Russell "Golden Calf" Nelson

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Ciams
captain of 100

Re: Russell "Golden Calf" Nelson

Post by Ciams »

This is disrespectful.

I'm ok with disagreement, but this mocking reveals much about you. Might as well hang a sign over his head and call him king of the Mormons to show the pattern you'd follow.

That said, is he perfect? No. Has he said things not ideal? Seems likely, but so have I and I don't hold him to a standard of perfection. You and I have no reason to be upset with him. If you disagree with some bit of counsel, you can ignore it at your own judgment and continue to follow Christ.

We have all kinds of cultural issues and cant really escape them. No doubt Peter, James, and John could criticize our inconsistencies and flaws ad nauseum. But let's remember that we have a perfectly forgiving Savior who was willing to suffer and take every burden of our mortality upon himself.

There's way too much criticism about motes in our brothers and sisters when we really need to be building Zion.

Read the surrounding verses in DC101. The problems have been with us since the beginning of the restoration.

"And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.

And the enemy came by night, and broke down the hedge; and the servants of the nobleman arose and were affrighted, and fled; and the enemy destroyed their works, and broke down the olive trees."

Focus on your discipleship. Not distracting those from being disciples themselves by creating more variance against each other.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Ciams wrote: May 24th, 2022, 1:06 am This is disrespectful.

I'm ok with disagreement, but this mocking reveals much about you. Might as well hang a sign over his head and call him king of the Mormons to show the pattern you'd follow.

That said, is he perfect? No. Has he said things not ideal? Seems likely, but so have I and I don't hold him to a standard of perfection. You and I have no reason to be upset with him. If you disagree with some bit of counsel, you can ignore it at your own judgment and continue to follow Christ.

We have all kinds of cultural issues and cant really escape them. No doubt Peter, James, and John could criticize our inconsistencies and flaws ad nauseum. But let's remember that we have a perfectly forgiving Savior who was willing to suffer and take every burden of our mortality upon himself.

There's way too much criticism about motes in our brothers and sisters when we really need to be building Zion.

Read the surrounding verses in DC101. The problems have been with us since the beginning of the restoration.

"And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.

And the enemy came by night, and broke down the hedge; and the servants of the nobleman arose and were affrighted, and fled; and the enemy destroyed their works, and broke down the olive trees."

Focus on your discipleship. Not distracting those from being disciples themselves by creating more variance against each other.
I am confused. At first, I thought this was directed at Atticus. Now I am not sure.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Pazooka wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:16 pm
Subcomandante wrote: May 17th, 2022, 7:59 pm Fools mock but they will mourn...
We fools are in mourning already. For Zion was lost and is not yet found.
At lease some appreciate significant identities at march8miracle.org. :lol: