Ancient Native American Prophecy of New Scripture in a Time of Great Refreshing

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

There is a Native American book of scripture that was miraculously revealed in the last 20 years. It is called the Ayahtkuhyaht Nemenhah. Within the covers of this remarkable volume, there is an important prophetic word, which is very relevant for our day.

First Book of Tsi-Tuhgohhah 14:20-23

But I do exhort you, all who would receive my words, make good advantage of the knowledge of the works of the Ahmohnayhah, and strive also to do like unto them. For I know, by testimony of the Haymehnay (Holy Ghost) that has been given unto me, that you shall not have received these things, to ponder them in your hearts, except you do receive them in the time of great need.

Yea, it has been revealed unto me that my writing shall only arise from the dust in a time of great refreshing, and in a time of greatest necessity. Wherefore, take not these things lightly. Howbeit, they may be the means of your salvation.

http://www.nemenhah.org/
Last edited by Joan7 on May 28th, 2022, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: Ancient Native American Prophecy of New Scripture in a Time of Great Refreshing

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I've bookmarked that website to dive into it later. Thanks for bringing attention to it.

logonbump
captain of 100

Re: Ancient Native American Prophecy of New Scripture in a Time of Great Refreshing

Post by logonbump »

Not surprising, considering the Jewish nations have received, in the last twenty years, another book of prophesy, the Book of Jachanan Ben Kathryn .http://mormonuniversalism.com/79/introd ... n-kathryn/
Has anyone looked at it? Download as PDF there, 52pgs.
https://mormonuniversalism.com/wp-conte ... athryn.pdf

Edit: WOW the section on Faith (pg 66) sounds a lot like JS's Lectures on Faith

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

There are so many problems with these writings and their origins.
viewtopic.php?t=13677

Sure, there may be some nuggets. But there are better uses of time than sifting for 1 truth among 9 lies.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

ParticleMan wrote: May 26th, 2022, 12:03 am There are so many problems with these writings and their origins.
viewtopic.php?t=13677

Sure, there may be some nuggets. But there are better uses of time than sifting for 1 truth among 9 lies.
You may have missed the last post on that thread...
Re: Recognizing followers of the "Mentinah Archives"

Post by Reluctant Watchman » February 9th, 2021, 5:44 am
I thought I would resurrect this thread from 2010. I’ve read all of the comments and not a single person really had anything good to say about the Mentinah Arches. Given recent actions by the church, and a general sentiment by members on this forum, I think many of you would be surprised as to the accuracy of this record.

Late last night I finished reading the first volume of the archives. I will be honest with you, there have been few books that have rung true to me like this book has. I can see where people have issues with its origin and many other doctrines that are taught, (I see the doctrines in a very different light) but this record would never have seen the light of day had it been translated by the LDS church back in the day. Never! Think of the pride that has entered the hearts of priesthood holders. The last author of volume 1 is Samuel the Lamanite. He does not hold back. We are seeing all of the things he prophesied unfold right before our eyes.

He speaks of raising up prophets to the position of Gods, how they are considered infallible. He even talks about how the church divides its people, men from women, parents from children (think of the various church organizations—relief society, elders quorum, YM, YW, primary). He talks about how we are not fulfilling our temple covenants (think law of consecration).

There are people who have issues with “sweat lodges”, but given in the context of the Ammonites it makes perfect sense, they made a covenant never to shed blood again. Animal sacrifice (Law of Moses) could not be fulfilled by them, so they took upon themselves a personal sacrifice, sweating water from every poor as a tribute to Christ’s sacrifice.

