For Arizona Residents

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

For Arizona Residents

Post by lundbaek »

A good election integrity bill, HB2289, has passed the Arizona House of Representatives.

Republican Senators Boyer, Shope, Pace and Ugenti-Rita are currently standing in the way of the bill passing in the state senate.

Please call, or at least email them ASAP and insist that they support this bill, HB2289.

And do the same to your state senator, even if a democrat.

To find your state legislators, go to:

https://www.commoncause.org/find-your-r ... tive/addr/#

Find Your Representatives - Common Cause
Volunteer. Join the thousands across the country who instantly rally when there is a threat to our democracy.
www.commoncause.org

If the Arizona State Legislature enacts HB 2289, it would be one of the strongest election-integrity laws in the country. Tell your state representatives and senators to promptly enact this bill without watering it down!

House Bill 2289 (HB 2289) is a relatively long and detailed bill in its current form, but it closely follows The John Birch Society’s election-integrity recommendations — if enacted, it would be a huge step in the right direction.

For example, the HB 2289 would:

Require that only paper ballots be used;
require that they be tabulated by hand within 24 hours of polls closing;
end early, mail-in, and most absentee voting;
enact strong voter ID safeguards;
reinstate precinct voting, rather than at large, centralized voting facilities; and
expressly prohibit mask or vaccine mandates to vote.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Re: For Arizona Residents

Post by Wolfwoman »

I sent an email to them all a couple of weeks ago and I just sent another email. Thanks!

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

There is an irony that the original idea of things like mail in voting and advance voting were promoted by the Republicans to aid senior citizens to be able to vote. Such voters were viewed as being more likely that not to vote Republican.

Times, it would seem have changed.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Absentee voting and early mail-in voting have in past enabled me to vote from overseas.

It appears that people involved in vote fraud in Arizona in 2020 have been identified, but will likely skate.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

lundbaek wrote: April 8th, 2022, 1:36 pm Absentee voting and early mail-in voting have in past enabled me to vote from overseas.

It appears that people involved in vote fraud in Arizona in 2020 have been identified, but will likely skate.
I'm thinking of donating to State Sen. Wendy Rogers in her re-election bid. Do you recommend this? She is apparently a spear head in trying to produce legislative action in recognizing and moving on the forensic audit of the massive election fraud in Maricopa County.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

lundbaek wrote: April 8th, 2022, 1:36 pm Absentee voting and early mail-in voting have in past enabled me to vote from overseas.

As long as strict rules are in place absentee voting isn't a problem. Rules:
1) Strict voter identification to request a ballot + a legitimate reason (work, out-of-country, etc.). Voter ID in form of picture ID; notarized signature for request.
2) Strict intake rules. No drop-boxes, must send ballot to specific address.
3) Strict unwrapping rules. 2 envelopes; outer envelope with voter information signature. This is kept, stored and verified signature against request signature and signature on file. Inner envelope is not opened or separated until outer envelope is verified. Inner envelope holds ballot; ballots are also tagged and id'd.

It's not hard; the system has holes in it because those who made the laws don't want the holes plugged.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

larsenb wrote: April 8th, 2022, 3:07 pm

I'm thinking of donating to State Sen. Wendy Rogers in her re-election bid. Do you recommend this? She is apparently a spear head in trying to produce legislative action in recognizing and moving on the forensic audit of the massive election fraud in Maricopa County.
I would.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

larsenb wrote: April 8th, 2022, 3:07 pm

I greatly appreciate Wendy Rogers' efforts Re. election fraud, but I do not agree with some of her political persuasions.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I and a few others have been enjoying participating in a small bi-weekly class, best described as a Constitution Study Group, that meets every other Tuesday evening, 6:30-8:00 at the LDS church building at 616 South Extension Rd. in Mesa. We not only study the United States Constitution, but also enjoy lively discussions about current events, local and national. Our instructor is Rick Dalton, retired from the Mesa P.D., and more recently as teacher of U.S. History and Government at the Heritage Academy in Mesa. He is also a field instructor for the National Center for Constitutional Studies, (NCCS).

Your participation would be most welcome. We'd love to have you join us. The building we meet in is adjacent to the North side of Kleinman Park, and entrance to the class is on the South side of the building, thru the smaller of the two doors facing the park. A study guide/workbook is available for this class.

Our next class will be the evening of 4 April. If so inclined, please feel free to call or email me at 480-497-1271

Ralph Hughes

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

If you can get your hands on it, there's a great book out there called The Essential Bill of Rights, by Gordon and Margie Lloyd.

It's all the primary source documents that led up to and were used by the Founding Fathers.

Not much commentary, which I like.

Good luck... wish I was there in AZ so I could join you!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

lundbaek wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 8:45 pm I and a few others have been enjoying participating in a small bi-weekly class, best described as a Constitution Study Group, that meets every other Tuesday evening, 6:30-8:00 at the LDS church building at 616 South Extension Rd. in Mesa. We not only study the United States Constitution, but also enjoy lively discussions about current events, local and national. Our instructor is Rick Dalton, retired from the Mesa P.D., and more recently as teacher of U.S. History and Government at the Heritage Academy in Mesa. He is also a field instructor for the National Center for Constitutional Studies, (NCCS).

Your participation would be most welcome. We'd love to have you join us. The building we meet in is adjacent to the North side of Kleinman Park, and entrance to the class is on the South side of the building, thru the smaller of the two doors facing the park. A study guide/workbook is available for this class.

Our next class will be the evening of 4 April. If so inclined, please feel free to call or email me at 480-497-1271

Ralph Hughes
This week's class has been cancelled.
WE WILL MEET AGAIN ONTUESDAY APRIL 18

Ralph

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Is there any interest in a get-together for lunch or whatever in the Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, Apache Junction, Scottsdale area?

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

lundbaek wrote: April 7th, 2022, 11:22 am A good election integrity bill, HB2289, has passed the Arizona House of Representatives.

Republican Senators Boyer, Shope, Pace and Ugenti-Rita are currently standing in the way of the bill passing in the state senate.

Please call, or at least email them ASAP and insist that they support this bill, HB2289.

And do the same to your state senator, even if a democrat.

To find your state legislators, go to:

https://www.commoncause.org/find-your-r ... tive/addr/#

Find Your Representatives - Common Cause
Volunteer. Join the thousands across the country who instantly rally when there is a threat to our democracy.
www.commoncause.org

If the Arizona State Legislature enacts HB 2289, it would be one of the strongest election-integrity laws in the country. Tell your state representatives and senators to promptly enact this bill without watering it down!

House Bill 2289 (HB 2289) is a relatively long and detailed bill in its current form, but it closely follows The John Birch Society’s election-integrity recommendations — if enacted, it would be a huge step in the right direction.

For example, the HB 2289 would:

Require that only paper ballots be used;
require that they be tabulated by hand within 24 hours of polls closing;
end early, mail-in, and most absentee voting;
enact strong voter ID safeguards;
reinstate precinct voting, rather than at large, centralized voting facilities; and
expressly prohibit mask or vaccine mandates to vote.
I'm in Missouri, but I sincerely hope this bill passes in AZ!!

(BUt, wouldn't Gov. Hobbs veto it, if it passed?)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I believe Hobbs would veto such a bill, and I don't think her veto could be overridden by a 2/3 vote or any other action. To me, Hobbs seems hell-bent on ruining Arizona. Sadly, most voters don't seem to care enough to do anything about it.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

lundbaek wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 10:58 am I believe Hobbs would veto such a bill, and I don't think her veto could be overridden by a 2/3 vote or any other action. To me, Hobbs seems hell-bent on ruining Arizona. Sadly, most voters don't seem to care enough to do anything about it.
"These are actually good bills that outlaw this nasty stuff. Unfortunately, our make-believe governor Hobbs is vetoing all of the ones that pass." (From one of our state senators)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

AZ Congressman Andy Biggs i scheduled to speak this coming Thursday evening, 3 August 2023, at the United Patriots of AZ event, 7:00 - 8:30 pm at the Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Avenue. No topic given so far. He is chairman of the House Freedom Caucus, co-chair of the Border Security Caucus, co-chair of the War Powers Caucus, and Chief Regulatory Reform Officer of the Western Caucus.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Have any of you in Arizona heard any mention recently or as of yet in your ward of promotion of the U.S. Constitution on Sunday, 17 September, which is the 236th anniversary of the signing of he Constitution?

Our stake president told me "That is a nice idea. We will have Stake Conference that day so it will look a little different than what you have proposed but I think we can do something about the constitution and religious freedom."

A few of my acquaintances here in Arizona have approached their bishops about doing or saying something, but most declined the suggestion.