Russell "Golden Calf" Nelson

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Re: Russell "Golden Calf" Nelson

Post by Mindfields »

randyps wrote: May 18th, 2022, 12:56 am
ransomme wrote: May 18th, 2022, 12:49 am
Atticus wrote: May 17th, 2022, 9:07 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:36 pm Claims to be a prophet on the same level as Joseph Smith and Moses.
Nope. He has never claimed this.
Just curious, what does RMN mean when he says that, "I am the Lord's prophet"? At the very least he is putting himself in the ball park, even in the same line-up with those clean-up hitters like Moses and Joseph.
It means nothing to my Catholic friends and anyone else that is non-mormon. It should mean nothing to anyone who is not in the boat. If someone is in the boat and still whining like the rest of the complainers then find another "self proclaimed" prophets boat to sail in.
I guess you're referring to the other 99.98% of the earth's population. The so called restoration is a complete fail. God's plan failed. Or perhaps it isn't God's plan...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

randyps wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:13 pm
Its not healthy to live with anger and hatred in ones heart and speaking ill will about any religion if its LDS, Buddhist or Islam is a definite sign of dark energy.
You must not be familiar with what ancient prophets had to say about corrupt religions of our day. I’d suggest a more in-depth study of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Nephi, Moroni, and even Christ himself. The condemnation from these men is often much more harsh than what we’ve read on the forum.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Mindfields wrote: May 18th, 2022, 5:54 am

Just curious, what does RMN mean when he says that, "I am the Lord's prophet"? At the very least he is putting himself in the ball park, even in the same line-up with those clean-up hitters like Moses and Joseph.
It means nothing to my Catholic friends and anyone else that is non-mormon. It should mean nothing to anyone who is not in the boat. If someone is in the boat and still whining like the rest of the complainers then find another "self proclaimed" prophets boat to sail in.
I guess you're referring to the other 99.98% of the earth's population. The so called restoration is a complete fail. God's plan failed. Or perhaps it isn't God's plan...
God’s plan did not fail. Men failed.
God will fix things soon with the great and marvelous work spoken of in Isaiah, which is the REAL gathering of all God’s children from all nations. A gathering and exodus bigger than Moses led.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

I believe Russel M Nelson is the Lord’s prophet today. I believe he holds the keys to govern this little Telestial church as best as he knows how, until he hands the keys back at AOA. I will never get the poisoned jab. I think he makes mistakes as do all that have proceeded him (Monson’s Mall) I’ll sustain him as such, until the church is set in order again buy the Servant of the Lord. I get we need humour in life, but are you serving Christ by your attitude displayed here in mocking a child of God?
Zion individuals will leave the mocking alone, despite how they view that individual.

Think long and hard about that question… It matters to Christ!
Last edited by DJB on May 18th, 2022, 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:36 pm Claims to be a prophet on the same level as Joseph Smith and Moses.
Why look to a man? How about we just seek Jesus, shall we? Most people think men are the gatekeepers to Christ, they are wrong.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

He means he is a true servant of God, who was called by revelation to the apostleship and whose calling it is to be the president of the Lord's church. Which means he has the God-given responsibility to declare God's word to the people.

This does not mean that he claims to be equal to Joseph Smith or Moses, who were the great law-givers called to open their respective dispensations.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:05 pm
Subcomandante wrote: May 17th, 2022, 7:59 pm Fools mock but they will mourn...
I think the fools - are the ones in their "big and spacious building" on Temple Square.

or maybe it's really this one. **********

existing fruit !
we've all seen their existing fruit - and it's rotten.
Anyone that's not blind or that doesn't idolize men (their church leaders) can see that.
And ANYONE - can build a temple or anything else -
just look how busy the church has been doing it. ***

Building Babylon BIGGER.
building expensive shopping malls for only the rich.

It's obvious the Lord's church has been corrupted by men that care more about making money - $100B+
Building Babylon Bigger, than they do in sharing the true Gospel and doctrine of Christ
and being an example of it.

The church is really a corporate conglomerate -
The Corporation of the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter - day Saints.
"The Mormon church is actually a corporate conglomerate.
Behind the religious front are dozens of companies earning hundreds of millions of dollars a year." .

I guess that's the goal of the restored gospel - is to make as much money as it can. (100B+)
so we can build Billion dollar Shopping Malls and lead the way in Babylon, and show just what a great example we are to all the World.

And I was unaware that this was one of the responsibilities of prophets and apostles
and what the Lord would want them to be doing.

"When it came time to cut the mall’s flouncy pink ribbon, Monson, flanked by Utah dignitaries, cheered,
"1 2 3 Let's Go Shopping!"

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

I know of at least six buildings in the city near where I live where the buildings are bigger than the Church Office Building.

Try again.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: May 18th, 2022, 7:39 am I know of at least six buildings in the city near where I live where the buildings are bigger than the Church Office Building.

Try again.
Yeah, the claim that the Church office building is the Great and Spacious building is laughable.

The Great and Spacious building in the vision of the tree of life is floating in the air. Meaning it has no foundation. All different types of people enter into this building and mock and deride the true saints of God. It's a metaphor, not an actual building.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Before this thread gets any more dumpster fire… can we please see some more pics of men holding out their arms in the act of receiving worship?

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Atticus wrote: May 18th, 2022, 7:46 am
Subcomandante wrote: May 18th, 2022, 7:39 am I know of at least six buildings in the city near where I live where the buildings are bigger than the Church Office Building.

Try again.
Yeah, the claim that the Church office building is the Great and Spacious building is laughable.