I could go on and on, but I plan to start a new thread analyzing various elements of volume 1. I can honestly say that this record will be shunned by the majority of the church and this is due to pride. We have been conditioned over many generations to see prophets as infallible. We have been told, by men, that revelation like this, a record of scripture, would only come through the “proper priesthood channels.” Who are we to tell the Lord how He chooses to enlighten His people?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

ParticleMan wrote: May 26th, 2022, 12:03 am There are so many problems with these writings and their origins.
viewtopic.php?t=13677

For those who are awake to the corrupt and apostate nature of the LDS org, this thread only proves a stronger validity to the Nemenhah Record.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Kit-OTW wrote: May 26th, 2022, 4:32 am
viewtopic.php?t=13677

You may have missed the last post on that thread...
Re: Recognizing followers of the "Mentinah Archives"

Post by Reluctant Watchman » February 9th, 2021, 5:44 am
I thought I would resurrect this thread from 2010. I’ve read all of the comments and not a single person really had anything good to say about the Mentinah Arches. Given recent actions by the church, and a general sentiment by members on this forum, I think many of you would be surprised as to the accuracy of this record.

Late last night I finished reading the first volume of the archives. I will be honest with you, there have been few books that have rung true to me like this book has. I can see where people have issues with its origin and many other doctrines that are taught, (I see the doctrines in a very different light) but this record would never have seen the light of day had it been translated by the LDS church back in the day. Never! Think of the pride that has entered the hearts of priesthood holders. The last author of volume 1 is Samuel the Lamanite. He does not hold back. We are seeing all of the things he prophesied unfold right before our eyes.

He speaks of raising up prophets to the position of Gods, how they are considered infallible. He even talks about how the church divides its people, men from women, parents from children (think of the various church organizations—relief society, elders quorum, YM, YW, primary). He talks about how we are not fulfilling our temple covenants (think law of consecration).

There are people who have issues with “sweat lodges”, but given in the context of the Ammonites it makes perfect sense, they made a covenant never to shed blood again. Animal sacrifice (Law of Moses) could not be fulfilled by them, so they took upon themselves a personal sacrifice, sweating water from every poor as a tribute to Christ’s sacrifice.

I could go on and on, but I plan to start a new thread analyzing various elements of volume 1. I can honestly say that this record will be shunned by the majority of the church and this is due to pride. We have been conditioned over many generations to see prophets as infallible. We have been told, by men, that revelation like this, a record of scripture, would only come through the “proper priesthood channels.” Who are we to tell the Lord how He chooses to enlighten His people?
Wow, crazy how that was over a year ago. Since that time I’ve read the more complete volume that was released in 2020. I can honestly say that there are few “scriptures” that can compete with the Nemenhah Record in doctrine and prophecy. The Book of Mormon is an excellent companion book, but it is really a book of a prideful and fallen people. And they do it repeatedly. The Nemenhah people also follow a similar fate, but only after the Gentiles scatter them upon the Americas. They were a truly consecrated society.

Currently we are reading it as a family each morning. We are only on page 177 of 680 and we’ve been reading for several months. We only make it through a few verses before we stop and talk about either doctrine or comparative alignments with the Book of Mormon. The Nemenhah Record increased my love for the Book of Mormon exponentially.

Here’s a good read btw for those who are apt to hold their stones before casting judgment: https://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/2020/hagoth.html

This article only scratches the surface since only a handful of records were available at the time. There is so much more to add to the validity of this record.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

A few interesting notes off the top of my head:

