POLL: Are you a member?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Post Reply

POLL: Are you a member?

Yes, and love everything about the church.
7
7%
Yes, and love the church but have questions.
12
12%
Yes, but don't agree with everything that the church teaches.
29
29%
Yes, but the church has become corrupted.
38
38%
Yes, but don't want anything to do with the church.
2
2%
I was, but have since removed my records.
9
9%
I was excommunicated.
0
No votes
I've never been a member.
0
No votes
Other (explained below)
2
2%
 
Total votes: 99
User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Apologies, I've made a few threads lately. But I'm curious to gauge where we're at on this topic.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8130

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Niemand »

We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
Couldn't get into either of those places even if we wanted to right now.

User avatar
Luke
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9456
Location: England

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Luke »

I put other. I am still technically a member, and occasionally go to a service, but that’s the limits of my association with the LDS Church.

User avatar
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3364
Location: USA

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Lexew1899 »

Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
The Branch Covidians are still preventing people from church service?

User avatar
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11258
Location: England

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Robin Hood »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:03 am
Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
Couldn't get into either of those places even if we wanted to right now.
Count your blessings.
Australia has spiders with attitude, and Canada has people who pretend to be French.

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Bump.

User avatar
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3173

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Subcomandante »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 8:42 am Apologies, I've made a few threads lately. But I'm curious to gauge where we're at on this topic.
I'm between "Love the Church but have questions" and "don't agree with everything the Church teaches."

User avatar
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3173

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Subcomandante »

Lexew1899 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:27 am
Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
The Branch Covidians are still preventing people from church service?
In Mexico, that's still the case, if you are not masked or if you have a fever detected at the sanitary checkpoint at the chapel entrance. Local regulations in our case. Perhaps other regions of the country not so much.

Go further south into Latin America, and others will even ask for your vaccination certificate. Lacking that, you won't enter the chapel even if you have a name tag identifying yourself as a missionary of the Church.

User avatar
Luke
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9456
Location: England

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Luke »

Subcomandante wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:42 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:27 am
Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
The Branch Covidians are still preventing people from church service?
In Mexico, that's still the case, if you are not masked or if you have a fever detected at the sanitary checkpoint at the chapel entrance. Local regulations in our case. Perhaps other regions of the country not so much.

Go further south into Latin America, and others will even ask for your vaccination certificate. Lacking that, you won't enter the chapel even if you have a name tag identifying yourself as a missionary of the Church.
Colonia Dublan Ward in Northern Chihuahua was fine. I've been there twice.

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

I wasn’t expecting as many people to have taken their records out, interesting.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1103

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:10 pm I wasn’t expecting as many people to have taken their records out, interesting.
My new friend is working on that now.

It seems it is becoming more common.

These aren't quick decisions either.

She has been working through this for 8 years.

Still holds her faith, just not in the church.

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

JuneBug12000 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:10 pm I wasn’t expecting as many people to have taken their records out, interesting.
My new friend is working on that now.

It seems it is becoming more common.

These aren't quick decisions either.

She has been working through this for 8 years.

Still holds her faith, just not in the church.
I could name 6-7 people I know who have removed theirs over the last 2 years. Sadly most of them have gone the route of atheism… and are not fond of God or anything of the like.

A common theme among “exmos”. But there are still those who are like your friend, seeking for the truth and not tossing it all out. I’m grateful for that.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1103

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:30 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:10 pm I wasn’t expecting as many people to have taken their records out, interesting.
My new friend is working on that now.

It seems it is becoming more common.

These aren't quick decisions either.

She has been working through this for 8 years.

Still holds her faith, just not in the church.
I could name 6-7 people I know who have removed theirs over the last 2 years. Sadly most of them have gone the route of atheism… and are not fond of God or anything of the like.

A common theme among “exmos”. But there are still those who are like your friend, seeking for the truth and not tossing it all out. I’m grateful for that.
I'm seeing those who still believe in God, Jesus, Bible, even Joseph Smith and Book of Mormon, but not the organization.

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

JuneBug12000 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:34 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:30 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:10 pm I wasn’t expecting as many people to have taken their records out, interesting.
My new friend is working on that now.

It seems it is becoming more common.

These aren't quick decisions either.

She has been working through this for 8 years.

Still holds her faith, just not in the church.
I could name 6-7 people I know who have removed theirs over the last 2 years. Sadly most of them have gone the route of atheism… and are not fond of God or anything of the like.

A common theme among “exmos”. But there are still those who are like your friend, seeking for the truth and not tossing it all out. I’m grateful for that.
I'm seeing those who still believe in God, Jesus, Bible, even Joseph Smith and Book of Mormon, but not the organization.
I think that’s where people will end up if they go about asking questions the right way.

All of the individuals I know gone down the other path started by reading the CES letter…

User avatar
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3173

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Subcomandante »

Luke wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:06 pm
Subcomandante wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:42 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:27 am
Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
The Branch Covidians are still preventing people from church service?
In Mexico, that's still the case, if you are not masked or if you have a fever detected at the sanitary checkpoint at the chapel entrance. Local regulations in our case. Perhaps other regions of the country not so much.

