What 33rd degree masons learn about the earth

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

What 33rd degree masons learn about the earth

Post by Pazooka »

Something to consider, especially since there’s strong correlation with ancient Hebrew cosmology.

Imagine if these guys have been peddling a false image of the earth while, all along, retaining a more correct knowledge for themselves. Would people be that evil? Would evil be coordinated enough to pull it off?

Anyways...this is what they supposedly learn (according to this video). Who knows.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/AtOU2NnUQdPl/
Attachments
30C48374-4F54-4D99-B6EB-C7AF545F0398.jpeg
30C48374-4F54-4D99-B6EB-C7AF545F0398.jpeg (336.58 KiB) Viewed 1552 times

RoseofSharon
captain of 100

Re: What 33rd degree masons learn about the earth

Post by RoseofSharon »

Pazooka wrote: May 18th, 2022, 5:19 pm Something to consider, especially since there’s strong correlation with ancient Hebrew cosmology.

Imagine if these guys have been peddling a false image of the earth while, all along, retaining a more correct knowledge for themselves. Would people be that evil? Would evil be coordinated enough to pull it off?

Anyways...this is what they supposedly learn (according to this video). Who knows.

What a find! Very interesting. I am going to show this to my husband ( who is a mason ) and see what he says.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

RoseofSharon wrote: May 19th, 2022, 5:55 pm
Pazooka wrote: May 18th, 2022, 5:19 pm Something to consider, especially since there’s strong correlation with ancient Hebrew cosmology.

What a find! Very interesting. I am going to show this to my husband ( who is a mason ) and see what he says.
Yeah - I’d love to know what he thinks. May I ask what level/degree (I’m not even sure what to call it) he is?

RoseofSharon
captain of 100

Post by RoseofSharon »

Pazooka wrote: May 19th, 2022, 6:59 pm

Yeah - I’d love to know what he thinks. May I ask what level/degree (I’m not even sure what to call it) he is?
So I finally got my husband to watch the video, and he says that although some masonic symbols were used, what was taught in it was totally foreign to any masonic stuff he knows of. But sometimes there are "classes" taught where a member of the order makes a presentation on an esoteric subject to the group that he himself might really believe, and this video could maybe be a recording of such a class. I asked him if what he saw could be from a different kind of lodge that he's in , but he was pretty sure, though not totally, that what he saw was not done anywhere officially, though there are some radical lodges out there. He is a master mason and about as high up as he could go, whatever that is and he goes out of state at least once a year on masonic business.

Paz, do you think what the video said could be a true thing? What's your opinion on what the video said? I didn't know what to think.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

RoseofSharon wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:22 pm

So I finally got my husband to watch the video, and he says that although some masonic symbols were used, what was taught in it was totally foreign to any masonic stuff he knows of. But sometimes there are "classes" taught where a member of the order makes a presentation on an esoteric subject to the group that he himself might really believe, and this video could maybe be a recording of such a class. I asked him if what he saw could be from a different kind of lodge that he's in , but he was pretty sure, though not totally, that what he saw was not done anywhere officially, though there are some radical lodges out there. He is a master mason and about as high up as he could go, whatever that is and he goes out of state at least once a year on masonic business.

Paz, do you think what the video said could be a true thing? What's your opinion on what the video said? I didn't know what to think.
I’m not an expert on masonry, but isn’t master mason of the York rite different from a Scottish 33rd? IDK

It’s no secret on this forum that I believe there’s something to the flat Biblical earth. Whether it’s a disc or not with a rightside up and an upside down is an interesting question. Makes me think of Stranger Things. I think the oblate spheroid is probably a good description of the top dome and bottom pit combined into one. The hole in the disc surrounded by mountains is similar to the 1606 Mercator map of the Arctic. The black hole sun (symbolized by the swastika) is very occult - - I wish I knew more about it.

The only thing I would clarify is the paths of the sun and moon. The sun circles closest to the Arctic in July and furthest from it in January, so it’s not always in the spot marked in the diagram but maybe that’s just a median position - similarly with the moon. And yes, I think they’re both small (32 miles in diameter could be true) and very local. The idea that the moon’s phases are influenced by the black hole sun is fascinating and worth looking into.

