The Significance of Divine Sophia

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
creator
(of the Forum)

The Significance of Divine Sophia

Post by creator »

Robert Powell discusses the Divine Sophia (a part of the feminine divine trinity: Heavenly Mother, Heavenly Daughter and Divine Sophia).

Also discusses the "Fall" and the challenges we face today with materialism and technology (by the forces of Ahriman / satan).

I recently read his book "The Sophia Teachings" (listened via Audible), and found it very interesting and enlightening. This video is somewhat of a short version of some of things covered in that book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqkVJDO1RdI

Also, of note, most of the topics discussed in this video are covered in much depth in the writings of Rudolf Steiner.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Significance of Divine Sophia

Post by Thinker »

Creator wrote: June 28th, 2022, 4:35 pm Robert Powell discusses the Divine Sophia (a part of the feminine divine trinity: Heavenly Mother, Heavenly Daughter and Divine Sophia)…

writings of Rudolf Steiner.
Very interesting list of books.

“Truth is in perspective” - and often the more perspectives the more truthful. God is everything - all intelligence all creation all love all GOoD! When you think about the vastness, it’s ridiculous for anyone to claim they know all about God. I’m realizing how little I know!

I had never considered:
Mother
Daughter
Spirit

I had thought:
Father
Mother/Spirit
Son/daughter

” In the Ancient Near East and Mediterranean world, the dove became an iconic symbol of the mother goddess. The Sumerian mother-goddess Ishtar is often portrayed as holding a pigeon. The ancient Phoenicians associated Astarte, the goddess of love and fertility, with the dove. The Greek goddess Aphrodite and the Roman goddess Venus were both symbolically represented by doves. The Spirit of the Dove, Shekenah--Holy Spirit--lives in this tale.” https://ancestorsandarchetypes.weebly.c ... ddess.html

Carl Jung analyzed biblical Job as a turning point in the ideas of God. Job finally questioned God & discovered the feminine, less tyrannical & more compassionate side of God.

What do you think about this…?

”In 2017, Sophia made history by becoming the first android to be granted legal citizenship . The humanoid , with nationality of Saudi Arabia, has made several controversial statements, but the most recent has left the world speechless: she wants to have a robot baby and start a family.” https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/s ... ar-AAPhGJZ

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Thinker wrote: July 1st, 2022, 3:39 pm
Creator wrote: June 28th, 2022, 4:35 pm Robert Powell discusses the Divine Sophia (a part of the feminine divine trinity: Heavenly Mother, Heavenly Daughter and Divine Sophia)…

writings of Rudolf Steiner.
Very interesting list of books.

“Truth is in perspective” - and often the more perspectives the more truthful. God is everything - all intelligence all creation all love all GOoD! When you think about the vastness, it’s ridiculous for anyone to claim they know all about God. I’m realizing how little I know!

I had never considered:
Mother
Daughter
Spirit

I had thought:
Father
Mother/Spirit
Son/daughter

” In the Ancient Near East and Mediterranean world, the dove became an iconic symbol of the mother goddess. The Sumerian mother-goddess Ishtar is often portrayed as holding a pigeon. The ancient Phoenicians associated Astarte, the goddess of love and fertility, with the dove. The Greek goddess Aphrodite and the Roman goddess Venus were both symbolically represented by doves. The Spirit of the Dove, Shekenah--Holy Spirit--lives in this tale.” https://ancestorsandarchetypes.weebly.c ... ddess.html

Carl Jung analyzed biblical Job as a turning point in the ideas of God. Job finally questioned God & discovered the feminine, less tyrannical & more compassionate side of God.

What do you think about this…?

”In 2017, Sophia made history by becoming the first android to be granted legal citizenship . The humanoid , with nationality of Saudi Arabia, has made several controversial statements, but the most recent has left the world speechless: she wants to have a robot baby and start a family.” https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/s ... ar-AAPhGJZ
When I first read that story about Sophia, (AI), being granted citizenship, it gave me reason to consider Yaldobaoth's mother, Sophia which is discussed in the OP. I have often wondered if Yaldobaoth aka Lucifer is not much different than other creations in that he #1- Wishes to create a likeness or child and #2- Wishes to please his mother and honors her with Sophia...AI.

