BYU students and faculty gather in first-ever approved LGBTQ demonstration

Discuss political news items / current events.
4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Re: BYU students and faculty gather in first-ever approved LGBTQ demonstration

Post by 4Joshua8 »

From Romans 1:

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

blitzinstripes wrote: June 14th, 2022, 4:42 pm I imagine we are very close to seeing gay "married" couples get a temple recommend. If they have made the standard the same as for heterosexual members, then rationally speaking, if they are married, they should be treated like any other married couple.

Seems like they have made a pact with Babylon and Babylon has painted them into a corner.

That's what happens when you try to change the definition of SIN.
I am sure that in the near future we will no longer consider sexual relations by legally married same sex couples as fornication.

This is the natural fruit of elevating the 2nd great commandment over the first. We remove the context and definition of what it means to love and replace it with a worldly definition. The evolution of this is that the only real sin is believing that there is sin. Instead of you sacrificing your will to God and becoming a new creature, your will becomes of paramount importance and God simply exists to affirm your decadence.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Thanks for all the quotes on this thread. I wrote this to share on another platform, but I felt that it added a little more information to the issues:

Forget Everything Said in Days Past that is Contrary to the Present Revelation

In 2014, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints discarded generations of Doctrine taught at pulpits since the beginning of the Latter Day Church; they rejected the words of ancient Prophets and the Savior, found in the standard works. That was the year, the Church officially claimed that having same-sex attraction was not a sin. Never mind that we are taught “as a man thinketh, so is he.” This perverted policy shift threw open the doors wide, to engaging in thoughts, which inevitably results in actions. If you doubt that, check out the numbers for pre-marital relations since Sex-Ed was introduced to schools.

Feelings of same-sex attraction are “not a sin.” Elder President M. Russell Ballard said that at a 2014 CES Fireside: “Let us be clear: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes that ‘the experience of same-sex attraction is a complex reality for many people. The attraction itself is not a sin, but acting on it is. https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... attraction

In the last week, Brigham Young University held their first “Approved” demonstration/rally for LBGT students. It is with a sad heart, that I came across the following 45 year old quote from Elder McKonkie. Just needed to tweak it a little to apply it to 2022:
We have read these passages and their associated passages for many years. We have seen what the words say and have said to ourselves, “Yes, it says that, but we must read out of it the taking of the gospel and the blessings of the temple to the Negro [Homosexual] people, because they are denied certain things.” ...All I can say to that is that it is time disbelieving people repented and got in line and believed in a living, modern prophet. Forget everything that I have said, or what President Brigham Young or President George Q. Cannon or whomsoever has said in days past that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world.

We get our truth and our light line upon line and precept upon precept. We have now had added a new flood of intelligence and light on this particular subject, and it erases all the darkness and all the views and all the thoughts of the past. They don’t matter any more.

It doesn’t make a particle of difference what anybody ever said about the Negro [Homosexual] matter before the first day of June of this year, 1978 [2014]. It is a new day and a new arrangement, and the Lord has now given the revelation that sheds light out into the world on this subject. As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them.
All Are Alike unto God, Bruce R. McConkie, Apostle, August 18, 1978

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I see a huge difference between the issue of blacks and the priesthood and same sex “attraction”. Accepting homosexuality strikes against the heart of the Lord’s design for the family and procreation. Acceptance of homosexuality has led to a huge growth in the number of those who claim same sex attraction among the youth. It has become a fad among the youth. It is completely unnatural. To give in on the issue simply invites more of this behavior. Grooming becomes acceptable. BYU has completely changed its mission when it accepts this behavior. Behavior we never contemplated when I was a BYU student becomes legitimate.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Kit-OTW wrote: June 14th, 2022, 5:38 pm Thanks for all the quotes on this thread. I wrote this to share on another platform, but I felt that it added a little more information to the issues:

Forget Everything Said in Days Past that is Contrary to the Present Revelation

In 2014, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints discarded generations of Doctrine taught at pulpits since the beginning of the Latter Day Church; they rejected the words of ancient Prophets and the Savior, found in the standard works. That was the year, the Church officially claimed that having same-sex attraction was not a sin. Never mind that we are taught “as a man thinketh, so is he.” This perverted policy shift threw open the doors wide, to engaging in thoughts, which inevitably results in actions. If you doubt that, check out the numbers for pre-marital relations since Sex-Ed was introduced to schools.

