A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Re: A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

Post by IcedKoffee »

There’s a series of troubling beliefs within these fringe groups that eventually drive them over the edge.

1. Polygamy
2. Blood atonement
3. And a blinding obsession with the One Mighty and Strong!

I’m not looking to get into the weeds about these doctrines (especially the first two). But they definitely seem to fuel the fires of religious extremism.
Last edited by IcedKoffee on May 15th, 2023, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

IcedKoffee wrote: May 15th, 2023, 12:59 pm There seems to be a series of troubling beliefs within these fringe groups that eventually drive them over the edge.

1. Polygamy
2. Blood atonement

I’m not looking to get into the weeds about these doctrines (especially the first two). But they definitely seem to fuel the fires of religious extremism.
I would also add a twisted view of what a prophet is.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

The second video detailing the threats that have been made by Phil Davis and Jeffery Bartholomew is now up!

https://youtu.be/j8KXlgAHRN8

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:55 pm Asking for a prophet is like asking for king, it leads to destruction
We are indeed responsible for our own salvation, but I can't agree with that statement. There is still a need for prophets; translating scripture, receiving revelations, leading us to Zion.

I think what you are getting at is what intent do we have when we ask for a prophet. If we seek to pawn off our own responsibilities, then yes, it will lead to our destruction. If our intent is to receive more from God while using our agency to vet everything ourselves, then it is good to have a prophet.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

IcedKoffee wrote: May 15th, 2023, 12:59 pm There’s a series of troubling beliefs within these fringe groups that eventually drive them over the edge.

1. Polygamy
2. Blood atonement

None of the DoC guys even believe those first two. Many are guilty of the third, but some within their ranks are not.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Shawn Henry wrote: May 15th, 2023, 2:24 pm
IcedKoffee wrote: May 15th, 2023, 12:59 pm There’s a series of troubling beliefs within these fringe groups that eventually drive them over the edge.

1. Polygamy
2. Blood atonement

None of the DoC guys even believe those first two. Many are guilty of the third, but some within their ranks are not.
Sorry, I was speaking more towards people like the lafferty brothers, Daybell’s and Phil’s group.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

IcedKoffee wrote: May 15th, 2023, 2:36 pm

1. Polygamy
2. Blood atonement

Sorry, I was speaking more towards people like the lafferty brothers, Daybell’s and Phil’s group.
Jeez Louise what a comparison...not knocking your comments, but it tickled me!

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

solonan wrote: May 21st, 2023, 9:38 am
The Lafferty brothers, and the Daybells/Vallow, are both responsible for the deaths of people that they felt justified in killing due to their religious beliefs. Including children! Phil Davis and Jeffery Bartholomew are now threatening to spill the blood of people they felt have sinned against them. Yet again justifying the murder of innocent people due to their religious convictions. These are just a few of the comparisons. I’m sure there would be many more parallel’s if we were to line these groups/people up side by side and do an in depth analysis!

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

IcedKoffee wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:49 am
solonan wrote: May 21st, 2023, 9:38 am

The Lafferty brothers, and the Daybells/Vallow, are both responsible for the deaths of people that they felt justified in killing due to their religious beliefs. Including children! Phil Davis and Jeffery Bartholomew are now threatening to spill the blood of people they felt have sinned against them. Yet again justifying the murder of innocent people due to their religious convictions. These are just a few of the comparisons. I’m sure there would be many more parallel’s if we were to line these groups/people up side by side and do an in depth study!
Oh I remember IcedKoffee, the Lafferty brothers were all over the news, Daybells are now and it sounds like Phil and Jeff are pushing the same line. I am responding in such a way, not because what you are saying isn't true, because it is, but I hadn't put it together.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:06 am I really wanted to post these things here, in this thread, instead of in the thread
" The One Mighty and Strong: too much idolizing or not enough idolizing done for this servant? "
so I'm posting them here also.

Speaking of Phil and his gullible group - who like him - have been deceived - deceived by him.

Here is what someone told me - when talking about Phil and his supposed angelic experiences
and who he thinks he is, and the belief that Joseph Smith has returned.
"I personally believe Phil.
I don’t know what reason he would have to make it up."

can you believe it !
that's just it - he didn't make it up - at least that's what he thinks.
He believes what he says is true.

just shows you - why some people are deceived.

