$600 Silver Price Movement is Closer Than You Think!!! - Andy Schectman | Silver Price Prediction!!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Ontario
captain of 100

Re: $600 Silver Price Movement is Closer Than You Think!!! - Andy Schectman | Silver Price Prediction!!

Post by Ontario »

You bought gold and silver betting on inflation. You bet right. But you haven’t seen a big move up in metals — at least not yet.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: $600 Silver Price Movement is Closer Than You Think!!! - Andy Schectman | Silver Price Prediction!!

Post by Original_Intent »

Ontario wrote: June 1st, 2022, 7:25 pm
Original_Intent wrote: June 1st, 2022, 10:52 am
Jason wrote: May 13th, 2022, 10:00 pm Gold had nice drop…silver down $6 in 24 days…bitcoin took 30% drop in 30 days…just the beginning…
I'm feeling the deflation vibe this time. But truth is they can go either way, and the only sure thing is it will be to their benefit and to the majority of Americans' financial pain. It will be a massive wealth transfer either way.

Deflation is a fine way to wipe out 401(k)s and home ATMs. I think this is the likely route as they will force massive foreclosures and BlackRock and others will buy up RE for pennies on the dollar. Also, insiders will sell at the top of the stock market and then buy back in after they crash it. The problem is, interest rates will go up, and the national debt will quickly go from "difficult to pay" to "impossible". So, if they go this route, "they" plan on either defaulting on the debt, or war, or both.

Inflation will continue to blow the everything bubbles bigger. Keeps the national debt affordable with ever-more-worthless dollars. People will still be feeling the wealth effect of their homes (if they have one) and retirement investments, but of course there will be civil unrest due to higher prices that many simply won't be able to afford to live. And of course, rather than fighting the real cause of the problem, it will be redirected to class warfare as usual. The wealth transfer will be via the inflation tax. I think this is less likely mostly because the media is talking up inflation and the masses will be most prepared for this - head fake imho.

See Glen? I am not a perma-bull, lol!
Reducing tariffs won't lower inflation. While lower tariffs will initially lower the price consumers pay for items subject to tariff, the government will make up the lost revenue by running larger deficits, which the Fed will monetize. This ultimately leads to higher inflation!
Weird. I think you are responding to someone else?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Ontario wrote: June 1st, 2022, 7:27 pm You bought gold and silver betting on inflation. You bet right. But you haven’t seen a big move up in metals — at least not yet.

So...Peter Schiff sells gold. So he has an agenda to get people to buy gold (and silver).

Don't get me wrong, I like Peter, and I think his understanding of what SHOULD happen is excellent. That said, he has been saying virtually the same thing for over 20 years. Eventually he will be right, and he will be right in spades BUT timing is much more important than predicting something for 20+ years and then bragging about it when you are finally correct.

Thing is, I do think that Gold and to a bigger extent silver is on sale right now. I think inflation the price of both goes up, and probably huge. But what will a loaf of bread cost at $100 silver?

The same holds true if they go big deflation. You might have $10 gold but also $2 gas and $1 bread. NOMINALLY precious metals don't do well in this scenario, but I think in real buying power, PMs are going to do well in either scenario. Which in most cases would not make sense, but it is because I agree with Peter that PMs are extremely undervalued right now. Most other commodities, stocks, bonds, Real Estate - everything is so overpriced, and I believe strongly, like Peter, that the metals will have their day. If you are willing to buy and hold for maybe another twenty years, you'll probably do fine. And it MIGHT be that the time is imminent, but honestly I can find you video of Peter saying "within the next year, $50 silver!" from 10 or more years ago.