Feelings of same-sex attraction are “not a sin.” Elder President M. Russell Ballard said that at a 2014 CES Fireside: “Let us be clear: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes that ‘the experience of same-sex attraction is a complex reality for many people. The attraction itself is not a sin, but acting on it is. https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... attraction

In the last week, Brigham Young University held their first “Approved” demonstration/rally for LBGT students. It is with a sad heart, that I came across the following 45 year old quote from Elder McKonkie. Just needed to tweak it a little to apply it to 2022:
We have read these passages and their associated passages for many years. We have seen what the words say and have said to ourselves, “Yes, it says that, but we must read out of it the taking of the gospel and the blessings of the temple to the Negro [Homosexual] people, because they are denied certain things.” ...All I can say to that is that it is time disbelieving people repented and got in line and believed in a living, modern prophet. Forget everything that I have said, or what President Brigham Young or President George Q. Cannon or whomsoever has said in days past that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world.

We get our truth and our light line upon line and precept upon precept. We have now had added a new flood of intelligence and light on this particular subject, and it erases all the darkness and all the views and all the thoughts of the past. They don’t matter any more.

It doesn’t make a particle of difference what anybody ever said about the Negro [Homosexual] matter before the first day of June of this year, 1978 [2014]. It is a new day and a new arrangement, and the Lord has now given the revelation that sheds light out into the world on this subject. As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them.
All Are Alike unto God, Bruce R. McConkie, Apostle, August 18, 1978
This is how false prophets operate.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Christianlee wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:12 pm I put the article on Facebook. The members are saying how much they love that this is happening. This is not the church I joined 50 years ago. Slippery slope.
This isn't the church all of us joined when we were baptized.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

I don't recall God destroying an entire race because of the color of their skin. But I CLEARLY recall God burning a couple of infamous cities to the ground in his wrath, because they were homos.

Nobody chooses the color of their skin. Every homo in the history of the world has CHOSEN to perform that unholy union.

Experiencing temptation is not a sin. Identifying yourself as the temptation and submitting to it, certainly is.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

blitzinstripes wrote: June 14th, 2022, 6:40 pm I don't recall God destroying an entire race because of the color of their skin. But I CLEARLY recall God burning a couple of infamous cities to the ground in his wrath, because they were homos.
Most recently, New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina! But don't say that was an act of God or God's judgement, else ye be excommunicated!

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

h_p wrote: June 14th, 2022, 1:10 pm
tribrac wrote: June 14th, 2022, 12:34 pm Wait...did they just say that because we have an ongoing restoration we can dismiss everything that was said before this moment?

Hasn't that same message been the theme of President Nelson's administration?

Truth is what we tell you it is today.
This is nothing new.
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:Beware of those who would set up the dead prophets against the living prophets, for the living prophets always take precedence.
Wilford Woodruff wrote:When he concluded, Brother Joseph turned to Brother Brigham Young and said, “Brother Brigham I want you to take the stand and tell us your views with regard to the written oracles and the written word of God.” Brother Brigham took the stand, and he took the Bible, and laid it down; he took the Book of Mormon, and laid it down; and he took the Book of Doctrine and Covenants, and laid it down before him, and he said: “There is the written word of God to us, concerning the work of God from the beginning of the world, almost, to our day.” “And now,” said he, “when compared with the living oracles those books are nothing to me; those books do not convey the word of God direct to us now, as do the words of a Prophet or a man bearing the Holy Priesthood in our day and generation. I would rather have the living oracles than all the writing in the books.” That was the course he pursued. When he was through, Brother Joseph said to the congregation: “Brother Brigham has told you the word of the Lord, and he has told you the truth.”
It's up to the membership to reconcile--or simply ignore--what was said before with what is being said presently.
I will not and cannot reconcile it.

You make it sound as if RMN took the pulpit today and declared that Satan himself was the one true God, that you would accept it wholeheartedly as the truth despite volumes of scriptures and hundreds of Prophets who said otherwise.

I do believe in receiving additional light and truth. I DO NOT believe in direct opposition and contradictions to the scriptures.

I have the written Word, and I have the Holy Ghost.

You can keep your modern day Pharisees that preach the doctrines of men, mingled with scripture. They serve their $ and their gods of Babylon. And with each passing day it is becoming more clear, and more and more members are awakening to a sense of their awful situation.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

h_p wrote: June 14th, 2022, 1:10 pm
tribrac wrote: June 14th, 2022, 12:34 pm Wait...did they just say that because we have an ongoing restoration we can dismiss everything that was said before this moment?

