A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Re: A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

BuriedTartaria wrote: September 7th, 2022, 6:12 am
Being There wrote: September 7th, 2022, 12:02 am

so does anyone know if Phil is married ? gay maybe ?
He is not married. Judging off the captured audio (maybe it was audio and visual?) from a Zoom call he thought he had disconnected from, it sounds like he's straight with a very dominating heart (and hypocritical in his framing that he reached a level of morality that causes the Lord to minister to a mortal on this side of veil, the complete firmness in mind for righteousness the Book of Mormon refers to) no idea if he's more than that (gay).

Most aren't trying to kick a guy while he is down or make fun of an embarrassing incident (some probably are). He was claiming the role of prophet or at least a servant who has encounters with the other side. Does a Nephi-like figure or A Daniel-like servant of the Lord indulge in certain appetites or are they completely above such conduct? I think most of us feel those sort of figures are above certain conduct. This is a fitting end for someone lying about being such a cleansed vessel that the Lord ministers to him and is using him profoundly for the redemption of Zion.

This guy was leading "school of the prophets" retreats and wise gurus in Mormondom were following him, believing they were being led to an enlightening that would allow them to commune through the veil.

Whether or not Snuffer's claims are true, I can not believe this guy framed Denver as a false prophet. If Denver is only one thing, it's sincere in virtue. The DoC group is DOA while the remnant group continues on.

Denver wrote: I can also warn you that all the churches of Mormonism, from the LDS to the
Community of Christ, to the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints, and all the offshoots, including the pretenders who now seek to get a
following by their pretended enlightenment; all of them are working at cross
purposes to what the Lord is doing.
If they, or you, want to please the Lord you will
assist the labor we are performing. None else, and no-one else, are doing the Lord’s
work, vindicating His covenants, fulfilling His promises, and laboring alongside Him.
We have a covenant from Him, given in 2017 that promises us His protecting hand.
If you follow Christ as Lord, then you will support our work: for it is His work.
Denver wrote: In 2014, God revoked the authority of the LDS hierarchy. In the ensuing few years, that
institution has continually stumbled into darkness and disarray, with their temples closed
and services altogether interrupted for a year. They have voluntarily altered and
abandoned parts of their temple rites. They have voluntarily chosen to destroy the original
Salt Lake Temple and replace it with a modern substitute lacking the original symbolism
and meaning. They have continually surrendered to popular opinion and increasingly
adopted the worldly agenda of accepting sexual confusion, political intolerance, and
censorship of opinion. When viewed as trends, it becomes apparent the LDS Church’s
leadership is rapidly moving in a direction contrary to its original roots

The trillion dollar institution had authority wrested from it and is becoming deeper ingrained with the agenda of TPTB and pretenders are being exposed.
Haters can back off and show an ounce of courtesy and polite agreement to disagree for the "small thing" of the Lord occurring in these last days.
It's an awkward subject to bring up, but some time back I started a long and contentious thread where I asked if anyone could actually cite a scripture stating that masturbation was a sin. Opinions varied quite a bit, and things got hilariously heated in the back and forth, but bottom line, no one could ever cite such a scripture. So even if the accusation is true, not sure how much it matters?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:09 pm
It's an awkward subject to bring up, but some time back I started a long and contentious thread where I asked if anyone could actually cite a scripture stating that masturbation was a sin. Opinions varied quite a bit, and things got hilariously heated in the back and forth, but bottom line, no one could ever cite such a scripture. So even if the accusation is true, not sure how much it matters?
I remember the thread you made. Opinions on the topic are varied and typically turn into contentious debates. I think the issue is, a big thing he taught was living and walking with such faith and such sincerity in the words of Christ that the veil is pulled away and you are ministered to by Christ through the veil (this is a belief not unique to the Doctrine of Christ group). Living a degree of righteousness. If you feel that the spiritual juggernauts we have stories of in the scriptures who were ministered to by Christ did have personal moments like this (and I can't say they didn't but others can't tell me they did either), then it's totally understandable to not be too quick to judge Phil's claims over a personal incident. Or even if you don't believe his claims, it's easy to not care that much.