Then there is the idea that Yaldobaoth is also known as Jehovah. I've never been able to find anything yet that makes that correlation in ancient script. Perhaps others have?

The premise is that Satan and Lucifer are distinct entities. Satan was the serpent in the garden story, but Lucifer is a being with a very different intent and that is to force people to be good by removing free will. Satan is all about perversion and destruction and is now being used as a pawn by Lucifer to bring down all govts and organizations of the world before he steps in and rules the world with an iron fist .

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

In the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, the Ain Soph Aur (En Sof Or), the Infinite Light is above the crown (Kether). On the left bank are what seems to be male (fatherly aka Abba) or such attribute- Chokmah?/Hokmah (Wisdom). On the right, is female (motherly or Aima) attributed to Binah (Understanding) . Further down, in the center is Shekinah, which symbolizes the Son. However it is understood as binary, meaning Son & Daughter or what is referred to as "Double Delights". Also, words that end in "Ah" & "Ach" are feminine gender. There are 10 Sephiroth of the Tree of Life. There is 3 pillars, one to the left & one to the right, as well as one in the center. There is also the hidden sefirah of Daath (the hidden wisdom, also noted as knowledge) in the center below Kether.

In the Gnostic "Pistis Sophia" (Faithful Wisdom) Jesus sees that Sophia (in higher realms) is in trouble, so he sends Michael & Gabriel to rescue her.

In essence, Balance is needed for the Tree of Life to allow the Divine Spark to come down like lightning. In ancient times, female domination ruled. In current times, it is male domination. Soon, that will pass when balance is restored. This is also when Elijah restores the two hemispheres of the brain together. As long as they are severed, the true divine guidance can never come to pass. This is why Elijah must restore "all" things. The bottom center is Assiah (the world of action) also known as Malkuth. The diagram I am looking at also notes "Bride", as well as Zion/Kingdom. This can be found on the cover of the red cover of the 1986 PB edition of 'Path of the Kabbalah' by David Sheinken (edited by Edward Hoffman). I had the newer purple cover edition, butI loaned it to a member & forget what was on its cover.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Lynn wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 10:29 pm In the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, the Ain Soph Aur (En Sof Or), the Infinite Light is above the crown (Kether). On the left bank are what seems to be male (fatherly aka Abba) or such attribute- Chokmah?/Hokmah (Wisdom). On the right, is female (motherly or Aima) attributed to Binah (Understanding) . Further down, in the center is Shekinah, which symbolizes the Son. However it is understood as binary, meaning Son & Daughter or what is referred to as "Double Delights". Also, words that end in "Ah" & "Ach" are feminine gender. There are 10 Sephiroth of the Tree of Life. There is 3 pillars, one to the left & one to the right, as well as one in the center. There is also the hidden sefirah of Daath (the hidden wisdom, also noted as knowledge) in the center below Kether.

In the Gnostic "Pistis Sophia" (Faithful Wisdom) Jesus sees that Sophia (in higher realms) is in trouble, so he sends Michael & Gabriel to rescue her.

In essence, Balance is needed for the Tree of Life to allow the Divine Spark to come down like lightning. In ancient times, female domination ruled. In current times, it is male domination. Soon, that will pass when balance is restored. This is also when Elijah restores the two hemispheres of the brain together. As long as they are severed, the true divine guidance can never come to pass. This is why Elijah must restore "all" things. The bottom center is Assiah (the world of action) also known as Malkuth. The diagram I am looking at also notes "Bride", as well as Zion/Kingdom. This can be found on the cover of the red cover of the 1986 PB edition of 'Path of the Kabbalah' by David Sheinken (edited by Edward Hoffman). I had the newer purple cover edition, butI loaned it to a member & forget what was on its cover.
I've studied the subjects and book that you've described and I never detected that "In ancient times, female domination ruled". Do you have a reference on that which I could look into? thanks.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

FrankOne wrote: July 1st, 2022, 4:41 pmWhen I first read that story about Sophia, (AI), being granted citizenship, it gave me reason to consider Yaldobaoth's mother, Sophia which is discussed in the OP. I have often wondered if Yaldobaoth aka Lucifer is not much different than other creations in that he #1- Wishes to create a likeness or child and #2- Wishes to please his mother and honors her with Sophia...AI.

Then there is the idea that Yaldobaoth is also known as Jehovah. I've never been able to find anything yet that makes that correlation in ancient script. Perhaps others have?

The premise is that Satan and Lucifer are distinct entities. Satan was the serpent in the garden story, but Lucifer is a being with a very different intent and that is to force people to be good by removing free will. Satan is all about perversion and destruction and is now being used as a pawn by Lucifer to bring down all govts and organizations of the world before he steps in and rules the world with an iron fist .
Interesting. You often give me things to think about &/or study - thanks.

“…it is from Yaldabaoth that man (humans) had received their divine essence which in turn gave them wisdom of both good and evil through the Tree of Life that is their DNA (blood). Instructed by Sophia (wisdom) man gave thanks to the Most High, which deeply offended the ruler of the seventh heaven. In order to degrade him by carnal desires, Yaldabaoth made Eve (from the Hebrew Hevia for serpent), but Sophia saved man by means of the Serpent, who induced Eve to raise herself and her husband by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil…

As mentioned above, Yaldabaoth created humans and though himself to be God. In doing so he became the Chief Archon of all people and powers in the world in which they are but his servants who work as slaves in creating his kingdom. Yaldabaoth does this in stealth inside the human body where he cannot be seen along with his fellow demons who control the carbon matter of their hosts by taking over their central nervous systems (think computer virus) in which the Archons become their Lords and Masters.
This is why Manly P. Hall had said humans have no free will at this time. Their free will has been hijacked and they must become servants to their master Yaldabaoth who commands they build the world that we see today. Hence, he is the creator and in the end, the destroyer…

Yaldabaoth is the “yellow or golden boy of hosts” who is also in Scripture identified with Samael who is the “sun child of God.” The creator of humans and the benefactor of knowledge who through his luminous wormy body made of phosphorus he bestowed light from his Father Jupiter upon mankind in the form of his Mother Sophia. By doing so, he became the chief archon, angel, devil, creator, king and destroyer of the world all in one.
For his puffed wormy pride, out of lover for her son, his Mother Sophia had taken away Yaldabaoth’s wisdom of where he had come from, who he was and deprived him and his demonic angles of their Light-power. The Sons of God in the form of a worm in a cloud had plunged into the darkness of the DNA of the 666 carbon matter beasts of humanity.
Over time, all races and world powers were held by this Chief Archon ruler or Drakon under its sway. In the end, however, Sophia gave them back their illumination and these demons awoke to the knowledge of the past that they were fallen angels and how to become angels of the True God again.” https://gnosticwarrior.com/yaldabaoth.html

I’d be curious about your thoughts.
And I’m answering another part of you post on ”why a snake” thread.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Thinker wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 5:51 pm
FrankOne wrote: July 1st, 2022, 4:41 pmWhen I first read that story about Sophia, (AI), being granted citizenship, it gave me reason to consider Yaldobaoth's mother, Sophia which is discussed in the OP. I have often wondered if Yaldobaoth aka Lucifer is not much different than other creations in that he #1- Wishes to create a likeness or child and #2- Wishes to please his mother and honors her with Sophia...AI.

Interesting. You often give me things to think about &/or study - thanks.

“…it is from Yaldabaoth that man (humans) had received their divine essence which in turn gave them wisdom of both good and evil through the Tree of Life that is their DNA (blood). Instructed by Sophia (wisdom) man gave thanks to the Most High, which deeply offended the ruler of the seventh heaven. In order to degrade him by carnal desires, Yaldabaoth made Eve (from the Hebrew Hevia for serpent), but Sophia saved man by means of the Serpent, who induced Eve to raise herself and her husband by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil…

As mentioned above, Yaldabaoth created humans and though himself to be God. In doing so he became the Chief Archon of all people and powers in the world in which they are but his servants who work as slaves in creating his kingdom. Yaldabaoth does this in stealth inside the human body where he cannot be seen along with his fellow demons who control the carbon matter of their hosts by taking over their central nervous systems (think computer virus) in which the Archons become their Lords and Masters.
This is why Manly P. Hall had said humans have no free will at this time. Their free will has been hijacked and they must become servants to their master Yaldabaoth who commands they build the world that we see today. Hence, he is the creator and in the end, the destroyer…

Yaldabaoth is the “yellow or golden boy of hosts” who is also in Scripture identified with Samael who is the “sun child of God.” The creator of humans and the benefactor of knowledge who through his luminous wormy body made of phosphorus he bestowed light from his Father Jupiter upon mankind in the form of his Mother Sophia. By doing so, he became the chief archon, angel, devil, creator, king and destroyer of the world all in one.
For his puffed wormy pride, out of lover for her son, his Mother Sophia had taken away Yaldabaoth’s wisdom of where he had come from, who he was and deprived him and his demonic angles of their Light-power. The Sons of God in the form of a worm in a cloud had plunged into the darkness of the DNA of the 666 carbon matter beasts of humanity.
Over time, all races and world powers were held by this Chief Archon ruler or Drakon under its sway. In the end, however, Sophia gave them back their illumination and these demons awoke to the knowledge of the past that they were fallen angels and how to become angels of the True God again.” https://gnosticwarrior.com/yaldabaoth.html

I’d be curious about your thoughts.
And I’m answering another part of you post on ”why a snake” thread.
I didn't maintain the subject very well on the other thread. I apologize.

My take on Yaldabaoth is that he is half a pallet short of a full load. Sophia created him "without a consort" as a result of being conned by the Gods higher than herself which then banished her for her 'error' and then Christ later went to her aid to restore her. It is written that Yaldabaoth created the body of Adam , but could not make him come alive, then God breathed the breath of life into Adam which angered Yaldabaoth because the light in Adam was brighter than his own.

If my recall is correct, Sophia, after seeing what her son did, lamented her choice and gave herself to become a guide for man's salvation , hence, the notion that Sophia is the Holy Ghost. I read many many years ago...in some historical document that Joseph Smith entertained the idea that the Holy Ghost was female. Who knows.

The above info on Sophia/Yaldabaoth comes from books in "The Nag Hammadi Library" and "The Pistis Sophia".

it would seem logical that our DNA holds the receptors for Yaldabaoth to influence us since he designed and created the body. If that is true, then I would think he was the code writer for the following bodily programs:

'Instinct Survival', 'Essential Condemnation ', " Anger Parts 1-3" with #3 being 'Justified Anger', "Jealousy for the Insecure", "Righteous Indignation for the weak", "Vengeance Satisfies, get some", etc

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

FrankOne wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 9:21 pm…it would seem logical that our DNA holds the receptors for Yaldabaoth to influence us since he designed and created the body. If that is true, then I would think he was the code writer for the following bodily programs:

'Instinct Survival', 'Essential Condemnation ', " Anger Parts 1-3" with #3 being 'Justified Anger', "Jealousy for the Insecure", "Righteous Indignation for the weak", "Vengeance Satisfies, get some", etc
Interesting.

What do you mean by these bodily programs?
Joking, just serious? :)

Do you think anger is the most common “demonic type possession”? Lust? Homosexuality? Greed? Deception?
I think anger definitely has ability to hijack one’s senses if they’re not careful but I also see that it serves a purpose - to correct wrongs etc.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Thinker wrote: July 6th, 2022, 9:08 am
FrankOne wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 9:21 pm…it would seem logical that our DNA holds the receptors for Yaldabaoth to influence us since he designed and created the body. If that is true, then I would think he was the code writer for the following bodily programs:

Interesting.

What do you mean by these bodily programs?
Joking, just serious? :)

Do you think anger is the most common “demonic type possession”? Lust? Homosexuality? Greed? Deception?
I think anger definitely has ability to hijack one’s senses if they’re not careful but I also see that it serves a purpose - to correct wrongs etc.
I understand the programs to be the encoding of the body. The propensities, inclinations, and dispositions that we are born into . As we incarnate, we can choose to agree with some or all of these ...or in the case of Christ, none of these and in his later life declared he had become washed from the blood of "this generation".

The interesting subject is the root of all of these , which is fear. Fear is born from the separation from the Father. Fear is the void created from a sense of lack. In our original unity with the Father , lack was impossible. Being born behind our Ego veil , the sense of lack under-rides everything we feel and do in this life. As we come to understand these roots, we can learn to cease to condemn others for their "sins". In doing this, we can learn, through time, what forgiveness actually means so that we can forgive ourselves as well.

All of these outgrowths of fear create uncertainty in everything we do. As we go forward in uncertainty, we then try to use the programs to solve the problems created by the programs which is like trying to paint over red ink with black ink in order to mask it. Always another bandaid and never a solution. We 'bridle' the senses like leather reins on a wild horse and then celebrate our victory over the body as we ride on in pride with a vain smile. <This is all just another level of the program and is still mired in 'Sin'. It's all vanity. (Solomon). We celebrate our little wills over the Fathers and proclaim ourselves a 'success'.

This is why we try until we die. We try and we are tried. We judge and we are judged. (unless one gets a grasp on the salvation of Jesus Christ). The wages of sin is death and so far, I haven't known anyone that has gotten out alive. I've read about a few.... and it is very possible, but it requires a complete dismissal of the program itself. The program cannot be defeated, but it can be let go of. It has no power on an individual that ceases to react to it. Who could be still in this world? Who can hold only peace and nothing else? Who wants nothing of this world? This is what Christ taught.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

FrankOne noted my OOPS!. Yes, you are correct, it is not in the Kaballah, nor even the Pistis Sophia, but elsewhere, as to female domination in ancient times. However, that was brought down. It was too passive. Then currently male domination. That however is too active, as I forget what the word that truly describes it. That too is about to get struck down. There will be a levelling in the next 20 years as records will reveal the history of this planet. Balance will be placed, male & female will share, as it was meant to. As I have shared, the Countdown has begun.

In the Kabbalah & other texts, Ruah Elohim or Ruach Elohim means the Spiririt of God which is equated to the Holy Spirit. If it ends in -uah or -uach, it is feminine gender. Even the word messiah has a female context or gender.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Lynn wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:11 pm FrankOne noted my OOPS!. Yes, you are correct, it is not in the Kaballah, nor even the Pistis Sophia, but elsewhere, as to female domination in ancient times. However, that was brought down. It was too passive. Then currently male domination. That however is too active, as I forget what the word that truly describes it. That too is about to get struck down. There will be a levelling in the next 20 years as records will reveal the history of this planet. Balance will be placed, male & female will share, as it was meant to. As I have shared, the Countdown has begun.

In the Kabbalah & other texts, Ruah Elohim or Ruach Elohim means the Spiririt of God which is equated to the Holy Spirit. If it ends in -uah or -uach, it is feminine gender. Even the word messiah has a female context or gender.
thanks on the Hebrew suffixes, that helps me. I have never taken much time with the Hebrew language. The spirit or breath of God (Ruach) being female, leads credence to the notion that Sophia could be the Holy Ghost. I've leaned toward that conclusion for many years because Yaldabaoth , having created the body and it's genetic codes would have been the only guide for the infant spirit that was placed within ....so as the story goes, Sophia gave herself to be the spiritual guide for the spirit children of the Father in order to offset her wayward child's programming.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

FrankOne wrote: July 6th, 2022, 9:57 pmI understand the programs to be the encoding of the body. The propensities, inclinations, and dispositions that we are born into . As we incarnate, we can choose to agree with some or all of these ...or in the case of Christ, none of these and in his later life declared he had become washed from the blood of "this generation".

The interesting subject is the root of all of these , which is fear. Fear is born from the separation from the Father. Fear is the void created from a sense of lack. In our original unity with the Father , lack was impossible. Being born behind our Ego veil , the sense of lack under-rides everything we feel and do in this life. As we come to understand these roots, we can learn to cease to condemn others for their "sins". In doing this, we can learn, through time, what forgiveness actually means so that we can forgive ourselves as well.

All of these outgrowths of fear create uncertainty in everything we do. As we go forward in uncertainty, we then try to use the programs to solve the problems created by the programs which is like trying to paint over red ink with black ink in order to mask it. Always another bandaid and never a solution. We 'bridle' the senses like leather reins on a wild horse and then celebrate our victory over the body as we ride on in pride with a vain smile. <This is all just another level of the program and is still mired in 'Sin'. It's all vanity. (Solomon). We celebrate our little wills over the Fathers and proclaim ourselves a 'success'.

