Will you give up your mask?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Will you give up your mask?

Post by Christianlee »

Even though mask requirements have been abandoned almost everywhere, I still see people at church donning them. Do you think the time will come when everyone gives up their masks? Young people are the worst. I sometimes attend a large evangelical megachurch with many attendees, but none of them are wearing masks.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: Will you give up your mask?

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Maybe Dr Jones will keep his just so he can have a cool message on it like an American flag design? (Sorry, couldn't resist :lol: )

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Once the late spring hits here, I'll give it up.

Then put it back on when the rains stop in mid to late October.

It's not about a virus but about the pollen in the air that gives me seasonal allergies. The N-95 is quite good at filtering out pollen.

Iceberg
captain of 100

Post by Iceberg »

Went to the dentist today. Signs on the doors reading must wear mask. Walked in and checked in. Receptionist asked if I had a masked and I said I didn’t. She offered me one and I replied. “No thanks, I’m sick of masks I’ll wait outside.” I am so over living in a deceptive world. Not trying to be cranky...sorry.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Iceberg wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 12:47 pm Went to the dentist today. Signs on the doors reading must wear mask. Walked in and checked in. Receptionist asked if I had a masked and I said I didn’t. She offered me one and I replied. “No thanks, I’m sick of masks I’ll wait outside.” I am so over living in a deceptive world. Not trying to be cranky...sorry.
Your approach is nowhere near cranky. People need to be over this, the masks are a tool in this manipulation. The longer people wear them, the greater the effect.

I turned down a job because they would require masks on occasion. I have a no tolerance policy. Until people do that, mandates will remain in effect.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Give it up? Try to get one back on me.

I have moved on to freeing the working class.

Ask for help from a store associate, when they speak ask them to take their mask off when speaking to you.

LadyT
captain of 100

Post by LadyT »

I hate masks. I don't wear one unless it's at hospital with my parents or kids. They won't let you in without a mask on. I haven't worn one at church in a long time.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I believe the leaders in Salt Lake frowned upon masks at Halloween because masked people assassinated the Prophet Joseph. These face coverings used now can hide a person’s identity. Shouldn’t they be frowned upon as well? Dehumanizing props.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
2022-03-02_14-32-51.png
2022-03-02_14-32-51.png (197.11 KiB) Viewed 1547 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

At first I thought this was satire 😂

Egoof
captain of 100

Post by Egoof »

They just sent an email out at the clinic that I work at here in Utah County that we're in the green now and masking is optional. Every single employee pretty much immediately removed their masks. It's so weird seeing some of these peoples faces that I've never seen before :)

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

Our stake President in Utah is still insisting everyone wear a mask at church. He has the Bishopric read a statement every single Sacrament meeting about following the prophet and wear a mask. I teach the 7 year olds at church and half of them wear masks. It’s insanity to me. If our stake President is so concerned, church should be cancelled.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Yeah, and I'm gonna give up my membership too. Dear, LDS church. You lost a faithful Book of Mormon believer, Law of Chastity keeper, tithe payer and temple attender.
I'm done with your lies and will not take part in bringing more children into your lies as I get married and have a family.

My belief in the Book of Mormon will continue on, apart from you.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Spider wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 9:57 pm Our stake President in Utah is still insisting everyone wear a mask at church. He has the Bishopric read a statement every single Sacrament meeting about following the prophet and wear a mask. I teach the 7 year olds at church and half of them wear masks. It’s insanity to me. If our stake President is so concerned, church should be cancelled.
There are some people that view this as still neccessary.

I was speaking with a guy who believes this call to take off masks won't be permanent. He views hospitalizations will rise again and the mask mandate will be reinstated.

I am with your viewpoint on this....

I am just explaining what the true believers of covid pandemic are thinking.....

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Spider wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 9:57 pm Our stake President in Utah is still insisting everyone wear a mask at church. He has the Bishopric read a statement every single Sacrament meeting about following the prophet and wear a mask. I teach the 7 year olds at church and half of them wear masks. It’s insanity to me. If our stake President is so concerned, church should be cancelled.
That tends to be my opinion. If attending church is so dangerous I am asked to wear a mask, I shouldn’t be there. Of course we know the masks are useless in stopping Covid. It is all theater.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
main-qimg-1f7beb5af1e86e33787b2df41eb0a9da-lq.jpg
main-qimg-1f7beb5af1e86e33787b2df41eb0a9da-lq.jpg (49.41 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
FM701lDWQAMXZKY.jpg
FM701lDWQAMXZKY.jpg (76.33 KiB) Viewed 1200 times

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
Screenshot_20220303-152641.png
Screenshot_20220303-152641.png (893.77 KiB) Viewed 1134 times

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

At work when I have to pull about 30 to 50 bales of hay off a semi, it is actually preferential to wear a mask. Otherwise that crap gets in your lungs and has me coughing and sneezing the rest of the day. I tried doing it without one, and felt like crap. Literally the only time I find them useful.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Lexew1899 wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 2:59 pm At work when I have to pull about 30 to 50 bales of hay off a semi, it is actually preferential to wear a mask. Otherwise that crap gets in your lungs and has me coughing and sneezing the rest of the day. I tried doing it without one, and felt like crap. Literally the only time I find them useful.
My neighbor wears a heavy-duty mask while mowing his lawn. He is literally the only person I have seen in my neighborhood (I’ve lived here a year now) wearing a mask.

Masks have their usefulness. Preventing the transmission of a virus is not one of them.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Fewer people wear them at church, but are still required at the temple. Hardly any patrons showed up yesterday because of icy roads. I made the 63 mile drive & nearly fell walking to the entrance. Combined with everyone wearing a mask & using their inaudible temple voices I simply cannot understand what anyone is saying! I got through the session using instinct & inner promptings.

In Sealings the Sealer removed his mask to be better heard. I thought he said we could remove ours, as well. Everyone seemed shocked when I removed mine saying, “Thank you. I can’t hear a thing wearing a mask.”
His answer, I wish that were the only time I couldn’t hear.”

I didn’t put it back on & was able to hear every name & word clearly. I hope the temple mask mandate goes away. Few in our state wear them and haven’t for over a year. Children are rarely seen with them even at church.
Last edited by buffalo_girl on March 3rd, 2022, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Lexew1899 wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 2:59 pm At work when I have to pull about 30 to 50 bales of hay off a semi, it is actually preferential to wear a mask. Otherwise that crap gets in your lungs and has me coughing and sneezing the rest of the day. I tried doing it without one, and felt like crap. Literally the only time I find them useful.
Even hay fields are now being sprayed with herbicides. You might want to think about an industrial use respirator for the work you do.

I often wonder how the animals eating herbicide laced hay are doing. Manure - even the commercial bagged product- used as ‘natural’ fertilizer for home gardeners is damaging vegetable plants because the chemical is passing through the animals.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

buffalo_girl wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 4:23 pm
Even hay fields are now being sprayed with herbicides. You might want to think about an industrial use respirator for the work you do.

I often wonder how the animals eating herbicide laced hay are doing. Manure - even the commercial bagged product- used as ‘natural’ fertilizer for home gardeners is damaging vegetable plants because the chemical is passing through the animals.
Hmm, I never thought about what they might be spraying on the hay. The Timmothy hay seems to be the worst. The alfalfa and coastal aren’t as bad.