The Great and Spacious building in the vision of the tree of life is floating in the air. Meaning it has no foundation. All different types of people enter into this building and mock and deride the true saints of God. It's a metaphor, not an actual building.
what's even more laughable, is you guys take this literally. lol.. - when it's symbolic.

anyone that's not just a blind follower like you guys, knows that. lol.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Pazooka wrote: May 18th, 2022, 7:59 am Before this thread gets any more dumpster fire… can we please see some more pics of men holding out their arms in the act of receiving worship?
Like this man…
Attachments
846F5DB5-3405-472D-AFB2-4C4C435692F9.jpeg
846F5DB5-3405-472D-AFB2-4C4C435692F9.jpeg (355.79 KiB) Viewed 831 times

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

Pazooka wrote: May 18th, 2022, 8:20 am
Pazooka wrote: May 18th, 2022, 7:59 am Before this thread gets any more dumpster fire… can we please see some more pics of men holding out their arms in the act of receiving worship?
Like this man…
Go Michael Robinson!!! LOL, good one Pazooka. :D

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Being There wrote: May 18th, 2022, 8:16 am
what's even more laughable, is you guys take this literally. lol.. - when it's symbolic.
So now you're claiming that a literal building is symbolic of a non-literal building.

You can't make this stuff up.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

762X545 wrote: May 17th, 2022, 7:25 pm Mosiah 12:36 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing in the heaven above, or things which is in the earth beneath

2 Kings 17:12 For they served idols, whereof the LORD had said unto them, Ye shall not do this thing
Russell_M_Nelson_Birthday_0001.jpg
He is standing like the statue of Jesus in Rio? Which reminds me of the video of the wind suit guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPl8V_21E-8

Sirius
captain of 100

Post by Sirius »

Subcomandante wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:07 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:36 pm Zero prophecies.
Zero examples of doing anything that would qualify as seering.
Zero revelations.
Walks with the powers of the world in the covid lie.
Claims to be a prophet on the same level as Joseph Smith and Moses.
A fraud and a clown.
Incorrect on the first four counts and the last count. Fifth count, not only does he claim to be a prophet on the same level as Joseph Smith and Moses were, he IS a prophet on their same level.
Wow, really? I'm not going to sit here and throw accusations at him. But on the same level as Moses, and Joseph Smith? Let's at least be honest with ourselves.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

If he is like Moses, then RMN needs to read what Moses thought of others prophesying to the masses. Eldad and Medad were good examples of how Moses showed great humility. He actually scolded church leaders that they thought he'd be jealous that others were prophesying.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Atticus wrote: May 17th, 2022, 9:49 pm

Seething anger?

It was rude of me to say that. An exaggeration of how I perceive comments I've read of yours. I apologize and I removed the comment from my post.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on May 18th, 2022, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 18th, 2022, 11:09 am
Atticus wrote: May 17th, 2022, 9:49 pm

Seething anger?

It was rude of me to say that. An exaggeration of how I perceive comments I've read of yours. I apologize and I removed the comment from my post.
Thanks for the apology and removing that comment.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Sirius wrote: May 18th, 2022, 10:22 am
Subcomandante wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:07 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:36 pm Zero prophecies.
Zero examples of doing anything that would qualify as seering.
Zero revelations.
Walks with the powers of the world in the covid lie.
Claims to be a prophet on the same level as Joseph Smith and Moses.
A fraud and a clown.
Incorrect on the first four counts and the last count. Fifth count, not only does he claim to be a prophet on the same level as Joseph Smith and Moses were, he IS a prophet on their same level.
Wow, really? I'm not going to sit here and throw accusations at him. But on the same level as Moses, and Joseph Smith? Let's at least be honest with ourselves.
As far as the CALLING that President Nelson has, he is the same as Joseph Smith and Moses. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

As far as having done things similar to Joseph Smith or Moses, Nelson has a lot of ground to cover there. But it is amazing to see him in action.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

20C1A2D0-2C0D-453B-A3DD-A33C1AAB40A9.jpeg
20C1A2D0-2C0D-453B-A3DD-A33C1AAB40A9.jpeg (143.17 KiB) Viewed 631 times

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

DJB wrote: May 18th, 2022, 6:04 am I believe Russel M Nelson is the Lord’s prophet today. I believe he holds the keys to govern this little Telestial church as best as he knows how, until he hands the keys back at AOA. I will never get the poisoned jab. I think he makes mistakes as do all that have proceeded him (Monson’s Mall) I’ll sustain him as such, until the church is set in order again buy the Servant of the Lord. I get we need humour in life, but are you serving Christ by your attitude displayed here in mocking a child of God?
Zion individuals will leave the mocking alone, despite how they view that individual.

Think long and hard about that question… It matters to Christ!
I'm wondering how you can maintain the position that RMN is the Lord's prophet, and yet you'll never get the jab, when he clearly endorsed it and called it safe and effective and URGED you to get it.

1. You know better than the Lord's prophet.
2. It was only his opinion but he misused his authority to push it.
3. He's a nice old man but not a prophet.
4. He is the prophet, but the Lord doesn't care how many people died or suffered from the jab, let alone the tyrannical attacks on freedom, etc.

I've never prayed about ANYTHING in my life more than if I should get the vax. And my answer was directly OPPOSED to his counsel. It has become the biggest crisis of faith in my life. I KNOW that there is evil designs and purposes behind the pandemic and the vax. Which has led me to question our leadership for the first time in my life. And the harder I looked and questioned, the more they failed the test.