• The beginning historical alignment with Hagoth and Shilblon, and the BoM timeframe, is uncanny
• Hagoth’s son, also named Hagoth, sailed along the West coast and his ship was blown out into the sea. He and his associates settled the Polynesian islands.
• The geographical accuracy is quite remarkable
• The story of the Lamanite commander who surrendered to Moroni at the river Sidon is beautiful.
• He (Lamanite commander) records several chapters that encapsulate the traditions and beliefs of the Ammonites. This section alone is beyond beautiful.
• We learn that the Sons of Helaman were singing songs of praise to God while they were in the throws of battle.
• The story of Corianton and his father Alma resonates as far more accurate as to the real motives behind what happened with the harlot.
• The harlots name was Isabel btw, she had repented when she was taught the gospel and the Nephites wouldn’t offer her the same grace as the Savior did. Corianton even states that he lamented the fact that he was preaching to the Lamanites when he should have been calling the Nephites to repentance for their even more gross wickedness and pride.
• Corianton and Isabel fled into the land northward, and eventually ended up in upstate NY. They encounter a people living up there and he taught them the gospel.
• The grandson to Corianton is none other than Samuel the Lamanite. His grandmother was the harlot mentioned in the BoM.
• Some Nephites were extremely racist, including the record keepers. This is proven due to the fact that the Savior had to censure the prophets for not including the prophecies of Samuel in the BoM. Samuel was young and had dark skin, which was most likely due to their racial bias. Samuel even calls out the Nephites for this in his writings.
• The record contains writings of both prophets and prophetesses.
• If the Book of Mormon is considered a “masculine” book, the Nemenhah Record celebrates the divine feminine like no other record I’ve ever read.
• Moroni, the last prophet in the BoM, lived among the Nemenhah people for decades and wrote extensively. He spoke at great length of the last battles and his fallen people.
• There is a story of a man who locked the doors of the temple and claimed that God had spoken to him and that he would be god’s mouthpiece to the people. Moroni tore down the door and gave this man what for. We have several chapters that explore this fateful doctrine that God only speaks to one man to reveal His will. The segment of the people who followed this man fell into apostasy.
• There is a full record of a temple endowment that is similar to the LDS endowment, but does not include the blood oaths and a handful of other things, and has subtle nuances that realigns what the real purpose of the temple is supposed to be, that we are to be taught by the Savior and other angelic persons. This record prophecies that the latter-day church will change the endowment and make it a place of dead works and not for the living, as it was originally intended. The entire beginning of the endowment speaks to both our Father AND Mother, and what they implemented as the “New and Everlasting Covenant.”
• Mother in Heaven is referenced more than any other record I’ve ever read.
• There is a prophecy that the latter-day church will fall away even before the first generation. Given what I believe about Brigham and those who conspired with him, this prophecy was fulfilled.
• Polygamy is referenced at least twice in the record. The righteous branch of people never lived it. There was a practice of “adoption” that was had among one group of people, but it was nothing like what the Brighamite church implemented. There was no sexual intercourse between the husband and the woman who was being cared for due to the great loss of life among the men of the community. This is a longer story that I really am not doing justice…
• Oh, and the latter-day servants get raked over the coals in this record. Yes, the restoration and Joseph are mentioned repeatedly. The Savior even states that He’ll use the hard work and pride of the Gentiles to spread His gospel, but they’ll eventually lose favor in His sight.
• And I almost for forgot to mention, there are two full records of Christ visiting these people after His crucifixion. First to the people in the city of Mentinah, and then to the people in the city of Corianton. The doctrine He teaches is simply beautiful. These sections are some of the most highlighted sections in my pdf copy.
• One of the themes that is referenced repeatedly, and is probably one of the greatest overarching themes, is that we are to verify all truths and our direction in life through the Holy Ghost, and that we are to each seek the face of the Savior and be taught by him “upon the Way.” We are to each have our own Second Comforter experience.

Like I said… I’ve only covered a fraction of what is taught in this record. I could literally go on and on…

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 26th, 2022, 5:55 am A few interesting notes off the top of my head:

• The beginning historical alignment with Hagoth and Shilblon, and the BoM timeframe, is uncanny
• Hagoth’s son, also named Hagoth, sailed along the West coast and his ship was blown out into the sea. He and his associates settled the Polynesian islands.
• The geographical accuracy is quite remarkable
• The story of the Lamanite commander who surrendered to Moroni at the river Sidon is beautiful.
• He (Lamanite commander) records several chapters that encapsulate the traditions and beliefs of the Ammonites. This section alone is beyond beautiful.
• We learn that the Sons of Helaman were singing songs of praise to God while they were in the throws of battle.
• The story of Corianton and his father Alma resonates as far more accurate as to the real motives behind what happened with the harlot.
• The harlots name was Isabel btw, she had repented when she was taught the gospel and the Nephites wouldn’t offer her the same grace as the Savior did. Corianton even states that he lamented the fact that he was preaching to the Lamanites when he should have been calling the Nephites to repentance for their even more gross wickedness and pride.
• Corianton and Isabel fled into the land northward, and eventually ended up in upstate NY. They encounter a people living up there and he taught them the gospel.
• The grandson to Corianton is none other than Samuel the Lamanite. His grandmother was the harlot mentioned in the BoM.
• Some Nephites were extremely racist, including the record keepers. This is proven due to the fact that the Savior had to censure the prophets for not including the prophecies of Samuel in the BoM. Samuel was young and had dark skin, which was most likely due to their racial bias. Samuel even calls out the Nephites for this in his writings.
• The record contains writings of both prophets and prophetesses.
• If the Book of Mormon is considered a “masculine” book, the Nemenhah Record celebrates the divine feminine like no other record I’ve ever read.
• Moroni, the last prophet in the BoM, lived among the Nemenhah people for decades and wrote extensively. He spoke at great length of the last battles and his fallen people.
• There is a story of a man who locked the doors of the temple and claimed that God had spoken to him and that he would be god’s mouthpiece to the people. Moroni tore down the door and gave this man what for. We have several chapters that explore this fateful doctrine that God only speaks to one man to reveal His will. The segment of the people who followed this man fell into apostasy.
• There is a full record of a temple endowment that is similar to the LDS endowment, but does not include the blood oaths and a handful of other things, and has subtle nuances that realigns what the real purpose of the temple is supposed to be, that we are to be taught by the Savior and other angelic persons. This record prophecies that the latter-day church will change the endowment and make it a place of dead works and not for the living, as it was originally intended. The entire beginning of the endowment speaks to both our Father AND Mother, and what they implemented as the “New and Everlasting Covenant.”
• Mother in Heaven is referenced more than any other record I’ve ever read.
• There is a prophecy that the latter-day church will fall away even before the first generation. Given what I believe about Brigham and those who conspired with him, this prophecy was fulfilled.
• Polygamy is referenced at least twice in the record. The righteous branch of people never lived it. There was a practice of “adoption” that was had among one group of people, but it was nothing like what the Brighamite church implemented. There was no sexual intercourse between the husband and the woman who was being cared for due to the great loss of life among the men of the community. This is a longer story that I really am not doing justice…
• Oh, and the latter-day servants get raked over the coals in this record. Yes, the restoration and Joseph are mentioned repeatedly. The Savior even states that He’ll use the hard work and pride of the Gentiles to spread His gospel, but they’ll eventually lose favor in His sight.
• And I almost for forgot to mention, there are two full records of Christ visiting these people after His crucifixion. First to the people in the city of Mentinah, and then to the people in the city of Corianton. The doctrine He teaches is simply beautiful. These sections are some of the most highlighted sections in my pdf copy.
• One of the themes that is referenced repeatedly, and is probably one of the greatest overarching themes, is that we are to verify all truths and our direction in life through the Holy Ghost, and that we are to each seek the face of the Savior and be taught by him “upon the Way.” We are to each have our own Second Comforter experience.

Like I said… I’ve only covered a fraction of what is taught in this record. I could literally go on and on…
Very interesting.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

“For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the OTHER TRIBES of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it.
…And it shall come to pass that my people, which are of the house of Israel, shall be gathered home unto the lands of their possessions; and my word also shall be gathered in one. And I will show unto them that fight against my word and against my people, who are of the house of Israel, that I am God, and that I covenanted with Abraham that I would remember his seed forever.”
2 Nephi 29:12&14

I really look forward to the other records that will come forth before the great gathering. Thank you for this post.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Cruiserdude wrote: May 26th, 2022, 6:12 am Very interesting.
If you love the BoM, then this record is the perfect companion scripture. There are dozens of latter-day prophecies included.

Recently I just read that one of the servants who will come back to set the church in order is the “beloved” servant, even John the Revelator. The three Nephites were also mentioned in the same verse.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Could the Lord be kinda waking us up and giving us a taste of what's to come - the sealed portion ?
Could this in some way - be part of it ?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 26th, 2022, 5:21 am
viewtopic.php?t=13677

For those who are awake to the corrupt and apostate nature of the LDS org, this thread only proves a stronger validity to the Nemenhah Record.
What is the Nemenhah record?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:17 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 26th, 2022, 5:21 am
viewtopic.php?t=13677

What is the Nemenhah record?
The original name of this record was called the "Mentinah Archives" or records. This is because the records were kept in a city called "Mentinah." The translation council later changed the name to Nemenhah, because that is what the people called themselves. Here is the name clarification from the record:

"65) Now it came to pass that in the sixty and eighth year
of the reign of the judges over the Nephites, many
righteous Lamanites removed to the land northward
and they carried news with them of the very great
wickedness of the Nayfihah in the land southward and of
their lying and cheating, of their trampling of the
commandments, their murdering of the Peacemaker's
commissioned, and their abominations and priestcrafts.

66) This thing greatly grieved my people. Therefore,
because our people were made up of Nephites and
Lamanites equally, we were desirous to refer to
ourselves in a manner which would not bring division
among our people. For, in all things we wished to avoid the
errors made by the Nephites in the land southward.

67) Wherefore, Hehmehntah, the now-aged Healer,
suggested that we call ourselves Nehmehnhah, which in
our language means, "The People", and the people
agreed.

68) Wherefore, we had no more Nephites, neither
Lamanites, nor Mulekites, Ammonites, or any
manner of ethnic divisions. We called ourselves
Nemenhah, The People of the Holy Ghost..."

I've updated the proper nounds btw. They use the names that come from the original translation. (e.g. Nayfihah is "Nephites")

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 26th, 2022, 6:21 am
Cruiserdude wrote: May 26th, 2022, 6:12 am Very interesting.
If you love the BoM, then this record is the perfect companion scripture. There are dozens of latter-day prophecies included.

Recently I just read that one of the servants who will come back to set the church in order is the “beloved” servant, even John the Revelator. The three Nephites were also mentioned in the same verse.
This matches what the Bible and bom says about John prophesying again to the nations. And there is this also this scripture describing the 3 Nephites missions:

“Therefore, great and marvelous works shall be wrought by them, before the great and coming day when all people must surely stand before the judgment-seat of Christ;
32 Yea even among the Gentiles shall there be a great and marvelous work wrought by them, before that judgment day.“
3 Nephi 28:31-32

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Kit-OTW wrote: May 25th, 2022, 9:28 pm Ancient Native American Prophecy of New Scripture in a Time of Great Refreshing

There is a Native American book of scripture that was miraculously revealed in the last 20 years. It is called the Ayahtkuhyaht Nemenhah. Within the covers of this remarkable volume, there is an important prophetic word, which is very relevant for our day.

First Book of Tsi-Tuhgohhah 14:20-23

But I do exhort you, all who would receive my words, make good advantage of the knowledge of the works of the Ahmohnayhah, and strive also to do like unto them. For I know, by testimony of the Haymehnay (Holy Ghost) that has been given unto me, that you shall not have received these things, to ponder them in your hearts, except you do receive them in the time of great need.

Yea, it has been revealed unto me that my writing shall only arise from the dust in a time of great refreshing, and in a time of greatest necessity. Wherefore, take not these things lightly. Howbeit, they may be the means of your salvation.

http://www.nemenhah.org/
The Holy Spirit revealed to me that the book to which you refer is false and evil…so where does that leave us?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

DesertWonderer2 wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:47 am The Holy Spirit revealed to me that the book to which you refer is false and evil…so where does that leave us?
Did you read any of it? If so, which parts?

