A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Chris wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:38 pm So Brigham is a sexual predator, but joseph isnt? i guess you probably think Joseph didnt practice plural marriage huh? Well what about Moses, was he a sexual predator? How about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? They all predators too?

You know i am no fool, I have had the 2nd comforter and it was amazing. But it was because of this church that i did and it was real, not some stupid fake experience. I know several apostles and i can tell you they are very aware of what is going on and they are just like Joseph having more experiences and visions then their "meat and drink" As joseph said so well you cant turn against the light and leave this church and think you wont fall into satans power. I have news for you. You cant claim joseph and the savior and deny this church. You leave this church and you loose all 3 and the eternal blessings. Things are about to go down in the next 2 years. If i were you i would do some soul searching and repenting. I am not trying to be a jerk, but i hope you find your way back before it is too late. Because this DOC crap is nuts. You cant pick little pieces and ignore the whole. The Heber c kimball quote about the test is playing out right now. The shots is the test. ( I didnt get one because i was told no ) But the test is can you stick with the church through it all whatever side you are on...... I wish you the best
Yes, Joseph never practiced polygamy. Either that or he was a damned liar and fallen prophet. What is reported in the OT is a world apart from what the LDS org did through Brigham. You should do a little reading on the subject. Check out the references (toward the bottom) on this essay I wrote:

https://www.reluctantwatchman.com/polygamy-adultery

I'm glad you've had some wonderful experiences. I hope that these men you call prophets have as well. But the reality is they also teach many false doctrines and are fulfilling prophecy. They are the blind leading the blind. Isaiah and Jeremiah had much to say about them. The same goes for Nephi and many BoM prophets.

There is one thing the LDS church could do that would make me return, and that would be teach the doctrine as presented in the BoM. It would be that simple. Teach the people that any man on this earth can be wrong and that we are to each be taught by the Holy Ghost. These men you call prophets need to stop telling people they can never lead you astray. They need to stop telling people that we can place our "complete trust" in the arm of flesh. Such a damned lie right there.

They also need to stop supporting globalist agendas and apologize for the sh*t they've done the last two years. What an awful load of horseshit that has been sold as gold to the saints of this church. (EDIT: that last sentence is essentially the modern version of selling the birthright for a mess of potage)
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on July 26th, 2022, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Chris wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:25 pm You clearly are cherry picking your research.
How am I cherry picking by pointing out the other side? It was you who listed favorable things JS said about BY. I simply pointed out that he also said some very unfavorable things about BY. That is balancing the quotes not cherry picking. I encourage all to research all sides. I have seen before almost everything posted here. Have you only looked at one side? Have you read Richard Van Wagoner's Making of a Mormon Myth? What did you think of it?

Also, Joseph saying that BY would lead them to Utah, doesn't make it a favorable thing. He may have been prophesying that this was Lehi's dark and dreary wasteland where we would have to wait out the "little season' while getting "no rain in the vineyard", meaning a noteworthy timeout from the Lord before he gives us more revelation. Yes, we are fulfilling our commission to take the gospel to the world, but we are doing that while simultaneously being in a state of partial apostacy.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

Chris wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:38 pm

So Brigham is a sexual predator, but joseph isnt? i guess you probably think Joseph didnt practice plural marriage huh? Well what about Moses, was he a sexual predator? How about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? They all predators too?
Why are you putting Isaac's name in that group? Maybe you could remind me what the name of Isaac's 2nd wife was... ?

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Shawn Henry wrote: July 26th, 2022, 3:33 pm
IcedKoffee wrote: July 26th, 2022, 3:06 pm I’m not sure if this was the exact moment when “it happened” (Joseph laying his hands on him to confer the fullness of the priesthood) but we were all at a camp retreat when Phil claims to have ascended to the throne room of God. According to him he was brought into the presence of God the Father, Jesus Christ, and Joseph Smith. Afterwards he did indeed say that Joseph placed his hands on him. Whether or not he claims to have received the fullness at that point I can’t say for certain. But I have heard him say on a few occasions that he has received the FOP. Mike Stroud was also a part of our camp retreat. It was like watching a battle of the Gurus!
This seems like a separate event from when he felt the prints is Jesus' hands and feet.

This is a throne theophany event which is typical of an OT calling to be a prophet, but he doesn't claim to be a prophet. Fascinating!

I imagine Phil meeting Stroud to be a disastrous outcome, what was the outcome of that?
“This seems like a separate event from when he felt the prints is Jesus' hands and feet.”

