Is RMN really Owl and Key?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
BOMdotcom
captain of 50

Is RMN really Owl and Key?

Post by BOMdotcom »

Is RMN really a member of the Owl & Key and/or Skull & Bones?
Can anyone provide proof of this on this thread?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Is RMN really Owl and Key?

Post by Niemand »

BOMdotcom wrote: June 29th, 2022, 5:02 pm Is RMN really a member of the Owl & Key and/or Skull & Bones?
There are photos of RMN as Owl and Key in a yearbook which have been posted on here. Skull and Bones is harder to prove.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

From my understanding it’s Owl and Key who decide who becomes part of skull and bones.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Niemand wrote: June 29th, 2022, 5:39 pm
BOMdotcom wrote: June 29th, 2022, 5:02 pm Is RMN really a member of the Owl & Key and/or Skull & Bones?
There are photos of RMN as Owl and Key in a yearbook which have been posted on here. Skull and Bones is harder to prove.
This is the one InfoWarrior posted in another thread:
Attachments
705884C5-9D0E-4AFF-B3E2-F7171D41CF4F.jpeg
705884C5-9D0E-4AFF-B3E2-F7171D41CF4F.jpeg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2664 times

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

And Apostle, Elder Robert D. Hales was a Bonesman:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v ... %2C1787334

https://archive.is/aWbyk

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Egads - how did I miss this gem the first go-round? Great find, InfoWarrior. I never did understand that guy...going on and on in a GC talk about some fur coat for his wife...or something like that.
Attachments
C0084E63-2B5C-4E6B-9378-F83127212DC9.jpeg
C0084E63-2B5C-4E6B-9378-F83127212DC9.jpeg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2655 times

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

That really was a great thread. Let me just recreate another little piece of it, here. This is kind of funny - - by “ithink”
Attachments
B52E93E6-E255-491F-9233-B10F67B93ADD.jpeg
B52E93E6-E255-491F-9233-B10F67B93ADD.jpeg (439.56 KiB) Viewed 2638 times

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

We’re sunk….

BOMdotcom
captain of 50

Post by BOMdotcom »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: June 29th, 2022, 9:05 pm And Apostle, Elder Robert D. Hales was a Bonesman:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v ... %2C1787334

https://archive.is/aWbyk
Infowarrior82, do you know how this yearbook image was obtained? Does anyone possess the actual yearbook to verify it’s not fake?

If it’s true it’s definitely concerning, so I’d like to know if it’s for real.

BOMdotcom
captain of 50

Post by BOMdotcom »

Niemand wrote: June 29th, 2022, 5:39 pm
I suppose if we could find the yearbook where RMN was a junior, we would know? Anybody out there have that?

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

FWIW Wiki says RMN was Owl and Key. But is it really such a big deal? It's just a U of U thing isn't it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl_and_Key

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

NeveR wrote: June 30th, 2022, 4:01 pm … is it really such a big deal? It's just a U of U thing isn't it.
Yeah, what’s the big deal?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

BigT wrote: June 30th, 2022, 4:36 pm
NeveR wrote: June 30th, 2022, 4:01 pm … is it really such a big deal? It's just a U of U thing isn't it.
Yeah, what’s the big deal?
Watched a video on defending Utah about it once. It isn’t good. Especially skull and bones. Elite gadiantons and owl and key seems to be the gate.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I imagine joining Owl and Key is probably a bit like this. (Fairly safe for work)

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Starting with 1984, when RMN was called to be an apostle, take a look at his talks with fresh eyes. There are some alarming things, there. For instance, in this talk - at around the 5 minute mark - he teaches about, instead of prioritizing occupation, family or the Lord, just “meshing them.” As if. And where there should be talk of acquiring knowledge he speaks, instead, of education (which comes through the channels of “a false priesthood” as Nibley put it). There was so much wrong with what he’s teaching just in the first 8 minutes.

How does an apostle of Jesus not know His doctrine? Is it because he was pre-occupied with his extensive formal education? There is something very wrong about it all.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Pazooka wrote: June 30th, 2022, 6:01 pm Starting with 1984, when RMN was called to be an apostle, take a look at his talks with fresh eyes. There are some alarming things, there. For instance, in this talk - at around the 5 minute mark - he teaches about, instead of prioritizing occupation, family or the Lord, just “meshing them.” As if. And where there should be talk of acquiring knowledge he speaks, instead, of education (which comes through the channels of “a false priesthood” as Nibley put it). There was so much wrong with what he’s teaching just in the first 8 minutes.