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

As stated before, this one (Nenemah) seems very sketchy, there is no pedigree, not even a valid story. Secondly, native americans don't speak their original language and nothing was in writing anyway. Current languages are a mish-mash of a few words, names or phrased only slightly better than Egyptian. All most all native american religions are based on strange stories. Now, I will not discount their beliefs nor their powers (some of them but very few), but it isn't, as I see it heading you to CK.

Now before anyone on here wants to bash me as anti-native there are some things you should know. I both loathe and love native peoples. My children are all card carrying native americans. My lovely and precious (slightly damaged) former wife, eternal partner, and the mother of my children is native. She met a man (often in my home) that is native and preaches native teachings. See, he was raised Protestant and protested, went back to the old ways, but there was nothing there, so he read a little and made up the rest. He's a national asset as a native religious man. His friends played black magic on my home years back, then when my wife was recovering from emergency surgery from having her uterus, etc.. removed and was under hormonal stress, he prayed her into leaving her LDS celestial marriage, her family, her children, even her wonderful 11 y/o son (most native looking brown boy of all my kids) for this man and his beliefs. They lived together for years and finally got married.

Funny thing is I'm now ok with this man as the Lord has commanded me to be as he knows no better and at least after using magic to lure many women into bed, he has been faithful and honorable to her and never left her (just a note she was one of the most beautiful women in the young middle age group). Also, I love my former spouse, she is being tested and I feel we will have a relationship in the eternities. It is my mission in this life to continue to love her and him and not only to forgive them but to find a way (through sacrifice and continued prayer and love) to restore my family. They are native leaders and travel around the country, her talking about native needs (she is very compassionate to them and very sweet) and him getting paid to pray, and sing and dance for the spirits. He sells his fluting CDs, and is a professional indian with religious bent, teaches children to drum, make drums, sing and pray, tells rehashed stories of owls, ravens, mother earth and the "creator".

I had been studying native religions for years to understand what was going on (due to some faith healing stories and black magic artifacts planted and miraculously destroyed in my own home to disrupt my family) and found they love god. They don't know him and their teachings do not bring them closer, they do not believe in Jesus or any of the prophets, or that god is a person or that we will ever be with him. After my wife left, I did much research and very much prayer to understand.

Also, I will say that I am from Palmyra, my grandfather owned the land adjacent to the hill Cumorah, I have native artifacts from there. I have a seer stone found in the ground that is man made and ancient, obviously a religious native artifact that I know is sacred,

I do not believe god came again to North America after the Nephites nor to SA, their later religions in what is the European dark ages were also darkened. I read some of this Nenemah stuff and felt a very strong lack of spirit. I am not one to dismiss non-main stream scriptures (apocrypha, Josephus, etc...) but this seems very, very fake to me. And as DesertWanderer has said the spirit told me to stay away from it, not that it would hurt me but that it is not true.

For what it is worth.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:57 am As stated before, this one (Nenemah) seems very sketchy, there is no pedigree, not even a valid story. Secondly, native americans don't speak their original language and nothing was in writing anyway. Current languages are a mish-mash of a few words, names or phrased only slightly better than Egyptian. All most all native american religions are based on strange stories. Now, I will not discount their beliefs nor their powers (some of them but very few), but it isn't, as I see it heading you to CK.

Now before anyone on here wants to bash me as anti-native there are some things you should know. I both loathe and love native peoples. My children are all card carrying native americans. My lovely and precious (slightly damaged) former wife, eternal partner, and the mother of my children is native. She met a man (often in my home) that is native and preaches native teachings. See, he was raised Protestant and protested, went back to the old ways, but there was nothing there, so he read a little and made up the rest. He's a national asset as a native religious man. His friends played black magic on my home years back, then when my wife was recovering from emergency surgery from having her uterus, etc.. removed and was under hormonal stress, he prayed her into leaving her LDS celestial marriage, her family, her children, even her wonderful 11 y/o son (most native looking brown boy of all my kids) for this man and his beliefs. They lived together for years and finally got married.

