Defending Utah - Leaked Memo: Satanic Ritual Abuse is Real and Growing in Utah

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Re: Defending Utah - Leaked Memo: Satanic Ritual Abuse is Real and Growing in Utah

Post by Artaxerxes »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 1st, 2022, 6:51 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: April 1st, 2022, 4:43 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 1st, 2022, 4:41 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: April 1st, 2022, 4:14 pm

Yes. As I've said multiple times, even the Pace Memo concedes that all of the people claiming SRA were crazy.
Yes, crazy. I'd never believe a person that's been traumatized beyond the point of human dignity and had to disassociate from their own self. Weirdos...
*And who claim to be able to show police where there are dead bodies, but who never seen to be able to.

*And who claim to have been tortured in the basement of buildings that don't have basements.

*And who deny that anything happened until after HOURS of suggestive therapy.
Yes, you are always right oh wise one.
No, I just care about facts. Unlike some.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Re: Defending Utah - Leaked Memo: Satanic Ritual Abuse is Real and Growing in Utah

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 19th, 2022, 11:48 am
CuriousThinker wrote: March 19th, 2022, 11:44 am I have a friend who lives in Utah. She said her son wants to be a state trooper there. Her brother, who is one, said don't get into it. The amount of child abuse and satanic stuff you see, especially in Northern Utah, is so awful and will mess you up.
I know multiple people who have been trafficked/abused, specially in the satanic arm of the LDS church.
ROTFL

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 18th, 2022, 8:52 pm https://www.defendingutah.org/post/2019 ... g-in-utah/

“During the late 1980’s and early 1990’s local leaders (Bishops) in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had members in large enough numbers report they were victims of Satanic ritual abuse (SRA) that the little known Strengthening the Members Committee assigned Bishop Glenn L. Pace of the presiding Bishopric to investigate. Bishop Pace submitted his report to the committee in July of 1990 and about a year later the report was leaked to local media.

“In this report, Defending Utah discusses the reports specifics and takes callers comments and questions. The full memo is included below.”
Bahahahahaha

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 7:04 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 19th, 2022, 11:48 am
CuriousThinker wrote: March 19th, 2022, 11:44 am I have a friend who lives in Utah. She said her son wants to be a state trooper there. Her brother, who is one, said don't get into it. The amount of child abuse and satanic stuff you see, especially in Northern Utah, is so awful and will mess you up.
I know multiple people who have been trafficked/abused, specially in the satanic arm of the LDS church.
ROTFL
I mean, their approach to covid is satanic enough for me.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Artaxerxes wrote: April 1st, 2022, 6:59 pm
Yes, crazy. I'd never believe a person that's been traumatized beyond the point of human dignity and had to disassociate from their own self. Weirdos...
*And who claim to be able to show police where there are dead bodies, but who never seen to be able to.

*And who claim to have been tortured in the basement of buildings that don't have basements.

I trust you.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Well, you like the things that confirm your bias or agenda. (Not so long ago I had the same cognitive bias so I get it.) Of course, all of the people Pace met had psychological problems, or, as you keep claiming, were crazy. So what? If what they were claiming was true, how could they not have such problems? Ritualized sexual abuse is SPECIFICALLY DONE to cause psychological problems and I imagine it's very effective in doing so.

You also conveniently ignore three facts. One, many of the people claiming RSA started having flashbacks to abuse before ever going to a psychologist or therapist.

Two, Pace wrote that those flashbacks were remarkably consistent which is kind of important. It's strange that pathologist's aren't getting flooded with flashbacks from people imagining they were in a war, or had a disease, or were being attacked by zombies. But it seems like mental health professionals get a fair amount of RSA issues. If all these are imaginary, why isn't there a broader spectrum of issues? So what's the explanation here? I know, there's a conspiracy by all the psychologists to try to make as many people as possible think they've experienced these things. Yeah, that makes sense. (I suppose I should use your loWer-CasE UppeR-CaSe type to indicate sarcasm at this point but that's kinda your thing.)