What I've said before -
" I don't think he is lying and just made up his story about an angel appearing to him
and, that - from what I've read, (below) that
"He (Phil Davis) is a reincarnated servant from the 1830s who was with Joseph Smith. "
or, from this article -
"According to Davis, an angel visited him in his chocolate shop, followed by a translated being
who authorized him into a new Terrestrial Order of the Church.
However, in recent times, Joseph Smith returned to inaugurate a re-restoration
at the hand of the Davidic Servant, Phil Davis."

I think he is sincere and believes what he is saying, and that he believes he really IS telling the truth.
I guess the real question is - DO YOU ?
Do you believe he is telling the truth ?
Do we - those that have heard his story, believe what he is saying ?

Like I said. I think he sounds like a very good person, so I can't really say anything bad about him;
I really don't know him.
But, I once had a friend, who had a great imagination and told me many stories that sounded amazing
and I knew he wasn't just lying to me, but really believed himself everything he was telling me;
even though I knew he was making up everything.
bump

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

Being There wrote: September 18th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Being There wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:06 am I really wanted to post these things here, in this thread, instead of in the thread
" The One Mighty and Strong: too much idolizing or not enough idolizing done for this servant? "

Speaking of Phil and his gullible group - who like him - have been deceived - deceived by him.

Here is what someone told me - when talking about Phil and his supposed angelic experiences

can you believe it !

What I've said before -
" I don't think he is lying and just made up his story about an angel appearing to him
"He (Phil Davis) is a reincarnated servant from the 1830s who was with Joseph Smith. "
or, from this article -
"According to Davis, an angel visited him in his chocolate shop, followed by a translated being

I think he is sincere and believes what he is saying, and that he believes he really IS telling the truth.

Like I said. I think he sounds like a very good person, so I can't really say anything bad about him;
I really don't know him.
But, I once had a friend, who had a great imagination and told me many stories that sounded amazing
and I knew he wasn't just lying to me, but really believed himself everything he was telling me;
bump
Something new happen?

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Telavian wrote: April 13th, 2023, 10:49 am I like a lot of the DoC concepts however never got caught up in the Phil worship.
It is kind of sad that God has to use flawed people like us to do his work. There really seems like there should be a better way.
It is also sad that we can't just trust in God and follow him, but instead we run from one religious leader to the next.
serious question.
So why haven't you joined up now with Phil and his group then ?
considering that you now believe like he does - the return of Joseph Smith
your post
18 Evidences for Joseph Smith’s Return
viewtopic.php?p=1419054#p1419054
Last edited by Being There on September 18th, 2023, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Lemarque wrote: September 18th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Being There wrote: September 18th, 2023, 6:11 pm

can you believe it !

What I've said before -
or, from this article -

I really don't know him.
bump
Something new happen?
no.
just wanted to ask Telavian a question

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Post by Telavian »

Being There wrote: September 18th, 2023, 6:19 pm serious question.
your post
I will be honest. I am a heartbeat away from permanently blocking you.

As you mentioned here you are not singling me out, yet you resurrected a statement I made over 5 months ago.
You're implying that because I agree with one thing that a group teaches then I should identify with the group as a whole. That doesn't even make any sense.
Please get some help and leave me alone.

viewtopic.php?p=1420707#p1420707

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Telavian wrote: September 18th, 2023, 9:49 pm
Being There wrote: September 18th, 2023, 6:19 pm serious question.
your post
I will be honest. I am a heartbeat away from permanently blocking you.

As you mentioned here you are not singling me out, yet you resurrected a statement I made over 5 months ago.
You're implying that because I agree with one thing that a group teaches then I should identify with the group as a whole. That doesn't even make any sense.
Please get some help and leave me alone.

viewtopic.php?p=1420707#p1420707
thanks but I don't need help.

And I'll be honest too.