I don't know much of anything for certain, though I have a personal opinion on the matter I don't want to share it out of respect for fantastic men and women who have varying views on it. Outside of my personal conduct my opinion really doesn't matter anyways, I suppose. Great people feel this aspect doesn't need to be 100% eradicated from one's life to be righteous (and on that I agree, but I do believe there are degrees of righteousness and ascension might pull people away from any such moments). A lot of guilt, self-loathing and shame comes from this divisive topic. Some people are trapped in marriages lacking aspects of love (some types of love are present but maybe core elements have completely died). Some people aren't married. I understand it's a layered issue.

I don't want to kick Phil Davis while he is down and I respect the defense you are offering on his behalf. I also agree with you that Jacob Isbell's comments about not being able to be forgiven were harsh however, I understand that he was trying to emphasize how wicked he feels Davis is for lying about all of this (assuming Phil Davis' claims of being a servant for the Lord and having experiences across the veil are true).

I suppose there is a problem with the general body of Christ if someone (especially youth) feel they'd rather separate from the body (rejecting the gospel, and for some that might be involvement with the LDS church, for some that might be a break-off, for some it might be a Christian church) over such moments happening in their life. This probably happens too much. So I can respect the varying views on this matter held by great people, but I have my own view for guiding myself.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

Being There wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:06 am I really wanted to post these things here, in this thread, instead of in the thread
" The One Mighty and Strong: too much idolizing or not enough idolizing done for this servant? "
so I'm posting them here also.

Speaking of Phil and his gullible group - who like him - have been deceived - deceived by him.

Here is what someone told me - when talking about Phil and his supposed angelic experiences
and who he thinks he is, and the belief that Joseph Smith has returned.
"I personally believe Phil.
I don’t know what reason he would have to make it up."

can you believe it !
that's just it - he didn't make it up - at least that's what he thinks.
He believes what he says is true.

just shows you - why some people are deceived.

What I've said before -
" I don't think he is lying and just made up his story about an angel appearing to him
and, that - from what I've read, (below) that
"He (Phil Davis) is a reincarnated servant from the 1830s who was with Joseph Smith. "
or, from this article -
"According to Davis, an angel visited him in his chocolate shop, followed by a translated being
who authorized him into a new Terrestrial Order of the Church.
However, in recent times, Joseph Smith returned to inaugurate a re-restoration
at the hand of the Davidic Servant, Phil Davis."

I think he is sincere and believes what he is saying, and that he believes he really IS telling the truth.
I guess the real question is - DO YOU ?
Do you believe he is telling the truth ?
Do we - those that have heard his story, believe what he is saying ?

Like I said. I think he sounds like a very good person, so I can't really say anything bad about him;
I really don't know him.
But, I once had a friend, who had a great imagination and told me many stories that sounded amazing
and I knew he wasn't just lying to me, but really believed himself everything he was telling me;
even though I knew he was making up everything.
Count me among those that believe Phil had these experiences. As someone who has had his own experiences, I can tell you that having experiences DOES NOT GIVE YOU A BONA FIDES from the Lord. You can still be compromised. I have been compromised before and have had the need to repent. Experiences lend you an ability to be able to converse with angels and other through the veil. That does not mean that you will always get a righteous angel, or that your ego and hunger for power and the flesh will call down a dark angel appearing as a light angel.

At the end of the day, you have only the messages given, and what applying those messaged do in advancing your own ascension and increasing your charity. Some of what Phil teaches to hook people get you through the gauntlet of learning how to get your own revelation and not trusting in the arm of flesh. But from there, he takes it sideways into believing in Phil's special priesthood appointment, and the return of Joseph Smith, as the most important teachings.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:09 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: September 7th, 2022, 6:12 am
Being There wrote: September 7th, 2022, 12:02 am

so does anyone know if Phil is married ? gay maybe ?
He is not married. Judging off the captured audio (maybe it was audio and visual?) from a Zoom call he thought he had disconnected from, it sounds like he's straight with a very dominating heart (and hypocritical in his framing that he reached a level of morality that causes the Lord to minister to a mortal on this side of veil, the complete firmness in mind for righteousness the Book of Mormon refers to) no idea if he's more than that (gay).

Most aren't trying to kick a guy while he is down or make fun of an embarrassing incident (some probably are). He was claiming the role of prophet or at least a servant who has encounters with the other side. Does a Nephi-like figure or A Daniel-like servant of the Lord indulge in certain appetites or are they completely above such conduct? I think most of us feel those sort of figures are above certain conduct. This is a fitting end for someone lying about being such a cleansed vessel that the Lord ministers to him and is using him profoundly for the redemption of Zion.

This guy was leading "school of the prophets" retreats and wise gurus in Mormondom were following him, believing they were being led to an enlightening that would allow them to commune through the veil.

Whether or not Snuffer's claims are true, I can not believe this guy framed Denver as a false prophet. If Denver is only one thing, it's sincere in virtue. The DoC group is DOA while the remnant group continues on.

Denver wrote: I can also warn you that all the churches of Mormonism, from the LDS to the
Community of Christ, to the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints, and all the offshoots, including the pretenders who now seek to get a
following by their pretended enlightenment; all of them are working at cross
purposes to what the Lord is doing.
If they, or you, want to please the Lord you will
assist the labor we are performing. None else, and no-one else, are doing the Lord’s
work, vindicating His covenants, fulfilling His promises, and laboring alongside Him.
We have a covenant from Him, given in 2017 that promises us His protecting hand.
If you follow Christ as Lord, then you will support our work: for it is His work.
Denver wrote: In 2014, God revoked the authority of the LDS hierarchy. In the ensuing few years, that
institution has continually stumbled into darkness and disarray, with their temples closed
and services altogether interrupted for a year. They have voluntarily altered and
abandoned parts of their temple rites. They have voluntarily chosen to destroy the original
Salt Lake Temple and replace it with a modern substitute lacking the original symbolism
and meaning. They have continually surrendered to popular opinion and increasingly
adopted the worldly agenda of accepting sexual confusion, political intolerance, and
censorship of opinion. When viewed as trends, it becomes apparent the LDS Church’s
leadership is rapidly moving in a direction contrary to its original roots

The trillion dollar institution had authority wrested from it and is becoming deeper ingrained with the agenda of TPTB and pretenders are being exposed.
Haters can back off and show an ounce of courtesy and polite agreement to disagree for the "small thing" of the Lord occurring in these last days.
It just seemed gross the way it was described. "violent". shouting obscenities. I guess I'd have to see it to understand what it was. Not that I want to.
Hardly a sacred sexual experience. And super embarrassing, like the whole Jeffrey Tubin thing. People can't figure out how to turn their freaking Zoom off when they feel the need to masturbate? Yikes.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

pjbrownie wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:49 amI can tell you that having experiences DOES NOT GIVE YOU A BONA FIDES from the Lord. You can still be compromised...
And our own ego and perspective can get in the way of correctly interpreting the message being received from an angel or other spiritual/divine being. In fact, until we've reached a certain development of our spiritual senses, it's very likely that we are getting in the way of the experience.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

creator wrote: September 12th, 2022, 10:26 am
pjbrownie wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:49 amI can tell you that having experiences DOES NOT GIVE YOU A BONA FIDES from the Lord. You can still be compromised...
And our own ego and perspective can get in the way of correctly interpreting the message being received from an angel or other spiritual/divine being. In fact, until we've reached a certain development of our spiritual senses, it's very likely that we are getting in the way of the experience.
If the prophet Daniel's experience is anything, often times, one prophet or angel gives an experience or vision, and another has to come and interpret that experience. I'm always wary of people interpreting their own experiences, especially if it means they are something special. I'd much rather have some tell their experience and be curiously dumbstruck about what it means at first.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:09 pm It's an awkward subject to bring up, but some time back I started a long and contentious thread where I asked if anyone could actually cite a scripture stating that masturbation was a sin. Opinions varied quite a bit, and things got hilariously heated in the back and forth, but bottom line, no one could ever cite such a scripture. So even if the accusation is true, not sure how much it matters?
So, just to make sure I understand you correctly, I'm going to restate what you said using your own words. You started a masturbation thread and it was long and heated and there was a lot of back and forth?

Why do you throw me these softball pitches? I'm going to swing every time, lol.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

From what Jacob says, Phil wasn't willing/able to share details about the experiences he had. That right there is a red flag.

Shawn... *face palm* :)

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Shawn Henry wrote: September 12th, 2022, 11:37 am
Redpilled Mormon wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:09 pm It's an awkward subject to bring up, but some time back I started a long and contentious thread where I asked if anyone could actually cite a scripture stating that masturbation was a sin. Opinions varied quite a bit, and things got hilariously heated in the back and forth, but bottom line, no one could ever cite such a scripture. So even if the accusation is true, not sure how much it matters?
So, just to make sure I understand you correctly, I'm going to restate what you said using your own words. You started a masturbation thread and it was long and heated and there was a lot of back and forth?

Why do you throw me these softball pitches? I'm going to swing every time, lol.
Nicely done, Shawn. LOL

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I wonder if the timing on these remarks is coincidental or intentional
Denver wrote: Those who want to declare great things, and make themselves appear to be a source of great light and understanding hardly help anyone. There are no end of people offering themselves up to be admired and followed. Between the mentally unstable, foolish, vain and ambitious sideshows that constantly vie for attention, I’m glad there are people of good cheer trying to make a practical difference in our lives. Dreamers and schemers only benefit by leading the gullible and sign-seekers to depart from us.

A firm mind in every form of godliness is hard to find. But vanity and foolishness advertises itself openly, urging you to notice, clamoring for your attention.
Denver wrote: One fool falls into shame and folly and another rushes to occupy his place.
https://denversnuffer.com/2022/09/septe ... onference/

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

I don't follow Denver but those last quotes from the Sept conference are nice.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

BuriedTartaria wrote: September 18th, 2022, 7:32 pm I wonder if the timing on these remarks is coincidental or intentional
Denver wrote: Those who want to declare great things, and make themselves appear to be a source of great light and understanding hardly help anyone. There are no end of people offering themselves up to be admired and followed. Between the mentally unstable, foolish, vain and ambitious sideshows that constantly vie for attention, I’m glad there are people of good cheer trying to make a practical difference in our lives. Dreamers and schemers only benefit by leading the gullible and sign-seekers to depart from us.

A firm mind in every form of godliness is hard to find. But vanity and foolishness advertises itself openly, urging you to notice, clamoring for your attention.
Denver wrote: One fool falls into shame and folly and another rushes to occupy his place.
https://denversnuffer.com/2022/09/septe ... onference/
I was just wondering that myself.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

pjbrownie wrote: August 18th, 2022, 4:55 pm
solonan wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:35 pm
Lemarque wrote: August 14th, 2022, 2:49 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: August 13th, 2022, 11:52 pm I watched that 1 hour interview Isbell did with Dustin. I hope Dustin and his wife find stability. I empathize and agree with their disillusionment in the daily life of modernity that they touched on, but they have 5 kids (or was it more than that?). Those kids need a steady, consistent roof over their head and structure. Isbell seems like a kind, sincere person. I feel like I just don't understand the Doctrine of Christ group. I was just looking at their website today and on their published reports/paper (not sure what to call them), I see Dustin has written a lot, and I don't see any written by Phil Davis (whom I understand is the head of this group), but I do see some material published by Administrator who may be Phil Davis. After reading parts I was most interested in, I'm now currently reading all of PJ Brownie's paper on remnant groups and I'm sure that will give me a better idea of this group.

I'd love to find something that feels exciting and alive in Mormonism, but from what I've seen, I'm not sure this group is what they proclaim to be. I find them (particularly the head of this group) lacking in compelling substance compared to contemporary groups that are comparable to this but I'm not trying to kick them while they're down
Do you know the difference between thedoctrineofchrist.com and doctrineofchrist.com?

From what I can see looking at them the first one mentions Phil and links to his zoom meetings he does as well as info about the cottage meetings they do. The second one doesn't seem to be officially connected to him.

It's interesting that I didn't see this thread when it first started. I'm pretty active on here and had never heard of Phil that I recall. Then I attended one of the cottage meetings after being invited by a friend from our homeschool group and Phil's name kept coming up, and I kept thinking, "Who is Phil?" Somehow I had missed this entire thread. Lots of interesting information being shared here.

Of course, the early church had plenty of drama around Joseph Smith, but I also get the feeling that this movement is something I'm wanting to get involved with. At least not the core group. The group I met with up in Cache Valley seemed to all be good people that I wouldn't mind associating with more.
They are both the same people. There is truth there but are still talking about Phil Davis. My suggestion to you would be to read pjbrownie's expose on the remnant groups and pray about it. And make sure you get a confirmation loud and clear whatever you do.
So the long and short is that www.doctrineofchrist.com was the original website and it's brainchild was Mark Curtis, who was part of the original DOC but not orthodox. He was tolerant of Phil's ideas and doctrine, but not an adherent. He had his own vision, and facilitated the Phil movement on his website.

Then they parted ways. Phil has been correlating, and those that aren't correlated in the inner circle were not longer welcome. This included Mark as well as others like Justin Griffin. Justin owned the domain.

Because the project was owned by others, Phil and the rest of his inner circle went out and formed www.thedoctrineofchrist.com which is more Phileqsue than the first and includes the idea that you have to baptized with Phil's form of Melchizedek priesthood.

I hear that Phil has also recently lost www.thedoctrineofchrist.com because the guy that owns that . . . has also been kicked out.

For any interested, I've set up a new Facebook page with Justin and others, called https://www.facebook.com/groups/discussdoctrineofchrist, which is nondenominational. We advocate for no sect or group and seek to not disparage any group, including the LDS Church. The focus is on teachings and ideas, not dogma. There are adherents of Phil, Denver, PR (Anonymous), Rob Smith, and others on there. That's okay. We're trying to create a wider remnant net to help people who want a different path but don't necessarily know which way to go. We want to give them options to pursue without advocating for any one movement.

Is there a link to your report on the remnant groups? The one posted earlier on this thread does not work… thanks

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Ebenezer wrote: April 13th, 2022, 1:34 am I don’t have anything to say about Phil Davis (I’ve never heard of him before I read this thread) but on the topic of idolizing other men I think it’s worth noting that the speakers in general conference refer to RMN as “beloved” about every 5 minutes. That term has significant weight in an LDS context and it’s being used deliberately.
"This is my Beloved Son, hear Him..." The Father declared his Son to be beloved. When people use this term to describe the "prophet" they are raising him to the level of the Son.

freespirit123
Hi, I'm new.

Post by freespirit123 »

We must hold wolves in sheep's clothing accountable so the masses can detect them. Please see this video playlist of Phil's Masturb***ion doctrine
https://www.youtube.com/@phildavisexposed/videos

Grassland
captain of 50

Post by Grassland »

Hopefully these two youtube links still work. I just got sent these videos exposing Phil teaching about how it's okay to mastur#ate. The insanity of it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ynscd8yv4&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OoAUWg9BPo&t=4s

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Post by Telavian »

I like a lot of the DoC concepts however never got caught up in the Phil worship.
It is kind of sad that God has to use flawed people like us to do his work. There really seems like there should be a better way.
It is also sad that we can't just trust in God and follow him, but instead we run from one religious leader to the next.

Grassland
captain of 50

Post by Grassland »

Lafferty brothers 2.0?

https://youtu.be/acuJ2hHTGXk

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Telavian wrote: April 13th, 2023, 10:49 am but instead we run from one religious leader to the next.
I feel that part of that is because we're looking for new scripture/new revelation/a legitimate continuation of the latter-day work. If someone had the attitude of "I'm not joining any church. I'm not going to listen to any man. I'm not going to look to any man for direction." with Joseph arriving on the scene and telling people he had been used to help bring forth a new volume of scripture, then such a person would have walked right past Joseph, missing out on the Book of Mormon.

I get the "no leader for me, no church for me" mantra, but look at the scriptures. God is always using mortals to teach other mortals and it's often through mortals that the Lord provides scripture for mankind through. I would add it often seems like it's mortals that are humble and meek. Do any currently on the scene claiming prophet fit that mold?

It's not that easy of a situation, a situation where people are just super eager to join a new church, IMO. I don't think people are necessarily eager to join an LDS 2.0. They expect the Lord to do something and they're trying to find the Lord and sometimes they think they have stumbled on someone who might be being used as an instrument of the Lord

Grassland wrote: May 14th, 2023, 2:55 pm Lafferty brothers 2.0?

Disappointing and concerning. Hopefully this doesn't lead to violence.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 14th, 2023, 4:17 pm
Telavian wrote: April 13th, 2023, 10:49 am but instead we run from one religious leader to the next.
I feel that part of that is because we're looking for new scripture/new revelation/a legitimate continuation of the latter-day work. If someone had the attitude of "I'm not joining any church. I'm not going to listen to any man. I'm not going to look to any man for direction." with Joseph arriving on the scene and telling people he had been used to help bring forth a new volume of scripture, then such a person would have walked right past Joseph, missing out on the Book of Mormon.

I get the "no leader for me, no church for me" mantra, but look at the scriptures. God is always using mortals to teach other mortals and it's often through mortals that the Lord provides scripture for mankind through. I would add it often seems like it's mortals that are humble and meek. Do any currently on the scene claiming prophet fit that mold?

It's not that easy of a situation, a situation where people are just super eager to join a new church, IMO. I don't think people are necessarily eager to join an LDS 2.0. They expect the Lord to do something and they're trying to find the Lord and sometimes they think they have stumbled on someone who might be being used as an instrument of the Lord

What is different npw is the apocalypde. The veils are lifting. Whereas in the past humans needed leaders and middle men to translate the words of god for themz now they will come face to face with the divine themselves.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 14th, 2023, 4:17 pm

Those of us who have been tracking this situation have been concerned that at some point things would become violent. Does anyone here have ties to the 16 people who were sent threatening videos by Jeffery Bartholomew? Does anyone know if there have been any attempts to alert the police?

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

This is all caused from the ridiculous "authority" preaching the LDS church teaches. Their bastardization and twisting of words to mean something they don't in scriptures causes what we have here. People who don't realize their own hearts have deceived them.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

“New masturbation doctrine” made me laugh.

That is scary though!

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Telavian wrote: April 13th, 2023, 10:49 am I like a lot of the DoC concepts however never got caught up in the Phil worship.
It is kind of sad that God has to use flawed people like us to do his work. There really seems like there should be a better way.
It is also sad that we can't just trust in God and follow him, but instead we run from one religious leader to the next.
I think you nailed it here. Why are people looking for mortals to lead them? And going from one to the next when they are disappointed? Christ is the Mediator. He employees no servant at the gate.

Asking for a prophet is like asking for king, it leads to destruction, as warned in the OT. We have elevated the title prophet beyond its true meaning.

Jeremiah 17:5
“Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.”

Isaiah 2:22
“Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?”

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Telavian wrote: April 13th, 2023, 10:49 am I like a lot of the DoC concepts however never got caught up in the Phil worship.
I think you nailed it here. Why are people looking for mortals to lead them? And going from one to the next when they are disappointed? Christ is the Mediator. He employees no servant at the gate.

Asking for a prophet is like asking for king, it leads to destruction, as warned in the OT. We have elevated the title prophet beyond its true meaning.

Jeremiah 17:5
“Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.”

Isaiah 2:22
“Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?”