Yes, that event happened much earlier.

“I imagine Phil meeting Stroud to be a disastrous outcome, what was the outcome of that?”

Phil, myself and Mike Stroud we’re all mentored by the same individual. He was there at the retreat as well. Phil is usually well behaved whenever he’s around.

Mike Stroud on the other hand was a bit of a prima donna. He got mad that we were speaking out against the brethren and decided to spend the majority of the time at the retreat by himself. He was gone so long one day that we had to send out a couple of people to search for him to make sure he was ok. We were all kind of taken back by it. A little while after the retreat Phil and I would come across people who were either a part of Strouds group or had been taught by him directly. We were told some wild stories. In my opinion Mike Stroud is more dangerous then Phil. Anyone in his circle of influence should beware.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

IcedKoffee wrote: July 26th, 2022, 6:23 pm
Phil, myself and Mike Stroud we’re all mentored by the same individual. He was there at the retreat as well. Phil is usually well behaved whenever he’s around.

Mike Stroud on the other hand was a bit of a prima donna. He got mad that we were speaking out against the brethren and decided to spend the majority of the time at the retreat by himself. He was gone so long one day that we had to send out a couple of people to search for him to make sure he was ok. We were all kind of taken back by it. A little while after the retreat Phil and I would come across people who were either a part of Strouds group or had been taught by him directly. We were told some wild stories. In my opinion Mike Stroud is more dangerous then Phil. Anyone in his circle of influence should beware.
Mike may have changed his tune a bit. I received a very kind and encouraging email from Mike with regards to the essays I've written. I don't hold back about my feelings on the brethren and how I feel they have strayed doctrinally.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:59 pm
Chris wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:38 pm So Brigham is a sexual predator, but joseph isnt? i guess you probably think Joseph didnt practice plural marriage huh? Well what about Moses, was he a sexual predator? How about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? They all predators too?

You know i am no fool, I have had the 2nd comforter and it was amazing. But it was because of this church that i did and it was real, not some stupid fake experience. I know several apostles and i can tell you they are very aware of what is going on and they are just like Joseph having more experiences and visions then their "meat and drink" As joseph said so well you cant turn against the light and leave this church and think you wont fall into satans power. I have news for you. You cant claim joseph and the savior and deny this church. You leave this church and you loose all 3 and the eternal blessings. Things are about to go down in the next 2 years. If i were you i would do some soul searching and repenting. I am not trying to be a jerk, but i hope you find your way back before it is too late. Because this DOC crap is nuts. You cant pick little pieces and ignore the whole. The Heber c kimball quote about the test is playing out right now. The shots is the test. ( I didnt get one because i was told no ) But the test is can you stick with the church through it all whatever side you are on...... I wish you the best
Yes, Joseph never practiced polygamy. Either that or he was a damned liar and fallen prophet. What is reported in the OT is a world apart from what the LDS org did through Brigham. You should do a little reading on the subject. Check out the references (toward the bottom) on this essay I wrote:

I'm glad you've had some wonderful experiences. I hope that these men you call prophets have as well. But the reality is they also teach many false doctrines and are fulfilling prophecy. They are the blind leading the blind. Isaiah and Jeremiah had much to say about them. The same goes for Nephi and many BoM prophets.

There is one thing the LDS church could do that would make me return, and that would be teach the doctrine as presented in the BoM. It would be that simple. Teach the people that any man on this earth can be wrong and that we are to each be taught by the Holy Ghost. These men you call prophets need to stop telling people they can never lead you astray. They need to stop telling people that we can place our "complete trust" in the arm of flesh. Such a damned lie right there.

They also need to stop supporting globalist agendas and apologize for the sh*t they've done the last two years. What an awful load of horseshit that has been sold as gold to the saints of this church. (EDIT: that last sentence is essentially the modern version of selling the birthright for a mess of potage)
I agree it is frustrating to see the pandering, but if they didnt play nice on some level they would be in like 3 nations preaching the gospel, if that. The mission would have stopped. The Church is Christ church and it is the only stone rolling down the mountain that is fullfilling its late day message. I dont know if you have ever listened to this lecture series, i have and it all has references. There is one on the last charge meeting as he was about to die, i couldnt find on youtube that i highly recommend you listen too. This on is good too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9JFyM ... Ae&index=9

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: July 26th, 2022, 6:57 pm

I agree it is frustrating to see the pandering, but if they didnt play nice on some level they would be in like 3 nations preaching the gospel, if that. The mission would have stopped. The Church is Christ church and it is the only stone rolling down the mountain that is fullfilling its late day message. I dont know if you have ever listened to this lecture series, i have and it all has references. There is one on the last charge meeting as he was about to die, i couldnt find on youtube that i highly recommend you listen too. This on is good too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9JFyM ... Ae&index=9
Yes, I've heard this false philosophy before. "We have to capitulate to world governments in order to spread the gospel."

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 26th, 2022, 7:39 pm
Chris wrote: July 26th, 2022, 6:57 pm

Yes, I've heard this false philosophy before. "We have to capitulate to world governments in order to spread the gospel."
Remember when Abinadai was all like "hey man, we gotta bow down to King Noah, otherwise the gospel won't go forward, 'cause obviously there's no way God could ever overcome an awesomely powerful dude like King Noah, right?" Oh wait...

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

People worship the church and the relationship they have with the church. Their testimony is of the church, and they wear out their lives on the hamster-wheel of the church path. Without the church, they say, we are lost and don’t have the truth.This is the testimony I hear ad nauseam every Sunday.

People ought to seek, obtain, and then bear witness of their living relationship they have with Christ and of the deliverance and healing and the Truth and salvation He gifted them. Then wear out their lives sharing with others what it’s like to have Jesus take his throne upon their hearts, enrapture them with his love, and what it’s like to taste of that which is sweet above all that is sweet - the sweet nectar of Jesus’ all consuming love. This, unfortunately, is a witness I never see born at our pulpits.
Last edited by cab on July 29th, 2022, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Have you all noticed that when someone has their previous life identity revealed to them, they totally get an upgrade?

Julie Rowe becomes Joan of Ark.
Chad Daybell becomes Cpt Moroni.
Phil Davis becomes Lyman Wight.

If I should claim a previous life to you, make sure I say I was some random idiot who amounted to little, that way you'll believe me, lol.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Anybody else question what Joseph, according to Phil, has been doing since he was commissioned at Adam-ondi-Ahman in 2017 for the last 5-6 years?

I guess Phil would say the Lord is simply preparing him, right? Or did he translate a boatload of scripture and he is waiting to hit upload.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I guess there was a significant rift in the DoC group. Lots of rumors going around. I guess Dustin Smith was exiled from the group. He was one of the original people who started the group. Something about going w/o purse or script and Phil said it wasn’t time yet. Phil essentially banned Dustin from all social platforms related to DoC and then told all of the members they shouldn’t talk about it any more. This is essentially their form of excommunication.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 7th, 2022, 7:31 am I guess there was a significant rift in the DoC group. Lots of rumors going around. I guess Dustin Smith was exiled from the group. He was one of the original people who started the group. Something about going w/o purse or script and Phil said it wasn’t time yet. Phil essentially banned Dustin from all social platforms related to DoC and then told all of the members they shouldn’t talk about it any more. This is essentially their form of excommunication.
One of my biggest regrets was introducing Dustin and his wife to Phil Davis and bringing him in to the school of the prophet’s. I don’t know all of the particulars about what is going on but from what I hear Dustin is asking for donations to support him and his family because he refuses to get a job. I don’t know if this is true but if it is I find it to be absolutely disgusting. He should be focusing on providing for his family instead of living in this delusion that he has created in his mind. Dustin is the type of person who will destroy his family because he erroneously believe’s that he has been called of God. Where have we heard this before????

Anyone still supporting Dustin should be ashamed of themselves. Almost everyone that has fallen away from Phil and now Dustin believes that they are both somewhere on the autism spectrum. I’m sorry to sound so blunt but things are spinning out of control.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

IcedKoffee wrote: August 7th, 2022, 10:31 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 7th, 2022, 7:31 am I guess there was a significant rift in the DoC group. Lots of rumors going around. I guess Dustin Smith was exiled from the group. He was one of the original people who started the group. Something about going w/o purse or script and Phil said it wasn’t time yet. Phil essentially banned Dustin from all social platforms related to DoC and then told all of the members they shouldn’t talk about it any more. This is essentially their form of excommunication.
One of my biggest regrets was introducing Dustin and his wife to Phil Davis and bringing him in to the school of the prophet’s. I don’t know all of the particulars about what is going on but from what I hear Dustin is asking for donations to support him and his family because he refuses to get a job. I don’t know if this is true but if it is I find it to be absolutely disgusting. He should be focusing on providing for his family instead of living in this delusion that he has created in his mind. Dustin is the type of person who will destroy his family because he erroneously believe’s that he has been called of God. Where have we heard this before????

Anyone still supporting Dustin should be ashamed of themselves. Almost everyone that has fallen away from Phil and now Dustin believes that they are both somewhere on the autism spectrum. I’m sorry to sound so blunt but things are spinning out of control.
1 Tim 5:8 7Give these instructions to the believers, so that they will be above reproach. 8 If anyone does not provide for his own, and especially his own household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

In reality it is the curse of self-righteousness. One who does thst are doing because they believe they must do to be righteous. Yet one in this instance can only do if they realize their righteousness comes from God and not man.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

John Tavner wrote: August 7th, 2022, 11:47 am

1 Tim 5:8 7Give these instructions to the believers, so that they will be above reproach. 8 If anyone does not provide for his own, and especially his own household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

In reality it is the curse of self-righteousness. One who does thst are doing because they believe they must do to be righteous. Yet one in this instance can only do if they realize their righteousness comes from God and not man.
Well said!!!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

There are aspects to BOTH parties that I don’t agree with. Phil called out Dustin’s actions as “priestcraft.” What Dustin is doing isn’t even close to that. How Phil brought about all of this is weird as well. And the fact that on their Telegram group Phil has shut down any further discussion, and anyone who questions is silenced, should be a big read flag. In reality, they sound a lot like the LDS church.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:14 pm

There are aspects to BOTH parties that I don’t agree with. Phil called out Dustin’s actions as “priestcraft.” What Dustin is doing isn’t even close to that. How Phil brought about all of this is weird as well. And the fact that on their Telegram group Phil has shut down any further discussion, and anyone who questions is silenced, should be a big read flag. In reality, they sound a lot like the LDS church.
What a mess!!!!

And this all lands directly on Phil’s shoulders. In the beginning when we were helping people to break free from the arm of flesh and go to God for themselves it was beautiful. But then slowly by slowly Phil started revealing his true colors. It quickly became his way or the highway. The only way to know for certain if you had an experience with God was to run it by Phil to make sure he approved. If it didn’t match his criteria then it didn’t happen. So much for letting people go to God for themselves.
He’s quick to call people a false prophet for doing exactly what he’s doing now.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I love you all, yet I don’t trust you all.
Like masks worn outside say a lot, so do supporting insane herd mentalities like this.

It’s like we were dating the church, until the church cheated on us, & rather than take time to heal & consider how we need to grow to avoid falling for that again, some jump into the next relationship to fill the void.

Might have to imagine changing some words (like rather than ex/guy…imagine “church”), but the following advice might apply:

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I think I've learned some truth from stuff taught in Doctrine of Christ's group but I never was close to being hopeful or moderately on the cautiously optimistic side that their main message was true. It looks like the group is losing a handle on any sense of becoming a force that is here to stay and feel relevant (maybe the situation will change). This is an example why independent Mormons (believers in the Book of Mormon not entirely aligned to any specific group) are likely to largely stay independent for the time being. You're dealing with a cautious and skeptic group who often come from the LDS church and withdrew from it due to feeling dissatisfaction in the truth claims there. It will likely take something special to make them commit in full to a break off group.

I'm not dog-piling on the Phil Davis/DoC group. I'm not cheering for their failure or success. I just find the situation fascinating

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

solonan wrote: August 11th, 2022, 2:57 pm Dustin rebuttal

https://youtu.be/3Kl7UUmKUh0
It’s hard to take Dustin and Marin seriously when they say they don’t “ask” people for money. I’ve personally witnessed them place their children in a compromising situation. Shortly before I left the group Dustin asked many of us from the school if we could help him move. This was maybe 5 years ago. We get there to help and to our surprise almost nothing was packed. We thought “a little annoying but no big deal”. Fast forward > we’ve now got everything packed and loaded on the back of a moving truck. We then ask Dustin, where are we taking everything? As in, where’s the new home where you and your family will be moving to? He gave us a weird look and told us “I don’t know, the Lord hasn’t told me yet. We all turned and looked at each other extremely confused. We then began to ask him if there was any family who might be willing to take them in. We thought about his mother but she was very distraught over this new path that Dustin and Marin were taking themselves and their children down. I’ve personally been yelled at by her so I knew he wasn’t lying.

So now we’re all standing there trying to figure out what to do with this man, his wife, young daughters, and a new baby. What started out as a simple move turned into a situation where we were all now scrambling trying to figure out how to keep this young family from having to sleep on the streets tonight. Almost none of us had the kind of space that could accommodate a family of that size. In Dustin’s mind he was being this super faithful servant who was willing to do anything to prove his dedication to the gospel. Not realizing that he was now forcing everyone else into a situation that we never signed up for.

What decent human being would ever drop a family with a baby off on the curb and wave goodbye without trying to at least do something? This isn’t Dustin being a faithful
servant. This is Dustin taking advantage of the good intentioned people around him. Kind of like saying “feed me, or watch me force myself to starve to death”!

He also wasn’t working then either. That’s when he got it in his mind that he wanted to proselytize full time like Phil and I were. What he didn’t realize was that Phil and I were both let go from our jobs within a week and a half of each other. Phil was getting paid from a pension that he secured years before any of us had ever met him, and I was living off of a severance package. So we had all the time in the world to visit with people day and night. Dustin was very Intrigued by this lifestyle and it was obvious that he wanted to do the same. He attended almost every meeting and was usually one of the last people to leave. He would leave whenever Phil left which could be anywhere from 12am to 6am. He had heard both of what Phil and I had to share several times over. He probably had it memorized at this point so it became very apparent that he was there just to hang out.

My point in all of this is that Dustin wasn’t chosen by God to go without purse or script. This is the life he has chosen for himself. I know 4 others from the older school can confirm this. We still talk about how crazy that day was.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

IcedKoffee wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:56 am
solonan wrote: August 11th, 2022, 2:57 pm Dustin rebuttal

https://youtu.be/3Kl7UUmKUh0
It’s hard to take Dustin and Marin seriously when they say they don’t “ask” people for money. I’ve personally witnessed them place their children in a compromising situation. Shortly before I left the group Dustin asked many of us from the school if we could help him move. This was maybe 5 years ago. We get there to help and to our surprise almost nothing was packed. We thought “a little annoying but no big deal”. Fast forward > we’ve now got everything packed and loaded on the back of a moving truck. We then ask Dustin, where are we taking everything? As in, where’s the new home where you and your family will be moving to? He gave us a weird look and told us “I don’t know, the Lord hasn’t told me yet. We all turned and looked at each other extremely confused. We then began to ask him if there was any family who might be willing to take them in. We thought about his mother but she was very distraught over this new path that Dustin and Marin were taking themselves and their children down. I’ve personally been yelled at by her so I knew he wasn’t lying.

So now we’re all standing there trying to figure out what to do with this man, his wife, young daughters, and a new baby. What started out as a simple move turned into a situation where we were all now scrambling trying to figure out how to keep this young family from having to sleep on the streets tonight. Almost none of us had the kind of space that could accommodate a family of that size. In Dustin’s mind he was being this super faithful servant who was willing to do anything to prove his dedication to the gospel. Not realizing that he was now forcing everyone else into a situation that we never signed up for.

What decent human being would ever drop a family with a baby off on the curb and wave goodbye without trying to at least do something? This isn’t Dustin being a faithful
servant. This is Dustin taking advantage of the good intentioned people around him. Kind of like saying “feed me, or watch me force myself to starve to death”!

He also wasn’t working then either. That’s when he got it in his mind that he wanted to proselytize full time like Phil and I were. What he didn’t realize was that Phil and I were both let go from our jobs within a week and a half of each other. Phil was getting paid from a pension that he secured years before any of us had ever met him, and I was living off of a severance package. So we had all the time in the world to visit with people day and night. Dustin was very Intrigued by this lifestyle and it was obvious that he wanted to do the same. He attended almost every meeting and was usually one of the last people to leave. He would leave whenever Phil left which could be anywhere from 12am to 6am. He had heard both of what Phil and I had to share several times over. He probably had it memorized at this point so it became very apparent that he was there just to hang out.

My point in all of this is that Dustin wasn’t chosen by God to go without purse or script. This is the life he has chosen for himself. I know 4 others from the older school can confirm this. We still talk about how crazy that day was.
Wow…!

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

Basically they are sell the birthright for more stock. But you make a good point.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

mtmom wrote: August 12th, 2022, 9:00 am Basically they are sell the birthright for more stock. But you make a good point.
Which "stock" is essentially worse than a mess of potage. At least potage gives some nutrients. What the church is doing today is quite heinous.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

My goodness. I have never experienced Dustin in this way. I am not not part of the Doc group and never have been. I used to read their FB page and listen to their Zoom meetings a couple plus years ago. I have talked to Dustin on the phone but I have never experienced him like you have Icedkoffee.