The Russian side of the story

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Re: The Russian side of the story

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Link to article - needs translator.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

mudflap wrote: March 18th, 2022, 1:02 pm
Original_Intent wrote: March 18th, 2022, 12:33 pm https://mises.org/wire/facing-unpleasan ... An2t6X4rQk
Having been lied into war in Iraq in 2003, the American public swore it had wised up. Sure, it went on to drop the ball by supporting the Libya intervention, itself prefaced by lies, and supported the government’s intervention in the civil war in Syria (or at least didn’t mind it), even though the US sided with the very Sunni extremists it had been fighting a few years before in Iraq. But these were admittedly obscure conflicts, made all the more so by the blatantly biased coverage of events by Western media, which parroted obvious lies about impending massacres and staged chemical weapons attacks.
don't forget Afghanistan - 20 years of dead troops and for what? so we could give them billions in weapons, tanks, helicopters and whatever, and still end up with the Taliban back in control just like they were in 2001?

Oh, and nobody got fired over that fiasco. Or even questioned. And the same people who screwed that job up are advising us how to handle Ukraine?

You know....if my boss gave me a project, and I screwed it up in the amount of billion$, I think on the next project he might probably choose someone else as the lead. But this is AMERICA! Where you can BE ANYTHING you want - even a failure! and not only keep your job - you get promoted.
What are your measurements for failure?

Afghanistan was a success in flooding the world with opiates...but now fentanyl is more potent and cheaper...China currently giving it away under the direction that it be distributed in North America...

Kind of like 9/11...every military leader who dropped the ball that day got promoted...so maybe they in fact didn't drop the ball and executed according to plan in a satisfactory manner such that they were subsequently (within 6 months) promoted?

Perhaps 9/11 was successful in destroying some asbestos laden buildings and providing necessary stimulus to get to Afghanistan and stop the Taliban from eradicating the poppy fields? Taking over the oil fields of Iraq? Etc etc etc

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Jason wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:49 pm
mudflap wrote: March 18th, 2022, 1:02 pm
Original_Intent wrote: March 18th, 2022, 12:33 pm https://mises.org/wire/facing-unpleasan ... An2t6X4rQk
Having been lied into war in Iraq in 2003, the American public swore it had wised up. Sure, it went on to drop the ball by supporting the Libya intervention, itself prefaced by lies, and supported the government’s intervention in the civil war in Syria (or at least didn’t mind it), even though the US sided with the very Sunni extremists it had been fighting a few years before in Iraq. But these were admittedly obscure conflicts, made all the more so by the blatantly biased coverage of events by Western media, which parroted obvious lies about impending massacres and staged chemical weapons attacks.
don't forget Afghanistan - 20 years of dead troops and for what? so we could give them billions in weapons, tanks, helicopters and whatever, and still end up with the Taliban back in control just like they were in 2001?

Oh, and nobody got fired over that fiasco. Or even questioned. And the same people who screwed that job up are advising us how to handle Ukraine?

You know....if my boss gave me a project, and I screwed it up in the amount of billion$, I think on the next project he might probably choose someone else as the lead. But this is AMERICA! Where you can BE ANYTHING you want - even a failure! and not only keep your job - you get promoted.
What are your measurements for failure?

Afghanistan was a success in flooding the world with opiates...but now fentanyl is more potent and cheaper...China currently giving it away under the direction that it be distributed in North America...

Kind of like 9/11...every military leader who dropped the ball that day got promoted...so maybe they in fact didn't drop the ball and executed according to plan in a satisfactory manner such that they were subsequently (within 6 months) promoted?

Perhaps 9/11 was successful in destroying some asbestos laden buildings and providing necessary stimulus to get to Afghanistan and stop the Taliban from eradicating the poppy fields? Taking over the oil fields of Iraq? Etc etc etc
You've definitely got a point.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

I just realized:

- the election is <10 days away
- Democrats are looking at a red Tsunami (because "abortion" doesn't poll as well as $8.58 butter) so....
- October surprise?

a false flag attack (dirty bomb and blame Russia) is the perfect distraction for losing an election. They are the Party of Death and War, after all....

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

omg....ten days away and the dems are going crazy in WA....its patty Murray's ugly old GMA in tennis shoes face everywhere....patty Murray says she is trying to stop inflation and hates what is happening right now with gas prices.....i almost lost my salad over that....it's dispicable...its disgusting...its dishonest....it's every d word I can think of...lol...every day I get flyers in the mail from different dems with America first agenda written all over them. With red letters that looks like its a Maga advertisement which it isn't.....it's like they forgot what they said last year about defunding the police...chop....homeless encampments...vaxx mandates...school closings....riots..inflation stimulus.....ect...and they are trying to use trumps messaging.....it's freaking nuts....the masses are really confused by all this I assure you...with gas nearing six dollars a gallon....people are fed up but some voters actually believe patty Murray as they just don't pay attention to what she has been saying for the past two years and now is flipping the script......people here have the memory of a guppie and that is probably generous to label them as such....ldk if people are waking up to the awful situation or not...i do know people are not driving as much as traffic seems a bit better these days.....but sadly I'm not sure Washington will be part of a red wave.....

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Looks like the Ukrainian Biolab story is going mainstream:

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... n-ukraine/

Russia calling for UN investigation into US supported Ukrainian biolabs - and "the Hill" is reporting this.

Pretty sure we knew about this like 6 months ago, confirming yet again: the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth is about 6 months.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

mudflap wrote: October 26th, 2022, 1:47 pm Looks like the Ukrainian Biolab story is going mainstream:

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... n-ukraine/

Russia calling for UN investigation into US supported Ukrainian biolabs - and "the Hill" is reporting this.

Pretty sure we knew about this like 6 months ago, confirming yet again: the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth is about 6 months.
It is beyond obvious at this point that we should discontinue the term 'conspiracy theory' and in its place use 'spoiler alert'. 😁

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/putins-sledgehammer/

interesting summary of what could happen this winter:
Until recently, Russia had avoided targets that would dramatically impact civilian activities, but now military leaders have returned to a more conventional approach. Presently, the military is destroying whatever facilities, transformers, storage units, substations, rail yards and energy depots that allow Ukraine to continue to wage war. Clearly –as the bigger and more powerful state — it was always within Russia’s ability to take a sledgehammer to Ukraine and break it into a million pieces, but Putin chose to hold back hoping that Kiev would come to its senses and see the hopelessness of its cause. And –despite the deluge of western propaganda to the contrary– the outcome of this war has never been in doubt. Russia is going to impose a settlement on Kiev and that settlement will require the government to cut all ties with NATO and to sign a treaty declaring its neutrality into perpetuity. Russia is not going to allow a hostile military alliance to place its missile sites and combat troops on its western flank. That won’t happen.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Sarah wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 1:21 pm
The Red Pill wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 1:00 pm When George Soros, Klaus Schwab, WEF, UN, Biden, State Department, Silicon Valley, Intelligence Agencies and NATO....

Are ALL backing Ukraine....YOU BETTER ASK YOURSELF WHY?....and...you SHOULD BE worried.

https://rairfoundation.com/world-econom ... tin-video/
It's not a hard answer. They either are compromised and are playing their part as controlled opposition in this East/West fight, or they are genuinely backing Ukraine, the obvious victim in this drama.
lol, who do you think moved the pieces into position? They have been pulling those specific strings in Ukraine for over a decade.