This is nothing new.
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:Beware of those who would set up the dead prophets against the living prophets, for the living prophets always take precedence.
Wilford Woodruff wrote:When he concluded, Brother Joseph turned to Brother Brigham Young and said, “Brother Brigham I want you to take the stand and tell us your views with regard to the written oracles and the written word of God.” Brother Brigham took the stand, and he took the Bible, and laid it down; he took the Book of Mormon, and laid it down; and he took the Book of Doctrine and Covenants, and laid it down before him, and he said: “There is the written word of God to us, concerning the work of God from the beginning of the world, almost, to our day.” “And now,” said he, “when compared with the living oracles those books are nothing to me; those books do not convey the word of God direct to us now, as do the words of a Prophet or a man bearing the Holy Priesthood in our day and generation. I would rather have the living oracles than all the writing in the books.” That was the course he pursued. When he was through, Brother Joseph said to the congregation: “Brother Brigham has told you the word of the Lord, and he has told you the truth.”
It's up to the membership to reconcile--or simply ignore--what was said before with what is being said presently.
I invite you to consider Lehi's dream. Is the "Iron Rod" the word of God, or not? If it is, what constitutes the "word of God." Let's see, an angel appeared to Nephi to tell him where a sacred record was, that was prepared of God for the restoration of His gospel. Lehi was told to send his sons back to get the Plates of Brass, so that his people would not dwindle in unbelief. Miraculously, some Nephites looking for Zarahemla, found the destroyed Jaredites, and found a precious record. A multitude of Prophets, ancient and modern died for the faith, and to bring us these records. Isaiah is one example. Are you really going to believe that God's hard work, for thousands upon thousands of years, is for naught, good only to be cast aside if the current prophet says so. I think you are walking on shaky ground.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Since everything said in the past can now be ignored, and everything said today will probably be ignored tomorrow...

Am I wrong to ignore everything someone else says and live according to my own concise?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

blitzinstripes wrote: June 14th, 2022, 6:52 pm You make it sound as if RMN took the pulpit today and declared that Satan himself was the one true God, that you would accept it wholeheartedly as the truth despite volumes of scriptures and hundreds of Prophets who said otherwise.

I do believe in receiving additional light and truth. I DO NOT believe in direct opposition and contradictions to the scriptures.

You can keep your modern day Pharisees that preach the doctrines of men, mingled with scripture. They serve their $ and their gods of Babylon. And with each passing day it is becoming more clear, and more and more members are awakening to a sense of their awful situation.
I wasn't saying I agreed with it. I was just pointing out that this isn't anything new with Nelson. It goes all the way back to the early days. The membership is left to figure out how to reconcile the contradictions because the leadership acts like the new doctrine is how it's always been.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

h_p wrote: June 14th, 2022, 8:21 pm
blitzinstripes wrote: June 14th, 2022, 6:52 pm You make it sound as if RMN took the pulpit today and declared that Satan himself was the one true God, that you would accept it wholeheartedly as the truth despite volumes of scriptures and hundreds of Prophets who said otherwise.

I wasn't saying I agreed with it. I was just pointing out that this isn't anything new with Nelson. It goes all the way back to the early days. The membership is left to figure out how to reconcile the contradictions because the leadership acts like the new doctrine is how it's always been.
I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood your post.

And I agree. There are a lot of members asking themselves the difficult questions now. I see a great awakening in the church. People are demanding answers now. The old cop out of "just have faith in us, and remember- we can never lead you astray", just doesn't cut it anymore.

I like J. Reuben Clark's quote: “If we have the truth, it cannot be harmed by investigation. If we have not the truth, it ought to be harmed.”

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

blitzinstripes wrote: June 14th, 2022, 8:32 pm I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood your post.

And I agree. There are a lot of members asking themselves the difficult questions now. I see a great awakening in the church. People are demanding answers now. The old cop out of "just have faith in us, and remember- we can never lead you astray", just doesn't cut it anymore.

I like J. Reuben Clark's quote: “If we have the truth, it cannot be harmed by investigation. If we have not the truth, it ought to be harmed.”
Re-reading what I wrote, I can see how I came off sounding like one of the forum's favorite apologists. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was thinking of how when I've pointed out things like that to some of my family members who are still in the "never astray" camp, they invariably do one of two things: they either come up with excuses that they obviously made up on the spot, just to try to keep it all straight in their head, or they brush it off as anti-mormon lies. They're afraid to dig deeper out of fear for what they might find. Kind of sad, really.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

The raynbow club from byu should take a field trip to San Francisco where they would see the real world effects of the gay lifestyle. The sanctified version being lived at byu is not real.....queer Mormons who are singing "love one another" have alot to learn. Celibacy really isn't part of the lgbtqiia+ plan.....