I’m not sure why the pit is described as “summer land” though. Is it like a reptile terrarium? Is it a lie? Does it relate to hollow earth theory? IDK

But it sure brings new meaning to the image of the square and compass combo symbol.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

Something to keep in mind when bringing up the idea of degrees in Freemasonry. Any degree higher than the third starts to become purely honorary. While there are some rituals and teachings, for example in the Mark Mason and Royal Arch, they become progressively less significant as one progresses towards the higher degrees. The title of 33rd degree is so much an honorary degree that some folks (think Aleister Crowley) just give it to themselves. Others (think Albert Pike) are given the title by the readers of their books and they usually just accept the title without any argument as it helps to sell their books. No offence to those who think it's all demons and devils up in the higher degrees, but most of it is just shameless egotism.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

mike_rumble wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:30 am Something to keep in mind when bringing up the idea of degrees in Freemasonry. Any degree higher than the third starts to become purely honorary. While there are some rituals and teachings, for example in the Mark Mason and Royal Arch, they become progressively less significant as one progresses towards the higher degrees. The title of 33rd degree is so much an honorary degree that some folks (think Aleister Crowley) just give it to themselves. Others (think Albert Pike) are given the title by the readers of their books and they usually just accept the title without any argument as it helps to sell their books. No offence to those who think it's all demons and devils up in the higher degrees, but most of it is just shameless egotism.
How is “shameless egotism” unaffiliated with the causes of “demons and devils”? There’s no conflict there.

It’s just one of the orders of an all-encompassing secret society whose service and loyalty is rewarded by “honorary” promotion to more opportunities to serve and by loyal. Nothing to see here.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

I guess my point was that just because a book or a video is produced by a "33rd Degree Mason" doesn't mean it should be taken any more seriously than that of any other YouTube entertainer. I didn't watch the video, so I don't know if he calls himself by that title or whether you decided to give him that title when you named your post. Although I was never a Freemason, my Father was a 3rd Degree Mason (in Nova Scotia Lodge), and to him it was his only means of religious experience. Nowadays, if you check out some of the major Freemasonry sites on the internet, it seems to have changed into much more of a social club. I remember when it was forbidden to apply to become a Freemason. You had to be invited. Now some lodges actually advertise for members. I suppose, like our Church, they are losing members as the older generation dies off.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

mike_rumble wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:58 am I guess my point was that just because a book or a video is produced by a "33rd Degree Mason" doesn't mean it should be taken any more seriously than that of any other YouTube entertainer. I didn't watch the video, so I don't know if he calls himself by that title or whether you decided to give him that title when you named your post. Although I was never a Freemason, my Father was a 3rd Degree Mason (in Nova Scotia Lodge), and to him it was his only means of religious experience. Nowadays, if you check out some of the major Freemasonry sites on the internet, it seems to have changed into much more of a social club. I remember when it was forbidden to apply to become a Freemason. You had to be invited. Now some lodges actually advertise for members. I suppose, like our Church, they are losing members as the older generation dies off.
So what you’re saying is that you have no actual knowledge of anything in Freemasonry beyond your father being a 3rd degree Mason. And you didn’t watch the video.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

Thanks for telling me what it is that I'm saying. Do you do this with everyone?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

mike_rumble wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 11:24 am Thanks for telling me what it is that I'm saying. Do you do this with everyone?
Was trying to understand the purpose of your comment. Would it matter if I actually *did* rephrase other people’s words to help them understand how they’re coming across?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Seems like we should have gkearney, our resident mason, to step in and explain some basics of masonry. Like that there are basically only three stages or degrees of masonry (Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason). Everything else is just appendices, whether it is York rite or Scottish rite or whatever.

That presentation could very well be what RoseofSharon's husband said: just some random dude giving a presentation of his theories. Can we even be sure that the presenter really is a mason? But definitely we cannot say that what was said in the video is something that all high-up masons learn.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Info gleaned about another secret society, the Vril Society, about the black sun, or black hole sun:
The Vril Society was a secret society that developed after World War 1 in Germany and inspired the NAZI's and in particular Heinrich Himler. They believed the source of power for an ancient race of human beings came from the Black Sun. The Vril society is said to have used a psychic who got them in contact with Aryans or Sumerians and with this channeled information. they built a saucer shaped craft that was an inter-dimensional time travel machine. Vril energy is said to come from the Black Sun in the middle of the earth. The Vril society believed that the Aryans were the biological ancestors of the Black Sun.
Attachments
1BADE4A7-8D63-442A-85E2-EC1CE62074C2.jpeg
1BADE4A7-8D63-442A-85E2-EC1CE62074C2.jpeg (294.37 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

Pazooka wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 11:44 am
mike_rumble wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 11:24 am Thanks for telling me what it is that I'm saying. Do you do this with everyone?
Was trying to understand the purpose of your comment. Would it matter if I actually *did* rephrase other people’s words to help them understand how they’re coming across?
I think it does matter. You have no idea as to the extent of my knowledge of Freemasonry, other than you now know my Father was a Mason. There is a big difference, in my mind anyway, between saying something like "you know nothing about . . ." and saying something like "what you are saying is that you know nothing . . .". Maybe I'm just having a bad day here and should have just let the comment pass. Regardless, I have to say I've always enjoyed reading your posts and responses to other posts. This is one of my favorite forums. There are other LDS and Mormon forums, but this is the best for allowing a very wide spectrum of opinions.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

inho wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 11:55 am Seems like we should have gkearney, our resident mason, to step in and explain some basics of masonry. Like that there are basically only three stages or degrees of masonry (Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason). Everything else is just appendices, whether it is York rite or Scottish rite or whatever.