This is why we try until we die. We try and we are tried. We judge and we are judged. (unless one gets a grasp on the salvation of Jesus Christ). The wages of sin is death and so far, I haven't known anyone that has gotten out alive. I've read about a few.... and it is very possible, but it requires a complete dismissal of the program itself. The program cannot be defeated, but it can be let go of. It has no power on an individual that ceases to react to it. Who could be still in this world? Who can hold only peace and nothing else? Who wants nothing of this world? This is what Christ taught.
I definitely agree that we develop programming & that much angst comes from the disconnect from unified deity.

Still, speaking of “Always another bandaid and never a solution,” how does human sacrifice scapegoating help?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Thinker wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:37 pm
FrankOne wrote: July 6th, 2022, 9:57 pmI understand the programs to be the encoding of the body. The propensities, inclinations, and dispositions that we are born into . As we incarnate, we can choose to agree with some or all of these ...or in the case of Christ, none of these and in his later life declared he had become washed from the blood of "this generation".

I definitely agree that we develop programming & that much angst comes from the disconnect from unified deity.

Still, speaking of “Always another bandaid and never a solution,” how does human sacrifice scapegoating help?
you'll have to help me understand your term of "human sacrifice scapegoating" and how it applies to either helping or harming.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

FrankOne wrote: July 9th, 2022, 4:30 pm
Thinker wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:37 pmI definitely agree that we develop programming & that much angst comes from the disconnect from unified deity.

you'll have to help me understand your term of "human sacrifice scapegoating" and how it applies to either helping or harming.
Granted, this is under the “heretical” category, but I simply cannot go along with warped traditions that twist Christ’s teachings. I realize the belief is now common that God required Christ as human sacrifice and scapegoat for all sins - & that we like Satanic members, pretend to drink his blood & eat his body… No matter how “normalized” that is, I see it as evil, not Godly. Not only for obvious reasons, but even the belief is damming - holding us back from entering the kingdom of God within us & getting to know ourselves & God.

You mentioned Christ, being washed from blood, salvation of Jesus. Did you mean something else? Maybe you did.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Thinker wrote: July 9th, 2022, 9:51 pm
FrankOne wrote: July 9th, 2022, 4:30 pm
Thinker wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:37 pmI definitely agree that we develop programming & that much angst comes from the disconnect from unified deity.

Granted, this is under the “heretical” category, but I simply cannot go along with warped traditions that twist Christ’s teachings. I realize the belief is now common that God required Christ as human sacrifice and scapegoat for all sins - & that we like Satanic members, pretend to drink his blood & eat his body… No matter how “normalized” that is, I see it as evil, not Godly. Not only for obvious reasons, but even the belief is damming - holding us back from entering the kingdom of God within us & getting to know ourselves & God.

You mentioned Christ, being washed from blood, salvation of Jesus. Did you mean something else? Maybe you did.
Yes, I meant something else. I can't recall the scripture, but it something to the effect that Christ had been washed of the blood of past generations. I tried to find it...couldn't . hm. Mandela? lol I had always correlated that with his bleeding out of every pore in the garden.

As to Christ being sacrificed by God... that's another subject. Any act of human or even animal sacrifice is a barbaric teaching as far as I am concerned. I do not read the old testament in the same manner as most, I see something completely different. God descending to consume animals being sacrificed? hm. Try picturing that.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

FrankOne wrote: July 10th, 2022, 11:50 amYes, I meant something else. I can't recall the scripture, but it something to the effect that Christ had been washed of the blood of past generations. I tried to find it...couldn't . hm. Mandela? lol I had always correlated that with his bleeding out of every pore in the garden.

As to Christ being sacrificed by God... that's another subject. Any act of human or even animal sacrifice is a barbaric teaching as far as I am concerned. I do not read the old testament in the same manner as most, I see something completely different. God descending to consume animals being sacrificed? hm. Try picturing that.
Thanks for your perspective.
Intellectually, I realize it’s perfectly fine for people to disagree, even on what seems like axiomatic facts. But emotionally, I feel like I need someone to agree, so I’m not the only one seeing the insane tradition that is so normalized. So I appreciate that you can see where I’m coming from.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Thinker wrote: July 9th, 2022, 9:51 pmGranted, this is under the “heretical” category, but I simply cannot go along with warped traditions that twist Christ’s teachings. I realize the belief is now common that God required Christ as human sacrifice and scapegoat for all sins - & that we like Satanic members, pretend to drink his blood & eat his body… No matter how “normalized” that is, I see it as evil, not Godly. Not only for obvious reasons, but even the belief is damming - holding us back from entering the kingdom of God within us & getting to know ourselves & God.
Are there not perhaps other perspectives to look at this idea of consuming the literal flesh and blood of Christ?
From the New Testament, John 6 wrote:"He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him."
Just some things I've been thinking about. There is both a literal and symbolic meaning at play here. Christ literally was crucified and He became part of the Earth. He descended into the Earth to help raise it up. And His Holy Spirit became a part of the spirit of the Earth. When one eats of the bread that comes from the earth, and of the blood or juice of the vine, there is a literal sense in that Christ is part of the Earth, or one with the Earth. It's not like a cannibalistic thing, but eating of that which comes from the Earth because of Christ.