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I have my house on the market at present. The highest offer I have received is from a homosexual "couple". Their (cash) offer is about $30,000 higher than the asking price, and $65,000 higher than any other offer.
I have lived here for 29 years and raised my family here. I don't want my home to be defiled.
Should I sell to them?

Perched Eagle
captain of 100

Post by Perched Eagle »

Good question. Personally I wouldn’t.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:00 pm

It's like Disney taking over the Star Wars franchise.

The canonized lore that was established over decades can now be uprooted and thrown away.

"You know how the Force works like this? Yeah, well not anymore."

"Remember how Luke Skywalker was a stalwart Jedi that understood good vs. evil? Yeah, well now he's a loser pansy coward."

"The sacred Jedi texts? Burn them."
I once love Starwars. Kathleen Kennedy and her woke LGBTQV mob have ruined it for me.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Robin Hood wrote: June 15th, 2022, 12:11 am I have my house on the market at present. The highest offer I have received is from a homosexual "couple". Their (cash) offer is about $30,000 higher than the asking price, and $65,000 higher than any other offer.
I have lived here for 29 years and raised my family here. I don't want my home to be defiled.
Should I sell to them?

NOPE!

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Robin Hood wrote: June 15th, 2022, 12:11 am I have my house on the market at present. The highest offer I have received is from a homosexual "couple". Their (cash) offer is about $30,000 higher than the asking price, and $65,000 higher than any other offer.
Should I sell to them?
I would counsel with the Lord in that "doing," as we read in that scripture verse. He may not have cast these two aside, but rather has a plan to help them be better. My first reaction would be "no," but God doesn't think like us. And He sees far beyond our limited view.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Should I sell to them?
I don’t know what to tell you to do.
But a couple of thoughts…. it will no longer be your home. It is only a place, a thing. Who’s to say it won’t be “defiled” in other ways if someone else buys it?

I’ve been thinking lately about this….
I think sometimes we, myself included, put too much stock in places, thinking churches, homes, etc can be holy or evil.
When in reality it’s people who are righteous or evil.
If people defile themselves somewhere, then I think the place remains neutral, because places don’t have a spirit since they aren’t a living thing.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Mamabear wrote: June 15th, 2022, 9:02 am
Should I sell to them?
But a couple of thoughts…. it will no longer be your home. It is only a place, a thing. Who’s to say it won’t be “defiled” in other ways if someone else buys it?

I think sometimes we, myself included, put too much stock in places, thinking churches, homes, etc can be holy or evil.
If people defile themselves somewhere, then I think the place remains neutral, because places don’t have a spirit since they aren’t a living thing.
But the only reason you are selling to them is b/c they offered enough money. I'd sell to someone else. Money ain't my god.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

spiritMan wrote: June 15th, 2022, 9:20 am
Should I sell to them?

But the only reason you are selling to them is b/c they offered enough money. I'd sell to someone else. Money ain't my god.
My thoughts were based on the gay couple not the money.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Should I sell to them?

After personal experiences and reading some Near Death Experiences, I believe that if something evil is done in a place, or on something, that can become evil. We know that many "things" like trees and water and mountains are living and responsive to the voice of the creator. If that "thing" is sentient enough to recognize the voice of the Master, it is likely that they are sentient enough to know when they are being used for evil. On a large scale, we know the earth comes into commotion, when there is evil upon it, because we are told so in the scriptures. I have read of a desk or couch that was in mourning because of wicked use, seen by one in a NDE.

As far as personal experiences, my family member lived in a house a long time ago. She noticed a significant change/problem in a specific area of the house. This area extended through both levels of the house. When the family member inquired about it from the former owner, it was admitted that someone had taken his life in that exact spot.

Portals are mentioned in the Bible twice. Because of a dream I had, I believe in portals. We can open good portals in our homes, or we can open evil if we choose to by viewing porn, or other sins. Do you not think, that Satan would love to mark his territories, by marking places or things with evil? For example, a ouji board is a thing and it is marked by evil.

Understanding this is important, because as children of the Creator, we can open or close portals by our choices. If we are righteously living God's laws, we have been blessed with the power to close evil portals. That is simply an extension of the concept of raising your arm to the square to cast out devils and unclean spirits.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

It seems to me this is a situation where BYU is more concerned about satisfying the government and a sports conference than it is about following God.