The ONLY REASON I even looked at this tread
is because I knew that Phil and his group believed in something you did - Joseph Smith’s Return.
your post

so I'm NOT singling you out at all - but just wanted to know if you had commented in this thread
indicating that perhaps you were associated with them - or even joined with them -
which is why I asked - "why haven't you joined up now with Phil and his group" - only to see if you had ,
and not implying at all that you should identify with the group as a whole -
which is what you wanted to make it sound like.
But thank you for the clarification.

and btw- it's a common thing and normal that many do in this forum -
to look up what others have posted and commented on, and bring back
older threads to see what they said, and ask them about it -
so don't feel singled out.

Dlight
captain of 100

Post by Dlight »

At first, I went to a few Snuffer gatherings, then I found the DOC, but decided to go alone and have been walking with Jesus alone for the last few years, though not perfectly by any means.

All I can say is that it's incredibly hard having no brotherhood, and I don't blame anyone of them for meeting together with more like-minded people.

The gospel has become complex and people all see things differently, it's only natural to have offshoots over time, especially in the digital age where thoughts are so much easier to express publically than ever before.

As far as I am concerned, all these sects are my brothers and sisters, and it doesn't so much matter who is right or wrong about the doctrines they disagree on, what matters most is the individual and their heart, and I am sure there are deeply sincere people having amazing experiences with the Lord in all three groups, and any other religion with any other people who sincerely seek to walk with Jesus.

Jesus answers all sincere seekers of truth, even if they are not yet calling on Jesus's name, he answers their sincere hearts.

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Post by Telavian »

Dlight wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:51 pm As far as I am concerned, all these sects are my brothers and sisters, and it doesn't so much matter who is right or wrong about the doctrines they disagree on, what matters most is the individual and their heart, and I am sure there are deeply sincere people having amazing experiences with the Lord in all three groups, and any other religion with any other people who sincerely seek to walk with Jesus.
We are all trying to do what we think is best. It is really hard to judge anyone unless you know their entire story which we rarely do.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Telavian wrote: September 19th, 2023, 6:42 am
Dlight wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:51 pm As far as I am concerned, all these sects are my brothers and sisters, and it doesn't so much matter who is right or wrong about the doctrines they disagree on, what matters most is the individual and their heart, and I am sure there are deeply sincere people having amazing experiences with the Lord in all three groups, and any other religion with any other people who sincerely seek to walk with Jesus.
We are all trying to do what we think is best.
It is really hard to judge anyone unless you know their entire story which we rarely do.
so soooo true.
And thank you for the reminder -
because it's just what I needed to hear and remember, and to live by more.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

I thought of a new catch phrase for Phil that might help him gain more adherents in light of his recent drop in numbers due to his live masturbation broadcast.

Instead of saying in his charismatic voice, "Welcome to tonight's Zoomcast!", he can say, "Welcome to tonight's Seedcast!".

He might attract a different set of followers though. What do you all think?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Dlight wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:51 pm it's incredibly hard having no brotherhood
There are a handful here who would be willing to be your brother. If you ever find yourself in Gilbert, Az, I'll buy you lunch.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Shawn Henry wrote: September 19th, 2023, 2:15 pm I thought of a new catch phrase for Phil that might help him gain more adherents in light of his recent drop in numbers due to his live masturbation broadcast.

Instead of saying in his charismatic voice, "Welcome to tonight's Zoomcast!", he can say, "Welcome to tonight's Seedcast!".

He might attract a different set of followers though. What do you all think?
Whaaaaat?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Mamabear wrote: September 19th, 2023, 2:24 pm Whaaaaat?
He forgot to log off after and a session and was heard by at least one party who stayed connected. They reported it was quite vigorous and contained many expletives. Happens to the best of us, right?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Shawn Henry wrote: September 19th, 2023, 2:35 pm
He forgot to log off after and a session and was heard by at least one party who stayed connected. They reported it was quite vigorous and contained many expletives. Happens to the best of us, right?
Hmmmm. Who was the lucky person? Did Phil apologize?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mamabear wrote: September 19th, 2023, 3:19 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: September 19th, 2023, 2:35 pm
Hmmmm. Who was the lucky person? Did Phil apologize?
He doubled down

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

^^^ Correct. I believe he did a follow up meeting where he addressed the fast-handedness of his actions and actually gave it a positive spin.