with him. He has a cough and feels a bit rough. Nothing worse than what many people will get once or twice a year anyway.
Covid hysteria back in your ward? Heck, in my ward, it hasn't even left!

The bishop told us, once again, to be vaccinated against the virus as the caseload in Mexico is going up again. This, even though pretty much everyone in the ward is vaccinated anyways and no one attends the meetings in person if no mask is on and no temperature check done.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

People are just getting stupider. We would like to think they get smarter, but they don't. It's the other way round.

Some type of retrograde or something. Yes, something from ... the Twilight Zone.
dc

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Gosh I hope that doesn't happen here. I already rebelled against the masks at church in my old ward. I really don't want to rebel in my new one too, but I will.
Last edited by CuriousThinker on July 5th, 2022, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

David13 wrote: July 5th, 2022, 10:21 pm People are just getting stupider. We would like to think they get smarter, but they don't. It's the other way round.

Some type of retrograde or something. Yes, something from ... the Twilight Zone.
dc

God sends strong delusion to those that don't love the truth, so that they will believe the lie and be damned - 2 Thess 2. It's definitely underway. They cannot even hear the truth, anymore. It is a strange thing to witness.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

No, one is really getting very sick from this supposed wave. Or indeed the last one. Nothing worse than you'd expect once or twice in a normal year. (Most folk pick up something in a year.)

I get hayfever, occasional sore throats and had one sweaty night in spring 2020. But I haven't had a proper full blown flu since early 2019. I didn't even get the one in late 2019 which seemed to go for everyone else.

We all know what is tending to make people sick these days and it's the responses not the illness. The lockdowns and the injections.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Niemand wrote: July 6th, 2022, 3:35 am No, one is really getting very sick from this supposed wave. Or indeed the last one. Nothing worse than you'd expect once or twice in a normal year. (Most folk pick up something in a year.)

I get hayfever, occasional sore throats and had one sweaty night in spring 2020. But I haven't had a proper full blown flu since early 2019. I didn't even get the one in late 2019 which seemed to go for everyone else.

We all know what is tending to make people sick these days and it's the responses not the illness. The lockdowns and the injections.
I haven't been seriously sick since contracting Influenza - A back in 2013. Stuffy nose, allergies, but not serious sicknesses.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

I can't think of anything more pathetic at this point, than the people still blindly following the COVID narrative. By now, anyone with a brain knows that masks don't do crap and never did, the vaxxes do more harm than good, and this was an orchestrated event. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore, and some of them are in my own family. I simply tune them out. If I see anyone wearing a mask at this point, I automatically label them as a fool.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

blitzinstripes wrote: July 6th, 2022, 7:57 am I can't think of anything more pathetic at this point, than the people still blindly following the COVID narrative. By now, anyone with a brain knows that masks don't do crap and never did, the vaxxes do more harm than good, and this was an orchestrated event. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore, and some of them are in my own family. I simply tune them out. If I see anyone wearing a mask at this point, I automatically label them as a fool.
People have to be willing to seek out the other narrative. Most people are still accepting government propaganda.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

blitzinstripes wrote: July 6th, 2022, 7:57 am I can't think of anything more pathetic at this point, than the people still blindly following the COVID narrative. By now, anyone with a brain knows that masks don't do crap and never did, the vaxxes do more harm than good, and this was an orchestrated event. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore, and some of them are in my own family. I simply tune them out. If I see anyone wearing a mask at this point, I automatically label them as a fool.
SP is in our ward. his wife got up in F&T and brought her mask along. Then she introduced herself as an ER doctor (which is really odd to me - I don't introduce myself with my profession - I don't know anyone who regularly does that). Then she said she needed to keep the mask handy because cases were going back up. A few years ago, she led a campaign in a ward she lived in on the other side of the stake to replace sacrament bread with a gluten-free piece of "foam" (basically) because "I'm an ER doctor" and "wheat belly". they actually made the switch, too.

To those stuck in that weird alternate dimension where "masks work, and vaccines are a godsend", those of us not wearing masks must scare them to death.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

I’m seeing a lack of masks lately, but I haven’t been to an LDS ward in quite some time.

Perched Eagle
captain of 100

Post by Perched Eagle »

Can I double thank you for your post?! :)

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: July 6th, 2022, 8:59 am I’m seeing a lack of masks lately, but I haven’t been to an LDS ward in quite some time.
We are down to 1 mask in our ward. Have been for quite sometime now. The hand wash stations disappeared a couple of months ago.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Niemand wrote: July 5th, 2022, 2:58 pm Monkeypox, pride and Putin evidently weren't causing enough disputation, so Satan seems to have resown the seeds of Covid hysteria in my ward (and hometown) again.

I really respect you and others who are trying to enrich your wards. I'm in a mid-singles ward and rarely attend.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Lineman1012 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:11 am
Gadianton Slayer wrote: July 6th, 2022, 8:59 am I’m seeing a lack of masks lately, but I haven’t been to an LDS ward in quite some time.
We are down to 1 mask in our ward. Have been for quite sometime now. The hand wash stations disappeared a couple of months ago.
Yes, they're gone.

As are the handwashing notices in our toilets, which went missing accidentally on purpose, so to speak. Now I *do* think people should wash their hands after they've been in there. Some people do have disgusting hygiene standards, but that is something they should be addressing anyway, and should have been doing long before all this came along. Thing is we don't need a picture with the WHO's serpent logo in our chapel telling us we're all going to die. We will anyway.

