BYU students and faculty gather in first-ever approved LGBTQ demonstration

Discuss political news items / current events.
Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

BYU students and faculty gather in first-ever approved LGBTQ demonstration

Post by Alexander »

“Students and faculty gathered in Brigham Square on June 11 for the first-ever BYU approved demonstration of love and support for members of the LGBTQ community at the university.

Attendees wore rainbow, held signs and listened to messages from students and faculty who spoke on the LGBTQ experience at BYU. Speakers expressed ways they have felt supported and accepted on campus, as well as their struggles with feeling isolated.”

https://universe.byu.edu/2022/06/12/byu ... nstration/

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: BYU students and faculty gather in first-ever approved LGBTQ demonstration

Post by BuriedTartaria »

“Forget everything that Elder Oaks said, or whoever has said in days past that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world.”

A lie can only go on for so long. Free the Book of Mormon from priestcraft

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

How no one can see their end goal is just sickening...

They don't want tolerance. They want everyone to accept their way of life, and marginalize those who disagree.

(For those that are new, the upside down red pyramid was the old symbol of homosexuality. Green is the main color used by the pro abortion crowd in Latin America, and Orange is the color of "healing" essentially meaning for them that only true healing will occur when everyone accepts them for who they are, and those that think differently are eliminated.)
Attachments
Left gay meme.JPG
Left gay meme.JPG (37.16 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

BuriedTartaria wrote: June 13th, 2022, 9:42 pm Image

“Forget everything that Elder Oaks said, or whoever has said in days past that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world.”

Oh my goodness! This quote is real! Just changed the names.

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/bruce-r- ... -unto-god/

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

BuriedTartaria wrote: June 13th, 2022, 9:42 pm Image

Lol the use of that quote is brilliant…

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Subcomandante wrote: June 13th, 2022, 10:40 pm How no one can see their end goal is just sickening...

They don't want tolerance. They want everyone to accept their way of life, and marginalize those who disagree.

(For those that are new, the upside down red pyramid was the old symbol of homosexuality. Green is the main color used by the pro abortion crowd in Latin America, and Orange is the color of "healing" essentially meaning for them that only true healing will occur when everyone accepts them for who they are, and those that think differently are eliminated.)
NB - pink, not red. The black triangle is the symbol of lesbians. As is the double headed axe.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Wait...did they just say that because we have an ongoing restoration we can dismiss everything that was said before this moment?

Hasn't that same message been the theme of President Nelson's administration?

Truth is what we tell you it is today.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

tribrac wrote: June 14th, 2022, 12:34 pm Wait...did they just say that because we have an ongoing restoration we can dismiss everything that was said before this moment?

This is nothing new.
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:Beware of those who would set up the dead prophets against the living prophets, for the living prophets always take precedence.
Wilford Woodruff wrote:When he concluded, Brother Joseph turned to Brother Brigham Young and said, “Brother Brigham I want you to take the stand and tell us your views with regard to the written oracles and the written word of God.” Brother Brigham took the stand, and he took the Bible, and laid it down; he took the Book of Mormon, and laid it down; and he took the Book of Doctrine and Covenants, and laid it down before him, and he said: “There is the written word of God to us, concerning the work of God from the beginning of the world, almost, to our day.” “And now,” said he, “when compared with the living oracles those books are nothing to me; those books do not convey the word of God direct to us now, as do the words of a Prophet or a man bearing the Holy Priesthood in our day and generation. I would rather have the living oracles than all the writing in the books.” That was the course he pursued. When he was through, Brother Joseph said to the congregation: “Brother Brigham has told you the word of the Lord, and he has told you the truth.”
It's up to the membership to reconcile--or simply ignore--what was said before with what is being said presently.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

So, who sanctioned this event? Ultimately the trustees, right? FP/Q15. They own this. How do they justify this? Compassion? This isn't compassion. It's leading many down the primrose path.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

tribrac wrote: June 14th, 2022, 12:34 pm Wait...did they just say that because we have an ongoing restoration we can dismiss everything that was said before this moment?

It's like Disney taking over the Star Wars franchise.

The canonized lore that was established over decades can now be uprooted and thrown away.

"You know how the Force works like this? Yeah, well not anymore."

"Remember how Luke Skywalker was a stalwart Jedi that understood good vs. evil? Yeah, well now he's a loser pansy coward."

"The sacred Jedi texts? Burn them."