Funny thing is I'm now ok with this man as the Lord has commanded me to be as he knows no better and at least after using magic to lure many women into bed, he has been faithful and honorable to her and never left her (just a note she was one of the most beautiful women in the young middle age group). Also, I love my former spouse, she is being tested and I feel we will have a relationship in the eternities. It is my mission in this life to continue to love her and him and not only to forgive them but to find a way (through sacrifice and continued prayer and love) to restore my family. They are native leaders and travel around the country, her talking about native needs (she is very compassionate to them and very sweet) and him getting paid to pray, and sing and dance for the spirits. He sells his fluting CDs, and is a professional indian with religious bent, teaches children to drum, make drums, sing and pray, tells rehashed stories of owls, ravens, mother earth and the "creator".

I had been studying native religions for years to understand what was going on (due to some faith healing stories and black magic artifacts planted and miraculously destroyed in my own home to disrupt my family) and found they love god. They don't know him and their teachings do not bring them closer, they do not believe in Jesus or any of the prophets, or that god is a person or that we will ever be with him. After my wife left, I did much research and very much prayer to understand.

Also, I will say that I am from Palmyra, my grandfather owned the land adjacent to the hill Cumorah, I have native artifacts from there. I have a seer stone found in the ground that is man made and ancient, obviously a religious native artifact that I know is sacred,

I do not believe god came again to North America after the Nephites nor to SA, their later religions in what is the European dark ages were also darkened. I read some of this Nenemah stuff and felt a very strong lack of spirit. I am not one to dismiss non-main stream scriptures (apocrypha, Josephus, etc...) but this seems very, very fake to me. And as DesertWanderer has said the spirit told me to stay away from it, not that it would hurt me but that it is not true.

For what it is worth.
All of that and you haven't even cracked the pages to find out for yourself. That says a lot btw.

I actually don't care to debate the validity of this with people. People can trash the origins or what the "spirit" told them. But if any of you want to have a doctrinal and historical discussion, well, that's a different story. Few people care to take the time to actually read what the record says.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:57 am As stated before, this one (Nenemah) seems very sketchy, there is no pedigree, not even a valid story.
BTW, this is complete nonsense. What do you mean by "pedigree" or "valid story"? The entire historical lineage is written extensively in this record. The very first book begins with the story of Hagoth and is timed perfectly with the reign of the judges and the exodus talked about in the BoM.

I'm assuming you are referring to the "pedigree" of the translators or the "valid story" of how the record came to be.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:49 am
DesertWonderer2 wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:47 am The Holy Spirit revealed to me that the book to which you refer is false and evil…so where does that leave us?
No. There was no point. A member of the Godhead told me it was false the first time I heard about it.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

DesertWonderer2 wrote: May 26th, 2022, 10:28 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 26th, 2022, 9:49 am
No. There was no point. A member of the Godhead told me it was false the first time I heard about it.
All I can say is that maybe you weren't meant to read it. I'm not going to bash anyone's "promptings" for they are for them alone. I just find that more often than not people are blinded by their own ignorance.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Reluctant: quit making this personal. We already hashed this is a previous thread and I discussed both reading all that is available and my opposition to having to pay more to obtain the real document. I requested someone with access to the "actual paid for document" to provide summary of key aspects. I deeply reviewed all material about its emergence and how it came about and who did it and who owns it and what they are about. and in that process (after honest attempts and prayer), the spirit told me it is FAKE.

Now, put the BS factor aside, and tell me how and where anyone needs to purchase a document to find out if it may be real? You made up sh...... about my process, when you should either ask (if you honestly forgot our multi-post discussion just a month or so ago) or you just assume.

