Southern Prepper

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Southern Prepper

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Monkeypox from public restroom toilet seats?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

marc wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 1:22 pm
My report to SP1 starts at 12:29. We drove out west so we got to see firsthand how things are looking. The further west we traveled, the more brown the landscape was. Wasn't until we got to western Oregon that the landscaped turned green again. Saw a fair amount of charred trees and ground as well. The drought is taking its toll. If people haven't noticed shortages yet, they certainly will when it's time to use the crops for the current harvest. You can't lose a half a state's worth of corn crops and not have an impact.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I find it interesting that here in Northern Utah (I live right by HAFB), I don't really see a shortage problem, though things are becoming more expensive. I can't help but feel that the Gadiantons here (Senator Romney, Governor Cox, etc) are striking deals to make sure Utah looks good. Can't make the Mormon state look bad, right? Because we are so blessed and enlightened, right? Maybe my tinfoil hat is on too tight. And if I'm right, perhaps the hubris of all our leaders will be the reason why we'll get that whirlwind of desolation among those who profess to know God's name, but do not know Him. But something just doesn't smell right. I just know that secret combinations abound here.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

marc wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 3:56 pm I find it interesting that here in Northern Utah (I live right by HAFB), I don't really see a shortage problem, though things are becoming more expensive. I can't help but feel that the Gadiantons here (Senator Romney, Governor Cox, etc) are striking deals to make sure Utah looks good. Can't make the Mormon state look bad, right? Because we are so blessed and enlightened, right? Maybe my tinfoil hat is on too tight. And if I'm right, perhaps the hubris of all our leaders will be the reason why we'll get that whirlwind of desolation among those who profess to know God's name, but do not know Him. But something just doesn't smell right. I just know that secret combinations abound here.
I have not seen terrible shortages either, although I have noticed some specific products have either disappeared or are very rarely available. Most things have simply become more expensive. Many businesses have a shortage of workers. This summer I've traveled from one side of the country to the other and that is what I've seen all over. When I chat with Trader Joe checkout clerks they have told me they get fewer truck deliveries than expected quite routinely. They also actively cover up holes in the shelves when they have shortages.

It was really eye-opening to travel west and see for myself the situation. Everyone will see shortages in the next 3-6 months as this year's harvest moves into the food supply chains. Based on what I've seen I don't see how it can be any other way. Even if food is on the shelves, the prices will go up dramatically. I suspect greed will drive some investors to keep their commodities in the silos and wait to sell at higher prices for bigger profits. Some will profit on people's misery.

To underscore the point, this appeared in ZH today:

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/i ... cornfields

Based on what I saw, it's all horribly true.