How does an apostle of Jesus not know His doctrine? Is it because he was pre-occupied with his extensive formal education? There is something very wrong about it all.
False teachers revere secular learning.
There are many layers of alarming things that have been in front of us. I feel was blinded by all of them.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Mamabear wrote: June 30th, 2022, 6:33 pm
Pazooka wrote: June 30th, 2022, 6:01 pm Starting with 1984, when RMN was called to be an apostle, take a look at his talks with fresh eyes. There are some alarming things, there. For instance, in this talk - at around the 5 minute mark - he teaches about, instead of prioritizing occupation, family or the Lord, just “meshing them.” As if. And where there should be talk of acquiring knowledge he speaks, instead, of education (which comes through the channels of “a false priesthood” as Nibley put it). There was so much wrong with what he’s teaching just in the first 8 minutes.

There are many layers of alarming things that have been in front of us. I feel was blinded by all of them.
Excellent way to word that bit about acquiring secular knowledge and false teachers and the relationship between the two. Solid observation👍

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Mamabear wrote: June 30th, 2022, 6:33 pm

Secular learning is what allows the Church to continue to function as a global Church. Joseph Smith would not be able to run today's Church with all of its complexities, unless he were to surround himself with the types of people that are Church leaders today, with all their learning.

14 out of the 15 people in the Q12 and FP have university degrees. The one loner has regretted not getting the degrees that he wanted to get. What does that tell you? Education is important in this day and age.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

A person that was a member of a fraternity in college, does not necessarily mean that 70 plus years removed from that, that he continue to espouse those principles in public. Ever heard of repentance?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Subcomandante wrote: July 1st, 2022, 8:43 am Joseph Smith would not be able to run today's Church
Think about that real hard

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Pazooka wrote: July 1st, 2022, 8:59 am
Subcomandante wrote: July 1st, 2022, 8:43 am Joseph Smith would not be able to run today's Church
Joseph wouldn’t want to run today’s church. In fact, I’m sure he would run FROM it.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

I have and stand by that.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Subcomandante wrote: July 1st, 2022, 9:07 am
D&C 1 - for starters - mentions how the Lord does His work by the weak and places JS into that category.

17 Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments;
18 …and all this that it might be fulfilled, which was written by the prophets—
19 The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—

Not to mention the weak AND the “simple”

23. That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.

And then here’s the real nail in the coffin. Imagine…the Lord being able to use unlearned men.

13 Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thresh the nations by the power of my Spirit (D&C 35);

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Pazooka wrote: July 1st, 2022, 9:37 am
D&C 1 - for starters - mentions how the Lord does His work by the weak and places JS into that category.

17 Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments;
19 The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—

23. That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.
Joseph Smith was the catalyst. But let's not be ridiculous either in saying that Joseph Smith or Brigham Young could run today's Church, because they could not. Russell M. Nelson couldn't run the Church back in Joseph's day either, to be fair.

Russell Nelson could be described by many today as weak and simple. How is a doctor supposed to have faith, many would question. Is #HearingHim really that simple? Why, yes it is!

And yet, he has brought the gospel to kings and rulers, that have stopped by Salt Lake City, or in the case of Dubai, they flat out invited the Church to construct a temple in their land, no doubt because Russell Nelson exhibited Christlike qualities in mourning with those that mourned and comforted those that needed to be comforted, even though such a gesture would be seen by many Utahns as pandering. GeeR would have a heart attack if I were to show the images which I am speaking about.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Subcomandante wrote: July 1st, 2022, 9:44 am
Pazooka wrote: July 1st, 2022, 9:37 am

Joseph Smith was the catalyst. But let's not be ridiculous either in saying that Joseph Smith or Brigham Young could run today's Church, because they could not. Russell M. Nelson couldn't run the Church back in Joseph's day either, to be fair.

Russell Nelson could be described by many today as weak and simple. How is a doctor supposed to have faith, many would question. Is #HearingHim really that simple? Why, yes it is!

And yet, he has brought the gospel to kings and rulers, that have stopped by Salt Lake City, or in the case of Dubai, they flat out invited the Church to construct a temple in their land, no doubt because Russell Nelson exhibited Christlike qualities in mourning with those that mourned and comforted those that needed to be comforted, even though such a gesture would be seen by many Utahns as pandering. GeeR would have a heart attack if I were to show the images which I am speaking about.
Delusion