Was Zoroaster a lost prophet of God?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Re: Was Zoroaster a lost prophet of God?

Post by Ymarsakar »

For primitive cultures god was an external authority. As humanity grew, this pattern could be upgraded to the unseen god in one s heart and temple body.

In many ways it is like the human body was created to house the spirit of god or elohim. The angels are uplifting us.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 20th, 2023, 7:00 am For primitive cultures god was an external authority. As humanity grew, this pattern could be upgraded to the unseen god in one s heart and temple body.

In many ways it is like the human body was created to house the spirit of god or elohim. The angels are uplifting us.
I'm not a fan of Richard Dawkins usually, but he did make the observation that once humans started controlling their environment, that they thought more in terms of beings that could do the same to them. An interesting way of looking at it.

I believe Zoroaster's message has been distorted, but that in general his legacy was a good one. I would even say the same about Gautama Buddha, even though I think his message has been even more distorted. I also think Confucius had a generally positive impact. However and false doctrine has intruded in all three cases, whether from the mouths of these men or by others.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Humans distorting those sent by god is why i do not spend time reading historical works and theologies any more. It is simpler easier and more accurate to ask the source directly. Those that were present and the gods angels that were present provide enough testimony to vheck the 3 triangulation rule for me. Even 2 can be enough.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 20th, 2023, 10:21 am Humans distorting those sent by god is why i do not spend time reading historical works and theologies any more. It is simpler easier and more accurate to ask the source directly. Those that were present and the gods angels that were present provide enough testimony to vheck the 3 triangulation rule for me. Even 2 can be enough.
Just remember that what you say about historical works can be applied to one's personal revelation too. I have heard inspiring personal revelations, but also some stuff which is crazy. Discernment is key.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Niemand wrote: May 20th, 2023, 10:34 am
Ymarsakar wrote: May 20th, 2023, 10:21 am Humans distorting those sent by god is why i do not spend time reading historical works and theologies any more. It is simpler easier and more accurate to ask the source directly. Those that were present and the gods angels that were present provide enough testimony to vheck the 3 triangulation rule for me. Even 2 can be enough.
Just remember that what you say about historical works can be applied to one's personal revelation too. I have heard inspiring personal revelations, but also some stuff which is crazy. Discernment is key.
Personal revelation cannot be verified by other people as well. Or rather it is an optical illusion.

You may remember the process church from the uk back in the 1960s. This was literally run by a matriarch that dominated the members sexually and financially but the author of the watvher confessions noted his guardian angels wanted him to join because it would teach him a great many spiritual lessons.

His mother and friends would not have saw that as guidance or revelation.

In the end we leave life with what we brought to it. Our intelligence soul and wisdom.

Am i better off now when i follow my guidance or was i better off when i was following what other people told me to do in material society? That q cannot be answered by anyone else. Even if they knew as much as me they r not me. Different values.

Do you fear death? Do you have regrets such as politics or life goals?

I do not. That is my current attainment. I am quite satisfied and happy with life.

Is this enlightenment? It is likely very boring to you and 9thers.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

varnaj42 wrote: May 20th, 2023, 3:32 amOne thing is certain and that is that there is only one God of consequence for our world. The wise man and woman will learn to look beyond the superficials and find the enduring truths which are so often hidden.
💥

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

There are no lost prophets.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

varnaj42 wrote: May 20th, 2023, 6:29 pm There are no lost prophets.
Not lost to God, but I think many have been lost to us. There are a couple mentioned in the Book of Mormon whose words we don't have. There are probably many we have heard about, but whoever succeeded them changed the words and altered the messages.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Silver Pie wrote: May 20th, 2023, 7:04 pm
Not lost to God, but I think many have been lost to us. There are a couple mentioned in the Book of Mormon whose words we don't have. There are probably many we have heard about, but whoever succeeded them changed the words and altered the messages.
The vatican killed jean the arc thej made her a saint to bolster their church. Very murder secret combo like. Kill people and make them into sock puppets. Necromancy

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

There are plenty of them. God sent out prophets to all nations. We know Native Americans, Maori etc had them, because there are still traditions about them, but since these peoples didn't tend to keep written records, we often have few details.

Most prophets are lost. And I don't mean lost as in "unsaved". Some are completely forgotten now, especially those sent to primitive and ancient peoples.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Niemand wrote: May 21st, 2023, 2:00 am
There are plenty of them. God sent out prophets to all nations. We know Native Americans, Maori etc had them, because there are still traditions about them, but since these peoples didn't tend to keep written records, we often have few details.

Most prophets are lost. And I don't mean lost as in "unsaved". Some are completely forgotten now, especially those sent to primitive and ancient peoples.

OK I agree that God ministered to all his children, not to just those in the middle east in the time of Jesus. What I find amazing though is that even though we suspect or know for sure that this is correct we still insist on those other peoples converting to the teachings our our prophet. Does this imply that their God sent prophets were in some way sub-standard?

The more i think about it the more I am convinced that the religious beliefs of others should be respected. They should be left alone to find God through their own traditions.

I recently read an article which was about the possibility of alien human beings arriving on Earth. Someone, some Christian minister quickly said that he would try to baptize them to our faith. Why? How does he know that they don't already have the very same message from the one God already? I though that man to be ignorant of possibilities and short sighted in the extreme.

I have more respect for Judaism than I do for either Christianity or Islam. The reason is because the Jews couldn't care less about converting the world. They believe in live and let live. Seems to me that this stance is more god like than any other on this planet.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I am fine with jehovah witnesses trying to convert me. True faith is preferred over weak neutrality.

In fact my conservative peers had no interest in talking to jwitnesses but i would always talk to them if they showed up and invited them in often.

This was before i joined lds or got religious born again.

These days i dont reapect any religion creed or dogma more or less than others. God will provide.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

In her final years my grandmother was a JW. She enjoyed the social activities. Without that group of ladies who came to visit she would have had no social life at all. She told me this in private one day. Well I say that any real religion should practice it's faith by helping others and just being nice.

In this late stage of my life I have no interest in joining or converting at all. Just studying and watching the way the religious world works is quite enough for me. I have summarized my life and judged myself already. I am fully aware of both my failures and victories. As a great man once said: "It is finished".

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

varnaj42 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 7:02 pm In her final years my grandmother was a JW. She enjoyed the social activities. Without that group of ladies who came to visit she would have had no social life at all. She told me this in private one day. Well I say that any real religion should practice it's faith by helping others and just being nice.

In this late stage of my life I have no interest in joining or converting at all. Just studying and watching the way the religious world works is quite enough for me. I have summarized my life and judged myself already. I am fully aware of both my failures and victories. As a great man once said: "It is finished".
If u r still around in 5 years, it will just be beginning. Reverse aging will be somehwat mainstream

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

In five years I will be 86. What adventures await? I have no idea.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 20th, 2023, 7:00 am For primitive cultures god was an external authority. As humanity grew, this pattern could be upgraded to the unseen god in one s heart and temple body.

"The chief difference between the man of the archaic and traditional societies and the man of modern societies [with reference to the place he assumes in the cosmos] with their strong imprint of Judaeo-Christianity lies in the fact that the former feels himself indissolutely connected with the Cosmos [ancient heavens] and the cosmic rhythms, whereas the latter insists that he connected only with history." -Mircea Eliade - Cosmos and History: The Myth of Eternal Return