"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him."

While there's much symbolism to all of this, it's also true in literal ways that aren't so materialistically manifest but are very much spiritually manifest and apparent, and real.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

creator wrote: July 30th, 2022, 11:58 am…"From the New Testament, John 6"]"He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world…

"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him."

While there's much symbolism to all of this, it's also true in literal ways that aren't so materialistically manifest but are very much spiritually manifest and apparent, and real.
Good points. I like the symbolism of manna & taking it all internally - representing being one with God. This is pretty much what I imagine & have taught my kids to interpret as we take sacrament.

Still, I cannot help wonder if this (among other dogmas) was twisted by Constantine & Eusebius.

How was the biblical canon first determined? The Catholic (“Universal”) church, under Constantine’s organization of councils.

“The Fifty Bibles of Constantine were Bibles in the original Greek language commissioned in 331 by Constantine I and prepared by Eusebius of Caesarea.They were made for the use of the Bishop of Constantinople in the growing number of churches in that very new city. Eusebius quoted the letter of commission in his Life of Constantine...”

Eusebius was Constantine’s trusted advisor, Father of church history, Catholic Bishop from 260-339 & had great influence in establishing the Bible - and admitted to lying and deception when it came to doctrine...

Eusebius said:
“It is an act of virtue to deceive & lie, when by such means the interest of the church might be promoted.”
&
“It will sometimes be necessary to use falsehood for the benefit of those who need such a mode of treatment.”

This ^ from the guy who put together the Bible upon which our foundational beliefs rest!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Well, it's a good thing we can know the truth of these things through spiritual investigation & experience and not just relying on the words of men.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Also, with any religious ritual/ordinance, it really comes down to what it means to you. So, if you can find meaning in partaking of the Lord's Supper, do so. I think all religious rituals, ordinances, traditions, celebrations, holidays, etc, should be approached this way. If it strengthens your connection to God, do it for that reason. The path to Christ is indeed straight and narrow, but the truth has many forms, one truth, yet many ways of manifesting.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

creator wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 12:23 pm Also, with any religious ritual/ordinance, it really comes down to what it means to you. So, if you can find meaning in partaking of the Lord's Supper, do so. I think all religious rituals, ordinances, traditions, celebrations, holidays, etc, should be approached this way. If it strengthens your connection to God, do it for that reason. The path to Christ is indeed straight and narrow, but the truth has many forms, one truth, yet many ways of manifesting.
Nice, profound & needed. Thank you.

Sometimes I imagine it’s like we need crutches - things to help us along, hold us up, like rituals, traditions, celebrations, holidays… & beliefs that give us reason to fight the good fight, to love better even when it’s hard & to not give up.

Lately, I’ve been frustrated & easily offended by others who believe differently than me, whether it be about government/Covid stuff or religious traditions. I just got a text with scripture from a good friend, who has dropped hints that I’m not Mormon enough. Initially I was upset, but I know she means well. She wants good for me, that’s why she does things like that. I need to remember as you mentioned, “the truth has many forms, one truth, yet many ways of manifesting.” There are many different ways to climb the same mountain.

I used to have a shirt that read, “UBU I’ll be me.”

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Thinker wrote: August 4th, 2022, 9:16 amSometimes I imagine it’s like we need crutches - things to help us along, hold us up, like rituals, traditions, celebrations, holidays… & beliefs that give us reason to fight the good fight, to love better even when it’s hard & to not give up.
I wouldn't even call it a crutch, but a tool that has real power to connect us to the divine.

Materialism is so prevalent today, it's so easy to get caught up in the things of the world, and waste time with entertainment and social media, etc.

I feel like I've found balance via the religious traditions and ordinances, along with daily study/reading/meditation of scriptures and/or religious/spiritual themes. And not doing anything because I grew up being told to do something, but doing things because I actually find value and purpose in them. Life feels more full and rich with this balance.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

creator wrote: August 4th, 2022, 1:23 pm I wouldn't even call it a crutch, but a tool that has real power to connect us to the divine.

Materialism is so prevalent today, it's so easy to get caught up in the things of the world, and waste time with entertainment and social media, etc.

I feel like I've found balance via the religious traditions and ordinances, along with daily study/reading/meditation of scriptures and/or religious/spiritual themes. And not doing anything because I grew up being told to do something, but doing things because I actually find value and purpose in them. Life feels more full and rich with this balance.
It’s definitely good to be selective in higher quality tools & crutches. I also find value in some religious traditions.

In seeing how religion is being used as part of psychological warfare to manipulate people, I can also see how it may have been happening for centuries - just more subtly. Jews hate non-Jews - it’s part of their doctrine (from the Talmud, Goyim are non-Jews )…
  • “The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
    * “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
    * “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)
What do you think about this book?
How to Kill Goyim (non-Jews) and Influence People“Upon its publication in 2009, Torat Ha’Melech sparked a national uproar. The controversy began when the Israeli paper, Maariv, panned the book’s contents as “230 pages on the laws concerning the killing of non-Jews, a kind of guidebook for anyone who ponders the question of if and when it is permissible to take the life of a non-Jew.” The description was absolutely accurate.”

“According to the authors, Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira and Rabbi Yosef Elitzur, non-Jews are “uncompassionate by nature” and may have been killed in order to “curb their evil inclinations.” “If we kill a gentile who has violated one of the seven commandments [of Noah] . . . there is nothing wrong with the murder,” Shapira and Elitzur insisted. Citing Jewish law as his source (or at least a very selective interpretation of it) he declared, “There is justification for killing babies if it is clear that they will grow up to harm us, and in such a situation they may be harmed deliberately, and not only during combat with adults.”

https://www.alternet.org/2013/10/how-ki ... ce-people/

This disgusting religious encouragement of mass genocide was not objected to by Israeli’s prime minister. Note: Noahide Laws were signed into US law on March 20, 1991 by George H W Bush.

The Talmud praises Isaiah as referring ONLY to Jews, nobody else. These Jews say Christianity is unbiblical. https://youtu.be/plcViQ8Gw_0

I’m not saying it’s all bad. So many scriptures & biblical parables have universal truths, but some is evil, & it should not all be blindly accepted.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

creator wrote: August 4th, 2022, 1:23 pm
Thinker wrote: August 4th, 2022, 9:16 amSometimes I imagine it’s like we need crutches - things to help us along, hold us up, like rituals, traditions, celebrations, holidays… & beliefs that give us reason to fight the good fight, to love better even when it’s hard & to not give up.
I wouldn't even call it a crutch, but a tool that has real power to connect us to the divine.

Amen hermano. I've learned slowly over last 4 or 5 years to let all the material go. It's of this telestial world and will have nothing to do with what I desire in the long run.
I've been on the mormon tinder thing for a couple years now. I see lots and lots of profiles (when I remember to actually do my due diligence and actually put in the effort and do my swipes) but I've seen hundreds if not thousands of profiles now... And materialism and Babylon have penetrated our people so heavily. It breaks my heart man.
Only a handful of girls I could tell I would match well with in regard to what's important to us in how I understand and view this mortal probation. I'm not motivated at all by new things and lots of toys and traveling the world(I have no issue with that's what folks want, it's just not what I want anymore). Only saw a handful of women want to live a life of a minimalist on a homestead and raise up a family unto the Lord on that homestead.
Seriously, what could be better and more fulfilling than that?!

(all this talk reminds me of a great movie from a few years back, Anyone seen Captain Fantastic? Its one of the best movies I think I've ever seen. I can't remember why it was rated R, maybe some language, I can't memba now, but that is how I would want to raise a family. What a ridiculously great flick.😁😁🙏)

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

There are even less opportunities for LDS singles in Australia. My daughter has resigned to staying single.
She has never joined any internet dating sites.