That presentation could very well be what RoseofSharon's husband said: just some random dude giving a presentation of his theories. Can we even be sure that the presenter really is a mason? But definitely we cannot say that what was said in the video is something that all high-up masons learn.
It depends who you ask. I have a friend who has been through the three degrees, and insists all the rest are "appendices". Others insist there are plenty more.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

inho wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 11:55 am Seems like we should have gkearney, our resident mason, to step in and explain some basics of masonry. Like that there are basically only three stages or degrees of masonry (Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason). Everything else is just appendices, whether it is York rite or Scottish rite or whatever.

OK here are the fundamentals of Freemasonry. First up there are only three Masonic Degrees Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason. This is sometimes referred to as "Blue Lodge Masonry". All the other degrees be they York Rite or Scottish Rite, and I have done both, are appendages to the three degrees. There is no such thing as a higher-level mason than that of a Master Mason.

The York and Scottish Rites, where we get the idea of 33-degree are inventions of the late 18th century. These masonic bodies are subordinate to and dependent upon the Grand Lodges of the state, province, or territories in which they function. The Grand Lodges are in turn made up of all the Master Masons in a given state, province, or territory. Grand Lodges are governed day to day by the Grand Master, an elected officer chosen by the members of the Grand Lodge in a yearly meeting. No Mason, regardless of whatever supplemental degrees he may have chosen to get, has any more authority in Masonry than any other or that of the Master of his lodge or the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge. Even these offices are very limited in what they may do without the lodge or Grand Lodge voting upon it.

So the appeals to authority by citing the work of someone or another being a "high degree" or 33-degree mason are bogus on their face. I'm a "high degree mason" but I don't see any of you or anyone else for that matter hanging upon my every word. As for the video, while Masonry uses the various esoteric ideas to teach moral principles I know of no Mason of any degree that takes these matters as literal in the way the video presenter does. While parts of his presentation have Masonic elements he is taking them out of the context of the degree work and presenting them as being something they are not which is some sort of "secret teaching" of Masonry. I never got this kind of lecture in any degree in Masonry. The presenter is just making things up to suit his agenda.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

It seems to be consistent across cultures. The black sun seems to be a glorification of the personage we know as Satan. When he fell from a white yin state (reflected in Apollo worship), did he become the black yang sun?

Another secret society that teaches this same cosmology:

The cult of the Black Sun

This German secret society was developed to prepare the Aryan race to meet the supermen who live in the earth’s interior.
The Coming Race (1871), a novel by the occultist Edward Bulwer-Lytton, was set in the earth’s interior, where an advanced civilization of giants thrived. The giants had built a paradise and discovered a form of energy so powerful that they outlawed its use as a potential weapon. This force, the Vril, was derived from the Black Sun, a large ball of “Prima Materia” that provides light and radiation to the inhabitants of the inner earth.
Persistent legends in nearly every culture tell of an elder race that populated the earth millions of years ago. The Old Ones, who may originally have been of extraterrestrial origin, were an immensely intelligent and scientifically advanced species who eventually chose to structure their own environment under the surface of the planet’s soil and seas. The Old Ones usually remain aloof from the surface dwellers, but from time to time throughout history they have been known to visit certain of the upper world’s more intelligent members in the guise of alchemists or mysterious scientists in order to offer constructive criticism and, in some cases, to give valuable advice in the material sciences.
According to certain occult traditions, Agharta is a subterranean empire of underworld supermen who periodically surface to oversee the progress of the human race. According to one source, the underground kingdom of Agharta was created when the ancestors of its present-day denizens drove the Serpent People from the caverns during an ancient war.
By the 1840s the legend of Agharta and its underworld capital, Shambhala, had circulated widely among the mystically minded in Germany. According to this ancient tradition, the Master of the World already controlled many kings and rulers of the surface world by exercising his occult powers. Soon this master and his superrace would launch an invasion of the surface nations and subjugate all humans to his will. Various secret societies formed in Germany in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries wanted desperately not only to prove themselves worthy of the super-humans who lived beneath the planet’s surface, but also to control the incredibly powerful Vril force. This ancient force had been known among the alchemists and magicians as the Chi, the Odic force, the Orgone, and Astral Light, and they were well aware of its transformative powers to create supermen of ordinary mortals.
The secret society of the Black Sun coexisted with the Vril and the Thule societies in Germany prior to and during World War I, and it blended with the other groups after the war. Although these societies borrowed some concepts and rites from Theosophists, Rosicrucians, and various Hermetic groups, they placed special emphasis on what they believed to be the innate mystical powers of the Aryan race. Madame Helena Blavatsky had listed the Six Root Races—the Astral, Hyperborean, Lemurian, Atlantean, Aryan, and the coming Master Race. The Germanic/Nordic/Teutonic people were of Aryan origin, and Christianity had destroyed the power of the Teutonic civilization.
The Black Sun, like the swastika, is a very ancient symbol. While the swastika represents the eternal fountain of creation, the Black Sun is even older, suggesting the very void of creation itself. The symbol on the Nazi flag is the Thule Sonnenrad (sun wheel), not a reversed good-luck swastika. The Black Sun can be seen in many ancient Babylonian and Assyrian places of worship. In its German incarnation, it perhaps also suggests the Norse myth in which the great wolf Fenrir will swallow the sun at the beginning of the Wolf Age.

https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary ... +Black+Sun

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The Sun is often portrayed as an eye in primitive cultures, so the idea was that it was one of a pair, with the black sun being the closed eye, or the Moon.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gkearney wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 12:53 pm

OK here are the fundamentals of Freemasonry. First up there are only three Masonic Degrees Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason. This is sometimes referred to as "Blue Lodge Masonry". All the other degrees be they York Rite or Scottish Rite, and I have done both, are appendages to the three degrees. There is no such thing as a higher-level mason than that of a Master Mason.

The York and Scottish Rites, where we get the idea of 33-degree are inventions of the late 18th century. These masonic bodies are subordinate to and dependent upon the Grand Lodges of the state, province, or territories in which they function. The Grand Lodges are in turn made up of all the Master Masons in a given state, province, or territory. Grand Lodges are governed day to day by the Grand Master, an elected officer chosen by the members of the Grand Lodge in a yearly meeting. No Mason, regardless of whatever supplemental degrees he may have chosen to get, has any more authority in Masonry than any other or that of the Master of his lodge or the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge. Even these offices are very limited in what they may do without the lodge or Grand Lodge voting upon it.

So the appeals to authority by citing the work of someone or another being a "high degree" or 33-degree mason are bogus on their face. I'm a "high degree mason" but I don't see any of you or anyone else for that matter hanging upon my every word. As for the video, while Masonry uses the various esoteric ideas to teach moral principles I know of no Mason of any degree that takes these matters as literal in the way the video presenter does. While parts of his presentation have Masonic elements he is taking them out of the context of the degree work and presenting them as being something they are not which is some sort of "secret teaching" of Masonry. I never got this kind of lecture in any degree in Masonry. The presenter is just making things up to suit his agenda.
The presentation reminds me of Masonic tracing boards I've seen. I looked up a few online, and some of the ones for the First Degree have some common elements. I think they are the probable inspiration.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Niemand wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:28 pm
gkearney wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 12:53 pm

The presentation reminds me of Masonic tracing boards I've seen. I looked up a few online, and some of the ones for the First Degree have some common elements. I think they are the probable inspiration.
Doesn’t the sleeve of the black cloak give it away? ;)

RoseofSharon
captain of 100

Post by RoseofSharon »

Pazooka wrote: May 20th, 2022, 6:09 pm
RoseofSharon wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:22 pm

I’m not an expert on masonry, but isn’t master mason of the York rite different from a Scottish 33rd? IDK

It’s no secret on this forum that I believe there’s something to the flat Biblical earth. Whether it’s a disc or not with a rightside up and an upside down is an interesting question. Makes me think of Stranger Things. I think the oblate spheroid is probably a good description of the top dome and bottom pit combined into one. The hole in the disc surrounded by mountains is similar to the 1606 Mercator map of the Arctic. The black hole sun (symbolized by the swastika) is very occult - - I wish I knew more about it.

The only thing I would clarify is the paths of the sun and moon. The sun circles closest to the Arctic in July and furthest from it in January, so it’s not always in the spot marked in the diagram but maybe that’s just a median position - similarly with the moon. And yes, I think they’re both small (32 miles in diameter could be true) and very local. The idea that the moon’s phases are influenced by the black hole sun is fascinating and worth looking into.

I’m not sure why the pit is described as “summer land” though. Is it like a reptile terrarium? Is it a lie? Does it relate to hollow earth theory? IDK

But it sure brings new meaning to the image of the square and compass combo symbol.
So Paz, I talked to my husband again and he sort of said in his own words what Jkearney said. What I called a "presentation" he said to me was actually called an "educational" and yes a mason in the lodge could present some esoteric idea he has ( and someone doing one of these in the lodge did mention Hermes and other ideas in that same ballpark)
but my husband still thought the video a bit strange and weird for even a masonic lodge. As for the 33 degree stuff, my husband is in the York rite, but basically admitted that this was not necessary and for himself he felt it could be considered a waste time. He tried to liken the masonic brotherhood as like the priesthood. Every Elder has an equal priesthood to the President of the church, meaning the Melchizedek, but some hold the keys, yet they all have the same authority. So likewise, all master masons are the same, whether they have 33 degrees or not. There is not some higher realm in the masonic brotherhood that gives some higher teachings and info than what you get as a master mason.

He says for you to realize that the geometric globe is a strong symbol on Masonic Temples and he gave me the idea that he believed this represented the earth. And he said again that to the best of his knowledge no mason, in the name of the Masonic brotherhood is trying to promote a teaching that the earth is flat. When he said this he went on to try and explain to me the difference between occupational masonry and speculative masonry and how he was a speculative mason.

OK, that said, I can see now why you were so interested in that video and I hope you are not too disappointed in what I found out. You know and are into a lot of very interesting stuff and I wish I had the broad curiosity that you do. I have been around the block so to say enough times to know that one can't just trust what is taught in school. I don't know much about the flat earth or hollow earth theory, except that those who espouse it use a lot of science to back it up and are very convinced of its' truthfulness. Who can say for sure, I wouldn't know.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Niemand wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:04 pm The Sun is often portrayed as an eye in primitive cultures, so the idea was that it was one of a pair, with the black sun being the closed eye, or the Moon.
You’re on to something, here. The sun and moon are both eyes - literal SEERs (here I am beating a dead horse, again). But the black sun would be a fallen, darkened seer and not the moon.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Pazooka wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 3:45 pm
Niemand wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:04 pm The Sun is often portrayed as an eye in primitive cultures, so the idea was that it was one of a pair, with the black sun being the closed eye, or the Moon.
You’re on to something, here. The sun and moon are both eyes - literal SEERs (here I am beating a dead horse, again). But the black sun would be a fallen, darkened seer and not the moon.
There is an old tradition in Scottish mythology of the Cailleach Bheur, the old hag who is a giant and has one eye and is associated with the Moon. Some said the Moon was this eye.

I couldn't really see this connection until one night I was wandering home. The Moon was full and there was a huge halo around it due to thin cloud - this circle was a lot bigger than the diameter of the Moon in the sky... and it really did look like a giant eye looking down on me, complete with pupil.

This is similar to what I saw.

I know the Sun can do this too with thin cloud, and I have seen so called Moon dogs and Sun dogs.

A lot of anti-Masons say the all seeing eye of Masonry is the Eye of Horus. I'm not sure why not Ra instead, being the sun god. I remember one anti-Mason saying, "I don't worship a one-eyed god". That I thought was a pretty good burn!

The all seeing eye of the Sun.

One eyed Odin/Wotan. He gave up one eye for wisdom

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Niemand wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:59 am
There is an old tradition in Scottish mythology of the Cailleach Bheur, the old hag who is a giant and has one eye and is associated with the Moon. Some said the Moon was this eye.

I couldn't really see this connection until one night I was wandering home. The Moon was full and there was a huge halo around it due to thin cloud - this circle was a lot bigger than the diameter of the Moon in the sky... and it really did look like a giant eye looking down on me, complete with pupil.

I know the Sun can do this too with thin cloud, and I have seen so called Moon dogs and Sun dogs.

A lot of anti-Masons say the all seeing eye of Masonry is the Eye of Horus. I'm not sure why not Ra instead, being the sun god. I remember one anti-Mason saying, "I don't worship a one-eyed god". That I thought was a pretty good burn!

I couldn't help but chuckle over that bird on the left side looks like he just finished plucking Odins eye out and is swallowing it down. :D

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

simpleton wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 5:00 am
Niemand wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:59 am

I couldn't help but chuckle over that bird on the left side looks like he just finished plucking Odins eye out and is swallowing it down. :D
Huginn and Muginn - thought and memory. Looks like Huginn got a bit of a feed there.