I also thought that if psychological warfare can be used on us, I could use a bit of psychology too. The government Covid notices at our doors stayed up, but I placed them lower down so they were around adult waist height. That way they were still there, and no one could moan they were gone but they were not at eye level.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Niemand wrote: July 6th, 2022, 4:19 pm
Lineman1012 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:11 am
Yes, they're gone.

As are the handwashing notices in our toilets, which went missing accidentally on purpose, so to speak. Now I *do* think people should wash their hands after they've been in there. Some people do have disgusting hygiene standards, but that is something they should be addressing anyway, and should have been doing long before all this came along. Thing is we don't need a picture with the WHO's serpent logo in our chapel telling us we're all going to die. We will anyway.

I also thought that if psychological warfare can be used on us, I could use a bit of psychology too. The government Covid notices at our doors stayed up, but I placed them lower down so they were around adult waist height. That way they were still there, and no one could moan they were gone but they were not at eye level.
Subterfuge.

It's an art form.

Who knew?

No man knew.

Sir H

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Visit my mom's ward in Orem a few weeks back.

Some lady raised her hand to comment. She was wearing a very thick homemade mask.

The teacher asked her to pull it down so we could hear her comment. She just rolled her eyes and kept mumbling behind her mask.

The teacher was very diplomatic and thanked her for her comment (that I sitting in the row right in front of her couldn't hear, so I don't expect anyone else did either.)

Then, she raised her hand and did the same thing like 10 more times.

I'm sorry, but if you won't remove the mask, why waste all our time making comments that no one can hear and wasting RS.

The teachers was nicer than I would have been.

I asked my mom about it later and she said that the sister does it in both RS and SS every week. Every week they politely ask her to pull it down, at least while making comments so others can hear. She just keeps playing her game.

If I had known, I might have been more bold and just turned around and said "If I can't hear you less than a foot away, neither can anyone else. Please pull it down or stop raising your hand."

What a joke!

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

JuneBug12000 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 7:49 pm Visit my mom's ward in Orem a few weeks back.

Some lady raised her hand to comment. She was wearing a very thick homemade mask.

The teacher asked her to pull it down so we could hear her comment. She just rolled her eyes and kept mumbling behind her mask.

The teacher was very diplomatic and thanked her for her comment (that I sitting in the row right in front of her couldn't hear, so I don't expect anyone else did either.)

I'm sorry, but if you won't remove the mask, why waste all our time making comments that no one can hear and wasting RS.

I asked my mom about it later and she said that the sister does it in both RS and SS every week. Every week they politely ask her to pull it down, at least while making comments so others can hear. She just keeps playing her game.

If I had known, I might have been more bold and just turned around and said "If I can't hear you less than a foot away, neither can anyone else. Please pull it down or stop raising your hand."

What a joke!
funny u mention Orem, we have just 1 couple who still mask every week……but we had a family of 4 move in last week from Orem, Dad, Mom & 2 small girls….all masked and they stayed that way the whole 2 hours…..i felt sorry for those 2 lil girls, seeing as how the other kids weren’t masked….

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

1775peasant wrote: July 7th, 2022, 1:22 am
JuneBug12000 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 7:49 pm Visit my mom's ward in Orem a few weeks back.

What a joke!
funny u mention Orem, we have just 1 couple who still mask every week……but we had a family of 4 move in last week from Orem, Dad, Mom & 2 small girls….all masked and they stayed that way the whole 2 hours…..i felt sorry for those 2 lil girls, seeing as how the other kids weren’t masked….
Virtue signaling?

True believers in the power of masks?

Fashion accessories?

Do they think they are ugly?

Maybe the have a contagious disease?

Look for the Band-Aids.

Sir H

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Yesterday, someone shared on my ward's FB page the county's post of a graph showing how the numbers in our county are high now and the county's recommendations to wear a mask indoors and social distance. 🤦‍♀️

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

CuriousThinker wrote: July 7th, 2022, 8:09 am Yesterday, someone shared on my ward's FB page the county's post of a graph showing how the numbers in our county are high now and the county's recommendations to wear a mask indoors and social distance. 🤦‍♀️

Yes. It's known as stupidity and gullibility. It's a rather widespread disease (stupidity and gullibility) and it's spreading at a rampant rate.
dc

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

David13 wrote: July 7th, 2022, 8:16 am
CuriousThinker wrote: July 7th, 2022, 8:09 am Yesterday, someone shared on my ward's FB page the county's post of a graph showing how the numbers in our county are high now and the county's recommendations to wear a mask indoors and social distance. 🤦‍♀️

Yes. It's known as stupidity and gullibility. It's a rather widespread disease (stupidity and gullibility) and it's spreading at a rampant rate.
dc
Quite contagious that.

Sir H

Egoof
captain of 100

Post by Egoof »

Got this message in my email yesterday -

9th Ward Members,

The Area Presidency is encouraging the Saints to come and join meetings "in-person."
Utah Wards will be returning to pre-pandemic live-streaming of meetings protocol...which only permits for "limited circumstances."
And a reminder that Bishop's have been advised to specifically authorize administration for the sacrament in the home.
If you have specific circumstances that would prevent you from attending meetings in-person. Please contact a member of the Bishopric so we can determine how best to accommodate your situation.

"Come and Join In Person."
With Love,
Bishopric

It's not super clear but it looks like they're going to stop live streaming everything which I am in favor of. I've done the couch surfing church a few times and I didn't get much from it. Show some faith, not fear and meet with some fellow saints every week.