Here is a 2012 blog on SchiffGold (still posted? embarrassing much? predicting $50 silver in 2013. https://blog.europacmetals.com/2012/12/ ... nbc-video/

Again, I think he is right on the fundamentals, but he's like a broken clock that is right only twice in 30 years (but right in a BIG way when it finally happens.)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote: May 13th, 2022, 10:00 pm Gold had nice drop…silver down $6 in 24 days…bitcoin took 30% drop in 30 days…just the beginning…
I'm feeling the deflation vibe this time. But truth is they can go either way, and the only sure thing is it will be to their benefit and to the majority of Americans' financial pain. It will be a massive wealth transfer either way.

Deflation is a fine way to wipe out 401(k)s and home ATMs. I think this is the likely route as they will force massive foreclosures and BlackRock and others will buy up RE for pennies on the dollar. Also, insiders will sell at the top of the stock market and then buy back in after they crash it. The problem is, interest rates will go up, and the national debt will quickly go from "difficult to pay" to "impossible". So, if they go this route, "they" plan on either defaulting on the debt, or war, or both.

Inflation will continue to blow the everything bubbles bigger. Keeps the national debt affordable with ever-more-worthless dollars. People will still be feeling the wealth effect of their homes (if they have one) and retirement investments, but of course there will be civil unrest due to higher prices that many simply won't be able to afford to live. And of course, rather than fighting the real cause of the problem, it will be redirected to class warfare as usual. The wealth transfer will be via the inflation tax. I think this is less likely mostly because the media is talking up inflation and the masses will be most prepared for this - head fake imho.

...yeah speaking of planning...Covid was planned...which leads me to believe the lock downs and stimulus was planned...which supported demand whilst production went through a period of destruction (direct payments, PPP loans to keep payrolls going, tax rebates, etc)...a combination of monetary and supply (lack of) driven inflation...surely they would know the end result...not even touching upon things like doubling down on tariffs like lumber from Canada...shipping nat gas to Europe...raising shipping rates 10X...etc etc etc...

...then as the inflation ramps up (which they knew was coming because they created the drivers for it)...the Fed comes to the rescue raising interest rates (cost of debt) just as the stimulus dries up and goes away...not to mention the end of the housing ATM machine...1/2% increase in rates cripple housing within a year...let alone a 2% bump...

...starting a war where they raise commodity prices some more whilst they ship all of America's resources (strategic petroleum reserve to strategic weapons supplies) to Europe (and strategic food supplies to 3rd world countries)...cost of diesel doubling...see many electric trucks on the road? electric tractors in the field? ...it's anticipated that food prices will double between now and October...whilst the folks behind the Biden puppet are shutting down the industry that produces the diesel...

...surely they would know the end result of that...

...in the meantime they are ramping up every divisive topic (leaks? got ocean front property in South Dakota for sale)...from immigration to war to abortion to gun control to Demorat/Repubtard politics...

...last couple of months credit card usage has broken all time records...how long will that hold out? Banks cut folks off in 2 months? 3 months? or can it go longer? Once the credit card is cut off...spending really goes down and the spiral goes into hyper-drive....layoffs multiply in multiples by the week...

...which is what exactly? if you guessed rapid economic and social collapse...you win the cherry on the ice cream cone! Wages aren't skyrocketing unless you are on the bottom of the heap...and the squeeze is on for the middle class and small business owners...rising costs, shrinking income....yeah that mix won't end well...and the change is occurring very rapidly in economic time frames...should be a very different world to live in within 6 months...

...people screaming for pay raises today that in just a couple of months will be lucky if they still have a job...and if not...begging for whatever they can get...UBI will be a big one by mid-terms...

...do you know a National Lab that still manufactures weapons? Last I knew it was down to Los Alamos...and they basically quit a few years back. Most of the folks still around have been on the gravy train so long they don't have a fog of an idea what work is. There aren't many "experts" with any real experience left. The last dude at NASA that knew how to weld died of Covid last year. The war machine is telling Congress they won't be spooled up until next year at the earliest...meanwhile they are getting paid by Congress (bumped Biden's Ukraine amount) to send all their old inventory to Europe...

...see the Marines support for LB bla bla pride this month? The Devildogs became neutered devilpups and now are either the tampon squad or the wanna be tampon squad...

Think that is by accident???

How many folks do you know that have lots of discretionary income???

Know anyone who grows all of their own food???

Know anyone in good enough physical shape to physically fight for a day???

This is much much bigger than just a wealth transfer....that in reality happened some time ago...now the people have become a liability rather than an asset...time to get down to a servant population like the Georgia Guidestones laid out awhile back...

We have the great fortune of knowing the diggers will fill the pit they have/are digging....but that means a power vacuum and chaos as the wicked come unleashed...not to mention the purple spot aspect...

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Jason wrote: June 1st, 2022, 11:05 pm
...yeah speaking of planning...Covid was planned...which leads me to believe the lock downs and stimulus was planned...which supported demand whilst production went through a period of destruction (direct payments, PPP loans to keep payrolls going, tax rebates, etc)...a combination of monetary and supply (lack of) driven inflation...surely they would know the end result...not even touching upon things like doubling down on tariffs like lumber from Canada...shipping nat gas to Europe...raising shipping rates 10X...etc etc etc...

...then as the inflation ramps up (which they knew was coming because they created the drivers for it)...the Fed comes to the rescue raising interest rates (cost of debt) just as the stimulus dries up and goes away...not to mention the end of the housing ATM machine...1/2% increase in rates cripple housing within a year...let alone a 2% bump...

...starting a war where they raise commodity prices some more whilst they ship all of America's resources (strategic petroleum reserve to strategic weapons supplies) to Europe (and strategic food supplies to 3rd world countries)...cost of diesel doubling...see many electric trucks on the road? electric tractors in the field? ...it's anticipated that food prices will double between now and October...whilst the folks behind the Biden puppet are shutting down the industry that produces the diesel...

...in the meantime they are ramping up every divisive topic (leaks? got ocean front property in South Dakota for sale)...from immigration to war to abortion to gun control to Demorat/Repubtard politics...

...last couple of months credit card usage has broken all time records...how long will that hold out? Banks cut folks off in 2 months? 3 months? or can it go longer? Once the credit card is cut off...spending really goes down and the spiral goes into hyper-drive....layoffs multiply in multiples by the week...

...which is what exactly? if you guessed rapid economic and social collapse...you win the cherry on the ice cream cone! Wages aren't skyrocketing unless you are on the bottom of the heap...and the squeeze is on for the middle class and small business owners...rising costs, shrinking income....yeah that mix won't end well...and the change is occurring very rapidly in economic time frames...should be a very different world to live in within 6 months...

...people screaming for pay raises today that in just a couple of months will be lucky if they still have a job...and if not...begging for whatever they can get...UBI will be a big one by mid-terms...

...do you know a National Lab that still manufactures weapons? Last I knew it was down to Los Alamos...and they basically quit a few years back. Most of the folks still around have been on the gravy train so long they don't have a fog of an idea what work is. There aren't many "experts" with any real experience left. The last dude at NASA that knew how to weld died of Covid last year. The war machine is telling Congress they won't be spooled up until next year at the earliest...meanwhile they are getting paid by Congress (bumped Biden's Ukraine amount) to send all their old inventory to Europe...

...see the Marines support for LB bla bla pride this month? The Devildogs became neutered devilpups and now are either the tampon squad or the wanna be tampon squad...

This is much much bigger than just a wealth transfer....that in reality happened some time ago...now the people have become a liability rather than an asset...time to get down to a servant population like the Georgia Guidestones laid out awhile back...

We have the great fortune of knowing the diggers will fill the pit they have/are digging....but that means a power vacuum and chaos as the wicked come unleashed...not to mention the purple spot aspect...
Gloom and Doom, but an accurate analysis. Many are waking up, but for most their efforts will fall short due to doubts. People who are beginning to see the picture have told me that they are reluctant to buy extra food because it is so expensive. They cannot fathom the concept of empty shelves.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Jason wrote: June 1st, 2022, 11:05 pm

Wow. Most of all of this by November, they're saying??? Food doubling? That's gonna hurt more than people think.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Original_Intent wrote: June 1st, 2022, 8:50 pm Weird. I think you are responding to someone else?
The AI is trying to level up. :D

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

ZeroHedge Reads
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-06-04/how-gold..

How Gold Can Jump $500/Oz. In Days, If Not Hours
quoth the raven's Photo
by quoth the raven
Saturday, Jun 04, 2022 - 7:35

Next week I’ll be returning from a semi-short break that I took this week from the blog, though I did pen one piece this week (and recorded a podcast that will be released at some point next week).

This week I wrote about how student loan forgiveness is not only terrible economic policy, but also terrible political strategy.

For once, I actually agree with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on something: Biden’s attempt to lure voters in with a $10,000 freebie is just plain pathetic.

Simply put, the idea of increasing spending right now, while the country is arguably in the worst financial shape it has ever been in, is simply unconscionable.

You can read my full thoughts on that piece here: The Sheer Stupidity Of Student Loan Forgiveness While Inflation Rages Out Of Control

Also, in anticipation of a piece I am working on for next week, you should give a read to when I think gold is going to jump $500/oz. in a matter of days, if not hours: Gold Could Spike By $500 When This One Event Happens

We are also still continuing to discuss what signs of a market bottom my readers are looking for. When will the Fed put kick back in? Leave your comments here.

Finally, you’re looking for some humor while you’re enjoying your summer weekend, you can watch Peter Schiff mercilessly ground Ross Gerber into a pulp during an argument about inflation here: "You Are Living In A Fantasy Land!": Peter Schiff Eviscerates Ross Gerber In Debate Over Inflation

Crypto also remains volatile, with Solana experiencing the same “growing pains” that many other altcoins are feeling as the Fed continues to put pressure on risk assets.

As I noted days ago, a reminder of Luna's total loss will "drag on" forever for Mike Novogratz. It should also serve as a crisp reminder to everyone else that blind conviction doesn't equate to investing acumen: The Guy With The Drag On Tattoo

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

PMs don't have to have crazy valuation spikes to be worthwhile, they just have to beat inflation. Leaving your money sitting in a bank is like watching sand sliding down an hourglass, eventually it empties and time's up.

I do think PMs will have some really nice gains once the system breaks down to a point where it can no longer be manipulated. Beyond that, who knows. So many people have made crazy value predictions about PMs, none have been right. Buy for the right reasons without crazy expectations and you'll be OK. You won't get rich buying PMs, but it may help you not be poor.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Price of non-essentials dropping…even hot stuff like guns &ammo…

…silver and gold much the same…silver is back where it was 6 months ago…and don’t even go to the year mark…

…black rifles are touching precovid prices…shelves are filling up with ammo…sales are starting…

…system breaks down…PMs will be worthless…food and ability to protect food!

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

Jason wrote: June 7th, 2022, 10:52 pm Price of non-essentials dropping…even hot stuff like guns &ammo…

…silver and gold much the same…silver is back where it was 6 months ago…and don’t even go to the year mark…

…black rifles are touching precovid prices…shelves are filling up with ammo…sales are starting…

Investors facing these macro warnings and shark fins need a bigger boat.

Needless to say, the view lies partially in gold, which detractors will attribute to sell-side bias rather than informed conviction, private common sense, or a basic understanding of math or history.

As I have
warned for years, all fraudulent banking, currency and market systems eventually collapse under their own weight.

This slow collapse is already in play, as the NASDAQ, S&P, TLT and even Muni bonds have all seen near 20% losses thus far into 2022.