The ancient experience couldn't be further away from our modern world and minds. In other words, man has completely cut off these ancient traditions. Eliade is also considered (Carl Jung, Nibley, etc.) the most accomplished and leading authority on the matters of ancient history, namely the origins of myth, ritual, and symbolism.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I have a book at home (somewhere) that from Hugh Nibley were he referenced Zoroaster as being a prophet. If I recall correctly he also tied Zoroaster and Jeremiah together. I'm on the road with work this week. If I remember I'll try to find the quote when I'm home next week and pull this back up.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

moving2zion wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 11:34 am I have a book at home (somewhere) that from Hugh Nibley were he referenced Zoroaster as being a prophet. If I recall correctly he also tied Zoroaster and Jeremiah together. I'm on the road with work this week. If I remember I'll try to find the quote when I'm home next week and pull this back up.
Yes, I mention Jeremiah above. 👍

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 21st, 2023, 8:36 pm
varnaj42 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 7:02 pm In her final years my grandmother was a JW. She enjoyed the social activities. Without that group of ladies who came to visit she would have had no social life at all. She told me this in private one day. Well I say that any real religion should practice it's faith by helping others and just being nice.

If u r still around in 5 years, it will just be beginning. Reverse aging will be somehwat mainstream
I don't want to "reverse age". Why on Earth would I want to remain being me when I can be reborn as someone else? Someone perhaps more interesting? Besides in my next life I plan on being born on the Martian colony. Now that... will be a lot more interesting than remaining me and staying here.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

varnaj42 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 3:40 pm

I don't want to "reverse age". Why on Earth would I want to remain being me when I can be reborn as someone else? Someone perhaps more interesting? Besides in my next life I plan on being born on the Martian colony. Now that... will be a lot more interesting than remaining me and staying here.
Do you just like staying near fires or something? ; ) Funny you mention Martian colony, that's another thing that is tentatively scheduled for 2028 reveal.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 24th, 2023, 4:40 pm
varnaj42 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 3:40 pm

Do you just like staying near fires or something? ; ) Funny you mention Martian colony, that's another thing that is tentatively scheduled for 2028 reveal.
Our lives are adventures. Each of has strengths and weaknesses. Seriously, what reason could anyone have for wanting to stay the same forever when they can expand their horizons by having a new body and personality? Tired of being a male? OK. Be a female next time. We, not God, choose our new life parameters.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 12:54 pm . . . .
There are several other even more obscure religions in that region that may have gospel roots. (Other than Judaism and Islam) The Mandans, for example, claim to have been influenced by John the Baptist, practice baptism for the dead but are not Christian.
Mandeans? Nibley goes on quite a bit about them, seeing them as a 'Rechabite' group, with ties to Israel, who moved to southern Iraq. As I recall, they even have their own 'scriptures'

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

larsenb wrote: May 25th, 2023, 12:04 am
Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 12:54 pm . . . .
There are several other even more obscure religions in that region that may have gospel roots. (Other than Judaism and Islam) The Mandans, for example, claim to have been influenced by John the Baptist, practice baptism for the dead but are not Christian.
Mandeans? Nibley goes on quite a bit about them, seeing them as a 'Rechabite' group, with ties to Israel, who moved to southern Iraq. As I recall, they even have their own 'scriptures'
Yes, that should read Mandaeans. The Mandans are a native American tribe.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Some supposed quotes from Zoroaster in the Gathas. I cannot object to any of these, but I think they are mainly focussed on making the right choice and free agency rather than deep doctrine.
Other material:
Celtic legends about the Bible, including the visits of Biblical figures to western Europe, the Michael Line, Holy Grail, and Pontius Pilate.
viewtopic.php?t=71061

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

“The Axial Period is in the nature of a miracle, in so far as no really adequate explanation of it [the author is ignorant of the biblical answer] is possible within the limits of our present knowledge” (Karl Jaspers, The Origin and Goal of History, 1949, 18).
But happen it did! It is no coincidence that during Jeremiah’s travels Zoroaster, Lao Tzu, Confucius, Gautama (the Buddha), king Numa of Rome, and the philosophers in Hellas “made their appearances… SIMULTANEOUSLY as reformers of the national religion” (Lasaulx, quoted in Jaspers, ibid., 8).