Book review — The God Gene by F Paul Wilson

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Book review — The God Gene by F Paul Wilson

Post by Lizzy60 »

I read this book many years ago. The premise is that a man discovers an island that has not been infiltrated by other species for eons. He captures a monkey, and gives the monkey to his brother, a genetic scientist. The scientist does not believe in God, or any sort of intelligent design. When he does a genetic test on the monkey (because it’s not like any known species of monkey) he finds the “God gene”. I don’t remember the details except this monkey’s DNA proved intelligent design. The scientist could not deal with this paradigm breaker, so although the monkey had become a pet, he killed it and totally destroyed any trace of it to cover up the offending DNA. Then he tried to find the island, and even though his brother was going back to the island, the scientist was willing to kill his brother and others who were on the island, and every living thing on the island so the truth of the God Gene would not be discovered.

I have ordered my own copy of this book because in the light of everything going on right now, I want to read it again. I read a library copy the first time.

How many people do you know, while not going to such lengths as literally murdering people, are willing to put loved ones at risk, rather than admit the vex is not safe and effective? How many are not willing to hear the truth about so many things, because it would upset their paradigm of all is well, the church is true, the prophet can’t lead us astray?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Book review — The God Gene by F Paul Wilson

Post by Niemand »

Once you've invested a lot in something, you don't want it to be untrue.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Niemand wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 2:03 pm Once you've invested a lot in something, you don't want it to be untrue.
I agree.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 3:40 pm
Niemand wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 2:03 pm Once you've invested a lot in something, you don't want it to be untrue.
I agree.
I've seen it with cars. A man will spend a lot of money on a classic car and if it doesn't work will keep trying to fix it.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

A great example of a contrary spirit as mentioned here in We’ve been dealt a mixed bag of truth and lies.