Three, Bishop Glenn L Pace found these cases to be persuasive. Pace, a member of the Presiding Bishopric, who actually talked to those people, believed them. Did you talk to those people? He said he talked to about 60 people but could've talk to many more. Have you even talked to three people, or two, or even one person who suffered from this? Then what makes you more of an expert than Elder Pace? That you read a few newspaper articles that said recovered memories are fraudulent? Really? That's laughable.

So that's my response. I'm sure I won't have to wait long for your snappy, yet tedious and oh-so-offended comeback. Cheers!

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Atrasado wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 9:32 am

Well, you like the things that confirm your bias or agenda. (Not so long ago I had the same cognitive bias.) Of course, all of the people Pace met had psychological problems, or, as you keep claiming, were crazy. If what they were claiming was true, how could they not have such problems? So what? Ritualized sexual abuse is SPECIFICALLY DONE to cause psychological problems and I imagine it's very effective in doing so.

You also conveniently ignore three facts. One, most of the people claiming RSA started having flashbacks to abuse before ever going to a psychologist or therapist.

Two, Pace wrote that those flashbacks were remarkably consistent. Which is kind of important. It's strange that pathologist's aren't getting flooded with flashbacks from people imagining they were in a war, or had a disease, or were being attacked by zombies. But it seems like mental health professionals get a fair amount of RSA issues. If all these are imaginary, why isn't there a broader spectrum of issues? I know, there's a conspiracy by all the psychologists to try to make as many people as possible think they've experienced these things. Yeah, that makes sense. (I suppose I should use your loWer-CasE UppeR-CaSe type to indicate sarcasm, but that's kinda your thing.)

Three, Bishop Glenn L Pace found these cases to be persuasive. Pace, a member of the Presiding Bishopric, who actually talked to those people, believed them. Did you talk to those people? He said he talked to about 60 people but could've talk to many more. Have you even talked to three people, or two, or even one person who suffered from this? Then what makes you more of an expert than Elder Pace? That you read a few newspaper articles that said recovered memories are fraudulent? Really? That's laughable.

So that's my response. I'm sure I won't have to wait long for your snappy, yet tedious and oh-so-offended comeback. Cheers!
So you've gone from "The Pace Memo never says they're crazy!" to "Of course they're all crazy! Everyone knows that!"

Some craziness might result from SRA. But not 100%. That's an indication that the claims are the result of the mental illness not the other way around.

Yes, some crazy people have delusional fantasies without cajoling. The clusters of satanic panic were the result of evil psychologists.

The people's delusions were similar because they came from the same source: the news reporting on SRA. That fed crazy people's delusions and believed that the news was talking about them. That's why they all thought the same things happened to each of them.

Pace believed them at a time when everyone believed in SRA. Once it was shown to all be a hoax, people stopped believing.

I'm not more of an expert. I just have more facts than he did. Because, you know, things happened after the memo, like the investigation into their insane claims. And that's what matters. Not whether we want to believe things or not, but what the facts say. And the fact is that these crazy people were simply delusional.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Thank you

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Glenn Pace told the guys at Defending Utah just before he passed away that SRA was worse than the memorandum alluded to.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 11:56 am Glenn Pace told the guys at Defending Utah just before he passed away that SRA was worse than the memorandum alluded to.
Under what circumstances should we defer to the opinions of others?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 2:29 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 11:56 am Glenn Pace told the guys at Defending Utah just before he passed away that SRA was worse than the memorandum alluded to.
2 Nephi 28:31

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 4:37 pm
So was Pace given the SRA info from the Holy Ghost or from crazy people?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 4:41 pm
I don't know, Im not Pace or the "crazy" people. But I do know that SRA is alive and well in the LDS church. Reread the end of 2 Nephi, all darkness will be exposed in the last days. This certainly qualifies.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 5:08 pm
I don't know, Im not Pace or the "crazy" people. But I do know that SRA is alive and well in the LDS church. Reread the end of 2 Nephi, all darkness will be exposed in the last days. This certainly qualifies.
This is a dark thing, therefore it happened because the scriptures say dark things will be exposed? So if I say that PEZ causes people to kill other people, must that also be true because it's a dark thing I'm alleging?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 5:12 pm
This is a dark thing, therefore it happened because the scriptures say dark things will be exposed? So if I say that PEZ causes people to kill other people, must that also be true because it's a dark thing I'm alleging?
WTH?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 5:45 pm
WTH?
Your evidence that it was true was that it was a dark thing, and dark things were prophesied. That's not logical.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 6:33 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 5:45 pm
WTH?
Your evidence that it was true was that it was a dark thing, and dark things were prophesied. That's not logical.
I never said that.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Artaxerxes wrote: March 18th, 2022, 9:14 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 18th, 2022, 8:52 pm https://www.defendingutah.org/post/2019 ... g-in-utah/

“During the late 1980’s and early 1990’s local leaders (Bishops) in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had members in large enough numbers report they were victims of Satanic ritual abuse (SRA) that the little known Strengthening the Members Committee assigned Bishop Glenn L. Pace of the presiding Bishopric to investigate. Bishop Pace submitted his report to the committee in July of 1990 and about a year later the report was leaked to local media.

“In this report, Defending Utah discusses the reports specifics and takes callers comments and questions. The full memo is included below.”
According to the memo itself, all of the "victims" were crazy. The allegations were all investigated, and all found to be false.
http://www.saferchildren.net/print/utahag.pdf

These things simply never happened.
I remember reading the memo. I don't recall such a conclusion at all, but rather that more investigation needed to be done into these claims (and never was).

Wouldn't surprise me if some church apologists simply dismissed the stories as those of crazy people, but the memo took it very seriously.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

gruden2.0 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:22 pm

According to the memo itself, all of the "victims" were crazy. The allegations were all investigated, and all found to be false.

I remember reading the memo. I don't recall such a conclusion at all, but rather that more investigation needed to be done into these claims (and never was).

Wouldn't surprise me if some church apologists simply dismissed the stories as those of crazy people, but the memo took it very seriously.
I've posted the quote several times in this thread, but don't mind pasting it again.

""All have developed psychological problems and most have been diagnosed as having multiple personality disorder or some other form of dissociative disorder."

The memo recognized ALL of the people claiming SRA were crazy.

pancake
on Deacon Homespun's plate

Post by pancake »

It is a common theme for people who attempt to uncover hidden works of darkness to be labeled as crazy by those who seek to govern our minds.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

pancake wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:34 pm

It is a common theme for people who attempt to uncover hidden works of darkness to be labeled as crazy by those who seek to govern our minds (government).
Or they simply are crazy.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:28 pm I've posted the quote several times in this thread, but don't mind pasting it again.

""All have developed psychological problems and most have been diagnosed as having multiple personality disorder or some other form of dissociative disorder."

Lmao, of course you’d take that statement to mean they’re all lunatics. Good grief.

Wait till you find out WHY they developed said psychological issues.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:36 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:28 pm I've posted the quote several times in this thread, but don't mind pasting it again.

Lmao, of course you’d take that statement to mean they’re all lunatics. Good grief.

I do love this two-step.

"The Pace Memo never says they were crazy!!! You're just calling them crazy to discredit their accusations."

No, they totally were crazy.

"Well, of course they were crazy!!! Obviously they were crazy! That just proves their claims are true!!"

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:39 pm

I do love this two-step.

"The Pace Memo never says they were crazy!!! You're just calling them crazy to discredit their accusations."

"Well, of course they were crazy!!! Obviously they were crazy! That just proves their claims are true!!"
What a troll.

You see the psychological disorders as synonymous with being crazy, I do not. How many people do you personally know with the aforementioned disorders?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:42 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:39 pm

I do love this two-step.

What a troll.

You see the psychological disorders as synonymous with being crazy, I do not. How many people do you personally know with the aforementioned disorders?
You don't think that having multiple personalities or dissociative disorders qualify as crazy?

I don't personally know anyone with those serious mental illnesses.