Meanwhile, us boring gold investors are having to defend the only primary asset category that has kept its nose above the water level this year; we are constantly asked why gold is not ripping when in fact it has already done a noble job of not tanking

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Jason wrote: June 7th, 2022, 10:52 pm …black rifles are touching precovid prices…shelves are filling up with ammo…sales are starting…
Unless you live in Canada ;)
Jason wrote: June 7th, 2022, 10:52 pm …system breaks down…PMs will be worthless…food and ability to protect food!
I do agree there will come a time when this is true. Nevertheless, there is a period between that time and now, that transition time is probably where it will be worthwhile to hold some PMs. Between the time the dollar sinks and the government completely disappears, which may be a year or two.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Sinking the ship may take a while, but could be hastened by:
An attack by China on Taiwan, esp. if US tries to intervene
A major earthquake
An EMP
A major hacking of banks (etc)

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

ALERT! We Have 4 Months of Hyper-Inflation DEAD AHEAD! Get Your Physical Silver TODAY!!

Watch for 15% Inflation come September 11, 2022
$1 in 2021 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $1.08 today. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 8.58% in the last 12 months. As a result, the real value of a dollar has been decreasing recently. Purchasing power decreased by 8.58% in 2022 compared to 2021. On average, you would have to spend 8.58% more money in 2022 than in 2021 for the same item.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Ontario wrote: June 8th, 2022, 9:32 am
Jason wrote: June 7th, 2022, 10:52 pm Price of non-essentials dropping…even hot stuff like guns &ammo…

Needless to say, the view lies partially in gold, which detractors will attribute to sell-side bias rather than informed conviction, private common sense, or a basic understanding of math or history.

As I have
warned for years, all fraudulent banking, currency and market systems eventually collapse under their own weight.

This slow collapse is already in play, as the NASDAQ, S&P, TLT and even Muni bonds have all seen near 20% losses thus far into 2022.

Meanwhile, us boring gold investors are having to defend the only primary asset category that has kept its nose above the water level this year; we are constantly asked why gold is not ripping when in fact it has already done a noble job of not tanking
Compare gold to land...

Why?

Land produces....gold doesn't...

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

Jason wrote: June 11th, 2022, 2:36 pm
Ontario wrote: June 8th, 2022, 9:32 am

As I have

Compare gold to land...

Why?

Land produces....gold doesn't...
Land holds many more benefits and is a much safer investment than other options including gold. Gold is a dead weight and provides only a single opportunity for growth. However, gold is a collectible, but land boosts growth in the long term. With gold, you have to buy 100% cash up front and can only get the amount of which you have the cash on hand.
Gold is a very liquid asset and can be encashed at any point in time with no formalities. A real estate is subject to low volatility as compared to gold and other investment options. Gold is more volatile than real estate. The value of gold changes almost every day. Real estate has structured tax benefits.
Last edited by Ontario on June 11th, 2022, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

BroJones wrote: June 8th, 2022, 4:58 pm Sinking the ship may take a while, but could be hastened by:
An attack by China on Taiwan, esp. if US tries to intervene
A major earthquake
An EMP
A major hacking of banks (etc)
The US ship is sinking rapidly due to intentional holes being blown in the hull...energy prices, food prices, and rapidly rising cost of new money (interest rates)...

Housing ATM is now fundamentally broken.

Credit cards have functioned as temporary patches...revolving credit up 19.6% in April alone...Mar was 29%, Feb 11.5%....while 2021 averaged 6.9% despite Covid and lockdowns and such. So the question is how long can people go on credit cards? At what point do the banks shut them off? What will be the subsequent ramifications? And extended impacts?

So spending slows as core commodities remain inflated. Business revenue shrinks as employee costs are higher than ever before. All the potential scenarios of 2008 kicked forward now culminate in a record collapse.

Think the whore-mongering cocaine snorting white collar fluff cakes on Wall Street will turn loose of your paper 401k retirement money??? Think the politicians will make good on their social security promises? Think your (and mine) social security deposits are there and invested....or is it a Dumb and Dumber suitcase of IOUs?
They are intentionally collapsing the United States.

https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/the- ... ase-in?s=r
https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/is-b ... a-trap?s=r

Article above doesn’t mention China buying old military base in Texas just across from the southern border…or buying direct influence with our southern neighbor…or shipping in vast quantities of mind destroying fentanyl via our southern neighbor…or buying up US meat processors…and other strategic US infrastructure including farm land…

...speaking of China & planning in the midsts of a Chinese controlled US Presidency...Covid was planned (not to mention originating in China although funded by US taxpayers)...

How many military members escaped the Covid jabs? Heart issues are up 2000% in the military now…they just formally disciplined several medical whistleblowers. Going after the outspoken and kicking out any refusers. Despite realities of “experimental” and no legal standing for enforcement.
Did you hear the one about a country that injected its population with a product to protect them against a disease that wasn’t deadly and ended up killing them with the product instead?
https://metatron.substack.com/p/south-k ... y-joke?s=r
Justice Department Announces Largest Health Care Fraud Settlement in Its History
https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com/20 ... s-history/
U.S. consumers currently owe $22 billion in overdue utility bills.
https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/the- ... -cliff?s=r

Much is said about the Davos crowd…get it straight from the horses mouth…not sure why it’s a horse…

In the link below (6 themes)…recaps the recent Davos discussion. AND the complete retardedness…like the cofounder of the Carlyle Group saying let’s just call a recession a banana. Remember that these folks are leading the world’s most powerful organizations…yet let’s address an immediate food problem with “green” energy whilst killing coal and oil (cheap energy). Anybody with a somewhat level head (whatever their personal feelings on the subject)…knows the energy issue is a long term agenda (decades) that can’t be turned on a dime…yet here they go collapsing one industry while the other one is sputtering to get started…all while claiming to care about the starving. BUT evil has always been about facades hasn’t it…

It’s no wonder they will fall into their own pit…completely blinded by their own ambitions…
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/06/ ... c-outlook/
List of confirmed Public Figures
https://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_AM22_ ... ed_PFs.pdf

…could laugh at Klaus…but if you go to the WEF website to their partner page…see that the corporate world as we know it is officially onboard supporting that effort…even the local IHC healthcare in Utah…and major partners and guiding influence comes via Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, United Nations (140 nations around the world) and their NGO’s including their top and guiding influence- Lucis (lucifer) Trust. Not to mention the Pope’s Guardian for Inclusive Capital led by Hillary Clinton’s friend Evelyn Rothschild…10 trillion in assets with that one alone. Not even mentioning Blackrock and Vanguard that own most of the world (20 trillion in assets there). I digress…

We have the great fortune of knowing (thanks to Isaiah and others) that the diggers will fill the pit they have/are digging....but that means a power vacuum and chaos as the wicked come unleashed...not to mention the purple spot plague aspect...but there’s a very bright light at the end of the tunnel…just have to get through the gap! And even if we don’t get through the gap…we still can see Christ!! Just have to live strong despite the environment.

As a side note Dr. Joe Mercola had 7 simple broad suggestions in an article emailed this morning that seem pretty sound and logical...
1) Food — Grow some of your own food, make friends with local farmers, create or join a local CSA, and shore up your long-term food stores. (Rather than panic buying mass quantities all at once, consider spreading it out and just buy a little more than you need for the day or week each time you go shopping. You can build up a backup supply rather quickly that way)

2) Water — Identify sources of potable water and make sure you have one or more ways to purify questionable water supplies

3) Power — Consider how you might power some of the essentials in your home if there are rolling blackouts, or the electrical grid goes down altogether

4) Firearms training for self defense and hunting — Learn how to use, store, carry and clean a firearm and work on your marksmanship. Other forms of self-defense training can also be useful, if nothing else, to make you feel more competent and confident in potentially high-risk situations

5) Communications — Give some thought to how you will communicate with friends and family if cell towers and/or internet goes down

6) Medicine — Stock up on nutritional supplements, medications, how-to books on alternative home remedies and first-aid supplies

7) Money — Keep cash on hand, including smaller denominations. Both power grid and internet outages can eliminate your ability to buy without cash. For more long-term protection against inflation, consider buying physical precious metals such as gold and silver
https://media.mercola.com/ImageServer/P ... he-pdf.pdf

I would note that they are likely in order of priority. I would also note that #7 is dependent upon some sort of civilization whilst #4 is in preparation for the lack thereof. Bitcoin is not only dependent upon civilization staying in place but also upon the power and internet grid remaining intact. Also, historically, gold and silver value has largely been in the form of coins or in the framework of civilization and endorsement by the state or central authority as well. And price is relative to need. If you are starving to death...how much gold would you accept for what little food you have left? Or silver? If the silver & gold holder is starving to death...why not wait them out and get the silver and gold for nothing???

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

What the Plaza Accord meant for the United States was a devalued currency. United States manufacturers would again become profitable due to favorable exchange rates abroad, an export regimen that became quite profitable. A high US dollar means American producers can't compete at home with cheap imports coming from Japan and European nations because those imports are much cheaper than what American manufacturers can sell according to their profitability arrangements.

An undervalued currency means those same imports would experience higher prices in the United States due to unfavorable exchange rates. What a high dollar means for the United States is low inflation and low interest rates that benefit consumers because they have enough dollars to far exceed prices paid for goods. What the United States agreed to was a transfer of a part of its GDP to Europe and Japan so those economies would experience growth again. And all this was accomplished without fiscal stimulus - only an adjustment of exchange rates. What is understood in the modern day are the harsh effects such devaluations may have on an economy.

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

The historic 1985 Plaza Accord, signed at the Plaza Hotel in New York City, was a pro-growth agreement signed by what was then known as the G-5 nations: West Germany, France, the United States, Japan, and the United Kingdom. The purpose was to force the United States to devalue its currency due to a current account deficit, approaching an estimated 3% of GDP according to Paragraph 6 of the accords. More importantly, the European nations and Japan were experiencing enormous current account surpluses, as well as negative GDP growth, threatening external trade and GDP growth in their home nations.1

Protectionist measures to guard these gains were looming, especially in the United States. Developing nations were in debt and not able to participate in positive trade or positive growth in their home nations, and the United States was forced to realign the exchange rate system due to present imbalances and to promote growth around the world at the expense of its own nation. The Plaza Accord was a growth transfer policy for Europe and Japan that was wholly detrimental to the United States.

What gave the Plaza Accord its historic importance was a multitude of firsts. It was the first time central bankers agreed to intervene in the currency markets, the first time the world set target rates, the first time for the globalization of economies, and the first time each nation agreed to adjust its own economies. Sovereignty was exchanged for globalization.

For example, Germany agreed to tax cuts, the U.K. agreed to reduce its public expenditure and transfer monies to the private sector, while Japan agreed to open its markets to trade, liberalize its internal markets, and manage its economy by a true yen exchange rate. All agreed to increase employment. The United States, bearing the brunt of growth, only agreed to devalue its currency. The cooperative aspects of the Plaza Accord were the most important first.

Currency Value - What Does It Mean?

What the Plaza Accord meant for the United States was a devalued currency. United States manufacturers would again become profitable due to favorable exchange rates abroad, an export regimen that became quite profitable. A high US dollar means American producers can't compete at home with cheap imports coming from Japan and European nations because those imports are much cheaper than what American manufacturers can sell according to their profitability arrangements.

An undervalued currency means those same imports would experience higher prices in the United States due to unfavorable exchange rates. What a high dollar means for the United States is low inflation and low interest rates that benefit consumers because they have enough dollars to far exceed prices paid for goods. What the United States agreed to was a transfer of a part of its GDP to Europe and Japan so those economies would experience growth again. And all this was accomplished without fiscal stimulus - only an adjustment of exchange rates. What is understood in the modern day are the harsh effects such devaluations may have on an economy. .

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Post by Primary Outcast »

The dxy will go to $170
Silver to $15
Gold to $1550
Bitcoin to $7,000

Once the dollar tops out precious metals will take off again. Give it a year or so.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Jason wrote: June 11th, 2022, 3:39 pm I would note that they are likely in order of priority. I would also note that #7 is dependent upon some sort of civilization whilst #4 is in preparation for the lack thereof. Bitcoin is not only dependent upon civilization staying in place but also upon the power and internet grid remaining intact. Also, historically, gold and silver value has largely been in the form of coins or in the framework of civilization and endorsement by the state or central authority as well. And price is relative to need. If you are starving to death...how much gold would you accept for what little food you have left? Or silver? If the silver & gold holder is starving to death...why not wait them out and get the silver and gold for nothing???
This is something I've also pointed out in the past, that without some kind of structured market, these kind of transactions become very situational and relative. For example, would you trade a bag of apples for an ounce of gold right now? Absolutely. After a societal collapse would you make that trade? If you had some apple trees you might (for a small bag). If you don't, you probably wouldn't.

For a long time this reasoning is why I never bothered with PMs. I found that most people promoting it - even preppers who understood a collapse was inevitable - didn't seem to fully grasp what we're in for. Most seem to envision it something akin to the 1930's that will be terrible for a while then we'll all come out of it. That's not how it's going to play out this time around.

However, what I've come to appreciate over the years is that there will likely be this interim period where having non-dollar-denominated assets will be an advantage.

Right now, having cash sitting in a bank (or even or especially some kind of equities fund) is a losing proposition. Your savings is losing value every day. This degradation of currency combined with supply chain issues will lead to severe societal instability. There will be a period of time, I'm guessing a couple years, where government is operational to some degree while the currency is tanked. It's during this period that having PMs could be of great value. Having an asset that is outside your bank (which may be shuttered or very limited in what you can access) that can either be exchanged for enough currency - or directly exchanged for the desired commodity - may have an advantage. Yes, having food stored is important and will allow you to eat, but you still might be required to pay property taxes or utility bills or need non-storable items such as gasoline. There might be some interesting opportunities to acquire other interesting assets at rock-bottom prices, such as land, if you have enough PMs.

Ultimately, when the earthquakes, invasions, and pandemics completely break down society, PMs will likely not be very useful for reasons Jason has well explained. Between then and now, I can definitely see some potential utility. If you have some cash in the bank, there is almost no downside to taking some of it out and exchanging it for gold and silver. If you leave your money there, it will gradually (and possibly suddenly) become worthless. Why not swap it out from something that has historically had intrinsic value?

Food and water storage is priority #1, if you have some cash leftover after that, exchange it for some PMs.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

I would add that deflation is starting to take hold. The stimulus money is gone. The housing ATM machine had the power cord pulled out of the electrical socket. Cost of debt is being intentionally raised at unsustainable rates.

The demand driven (supply shortage - production destruction) inflation is becoming limited to energy and directly correlated industries/products.

In terms of retail...retailers dealt with supply shortages for nearly 2 years. As a result they left their orders from last year in place while ordering full steam for this year. Now inventory is really starting to pile up right when the consumer is just starting to throttle down. Credit card spending appears to have peaked in March. Bills will be coming due and energy continues to reach new heights sucking away at discretionary spending.

So while it may be tempting to spend the cash now...it is gaining more value by the day now as debt service is vacuuming up the extra along with energy.

So buy pm's today...and exchange them back for dollars tomorrow to satisfy debt requirements at lower rates.

Guns & ammo has been in high demand for some time. We are now seeing sales and supply coming back online after being non-existent for nearly 2 years.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

$600 silver??? I'd be happy if we hot $50 an Oz for silver.