Go further south into Latin America, and others will even ask for your vaccination certificate. Lacking that, you won't enter the chapel even if you have a name tag identifying yourself as a missionary of the Church.
Colonia Dublan Ward in Northern Chihuahua was fine. I've been there twice.
Glad to hear that they have some sense.

User avatar
BuriedTartaria
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1160

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Yes, but the church is corrupted (I think the LDS church was always less than it claimed to be though) and I don't participate. I don't fault anyone for staying in the ship. I think good still happens there.

I'm not sure what to do with my records. Maybe I'll start a blog or make some sort of channel to produce content and get excommunicated.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7174
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:30 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:10 pm I wasn’t expecting as many people to have taken their records out, interesting.
My new friend is working on that now.

It seems it is becoming more common.

These aren't quick decisions either.

She has been working through this for 8 years.

Still holds her faith, just not in the church.
I could name 6-7 people I know who have removed theirs over the last 2 years. Sadly most of them have gone the route of atheism… and are not fond of God or anything of the like.

A common theme among “exmos”. But there are still those who are like your friend, seeking for the truth and not tossing it all out. I’m grateful for that.
A mixed bag of truth and lies doth prove an effective means of deception. :x

Pre-Toddler, but not bathwater. :mrgreen: dbnp

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams
Posts: 1044
Location: Rural Australia

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Dave62 »

Subcomandante wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:42 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:27 am
Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
The Branch Covidians are still preventing people from church service?
In Mexico, that's still the case, if you are not masked or if you have a fever detected at the sanitary checkpoint at the chapel entrance. Local regulations in our case. Perhaps other regions of the country not so much.

Go further south into Latin America, and others will even ask for your vaccination certificate. Lacking that, you won't enter the chapel even if you have a name tag identifying yourself as a missionary of the Church.
What a bunch of bloody Fascists! We were never required to show vaccine passes in Queensland but I believe it was required in some places in Victoria. Had I been asked to show 'papers please' I would have stood outside and asked the bishop to send a deacon out with the sacrament.

User avatar
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3173

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Subcomandante »

Dave62 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 3:23 am
Subcomandante wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:42 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:27 am
Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
The Branch Covidians are still preventing people from church service?
In Mexico, that's still the case, if you are not masked or if you have a fever detected at the sanitary checkpoint at the chapel entrance. Local regulations in our case. Perhaps other regions of the country not so much.

Go further south into Latin America, and others will even ask for your vaccination certificate. Lacking that, you won't enter the chapel even if you have a name tag identifying yourself as a missionary of the Church.
What a bunch of bloody Fascists! We were never required to show vaccine passes in Queensland but I believe it was required in some places in Victoria. Had I been asked to show 'papers please' I would have stood outside and asked the bishop to send a deacon out with the sacrament.
I don't blame the Church so much for the regulations but the local governments. The Church worked the way it did in my region of Mexico out of an abundance of caution because there are regulations written into the religious registration part where a church can be banned from the country for repeated violations of the health code. That of course, is an extreme measure and not applied the first go round (they go the way of fines and local prohibitions first).

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

.
Last edited by Gadianton Slayer on April 28th, 2022, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7849
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

If your only limit for what the church will or will not do is based upon what the government asks (tells) you to do, well, you should know how this story ends. I hear this time and time again from Sub and others… at what point does your gave a damn button break? We know where society (governments) are headed. Wake up… wake up!!!

The most free nation on this earth DID NOT COMPLY!!

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

BuriedTartaria wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:56 pm Maybe I'll start a blog or make some sort of channel to produce content and get excommunicated.
It's quite enjoyable, even if you don't get the celestial boot.

User avatar
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6111
Location: A Sound Mind

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

So far this is actually much more unbalanced than I thought. Way to go 🍻

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8130

Re: POLL: Are you a member?

Post by Niemand »

Dave62 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 3:23 am
Subcomandante wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:42 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:27 am
Niemand wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:59 am We're lucky we don't live in Canada. I don't think they'd be letting us through the door. Nor Australia.
The Branch Covidians are still preventing people from church service?
In Mexico, that's still the case, if you are not masked or if you have a fever detected at the sanitary checkpoint at the chapel entrance. Local regulations in our case. Perhaps other regions of the country not so much.

Go further south into Latin America, and others will even ask for your vaccination certificate. Lacking that, you won't enter the chapel even if you have a name tag identifying yourself as a missionary of the Church.
What a bunch of bloody Fascists! We were never required to show vaccine passes in Queensland but I believe it was required in some places in Victoria. Had I been asked to show 'papers please' I would have stood outside and asked the bishop to send a deacon out with the sacrament.
Thank God for that. I've been hearing some terrible things coming out if Australia and I gather there is now a "Wellness Centre" in QLD.

Victoria is/was run by Dan Andrews who is a complete nutcase. NT has that mad Michael Gunner, so who knows where that will go.
Image

https://darwinnationalreview.com/health ... el-gunner/
Ellis FourThirty:
Last night my kid came into my bedroom crying, saying there was a monster under his bed. I went and looked underneath, and it was Michael Gunner.
Last edited by Niemand on April 29th, 2022, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply