Leviticus 26 or Deuteronomy 28

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Leviticus 26 or Deuteronomy 28

Post by mes5464 »

These chapters were brought to my attention by the Old Testament institute manuals. They were described as two of the most important chapters in scripture. In light of the news about diesel shortages, I was reminded of these. I recommend everyone give them a read.

scottja
captain of 100

Re: Leviticus 26 or Deuteronomy 28

Post by scottja »

WOW!!! Thanks for posting.

It was like IF ...... BUT IF NOT .....

We as a nation are fully in the "BUT IF NOT" side of things.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=KJV

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

I have been making my way through Leviticus 26 since you posted. What a great measuring tool to tell if one is currently falling into the blessed or cursed category - - as an individual or a community.

This part of the chapter, to me, sums up a lot of the reason for discussion we have, these days, on LDSFF. This is a process we HAVE TO go through. It’s not “murmuring and complaining” - - it’s confessing the iniquity in which we once took part and in which our “fathers” (leaders/elders/etc) continue to lead the people.

40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Pazooka wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:58 am I have been making my way through Leviticus 26 since you posted. What a great measuring tool to tell if one is currently falling into the blessed or cursed category - - as an individual or a community.

This part of the chapter, to me, sums up a lot of the reason for discussion we have, these days, on LDSFF. This is a process we HAVE TO go through. It’s not “murmuring and complaining” - - it’s confessing the iniquity in which we once took part and in which our “fathers” (leaders/elders/etc) continue to lead the people.

40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
I think I need to learn how to do this.

"they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity"

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Pazooka wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:58 am I have been making my way through Leviticus 26 since you posted. What a great measuring tool to tell if one is currently falling into the blessed or cursed category - - as an individual or a community.

NOT murmuring or complaing? bwahahahahahahahah pious indeed . . . . you guys just put out bait

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

in the words of a pharisee . . . we have the truth not this Christ guy

itsmerich
captain of 100

Post by itsmerich »

scottja wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:02 am WOW!!! Thanks for posting.

fantastic scriptures - a question to you and the group - an honest question does the blessings/cursings relate to the children of israel while w/ moses - I lean that those were specific for that time period/covenant at that time. love to know your thoughts

I Dont Know...
captain of 100

Post by I Dont Know... »

itsmerich wrote: June 26th, 2022, 9:57 pm
scottja wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:02 am WOW!!! Thanks for posting.

fantastic scriptures - a question to you and the group - an honest question does the blessings/cursings relate to the children of israel while w/ moses - I lean that those were specific for that time period/covenant at that time. love to know your thoughts
...No...they are in play as we speak...reference...Holy Ghost...