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I put the article on Facebook. The members are saying how much they love that this is happening. This is not the church I joined 50 years ago. Slippery slope.
Last edited by Christianlee on June 14th, 2022, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

So... are they now going to approve lighting the Y with rainbow lights?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Jashon wrote: June 14th, 2022, 2:45 pm So, who sanctioned this event? Ultimately the trustees, right? FP/Q15. They own this. How do they justify this? Compassion? This isn't compassion. It's leading many down the primrose path.
Worthen and the 15, I suppose.
Worthen came to our stake a few years ago. His whole talk was on how Laman and Lemuel will be saved. I thought it was strange.

He and Nelson are cut from the same cloth.
https://news.byu.edu/announcements/byu- ... -belonging

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

LDSLiving magazine (Deseret Book publication) has followed suit with an article about Ben Schilaty, a gay man working in the BYU Honor Code office, helping improve LGBTQ experience on campus, as well as an article with 6 quotes about “inclusiveness”.

https://www.ldsliving.com/ben-schilaty- ... dium=email

https://www.ldsliving.com/6-powerful-qu ... pop2220614

They can talk inclusiveness all they want, but it’s always on “woke” terms, not the other way around. There are more than a few members who will call me names, and refuse to sit by me once they find out I am not in favor of gay marriage, and I’m not vaccinated.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Lizzy60 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:31 pm LDSLiving magazine (Deseret Book publication) has followed suit with an article about Ben Schilaty, a gay man working in the BYU Honor Code office, helping improve LGBTQ experience on campus, as well as an article with 6 quotes about “inclusiveness”.

They can talk inclusiveness all they want, but it’s always on “woke” terms, not the other way around. There are more than a few members who will call me names, and refuse to sit by me once they find out I am not in favor of gay marriage, and I’m not vaccinated.
“When he extended the calling, President Bryan Hopkins said, “I want you to know that we’re not calling you to be ‘the gay high councilor,’ but you can talk about being gay as much or as little as you like. We trust you.”
Huh????!!!!

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Does homosexual activity still keep you from getting a temple recommend?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Christianlee wrote: June 14th, 2022, 4:01 pm Does homosexual activity still keep you from getting a temple recommend?
Good question. Maybe if you’re married they don’t care. But I imagine there’s lots of lying going on now.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

FB_IMG_1655245253195.jpg
FB_IMG_1655245253195.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 904 times

Korsgaard46
captain of 50

Post by Korsgaard46 »

Lizzy60 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:31 pm LDSLiving magazine (Deseret Book publication) has followed suit with an article about Ben Schilaty, a gay man working in the BYU Honor Code office, helping improve LGBTQ experience on campus, as well as an article with 6 quotes about “inclusiveness”.

So have they changed the rules? I thought they only called married men to the High Council.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Christianlee wrote: June 14th, 2022, 4:01 pm Does homosexual activity still keep you from getting a temple recommend?
No. Homosexuality itself is no longer considered sinful by the Church. Therefore, you can date, hold hands, make out, etc with someone of the same sex and still get a recommend. Essentially, you can do anything with someone of the same sex that you could do with someone of the opposite sex.

This change was implemented a few years ago via a quarterly handbook change in a very quiet manner so as to not alarm members. Most members have no idea that the church no longer considers homosexuality a sin.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Serragon wrote: June 14th, 2022, 4:37 pm
No. Homosexuality itself is no longer considered sinful by the Church. Therefore, you can date, hold hands, make out, etc with someone of the same sex and still get a recommend. Essentially, you can do anything with someone of the same sex that you could do with someone of the opposite sex.

This change was implemented a few years ago via a quarterly handbook change in a very quiet manner so as to not alarm members. Most members have no idea that the church no longer considers homosexuality a sin.
Only homosexual intercourse. Outside the bonds of marriage, of course. Just like for straight people. 😁

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

I imagine we are very close to seeing gay "married" couples get a temple recommend. If they have made the standard the same as for heterosexual members, then rationally speaking, if they are married, they should be treated like any other married couple.

Seems like they have made a pact with Babylon and Babylon has painted them into a corner.

That's what happens when you try to change the definition of SIN.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Whole lot of soakin’ going on.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Christianlee wrote: June 14th, 2022, 4:43 pm Whole lot of soakin’ going on.
🤮🤮🤮🤮

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

They will follow whatever the Pope says.