BTW my post was intended to point out that I am VERY open to other scriptures and have a real searching approach to native american religions. You just blew that all off to say that my approach says a lot and then I just claim the spirit. in reality you're blatant attempt at putting me down, is a compliment as I did all that makes sense in trying to assess the value (but purchase a priestcraft oriented fake book).

I have no more to say. If you wish to read this and get something from it, great. I don't think it will get you exaltation, but I also don't think you will find that in some local protestant church either, but if it doesn't command you to kill your neighbor, I guess it cannot hurt any more than reading Denver Snuffer, or Lorin Wooley, or any other supposed prophetic source that you like.

Go for it, but some of us (me included) did some serious research (several times over a decade or more) and learned for ourselves it is not for us in both logic, sermon and spirit. Good luck.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: May 26th, 2022, 10:52 am Reluctant: quit making this personal. We already hashed this is a previous thread and I discussed both reading all that is available and my opposition to having to pay more to obtain the real document. I requested someone with access to the "actual paid for document" to provide summary of key aspects. I deeply reviewed all material about its emergence and how it came about and who did it and who owns it and what they are about. and in that process (after honest attempts and prayer), the spirit told me it is FAKE.

Now, put the BS factor aside, and tell me how and where anyone needs to purchase a document to find out if it may be real? You made up sh...... about my process, when you should either ask (if you honestly forgot our multi-post discussion just a month or so ago) or you just assume.

BTW my post was intended to point out that I am VERY open to other scriptures and have a real searching approach to native american religions. You just blew that all off to say that my approach says a lot and then I just claim the spirit. in reality you're blatant attempt at putting me down, is a compliment as I did all that makes sense in trying to assess the value (but purchase a priestcraft oriented fake book).

I have no more to say. If you wish to read this and get something from it, great. I don't think it will get you exaltation, but I also don't think you will find that in some local protestant church either, but if it doesn't command you to kill your neighbor, I guess it cannot hurt any more than reading Denver Snuffer, or Lorin Wooley, or any other supposed prophetic source that you like.

Go for it, but some of us (me included) did some serious research (several times over a decade or more) and learned for ourselves it is not for us in both logic, sermon and spirit. Good luck.
You guys and your "oh, boo hoo, I have to pay to read a document." If I were you, I wouldn't read it either.

Your attempts at prayer had nothing to do with the actual content of the book, btw, let that sink in. So much for "study it out" first, right...

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Reluctant: such BS and projection onto others, but all clean in you're own home. I don't agree with your constantly making things personal. I guess if you cannot handle an honorable debate, then make it personal and hope to put down the other person. I see your methods (same as the left) but I don't like them.

Back to the topic, the entire fact that you must pay a person (not even a group) that claims ancient writings that are not theirs to sell, and does not even provide a credible story of their origin or translation, or even a poor attempt at that story, doesn't need money. You can like or dislike JS story, but he has one. he made it clear, you just cannot take ancient writing (if they are real) and translate them without a key or translator or tools from an unknown ancient language. BoM plates were mix of written languages types. It is not possible for an unknown person without any prophetic calling (real or imagined) to translate from plates.

So, I am willing to listen to your story on why anyone should accept their origin. I'm all ears now.

As far as your claim that god said (to OC) to study it out first, this is BS, Joseph said many times the source is important read D&C 43:

5 And this shall be a law unto you, that ye receive not the teachings of any that shall come before you as revelations or commandments;

6 And this I give unto you that you may not be deceived, that you may know they are not of me.

7 For verily I say unto you, that he that is ordained of me shall come in at the gate and be ordained as I have told you before, to teach those revelations which you have received and shall receive through him whom I have appointed.

Clearly the Lord will not bring new revelatory scripture which comes in darkness vs. light, not through the gate. This was early 1831 for those who only trust Joseph through mid-1830's so valid to any that believe early Joseph teachings only.